Unofficial Portkey Archive

first kisses by ladylaughalot
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

first kisses

ladylaughalot

A/N ~ You'll have to forgive me for this one… Once again I'm starting something new before I've finished what I'm already working on… I blame Scout…. It's all her fault that this was written (sorry it took me so long and is so short Scout) …. I hope you enjoy my response to the complaint that there is not enough quality H/Hr snogging in fan-fiction at the moment. Let the kisses begin.

Disclaimer ~ Me? Own HP? Ummmm Nup… sorry…

The First Kiss ~ My most likely scenario

Ron had fallen, hit with a cruciatus curse from Bellatrix Lestrange. Hermione hit her with a well executed stupefy before it went on for too long. She was now unconscious bound and gagged, but it was too late for Ron. He was also unconscious a large purple lump already forming on his head, he needed medical attention and soon, but that created another problem. They were so close to the Ministers office where Voldemort had sequestered himself after taking the ministry by force. Harry could still hear the battle raging downstairs as the remains of the Order of the Phoenix, and anyone else who could be rustled up, fought the death eaters for control. Harry, Ron and Hermione had been expecting this for some time and had planned accordingly. Up until the moment when Ron had cracked his scull in the throws of the cruciatius curse it had all been going according to plan. They had planned on being there at the end together, they had planned to take down Voldemort together but now all the plans had to change.

`What do we do now?' Hermione moaned checking Ron's pulse and placing a stasis spell on him.

`You'll have to go back Hermione, we can't leave him here like this.' Harry said, dread dropping like a lead weight into his stomach as he realised he would have to do this without Ron and Hermione.

`But Harry - you can't, we were supposed to do this together.' Her lip trembled

`I know, but Ron needs a healer and he can't get to one on his own.'

`I did a stasis spell, he doesn't need to get to the healer -` she began to object but Harry cut her off, `We can't leave him here alone and defenceless, what if someone finds him or we don't…' now Harry let his sentence trail off, they both knew it was a possibility that they wouldn't come back, that he might not come back, but he couldn't bring himself to say it.

Hermione's eyes welled with tears and Harry was irresistibly reminded of their first year when he'd left her to take care of Ron while he pushed on to rescue the philosopher's stone. He smiled at her, his first real smile in what felt like years,

`I was lucky once, wasn't I?' He asked pointing to his scar and trying to jog her memory. `I've been lucky more than once, I might get lucky again.'

Hermione's lip trembled and she suddenly dashed at Harry and threw her arms around him, he hugged her back just as fiercely.

`Hermione -` his words caught in his throat, he didn't know what to say.

`Harry - you're a great wizard you know.' She said leaning back to look at him.

He chuckled, amazed even as he did that he could find anything to laugh about now, `I still say I'm not as good as you,'

Hermione smiled, `Me… books and cleverness.' she tightened her arms around him, `There are more important things.'

Harry smiled down at the witch in his arms, the girl he'd been friends with for so many years, `I know, friendship and bravery right.'

Hermione looked down and mumbled something that Harry couldn't hear. He tipped her chin up with one finger.

`Did I get it wrong?' He asked confused, `I was sure that was what you said.'

`It was - I just, I never finished what I wanted to say to you then… and, as silly as it seems I still haven't told you.'

`What did you want to say?' He asked really perplexed now.

She looked at him, her eyes luminous in the darkness, `Do you really not know Harry? What the most important thing is?' She asked her eyes now seemed to be pleading with him.

`I remember now you said friendship and bravery and, oh Harry, be careful'

`I was going to say friendship and bravery and love'

`and love?' he asked feeling stunned by the revelation.

She pillowed her face into his chest, `Oh Harry, I know you don't feel the same way about me, except maybe in a sisterly kind of way, but I love you. I always have.'

`Hermione, I - ` he began, but she cut him off.

`You don't have to say anything but please Harry, please come back to me.' She begged looking up at him again, tears now streaming freely down her face

`I will, I promise.' He said.

`You can't promise that.' She said tearfully.

`I'll do everything I can.'

`I know you will Harry, it's that friendship and bravery again.' She said now smiling through her tears.

`No, it's love.' He replied softly wiping away her tears

`Don't Harry…' She pleaded softly staring at him a small flicker of hope flaring in her eyes.

He stared down at her lips and dipped his head to kiss her, intending for it to only be the briefest of kisses. Touching her lips with his he found he couldn't back away. His lips moved over hers, they parted beneath his gentle pressure and the feel of her tongue against his sent off sparks in his brain. He broke the kiss and pulled her closer up against his chest.

`You'll need to go first Hermione,' he whispered into her hair, `I can't walk away from you.'

`But -` she began to protest.

`Please,' he pleaded releasing her suddenly, `You have to be strong,'

She nodded and flicked her wand at Ron so that he levitated beside her. She turned to look at him, he wanted to say something but he didn't know what.

`Ok, I'll see you after.' He said finally, somewhat lamely.

`I know.'


-->