Unofficial Portkey Archive

Study Break by madscientist
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Study Break

madscientist

Study Break
A/N: This is set in Harry Potter and the Lions of Gryffindor, with that alternate timeline http://fanfiction.portkey.org/story/3914 It really is more or less PWP, but does explain one plot point that more than a few asked about...so here we go... This fic also has only telepathy, they don't speak out loud for the whole thing. We've pretty well established that I own nothing really. Thanks to Lady Starlight for her work on this ficlet.

NC17, of course, what would be point otherwise?

*******************Hogwarts Library***************************

March 13, 2006
10:25 pm

Hermione Granger slipped into the almost dark library and immediately spun to the side as a large pile of books flashed past on their way to re-shelve themselves. She looked around and nodded as she found a single, muted light came from somewhere in the back of the large room, barely visible from the front of the Library. She closed the door behind her and relocked it with a wave of her hand, as the Library had closed a half hour ago, at least to most students.

Not to me, however, she thought idly, as she passed through the stacks, moving unerringly towards the furthest back corner table. She stopped as she came around the last shelf, glancing over automatically towards the entrance to the Restricted Section to her left and then towards a large, scarred oak table set in the furthest back corner. A single oil lamp burned on it, casting a soft, warm glow on the table and the surroundings.

She smiled slightly as she waited for something, unknown, and watched the single, exhausted form of the only other student that had unrestricted access to the Library, day or night, regardless of Madame Pince's wishes, slumber away. A mop of utterly untamed, deep black hair, so dark that the highlights glinted blue in the light of the lamp, covered the pages of a huge leather-bound tome. Several more stacks of books were spread about the table, interspersed with sheets of parchment, several quills and a battered leather pack.

Hermione slipped forward, as her fingers reached up, loosening the tie on her school uniform until the knot hung halfway down her torso. The top three buttons soon followed, letting her shirt fall open to reveal lightly tanned skin, courtesy of a handy charm that Lavender had taught her over the winter, and the lacy edge of a red satin bra. She stopped at the edge of the table, and stretched over the top, bending at the waist enough to let the bottom edge of her arse show under her much shorter than regulation skirt.

Hermione moved aside a pair of black, wire-rimmed frames, setting them to the side on the table. She let out a soft sigh as she gently brushed away dark fringe from a red scar in the shape of a lighting bolt marring a forehead that had been lined much too early. She smiled at the closed eyes of her boyfriend as his cheek lay against the pages, and his face, peaceful for once in slumber, faced hers. Slowly, so as not to wake him, too quickly, she traced his scar with her lips. Her hand came up and slowly ran through his hair as she slowly kissed down from his forehead, his eyelids, his nose, and then settling into an upside down kiss.

She let out a soft, sigh of contentment as she felt him respond, his mouth slipped open and tongues clashed happily. She pulled back, smiling as naked emerald orbs blinked open inches from her own and gently looked into her very soul, bypassing without a thought the many-layered defenses that guarded her mind. A feeling of security and warmth cradled her mind as his thoughts joined hers.

Hi.

She licked her lips slightly, causing him to groan. Miss me? she asked brightly as she rose up to lean over the table on her hands, the view not escaping Harry as he sat up and looked back into mischievously-twinkling, huge brown eyes.

Yes? he asked with more than a hint of hope in his voice. She smirked and slowly stalked around the edge of the table, the fingers of her right hand trailing along the contours of the tabletop lightly. She stopped next to him and hopped backwards up onto the table, crossing her legs and watching as his eyes panned up the length of exposed leg. She shifted slightly, causing the right side of her skirt to slide up even more and he swallowed heavily before his eyes came back up to meet hers.

She gripped the side of the table and bent forward at the waist. Good boy, she purred as she slowly turned her head to the right, and sighed as he leaned forward a couple of inches to meet her. She rolled her body back upright and swung her legs idly as she looked around the room. Hermione took a sharp breath and the smell of old leather and parchment filled her nose.

Harry carefully set down his favorite Eagle feather quill that he had fallen asleep with in his hand, as he watched her chocolate eyes become almost black. After all it was a gift from her. A flicker of blue fire started to light around the edges of her irises as her breathing quickened slightly. Have I ever told you how much I...like the Library? she breathed, her 'voice' a half octave deeper than normal.

I believe that it has come up in conversation, yes, Harry replied and Hermione giggled at the double entendre. She slid from the table, to straddle his lap, without seeming to cross the intervening distance, and slid her arms around his neck. He closed his eyes, groaning as she moved on his lap slightly. Twin, soft thumps came from behind him as she toed off her shoes. Harry leaned forward, and brushed aside the collar of her shirt with his nose as he started to slowly run his lips along her collarbone. Was there something you wanted to talk about, Mione? Hermione let loose a soft kittenish sound, her now fully glowing eyes slipping closed as she let her head fall to the side, opening up more skin. Mione? he laughed.

Wha...oh...she replied blinking her eyes rapidly, as they slowly faded back to brown, leaving only the very edges alight, Did you get that essay done for McGonagall?

Yes, love, Harry replied, and nipped her neck slightly, causing her to jump. Hermione took a deep breath as his hands slowly slipped down from her hips to the hem of her skirt, and slowly slid under the fabric, moving up until they rested on the warm skin of her hips. She let her head fall forward, dropping to his shoulder. Small hands slipped in between them and short nails lightly scratched his chest as she started to unbutton his shirt, pausing after three as she fell into his thoughts for an instant, letting herself drift. She came back to herself as she felt happy fingers start to slowly pull on the ties of the scrap of fabric she was calling knickers, chosen for their ease of removal as much as anything. What are you doing?

Better question...she kissed him, letting her mouth fall open at his hint. She pulled away after a moment, grabbing his bottom lip with hers, before letting go, is what are you doing? she finished as the knots on each side came loose. She rose slightly, automatically, as a bit of red silk fell to the floor in her peripheral vision, before settling back down in his lap. Her eyes looked up through long lashes as she moved, causing Harry's breath to hitch.

I think you know, Harry replied as his fingers returned to sight and slowly, pausing with each button to kiss her, finished the job she had started when she walked in the room. He reached up and slid the shirt off her shoulders, watching as it fluttered to the floor like a ghost. She laughed softly and moved a touch more, causing both of their eyes to light fully as Harry moaned, his discomfort only increased as she reached down and brushed her knuckles along the front of his jeans.

That hurt? she asked, her bottom lip half in her teeth. Harry just nodded, Would you like me to kiss it and make it all better? He nodded faster and she giggled, before nodding and sliding off his lap to the floor. She pushed his knees apart, kneeling between them and bent her neck, nuzzling the front of his jeans. Harry shook slightly as she repeated the gesture along with a soft, hungry sound as she smelled herself on him. He looked down at her pleadingly after a moment, Oh...you meant without the jeans in the way? Hermione smirked at his expression and reached up, carefully untabbing and unzipping his jeans, very, very careful not to catch something in the zipper.

Hermione giggled softly, her eyes alight with delight as she peeled down his jeans, pulling his boxers along with them. She looked up, holding his gaze, watching him squint slightly to see her, and slowly licked a small drop from his dick. Harry groaned as she rolled her tongue into her mouth, and very obviously swallowed. She extended her tongue again, and ran it languidly up the length, varying the speed to see if she could get a different sound from him. Is it better yet? she asked, kissing the very end once more, feeling a spike of pure fire shoot to her own lions with the act.

Not...quite, Harry managed as Hermione muttered a spell under her breath, and slowly, took him in completely. Oh...Merlin... he moaned, as his eyes slid closed, and she started to move, bobbing her head up and down, sucking slightly on each up stroke. Harry groaned and tried to buck up from the chair, stopped only by Hermione holding him down with her arms. His hands came instead up to tangle in her hair, gently holding her in place as she continued to move, faster, and faster.

She groaned, feeling a warm sensation start to fill her belly, as she felt herself start to be pulled along with him. She reached up with one hand, pushing up under his shirt, which was still half buttoned and ghosted her hand along his stomach, feeling the muscles there start to fire randomly. Mione...I...

Harry never finished his thought as he bucked up, pulsing into her suddenly with a bare hint of warning. He shuddered in his seat as Hermione slumped slightly, her own nerves exploding as she came along for the ride, deep enough in their link to share in his release. She swallowed heavily, and licked her lips as she shakily slid back up into his lap and rested her cheek against his shoulder.

She slowly moved up, joining her lips to his. Harry groaned, as he tasted himself on her lips, and tongue. She purred in response, feeling him already reviving beneath her. Harry's hands came up, cradling her face as he deepened the kiss, pulling her to him more closely.

Hermione took a breath, panting slightly as she finally pulled back, and glanced towards the Library door as someone tried to rattle it open. Take that Filch, she whispered victoriously, and returned to Harry. With a crooked smile, she yanked down on the front of his shirt, tearing away the rest of his buttons and letting his shirt dangle open. Her nails scratched lightly down his chest as Harry toed his trainers off, and kicked away his boxers and jeans that were tangled around his ankles.

She kissed him, pushing in as she slid his shirt from his shoulders. She tossed it on top of hers, and concentrated for an instant. The shirts melded together, growing and changing to a low mattress next to the table, as she looked back at him and raised an eyebrow in invitation. She got up from his lap, pulling him back by the hand and to the mattress.

Hermione pushed him down on his back, straddling his stomach, as she looked down at him, and reached back, un-tabbing her bra and letting it slide to the floor next to the mattress. Hermione came up on her knees, letting Harry reach to the small of her back, and unzip her skirt. She rolled off to the side, slipping it off and tossing it away to land on the back of a library chair, before returning to sit astride his thighs.

Her eyes rolled up in the back of her head, as his hands reached up, running lightly alongside her sides, before they slid forward, lightly running in small circles around the tips of her breasts. Hermione sighed softly, letting her head loll back on her neck as she moved against him absently, rocking against his hips. She leaned forward; her eyes closed and kissed him, moaning quietly. She opened her eyes, arching her back to slowly roll upright. She reached back, smirking as Harry moved eagerly under her, trying to push into her hand. Not yet, Baby, Hermione whispered, kissing him quickly. We have all night.

What if Dumbledore or someone who can break that ward comes along? Harry replied, smirking as his hands slipped down, palms resting on her hips as his thumbs traced light circles on her abdomen.

Then they will get a hell of a show...Hermione whispered. She gasped, jerking slightly as he brushed the top of her folds. The soft glow from her eyes pulsed slightly, in time with her heartbeat.

She let out a loud squeak, as Harry rolled them over, gently setting her on her back. He looked down at her for a long, timeless moment, his breath catching at the sight of her laying spread out in front of him, her hair haloed on the mattress and a small, mischievous smile that only he ever saw on her lips. Merlin...I love you, he said reverently.

I know, she reached up, slowly trailing her fingers up and down his chest, but why don't you show me? Harry grunted slightly as he started to nuzzle her neck, biting the skin just lightly enough to almost bruise. Hermione squirmed, sighing loudly as he started to kiss down the column of her neck. She started to move, making soft, kittenish sounds as he slipped lower. Harry stopped to gently run his lips along a faint scar between her breasts, and then looked up, catching her eyes, to find her smiling reassuringly at him.

She gasped, arching back off the bed as he slid over, and started to nuzzle on her right as his hand slipped over, kneading her other. Should I share the spoils? he asked and Hermione nodded urgently, and arched, growling loudly as his tongue trailed fire along her skin to reach her left breast.

A soft, annoyed moan came from her lips as she felt him leave with one last flick of his tongue. Please, Harry, she whispered and then mewed, as his tongue flicked into her belly button, pausing on the way to tug gently on the ring decorating her navel, the only jewelry she wore except a heart-shaped locket around her neck. His tongue lightly traced the faint line of her abs all the way down, and stopped. He kissed just at the top of her mound causing her eyes to cross.

His lips slipped further down, sliding past her core to run along the inside of her thighs. Pausing there, and laughing as she reached down, pulling him to where she actually wanted him. Oh, Harry, she whispered almost reverently, groaning, and trying to arch into him. Her fingers tangled almost painfully in his hair as he slowly danced his tongue along her lower lips, even as his fingers worked about a foot and a half higher... She squeaked, her head flopping to the side as his fingers lightly traced lower, sliding over her hips. A finger slipped home, as his lips moved up slightly, followed by a second and started to move, teasing her.

One hand slipped down, grasping futilely at the sheet-less mattress, as her other squirmed here and there in his hair. Harry looked up at her, never pausing in his actions as he felt her groan, and growl, and for an instant he could swear her eyes looked cat-like, even through the now, bright glow that filled them. His eyes held hers for a long, long moments and he felt the barriers between them collapse. He moaned as her arousal filled his nerves, crashing along his veins until he almost came again, himself. Hermione started to shudder, her stomach muscles twitching slightly.

I love you, Mione, Harry whispered as he pulled his lips away. Her eyes widened, then abruptly slid almost totally closed as he moved up her body in a single, cat-quick, motion and pushed his lips to hers. She groaned, tasting herself on his lips. Harry smiled slightly, and slid home, sheathing himself totally within her, with one practiced move.

Hermione screamed against his lips as she came instantly, the sound captured as she bucked against him, her eyes completely closed as Harry kept kissing her. He panted slightly as he forced himself to remain completely still even as she clenched around him, and fought his own release. Her eyes slid partially open after a minute, and he started to move, reaching down to pull her legs up behind his hips.

Hermione languidly reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck, even as she locked her ankles behind his waist, and began to meet his every move. Around them, the single lamp blew out in an invisible wind, and small static charges began to flicker along the corners of the room. Hermione let her eyes slip closed again and her head loll back against the mattress as Harry's lips slid down to her neck, nuzzling even as she felt him start to tense up, felt the tightness at the base of his spine. She felt her senses snap out for an instant, sensing the whole floor, then the whole castle, every living thing in the ancient structure, then with a swirling rush collapse down on just them, two heartbeats among thousands that were racing along perfectly in time.

Moonlight spilling in from a tall window in the Restricted Section provided the only light now, save occasional visible flashes of magic as they sped along. Hermione pulled Harry's head back up to hers as she felt a sudden contraction, his lips touched hers and she exploded, fire racing out from her center and filling her being. A bare, half a heartbeat later, Harry groaned, whispering her name into her lips as he let ago. A loud extended crash swept around the room, drowning out Hermione's soft coos of contentment as she felt the warmth suddenly filling her center.

Her eyes slowly reopened, the glow fading from them as she took a breath, and held Harry's head to her shoulder as he let himself collapse on her. He absently kissed along her collarbone, tasting her sweat and skin. She smiled softly and let her fingers trail up and down his back, and her eyes widened as she found nail marks that she had given him and not realized it. Sorry, she muttered as he hissed slightly and she felt the sting in her own back. Harry just shrugged and kissed her. I love you, Harry.

Good, I'm glad someone does, he smiled and gently brushed dark, wet chestnut locks from her face. Hermione gave him a face of gentle reproof, and he just kissed her again, gaining a sparkling grin from the Head Girl. His eyes cut to each side and he chuckled, his laughter filling her mind. She purred contently as she felt his thoughts caress hers, and pulled him down more firmly on top of her. Think we should pick up? he asked as his eyes glanced around finding entire shelves of books tumbled from their proper places and all of his papers scattered about as if a tornado had come through.

It's Hogwarts, they take care of themselves...besides, her eyes darkened again, before they started to light once more, if we do, they'll just get knocked down again, seems a waste really. Hermione waggled her eyebrows and squeezed a still mostly hard part of his anatomy, feeling him fully spring back to life within her. With no apparent effort she rolled both of them other, rolling Harry onto his back while still remaining attached. Waste is just ghastly, don't you agree, Love?

Oh, most certainly, Harry agreed as he reached up to pull her head to his.


12:05 am

Harry slowly ran his fingers along Hermione's bare arm, his eyes following the path of his fingers as they slowly traced her slide, dipping down as they swept along the hollow of her waist. He let them stop on the side of her hip, before looking back up at her. Chocolate eyes sparkled as they watched him in the flickering light of the single oil lamp. Harry let his hands fall open and drop a touch to lightly cup her arse.

Do you want to go back to our suite? Harry asked, Someone might need to find us. Around them, books started to re-shelve themselves, again, knocked off by the side effects of their exertions. Hermione shook her head, moving closer to him, and pressing her front to his. She tucked her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes, inhaling deeply.

No...because if they do, it would be only... Hermione sighed and wormed her way even closer to him. A soft, contented purr started to slip from her lips as the hand that had been resting on her bum started to slip up and down her spine, sending small tingles of sensation to her core with each bump. Do you ever think about life after...

Yeah, sometimes...

What do you see? Hermione gnawed her lower lip worriedly. Harry bent his neck, kissing her absently, and tightened his arms.

You mostly...Harry replied and he felt Hermione smile against his shoulder. He just nodded, and went on in a contemplative tone, You, and a couple of sprogs hanging off your legs. I walk in the door, I'm with Ron, we've been out playing a pick-up game, and you are beat, you have some assignment, some report due that I was supposed to help you with and you have that, 'I love you...but I'm going to kill you glare'...

How is this supposed to be a good premonition, Harry? Hermione growled softly, a trace of humor underlying her words. She pushed her knee between his and kissed the skin of his shoulder, waiting.

Harry shrugged, I guess, it's because, it's you I see...you've got our kids with their mum's brains...and our incredibly buggered up hair, Hermione laughed softly, before closing her eyes, and yawning slightly, you?

Hermione swallowed, her breath warm against his skin, About the same really...a pair of green-eyed, black-haired sprogs, a little me and a little you...running around the house, getting into things, stealing your broom or wand and getting in trouble...

Harry laughed softly, Why are they stealing my stuff?

Because I'm the responsible one of course, and I don't let them, Hermione replied simply. We can get started on that, just as soon as its practical...she added quietly, and the hope in her eyes was almost too much for him.

Harry's hand slipped up her back and startled to play with her hair, his normal thinking prop if he were in arm's reach of her. I'm sorry, Mione, his tone was slightly bitter as he rolled on his back and started at the dark ceiling of the Library as if there were some answer there.

Hermione propped her head up on one elbow and silently watched him for a moment, Whatever for...she smirked; you were quite up to form, Baby.

Harry snorted, and then groaned. He reached up with his free hand, the one that she didn't have trapped, and ran it through his hair. You would have a ring by now, if it wasn't for my hang-ups...Hell...Luna does, half the damn graduating class does and...

Hermione frowned, realizing, as usual, where he was going with this, I will, Harry, she rolled over, squirming along the mattress until she was lying on top of him, looking at his gaze from only centimeters away, I know your heart, Love, I know, empirically, that I am the first thing you think of in the morning and the last at night and what keeps you distracted in class...I'm not Ginny, bothering Neville every day or two, asking when he's going to give her a ring...

She does, huh?

Why do you think I refuse to talk to her about anything dealing with boys anymore...Merlin, you would think by now that she would know that he's wrapped around her little finger...

Doesn't it bother you though, Mione...

She shook her head, and leaned forward, kissing him. She sighed quietly as she settled back down on top of him, If I'm thirty, and we have two or three sprogs and you still haven't proposed...I will be a touch miffed, but I know the real reason, Harry...you'll do fine.

I'm just afraid that I'll be just like the ones who raised me...

Oh, Harry, Hermione sighed, she smiled just slightly as she rested her cheek against his shoulder and kissed his neck, you are kindest person I know...They didn't raise you Harry, they only caged you...Dumbledore raised you, McGonagall, the Weasleys, Ron...this place...

You...

Hermione snorted, I suppose...The point is, this is your home, Harry...

No it's not, Hermione, Harry demurred, Hermione pulled back in confusion to look at him. He bent his face down; kissing her quickly, my home is wherever you are.

She froze for a long minute as tears welled in the corners of her eyes. She swallowed heavily. I always knew you were smart; she managed after a moment, biting her lip. Hermione made a vague gesture in the air, setting a ward to wake them long before Pince arrived in the morning. A second gesture conjured a warm quilt over both of them, and she snuggled down, Let's get some sleep, Harry.


Built by Text2Html