Unofficial Portkey Archive

In Another Life by adri9692
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

In Another Life

adri9692

A\N: this idea came to me while I was listening to Ashlee Simpson's "In Another Life"

disclaimer: this wonderful world and all of it's characters came from J.K. Rowling's wonderful mind, not mine. So don't sue me.

pairings: R/LL, some H/Hr, R/LB, R/Hr, D/PP, and G/N

summary: On the eve of her wedding, Luna Lovegood reminisces of how she met her soon-to-be husband and the poem she wrote to win his heart

In another life

Here she was, on the eve of wedding reminiscing about how she met and won the heart of her beloved, Ron Weasley.

It had happened about eight and a half years ago, when she had met Ron. She was quietly sitting in her compartment on the Hogwarts Express, reading the latest edition of The Quibbler, the magazine her father ran, and thinking about Crumple-Horned Snorckacks, when an attractive red-haired boy, accompanied by a almost as attractive raven-haired boy. She felt an instant connection with the red-haired boy. They introduced themselves as Ron Weasley and Harry Potter.

She was more interested in Ron than Harry. He seemed more interesting than Harry, and she hadn't felt the connection with Harry as she had with Ron. Also, after talking with them for a few minutes she found that he had a better sense of humor than Harry. He made her giggle. But then again, everything made her giggle.

A few minutes later a girl with brown, bushy hair, came in.

"Harry, Ron, I've been looking all over for-",she huffed breathlessly, then suddenly she noticed someone else was in the compartment. "Oh, hello. My name is Hermione Granger, and you are?"

"Hermione, this is Luna Lovegood, she is fourth year in Ravenclaw.", said Ron.

How nice of him to introduce me. Luna thought

"Pleased to meet you Luna."

"Nice to meet you too"

She noticed that Ron was looking at Hermione with a particular sparkle. She sensed that he liked her, a lot.

*********************************************

Luna and Harry became great friends in the months that passed. But she would've much rather become great friends with Ron.

That same year, Luna joined the D.A.. She liked it a lot. She learned a lot of great spells to defend herself.

There she had friends like Neville Longbottom and Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister, that didn't make fun of her, or call her 'loony'.

Well except for Ron. She knew he called her loony behind her back. But she didn't care, she still liked him.

*********************************************

The next year was a very eventful year.

Ron had a girlfriend.

Her name was Lavender Brown. She was the pure definition of an air-head. All she cared about was boys, gossip, make-up, boys, clothes, boys, hair, rumors, divination, and boys.

Luna hated her. I know hate is a strong word, but that doesn't even begin to describe how she felt about her. She despised her.

A few months later, Ron broke up with Lavender. Oh, Luna was so happy!

But, then, a few days after the break-up, something terrible happened.

Dumbledore died.

She was fighting off the Voldemort's Death Eaters when she heard the news. She was fighting a particularly nasty one in the corridor, when someone shouted, "DUMBLEDORE HAS DIED!!".

She stopped in her tracks. She almost forgot she fighting a death eater, but quickly remembered, and didn't give him a chance to finish the curse he was saying.

At the funeral, she saw Ron cry for the first time. She was surprised to see big, fat tears coming out of those big, puffy, green eyes she adored so much.

*********************************************

The next year Ron and Hermione started dating.

After two months of going out, they figured out they were better off as friends.

About two weeks later Hermione started dating someone else. That someone else was Harry.

After two weeks of them dating, Ron started feeling left out.

Luna saw him one day, out by the lake. Crying.

She knew why he was crying so she thought she would go and try to comfort him.

She went up to the tree where he was sitting.

"Luna-" he said quickly wiping his face, " what are you doing here?"

"Can I sit down?" Luna asked.

"Actually-" Ron started.

She quickly sat down, not giving him a chance to say anything else.

"I know why you're crying." she said.

"I'm not crying." he protested.

"You were."

"No I wasn't."

"Ronald, I saw you from the castle."

Ron cringed at hearing his name said like that.

"Well you wouldn't know why." he said.

"Yes I would," she said in her usual dreamy voice, "you're crying because you feel left out."

"Okay, maybe you would. It's just that now that Harry and Hermione have each other, it feels like they don't need me anymore." he said sadly.

"Don't be ridiculous. Of course they need you." she said

"Doesn't feel like it." he said.

"Ronald. What you need to understand is that Harry and Hermione love and need each other, and they are just figuring that out. They need each other as much as they need you. They just have to get used to having each other as more than just friends. After that, everything will go back to normal."

"Well, I never thought of it that way. I guess you're right. Gee, thanks Luna." he gave her a kiss on the cheek, making her blush furiously.

"Well, I have to go," he said "see you later."

"See you." she said.

I can't believe he kissed me on the cheek! She thought while touching her cheek.

*********************************************

In the next few weeks Luna and Ron started talking more often, and Ron told Luna his problems, while she listened. They also played wizard's chess, which she surprisingly beat him most of time.

Ron's Graduation Ball was coming up. Luna hoped and prayed that Ron would ask her to go with him.

About a month before th ball, Ron came up to her.

"Er, Luna, can I , er, talk to you?" he asked

"Of course you can, Ronald." she said happily.

"Er, ok. Would you like to go to the, er, Graduation Ball with me?" he asked hesitantly.

"Of course I'd like to go to the Graduation Ball with you Ronald " Luna said excitedly

"Er, ok then, it's a date." he said.

"It's a date." she answered happily.

In the following weeks, they continued to talk.

Ron opened up even more to her.

She even told him about her few problems. She told about how everyone made fun of her and called 'loony' (to which he gave an incredibly guilty face) and about her mother's death.

She had never even told Ginny, who was her best friend, these thing. But yet she felt comfortable enough to tell him.

They continued to play chess and she continued to beat him

.

All of this made her like him even more, if that was at all possible.

*********************************************

"Are you sure that you don't want me and Neville to go and meet Ron with you? We can wait until you're ready." Ginny said.

Since Ginny was in Luna's year the only reason she was going was because Neville asked her to go with him.

"I'm sure." replied Luna.

"Your positive you want to go alone? My brother can be such a jerk sometimes. I can make Neville wait." Ginny said.

"I'm positive Ginny. You and Neville go ahead."

"Ok then. See you there."

"See you Ginny."

Luna chose to wear a beautiful, light pink gown that went down to her knees. It had spaghetti straps and had glitter everywhere. She wore matching pink heels, which too had glitter. She had her hair up in a pretty bun, and it also had glitter on it.

She decided not to wear her usual radish earrings and bottlecap necklace. Instead she wore a beautiful pink, sapphire necklace and matching earrings that had once belonged to her mother.

She had also decided to d something else that night.

She had decide to tell Ron weasley that she loved him.

When Ron went to pick her up, his jaw dropped to the floor, and maybe even a little bit more.

"Hello, Ronald." Luna said grinning.

"Luna-" he said at loss for words, "Luna you look stunning. You look- you look beautiful."

"Thank you, Ronald."

"No, thank you. For coming to the ball with me."

She gave him a piece of parchment

"What's this?" he asked.

"You'll see. But don't open it until after the ball." she said, grinning.

"Ok, then. Let's get going my lady. To the Great Hall!" he said, laughing.

He took her by the arm and escorted her to th Great Hall, both of them beaming.

*********************************************

When they reached the Great Hall, they met up with Ginny, Neville, Harry, and Hermione.

"Wow, Luna! You look great!" said Ginny.

"Yeah I agree with Ginny." said Hermione.

"Thanks. You guys look great too." replied Luna.

"You got lucky mate." said Harry, patting Ron on the back.

"Thanks, mate." replied Ron.

"Well I guess we should start dancing." said Neville.

"Ok, then. Let's get going." said Hermione.

To Luna it was the best night of her life.

Ron was a great dancer, but Harry couldn't dance to save his life.

To everyone's surprise, except Ginny, Neville was the best dancer there.

After two hours of dancing, Ron and Luna got tired, so they went to go get something to drink.

"Oh, Ronald. This has truly been one of the best nights of my life!" Luna said happily.

"Actually, it's been one of the best nights of my life too." said Ron, grinning.

He leaned in to kiss her when they heard a familiar voice behind them.

"Well if it isn't Weasley and if I'm not mistaken, Ms. Luna Lovegood."

They turned to face Draco Malfoy, accompanied by giggling Pansy Parkinson.

"Shove off, Malfoy." said Ron.

"What happened Weasley? Couldn't afford to lose 12 galleons? So poor that you had to go and ask Loony Lovegood to the ball, are you?" said Malfoy snickering.

"What are you talking about?" asked Luna.

"Oh! You mean you didn't know!" said Malfoy.

"Didn't know what?" asked Luna

"Forget it, Luna, it's not important." said Ron, scowling.

"Of course it's important!" said Malfoy, grinning, "Seamus Finnigan bet Ronny here 12 galleons that he wouldn't ask you to the ball." said Malfoy, already laughing now.

"Is that true Ronald?" Luna asked, tears forming in her eyes.

"Well, it was at first but, now I-" Ron started.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS TO ME!!" Luna shouted.

She ran out the Great Hall in tears.

"Luna, wait!" Ginny said "I'm disgusted at how selfish you are Ron!"

"But I-" Ron started

"Save it." Ginny said, running after Luna

'Thanks a lot Malfoy." Ron said, scowling.

"Hey, I'm always happy to help" said Malfoy, laughing, setting Pansy into a fit of giggles.

Ron stalked away from them.

Harry and Hermione came up to him.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked Ron.

"Luna found about the bet." Ron said angrily

"Oh, no!" Hermione gasped.

"Oh, no is right." said Ron.

"I told you, you shouldn't have taken that bet." said Hermione. "It's not good to mess with people's feelings."

"I know, Hermione! The thing is that, I actually started liking her." said Ron.

"Oh!" said Hermione.

"Well then you should go and think about it then." said Harry.

"That's what I'm going to do now." said Ron.

"Ok then see you later mate." said Harry.

"Bye, guys." said Ron sadly.

*********************************************

Ron sat down in the Gryffindor common room thinking.

I screwed up royally with Luna.

He put his hand in his pocket and felt a piece of parchment. He took it out and unfolded it.

"I almost forgot Luna's parchment!" he said.

Written in pretty cursive handwriting, was a poem.

Do you love me?

Oh do you love me?
I hope so.

Do you need me?

Oh do you need me?

Merlin I hope
I get this feeling deep inside,
That somewhere, somehow you passed me by.
I can't put my finger on it but,

The more that I see you, the more that I know.
Everywhere you go is everywhere I've been.

You finish all my sentences before they begin
And I know that look in your eyes
It's like I've seen you before about a million times
In another life, in another life maybe,

In another life you must've been mine
You make me feel so,
Oh, you make me feel so,

Beautiful.
It doesn't matter,

No it never matters if we're out or home
We can make hours into years
Wherever you go you're always here
It's like I've known you from before
But I'm just so happy you walked through my door
I'm breathing you in
I'm breathing you out

You're all around me.

No matter what we do,

I wanna spend life with you, only you
Do you love me, Oh do you love me
Say you love me, Oh say you love me

Ronald, I hope you feel the same about me as I do about you. I love you and I always will.

Love always,

Luna Lovegood.

At that moment Ron Weasley figured out that he had someone who loved him so much, they would write a poem just for him, and that he felt the same way, well except for the poem part.

He loved Luna Lovegood.

I have to find her. He thought

*********************************************

In the Ravenclaw common room Luna Lovegood was thinking.

How could I have thought that Ronald Weasley would like me, 'Loony' Lovegood?

Then all of the sudden she heard someone shout out, " HEY ! YOU CAN'T COME IN HERE YOU'RE NOT A RAVENCLAW !! "

Then she heard someone say, "Luna, are you in here?"

She jumped when she heard her name.

"Ronald?" she asked.

"Luna?"

"Ronald, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"Luna, I need to talk to you." he said.

"I don't think I want to talk to you anymore ." she answered.

"Please Luna, I'm begging you. Please talk to me."

"Alright then, let's go outside."

When they were outside Luna she said, "Alright then what do you have to say?"

"Luna, I- I love you, Luna."he said.

She couldn't believe her ears. Did Ronald Weasley just say he loved me? She thought

"What did you just say?" she asked.

"I said I love you Luna." he answered.

"What do you mean you-" she started, but at that moment Ron kissed her on the lips.

Her soft lips felt sweet on his. She put her arms around his neck and he deepened th kiss. It felt like an eternity to her. She hoped it would never end, but they were running out of air.

When she pulled away , they were both gasping for air.

"That's what I mean." he said. " Luna I love and I always will. From now on I will do anything for you."

"Ronald, I don't know what to say." said Luna.

"Say that you love me too."he said

"I love you too , Ronald." she said and kissed him again.

*********************************************

The next day was Ron's last day at Hogwarts.

"Promise you'll write?" said Ron as they were getting off the Hogwarts Express.

"I promise. Anyways I'm going to visit you and Ginny at the Burrow this summer for two months, while father's off for business. He has to go and visit certain people for The Quibbler." she replied.

"I know, but that's in a month, and I'm going to miss you a lot." he said.

"I know, but I'll write you every day." Luna said.

Ron kissed Luna on the lips.

"Bye, Luna" he said, hugging her and kissing her on the top of the head.

"Bye, Ronald." she said.

*********************************************

A month later, Luna went to visit The Burrow.

It was truly one the best two months of her life. Harry and Hermione were there most of the time, as was Neville, who had become Ginny's boyfriend at the ball.

After the two months passed Ginny and Luna were going back to Hogwarts for their last year . Ron and Neville took them to the station.

"Don't be getting another boyfriend, alright?" Ron told her.

"Of course I won't get another boyfriend. My heart belongs to you, Ronald." she replied.

"Alright then let's go, Luna" said Ginny after saying her goodbyes to Neville.

"Can you wait in the train for her Gin?" said Ron.

"Sure."

"Well, I have to go on the train, now." said Luna.

"Alright then, write to me every day. I love you." he said.

"I love you too." she said.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" he said reaching into his pocket.

"Forgot what?" she asked

"I almost forgot to give you this." he handed her a beautiful pink sapphire ring.

"Ronald, it's beautiful!" she exclaimed.

"I saw the ring, and I thought it would go great with the necklace and earrings you wore to the ball." he said.

"Oh, Ronald I love it! Thank you so much!" she said.

She kissed him and they said goodbye.

"I'll write to you every day!" she said out the window.

"Me too" he said back.

*********************************************

The war began about a month after their N.E.W.Ts, since they had them early that year. The school closed for the year, and Luna and Ginny went to fight with Harry, Hermione, and of course Ron.

During the war, Ron and Luna rarely saw each other. Three years after the war started, Harry finally defeated Lord Voldemort. During the war Ginny and Neville got married, and a month after the war Harry and Hermione got married, and about two months later, Hermione got pregnant.

About three months after the war, Ron proposed to Luna.

He took her to a fancy muggle restaurant, and then he took her to a lake.

While they were on the boat he got down on one knee.

"What are you doing?" Luna asked.

"Luna, will you marry me?" he asked.

"Of course I'll marry you!" said Luna, with tears in her eyes.

She hugged him and kissed him for what seemed for an eternity.

He gave her a beautiful, diamond ring with a pink, heart shaped sapphires on each side of the diamond.

Which brings us back to where we started. With Luna Lovegood reminicsing about how she met her soon-to-be husband.

The wedding will be tomorrow, and hopefully they will live happily ever after.

fine. (The End)