Unofficial Portkey Archive

Secrets Revealed by cornishpixie
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Secrets Revealed

cornishpixie

I had difficulty uploading Chapter 2 in its entirety, so here is the rest of it. It is much shorter than what was previously published, but I wanted to get the whole chapter up at once. I apologize for any confusion.

Delving Deeper (continued)

Platform nine and three quarters was a hotbed of activity. Arianna could not believe the number of people shoved into so small a place. She looked in every direction, trying to get acclimated to her surroundings. Then she saw it - the sea of red, blond, and brown that meant her family was there. Having her brother and all her cousins at school with her was such a comfort. She knew she wouldn't be alone, but she also knew she had to pull her brother aside for a private conversation as soon as possible. Arianna looked again at her family and began doing a mental checklist to see if everyone was there. Mum and Dad were talking to Uncle Bill, Aunt Fleur, Uncle Charlie, and Aunt Althea. Then surrounding them were four redheads and two blonds. Next she saw Uncle Percy and Aunt Penelope and three more redheads, then all the many sets of twins (some of which Damon was talking to). Finally, she saw Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione. Arianna really loved her family, partially for just the sheer number of them. As Arianna moved towards her parents, she saw two blackheads and a blonde walk up to and embrace her Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione. Arianna had no idea who the people were that were talking to her Aunt and Uncle. Then the taller of the two black-haired men turned around and Arianna could not believe her eyes - it was the man from her dream! He was older but it was definitely him.

Arianna changed course and headed towards Damon. She needed to talk to him right now. "Damon," she semi-yelled at him as she pulled on his sleeve. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Hang on Ari, Dave was in the middle of a great joke. Can't it wait until…" Damon broke off as he turned and saw the look in his sister's eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I just really need to talk to you privately. It's very important," she pleaded as her eyes diverted over to the dark-haired man again.

Upon seeing where his sister's eyes looked, Damon started moving her to someplace they could talk. "I see you have spotted the great Harry Potter," he spat as soon as they were out of earshot of everyone else.

"That's Har…Wait just a second. He was in a dream I had-"

"Come on you two let's get you on the train before it leaves," Draco unknowingly interrupted his daughter. "Are you two alright? You look as though you've seen a ghost or something."

"Now why would a ghost scare us, Dad. There are tons of them at school and everywhere else," Damon quickly recovered from the shock of having his father interrupt the important conversation he was having.

"Good point. Well let's go say good-bye to your Mum. I want her to get the crying over and done with as soon as possible."

Arianna and Damon followed their father, and soon all thought of Harry Potter was gone as they hugged and kissed all their relatives good-bye. Damon, Arianna, and the rest of the group boarded the train, found compartments together, and waved to their parents out of the window.

"Well you did it. You let her go," Ginny murmured to Draco as she snuggled into his side.

"I know. The house is going to be really quiet now. How long until Christmas?"

"Honestly Draco. Relax. It will all be okay. She has Damon to protect her."

"I know Gin, but… Oh never mind," Draco said as he looked down into his beautiful wife's brown eyes. Just then a thought occurred to him and he gave her a roguish smile. "What do you say we go home and use the quiet, empty house to our advantage?"

"Why, Mr. Malfoy, I never," Ginny tried acting appalled as she blushed slightly.

"No, my dear, you haven't, but you will shortly."

With a pop they were gone to enjoy their new found freedom.


-->