Unofficial Portkey Archive

Happy Birthday, Harry by H_HrFan
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Happy Birthday, Harry

H_HrFan

DISCLAIMER: It all belongs to JKR.

A/N: I've been on a writing hiatus for the past couple of months and I've hardly been able to put two words together, much less form a sentence. I am SLOWLY getting back into it. It's taking some time, but I'm trying.

The following is a challenge on one of the sites that I'm a part of. Hermione had to write Harry a letter for his birthday…they could be together or not and the word count was 500 or less.

I [kind] of like the way mine turned out so I thought I'd share it with the readers here at Portkey. This is probably a bit OOC for Hermione but I don't really care…it's a struggle to get back into writing and I have to go with what comes to me.

382 words.

I do hope you like it. Any mistakes are mine and mine alone.

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Harry,

I hate this. A simple `how are you?' doesn't seem to be enough anymore…not after what happened between us. I'm not sure I even need to ask, really, because I can feel it - I know exactly how you are - and it's tearing me up inside.

Every night when I lie down in my bed I close my eyes and the first thing that fills the darkness of my mind is the image of you coming closer…and closer. My pulse quickens just as it did that first time, not so long ago. A light sheen of sweat covers my body as my fingers glide up and down my stomach in a feather-light touch so reminiscent of yours.

My fingers caress my nipples and in my mind's eye I see your lips and the way they covered me that night. My back arches as my pressure increases with the image of your teeth nipping at my breasts. Sparks cascade through my body until they pool together at the apex of my thighs and an ethereal moan escapes me.

I feel like I'm floating and I miss the weight of your body holding me down. My fingers drift slowly from my breasts and down the planes of my stomach until they come to the place where only you have been. They make their way through the dark curls until they find the spot that makes me cry out your name in wild abandonment.

It's your fingers and your lips, teeth and tongue that drive me to the brink of madness. And when I find that I can't take anymore your name explodes from my lips in a silent scream as wave after wave of guileless pleasure courses through my body.

I am breathless and only partially satiated as my body collapses against the mattress and I open my eyes to find myself alone.

For now my memories are all I have. But soon - very soon, my love - we will be joined and together we will shake the world to its very core.

Happy birthday, Harry…my Harry. I miss you.

Very soon…

All my love,

Your Hermione

P.S. I hope you like your gift…I magicked the camera so don't worry - you're the only one who will ever see me in that particular state of…undress.


-->