Unofficial Portkey Archive

James Potter Must Die by madhu893
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

James Potter Must Die

madhu893

James Potter Must Die

Intro: I had only JUST thought of it…a week after seeing "John Tucker Must Die" that it is a lot like an AU of Lily/James…isn't it? Well enough with the boring intro and more about the story

Summary: What do you do with a player whom guys worship and girls throw themselves at when three most popular girls find out he's cheating on them? Get even. Based on the movie "John Tucker Must Die". Seventh Year.

WORDS: 2198 words

Lily Evans felt out of place from day one at Hogwarts. Muggleborn? Yes. Red Hair? Yes. A certain knack to want to read every book in the library and be the best she can be in this new magical world? Yes. Did she stand out to any of the guys? No. Not once had she been on a date or been ASKED on a date. Believe me, it wasn't her looks that kept them away. She was a hermit and that's how she liked it. She wanted and enjoyed being invisible because that way nobody bothered her in the dorms and she got in more studying to be at the top of her year.

Does it sound sad? Yes. Now you're probably wondering if she doesn't have any friends…she does. She has one good friend who is almost exactly her opposite. She's a seventh year Hufflepuff named Renee who all the boys lust after except for the smart ones who know they won't get anywhere. So basically, Renee goes out with jerks who give her attention. Lily doesn't know why Renee does it. How did they become friends? Lily saw Renee wobbling around in the corridor, completely wasted one night and did a sobering charm on her. Renee thanked her with friendship.

But this story isn't about Lily or Renee. It's about James Potter. The Quidditch superstar, the hearth throb, the one man every girl wants and eventually will get because he's not picky. Pureblood and, according to the whole school, always single because he's not allowed to have any distractions from school. So, why is he a player and cheater? Simple, he dates girls from different houses or cliques or even years. He's had his fair share of girls but his three favorite have to be…well we'll get to them in a few minutes.

"The Sky must be falling because Madame Pomfrey just offered for me to help her around in the hospital wing because Professor Slughorn suggested it. You know…because of my potions scores," Lily giggled and bit her lip as she carefully slipped the rhinestone toad into a cocoon made of dried bamboo leaves for Herbology homework.

"Oh that's wonderful, but why would you be excited to work? Lil, you're a fairly pretty girl with a little bit of sprucing and makeup. You could be dating or just hanging out for no reason. You could have a life," Renee sympathized and then went back to charming her nails different colors to see what would match best. The two girls were sitting in the courtyard as James Potter, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew walked by, smirking at Renee and not even noticing Lily was there.

"Did you SEE that? You're invisible to all but me!" Renee stopped the nail changing and looked at her with her big, grey eyes.

Lily looked bored until she got an idea and popped over to Renee. "So, if I agree to talk to more people, will you volunteer at the Hospital Wing with me?"

"Lils…" Renee looked regretful but then Lily did it. She made the pouty face and ever added a little whimper. Renee couldn't say no to those big green tennis balls and caved.

---

"GIRLS, GIRLS! Put the organ healing potions in one pile and the outer body healing potions in another! It's THAT simple," Madame Pomfrey fussed and then reached a hand to her forehead as she buried her face in her hands and sighed.

Lily furrowed her brow and then asked, "What if it heals the skin?" Then, James Potter entered with one of his trophy girls, Carrie Ishiguro. Carrie was one of the smartest girls in sixth year Ravenclaws. She had straight, silky, long, jet black hair and a curvy petite figure. Every boy would watch as she walked by with her hair swishing around. She was the head of the Bedazzling Book Club at the library and she maintains the record of 107 trophies in the trophy room. She's never had a detention before so that makes it 108 trophies. James Potter had her arm slung over his shoulders and she was limping on one foot.

"Madame! Carrie here cut her thigh when she was dealing with sharpening sharks in Care of Magical Creatures," James was cut off as she groaned when he accidentally brushed up against the scratch that was barely there. Lily scoffed. James gave her googly eyes as if she split her thigh open.

"Lily! Go fetch some towels for the blood and a bottle of water for Mister Potter," Madame Pomfrey blushed as James gave her a famous smile. Lily rolled her eyes and found Renee in the back room.

"This is rich! She had to scratch her THIGH not her ELBOW. And now I'm getting water for someone who's not even hurt!" Lily conjured up some water and Renee looked like she was going to cry.

"Lily, he is the lowest," Renee angrily threw some towels to Lily.

"Oh, don't tell me you don't worship him."

"He tells every girl he goes out with that he can't date during school and that's how he keeps from all of them that he's cheating on them," Renee "tsked" and shook her head at him. "That Bastard"

Lily's eyes widened but when Madame Pomfrey called her, she had to come out. Carrie's skirt was raised so that Madame could treat the wound and James was stroking her arm to distract her from the pain. "Oh, you've got to be KIDDING me." Lily thought.

---

Lily does a lot of odd jobs around the castle for Prefect duty and if Renee has nothing better to do, she tags along. But Renee had a date, and who wouldn't on Friday night, so she couldn't help Lily clean out the Bulletin Board for the Gryffindor Common Room. It was about 8 and Lily was taking down a flyer welcoming the new first years when James Potter and Heather Wiles entered arm in arm and laughing.

"You know, you're the best Quidditch player on the team," James flashed that smile again. Then they went into a deep kiss on the couch. Lily stuck out her tongue in disgust and fixed the board some more.

Heather Wiles. Heather was the Quidditch Captain for the Gryffindor Team. She wasn't better than James so her title will change after Winter Break, everyone knows. So she really needs to step up her game. But she's the Captain and every jock lusts after her and every girl is envious of her. Seems like her and James are destined to be together, right? She's considered the most beautiful girl in the school but that's yet to be decided.

---

Herbology was always the class Lily liked the least. She wasn't worst at it, but it's difficult to pay attention to something that is so boring. So, she found that her eyes often wandered. When she was on her way there, she caught James Potter with Beth Bursk, Hufflepuff sweetheart. Tree hugger? Yes. She's a vegan who a magical hippie and loves nature. She hangs out with more people who don't like the cruelty to animals and they eventually made a club. A lot of people call her a slut but they secretly just want to be with her because she does a lot of yoga and eats right you can only imagine what she looks like.

"Aw, you don't have to cut class today with me. I'm just saying that cutting the ends of the tea possums and planting them could hurt them. Professor Sprout has always had good lessons but I think I'll have to pass. You don't have to though, you'll get in trouble," Beth smiled. Lily found herself scoffing again and walking along with her bag.

---

Later that night in the hallway, Lily saw Renee.

"Renee! Renee!" Lily shouted and waved her arms to get her attention. "James Potter has three girls. THREE."

"You're joking," Renee looked in shock but then shrugged. "Well, I figured as much, he's always been like that."

Lily narrowed her eyes and thought back to fourth year when she thought she saw Renee and Potter sharing an ice cream at the Three Broomsticks. It could've been someone else.

"So, what should we do?" Lily asked.

Renee licked her lips. "Who said we had to do anything?" She put her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow.

---

The next day, it was a quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Now before I tell you the story, you must realize how the three girls MAGICALLY met each other. As you know, Heather is on the Gryffindor quidditch team. Beth's best friend is the captain of the Huffepuff team so they were both arguing after the match. Carrie is the announcer.

"That foul you called on us was bogus. We did NOTHING wrong," Heather hissed and put her hands on her hip. Beth was behind her friend, crossing her arms. Carrie appeared, laughing with her friend and then Heather stopped her.

"YOU! You announced the foul without waiting for some negotiation!" Heather grabbed Carries shoulder to turn her around. Carrie scowled.

"What are you saying? We were all sitting there for 10 minutes while you two yelled at each other in mid-air, you had plenty of time!" Carrie was about to leave when Beth's friend said something.

"We were warming up. The real negotiating was about to start, but that's fine. They fouled and you could see it, too, right?" But then Madame Hooch called her over and Beth was left there arguing with Heather. Carrie left and started talking with her friend. Lily was heading over to Carrie to ask what the score was because she missed the match when she realized those three girls were talking and knew something would go wrong. Everyone was clearing the pitch so the only people there were the Professors and staff.

"So, why didn't you come to the Ravenclaw party after the quidditch match against Slytherin?" Said Carries blonde friend.

"Well, it's on the down low but I was on a date with James Potter!" Carrie whispered and then squealed. But it was too late, Heather had heard. She grabbed a quaffle and threw it at Carrie's head. Carrie screamed in pain and gave her a glare.

"I AM DATING JAMES POTTER!" Heather shouted. The teachers were watching but nobody wanted to deal with it so pretty soon only Madame Hooch was left.

Heather and Carrie got in a brawl, pulling each other's hair while Lily, Carrie's friend, Beth, her friend and Madame Hooch watched. Beth rushed over to them.

"Come on girls, peace and looove!" She tried pushing them apart but they went on screaming.

"James Potter is MINE so don't even think of it, Miss Priss," Heather shouted as she slapped Carrie. Beth finally pushed them apart and then glared at Heather. She threw the quaffle at Heather then but Heather, being a chaser, caught it swiftly.

"What the hell is YOUR problem?" Heather looked confused now.

"I am dating James Potter!" Beth shouted and then she joined the all girl smackdown. It was havoc with the Madame Hooch at the bottom of the pile of girls and the quaffle hitting Lily. Carrie's friend and Beth's friend just left the scene to spread around the school what was going on. Lily finally found Madame Hooch's whistle and blew hard. Everyone stopped and looked at her.

"A guy is cheating on all three of you and you're beating the shit out of each OTHER?" Lily shouted and looked at all of them disbelievingly. She was so fired up that she didn't pay attention to the foul language.

"MISS EVANS! That language is not allowed. DETENTION! ALL OF YOU!" Madame Hooch yelled on the top of her lungs and stood up. Lily left in a huff.

"Who IS that?" Beth asked after getting up and brushing off.

"I don't know…" Heather said as she stocked into the changing rooms.

ENDING SPOILER AFTER THIS POINT SO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE DON'T READ!

A/N I hope you like it! I'll continue even if it doesn't get a positive outcome just because I love this story. I must warn you though that at the end I won't have it that James and Lily don't get together because they're supposed to. Or should I have it like that? I DID say it was AU? Oh and Remus Lupin will be playing the brother of John Tucker, or in this case the good friend. Okay so do you think I should make it NOT AU and follow the books or COMPLETELY correlate with the movie?


-->