Unofficial Portkey Archive

Guardians and Gatekeepers by wolvesorrow
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Guardians and Gatekeepers

wolvesorrow

Please note that this chapter has not been beta read and that is the only reason why I haven't posted in a while. Also, I keep getting reviews about Harry's (Darien's) past. Would you rather read about it as interludes in this story or just make a whole new one altogether?

***

As Hermione sat tiredly in her bed that night, she couldn't help but reflect on all of the shite that had hit the proverbial fan earlier that day. Glancing over, she noticed that neither Parvati nor Lavender had returned from the care of Madame Pomfrey but Cody was sleeping as heavy as all hell. Truthfully, the younger girl stayed in a constant state of half consciousness while she slept. It only made sense when her brother's girlfriend and her brother's best friend's girlfriend were only five feet away. If anyone entered within three feet of her surrounding space, they'd find themselves at the business end of a wand two seconds before they were stunned. Hermione herself was a light sleeper but since her and Cody's beds were a foot apart, if either idiotic girl tried anything, they'd still be stunned in a heartbeat.

"Hey, Cody," called Hermione cautiously as she propped herself upon her pillow. Predictably, the girl's eyes popped open instantly and focused on her.

"What's up?" she asked as a yawn escaped from her. A moment later Cody nodded and tried to keep the second yawn in. "What's on yer bloody mind to bloody well wake me up so bloody early in the bloody mornin'?"

"Four bloody's in one sentence. I'm impressed." The younger girl smirked cheekily, sat up, and took a dramatic bow.

"I know. I've been practicing. But seriously, what's on yer mind?" Hermione sighed deeply, clasping the sheets tightly in her hands to keep them from wringing themselves.

"It's the four transfer students." Cody snapped to attention.

"Yeah, but I'm more worried about us really."

"How so?" She shrugged helplessly.

"We were seen all day with them and now with what they did in DADA…that was so wicked. I've got to get a pensieve to put that memory in. How Darien just demolished that fag of a git was beautiful…"

***


FLASHBACK

Hermione had watched with a slightly dropped jaw as Damien demolished what was widely considered the best fifth-year female dueler in Gryffindor. It didn't matter that she and Cody could defeat her just as easily, although nowhere near as fast.

She could tell, for some reason, that Damien's fight was less a duel and more like a blunt statement. `Don't mess with us. Try if you wish. I'm not responsible for the damage you will attain.' The girl had gone after Parvati with something to prove and prove it she did.

No Hogwarts witch or wizard was ready for them. Not really.

"She's not even really trying," noted Neville with a grin. "You can tell just from the way she's moving. This is child's play for her."

"I have just received a whole new respect for that girl," mumbled the female Potter as she watched the short fight avidly.

Hermione kept the smirk off her face. Despite popular belief, the House of Potter wasn't as united as it seemed. Cody had once told her that things went straight to hell after her older brother Harry disappeared when she was six and he was seven. She had remarked once that whenever they would play together, one of the adults in their lives would pull her from her favorite sibling, claiming that he was a bad influence, and instead put Jonathan in his place. She hadn't liked Johnny the moment he first held her and she still didn't six years later. She didn't believe a lick of what the adults said about Harry, and the situation deteriorated rapidly once they stopped searching for him after only two weeks. It was obvious that they didn't care about the lesser-known male Potter heir.

The fight was finished brutally, and Hermione had to admire the entirely muggle way Damien had brought down the pureblood bitch. The evil smirk on her face didn't disappear as she left Parvati on the ground, looking utterly satisfied with herself. She leveled that look at the class as she sat down, raising an eyebrow elegantly when Lavender called her a cocky bitch.

"There is a fine line between cocky and just plain confident. If anyone is a cocky bitch, then that would be the sniveling little weakling curled up on the floor. Don't hate me just cuz I'm better than you." Hermione could tell out the corner of her eye that Cody was fighting very hard not to laugh and she had to admit, she was fighting it too. Getting front row seats to someone taking down one of their biggest aggressors wasn't an opportunity that came often, if at all. There was just no rattling this girl. She seemed utterly unflappable. That is until Professor Potter made that comment about the extra beds in the infirmary being for them. The dark looks and smirks on the quartet simply became more pronounced. She was not surprised when her professor worked harder to rile them up, fumbling with their names and acting just like his son. The greedy look on Darion's face as he stared down Ron almost made her feel sorry for the boy.

Almost.

"Ooh, he's gunna get it bad," said Neville, slapping Cody's outstretched hand with a grin.

"How broken do you think they'll be?" she asked idly.

"Whoever's facing Darius isn't going to be half as bad off as whoever's got Darion," replied Hermione. "He looks ready to cause some real pain."

This fight was almost twice as brutal in half the time. Darius looked like he was dancing as he expertly used his blue whip to take care of Nott. Ron's defeat was much more satisfying though. He had liked to boast often that no one could beat him in a muggle style fight except his brothers.

"Damn, those words must have been hard to swallow," commented Neville casually. Both girls nodded.

"Looks like you were right, as usual Hermione." She nodded her head in acknowledgement. But like everyone else, they were waiting for Darien's fight. The entire time his friends were taking down the others, he just sat there, staring at his desk blankly. They all watched him closely as he slowly stood, his body language screaming tightly leashed power just begging to be released. She noticed how the other two seemed to give way as he passed, going as far as bowing their heads to him until he was completely in past. Unlike the others, he didn't call out a weapon, just glared down Potter.

"This is gonna be good…" murmured Cody, leaning forward in anticipation. No one was that surprised when Jonathan cracked first, but were just as stunned when his spell got deflected with a simple wave of Darien's hand.

"How the bloody hell did he do that?" said Neville in shock. But the mystery of how he was doing it was blown away by the fact that he was doing it. They heard Damien as she murmured out, "Checkmate," when Jonathan attacked with the arrows. In the most stunning performance yet, the Potter heir, the Boy-Who-Didn't-Need-A-Hyphenated-Name-To-Match-His-Ego, was easily nailed to the stone wall, one arrow dangerously close to his pride and joy.

END FLASHBACK

***

"Did you hear all the rumors going around the school?" asked Cody.

"Kinda hard not to. Everywhere I went, `Did you hear about the fight?' `Wonder when the next one's gonna be?' `Potter got his ass whupped good!' Yada, yada, yada. It wasn't that shocking." She waved her hand dismissively.

"Still, I wonder how they summoned those weapons like they did, or how the hell Darien blocked all those spells!" Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Cody, darling, did you forget that they're all wearing gloves? It's probably enchanted to do that with low-level spells. And you know your brother isn't strong enough to use spells that might actually cause someone harm." The girl smacked herself in the head for that one.

"I shoulda thought of that. Wonder what's gonna happen now? Or what Jonathan's revenge is gonna be? You know he'd never take something like today without some payback."

"Yeah, and that's what worries me…"

***

"That was utterly satisfying!" shouted Damien, waving her hand about the room, nodding at the others when she was finished. "We're clean."

"The nerve of that old man," snarled Darion, pulling off his top. The others followed his lead, stripping off their tops as well. After spending nearly a decade together in various states of dress, and undress, modesty was thrown out the window a long time ago.

":At least we can relax these damn charms. I've missed my face in all its scared glory.:" As Darius waved his hand over his body, his form shimmered as the glamour charms were turned off, revealing all the scars that crisscrossed his body.

Like the others, he had a paw print basically ripped into his left shoulder with four slashes underneath it. Marks that could have only been made with a whip covered his torso and back. Here are there were discolored bits of flesh, and cuts that probably came from a sword going diagonally and horizontally, mostly staring from his left shoulder going down to the right side.

"Ah, that was a good fight," commented Damien, looking at the new mark on her face. Like expected, it had scarred nicely, blending in with the other ones. Her arms were much more cut than any of the others, along with her ungloved hands. They were all marked in the same ways, discolored patches, slashes, cuts, and the like. Darien ruefully rubbed at his side.

"You got me good that time Darion. Son of a bitch still hurts a bit," he said with a grin. Darion grinned right back at him.

"Oh and what about this one?" He pointed to a thin dark mark on his back. Darien shrugged easily.

"You learned how to turn around that day didn't you?" Darion, of course, took offense to that and would have charged the other had Damien not stepped between the pair, taking her glasses off as she did.

Despite the bright light in the room, she seemed to be in little discomfort, only breathing in deeply once, and closing her eyes. When they opened the glowing redness of them disappeared, showing off her beautiful dark red orbs that she turned to each boy in turn.

"Shower gentlemen?" she asked and without waiting for a reply, grabbed them both by the ear and pulled them towards the bathroom, Darius' chuckling ringing through the room.

***

Hermione and Cody both stalked down the cold corridor cautiously, knowing though that fifth years they were, curfew had long since passed for every one except the prefects that had patrol. Neither one of them made prefect of course, it went to Parvati and Jonathan. The pair often used the time that should have been spent patrolling in the many broom closets and empty classrooms of Hogwarts.

They had been walking down the corridor for nearly a half-hour, trying to find the only other portrait besides the Fat Lady. Just before they were about to give up, they suddenly reached the end, facing a picture of a Japanese man resplendent in classic samurai armor, a katana firmly in his hand. The background was a simple hill, covered with blood, and completely littered with mangled bodies. All over the man too was blood. His beady black eyes glared down at them as he gripped his weapon tighter, almost as if he ached to attack them and add their blood to his picture.

"What do you want?" they heard him shout but noticed that his lips didn't form the right syllables in time with what reached them. Hermione paused for a moment, trying to figure out why that was.

"Probably a charm, get on with it girl!" cried Cody irritably, getting annoyed with the way Watanabe kept staring at her. And all that destruction in the background was making her nauseous. Hermione sucked in a deep breath and let it go. A long time ago, she had read a book of Japanese customs when she was bored and hoped that she still remembered the proper etiquette. She bowed to him, making sure to go lower than he could. When she straightened, she could see the slight approval in his eyes and took note that he relaxed his grip ever so subtly.

"Lord Watanabe-sama, we wish to warn the ones within," she said to him, hoping he understood. The fierce crease of his brow lessened slightly and his glare upon them eased up. Apparently, that was the right thing to say.

"Warning the young masters you say? Of what?"

"There are those that wish to harm them and so great are the possibilities that it would be best to speak with one of them in person." Watanabe considered that for a moment before nodding.

"Wait a moment." With that, he disappeared off to the side of his portrait.

"What the hell?" questioned Cody, not knowing of a guardian that could leave his or her frame without permission or a replacement.

***

"/Young masters! Young masters!/" cried Watanabe, appearing in the mirror of the room. Unlike in his guardian portrait, now he appeared as the young lord he used to be with slicked back brown hair, bright blue eyes, and a ceremonial maroon kimono. The man who had created the portrait had been furious at how Watanabe had once decimated a village full of women and children and cursed him to forever be insane and be drenched with their innocent blood for his heinous act. However, what the man didn't know was that the village in question had been ravaged with a plague and the longer the victims stayed alive, the more pain they would have to endure. So in an act of mercy, he had them all put to death, not only to release them but also to make sure the disease stopped there. Luckily, the quartets' parents had found him, restored his sanity, and gave him a new place to disappear to whenever he got tired of his original home for they knew the truth of why he killed all those people. He had served as a guardian for the children ever since.

Heated words floated from the bathroom and Damien stepped out, dripping wet with only a towel around her waist and her arms crossed over her rather developed chest. Instead of dark red, her eyes glowed a vivid red from one side to the other. This was the reason why she always wore her glasses; every time she got annoyed or angry, her eyes would glow red. And quite frankly, that was a little creepy for most people to swallow.

"/Nani Kise? We are kinda busy,/" she replied with a raised eyebrow, eyes glaring into him. He had the proper amount of sense to look ashamed after he bowed low to her. She inclined her head in response, being of higher rank than he.

"/Two young ladies, one with red hair and the other with bushy brown have come to give you all a warning. I thought it best if you answered them yourselves rather than me deliver a message as I was warned that it might be too big for me to remember it all. I am sorry if I was wrong in my assumption but I did not feel a false truth in her words,/" he said forlornly. Damien sighed deeply, a hand mussing her hair absentmindedly as she thought.

There really was no way for her to be mad at him, at least for long. He had done all in his power to keep them safe since he was first offered to, and took pleasure in doing the act. He was very intelligent with a very selective memory of his experiences so he often regaled them with his tales of old. However, if you tell him five plus five equals ten and come back fifteen minutes later and ask him what five plus five equals, you can be guaranteed that he's going to forget. All in all, he was a favorite uncle who just so happened to be stuck in a portrait.

"/No Kise, you did the right thing. Tell them to give me a second./" He gave her a smile, bowed, and disappeared.

***

"A master will be with you shortly," said he after he materialized in his picture and not a second later the whole thing was shifted to the side, revealing a still towel-clad Damien. She couldn't be made to care that she was basically naked in front of the two girls. She was missing her bath damn it!

Hermione and Cody's eyes widened as they stared at her in shock.

Even though she was fifteen, she wasn't that developed female wise. Her breasts were practically nonexistent; just mounds hardened muscle, much like the rest of her torso. To them her skin was perfectly tanned and flawless except for the slightly pink line on her face. They just didn't notice that she was under a glamour, even though since she hadn't had time to put it on properly, it shimmered lightly when she moved. Her fire hair looked completely drenched and was still dripping water as she ran a hand through her it, pushing it out of her face and causing it to stand up awkwardly. She crossed her arms and smirked at their dumbfounded expressions.

"What the hell do ya expect when ya interrupt meh shower?" she asked them bluntly with an eye roll. This snapped Hermione out of her shock and she glared at the girl.

"Have you no modesty?" she shrieked, her fists clenched tightly at her sides. Damien shrugged easily, stopping the motion quickly when the glamour shifted.

"`Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind'. Dr. Seuss, lovely man. Now what is it that you wanted?" Cody came out of her catatonic state and stared firmly into her glasses.

"We've come to warn you." Damien raised an eyebrow.

"Warn us? Warn us about what?" Her posture relaxed as she leaned into the doorway. Both girls hastened to keep their eyes on her face. They weren't interested in girls or anything like that but Damien had a very impressive body. One that anyone could admire.

"Potter and his gang. They're not going to take that embarrassment you handed them today that easily. And they're notorious for always getting pay back. That's the reason why they control Gryffindor like they do."

"Hmm…and why exactly are you telling me this?" Cody and Hermione shared a glance.

"Because…we don't like Potter anymore than you do," rationalized Hermione. Damien scoffed.

"And what makes you think we don't like Potter?" Cody rolled her eyes.

"Um…from what Hermione tells me, and Neville too, last night was a pretty good indication. This morning. During DADA. And that's not even including Charms!" Damien grinned in a distinctively feral way…

***


FLASHBACK

After the massacre that was the DADA `duel', the Gryffindors marched out to Charms, clamoring loudly, their `leader' still nursing his wounds. He and all the others disappeared soon after the quartet emerged from the classroom. The Slytherins in general gave them a wide birth. Except one.

"I don't care what anyone else says, you guys are alright with me," said a male voice.

"Really now?" drawled Darion with a skeptical glare. Although he was hard pushed, Blaise made eye contact with him. And even if he didn't know it, he just gained the beginnings of respect with the four.

"Yes. You four are bound to be the heroes of the school by the end of the day."

"Why?" asked Darien, just catching sight of the Gryffindor Trio, Hermione, Neville, and Cody, leaving the room.

"Because, there are a lot of people that have been waiting to see that happen for a very long time," replied Neville with a shrug. "'Ello Blaise." The young Slytherin nodded to him. He motioned down the hallway; an invitation to walk together and the purebloods began moving with the others falling behind.

"I thought the Gryffs and the Rins didn't get along all that well," commented Damien as she yawned widely.

"Ordinarily we don't but since us three have been `cast out' so to speak, the Slytherins have been kind enough to overlook that whole blood issue where we're concerned. Besides, as they say, we have more honor in our thumbs than what most Gryffindors have in their bodies."

"We're mostly immune to any mass-Gryffindor prank, usually because we're not there," added Cody.

"What class do you all have next?" asked Blaise.

"Charms," said Neville.

"We've got Care o' Magical Creatures with the Puffs now. I'll see you all later." He went downstairs in the other direction, heading towards the grounds while they went up two.

The Charms corridor was mostly empty as they approached and entered the room. The Ravenclaws were to the right side of the room and the Gryffindors were on the left. Damien spotted the `Dream Team' in the center.

"I'd suggest we go the other way," said Darion, going over to the Ravens' area, less animosity pointed in their general direction anyhow. The bell rang moments after they settled themselves and their two professors walked out. Flitwick was as short and energetic as ever while Lily was beaming at them all, her eyes resting upon her children a moment longer than any other.

"Welcome to your first Charms class!" squeaked the little man as he climbed atop his stack of books.

"You all remember who I am so let's get started. If our transfer students don't mind demonstrating what they know practically?" she inquired politely. Darien inclined his head in her direction, simultaneously telling her yes while telling the others that as well. "Excellent! Now let's see…Darius is it?" The boy rose to his feet silently. "Terry?" The young Ravenclaw stood up, squaring his shoulders. "If you two will please come down?" She waved her wand and expanded the room so that the circular dueling platform could fit in the ordinarily smaller room.

With a dual whisper of `keiko' and `kakuhan', Darius was in his training gi with the blue whip gently resting on the floor as he stood across from Boot. Unlike their initial `duels' with the Gryffindors, they had no beef with the other members of the school, and thus Darius bowed to him.

"May your wand fail you," he intoned in accented English. The boy was surprised but quickly bowed back.

"And your whip betray you," he replied bringing his wand into a ready position. Darius presented him with his right side, the one that held the whip, while shifting some of his weight to his back leg. Without warning, Terry cried out, "Avis!" A flock of blue birds fired out of his wand, on a direct collision course with Darius. He merely closed his eyes and moved to the left, allowing them to pass by him and slam into the wall. Upon contact, they disappeared.

"Like I thought," muttered Darion. "He was too weak for the spell."

"Yes, ordinarily they follow their target for at least five seconds," added Neville.

"But not a bad attempt overall," said Hermione in Terry's defense. Darion nodded to her, giving the point.

Darius opened his eyes and raised his arm, flicking his wrist. The edge of the whip careened towards Terry and slapped the ground directly in the middle of his legs. Had he aimed for his body, Terry would have been sliced in half.

"That's his way of saying move your feet," called out Darien. Boot took the advice to heart and shifted to the right, calling out, "Tarantallegra!" before switching back over to his left. Darius used his whip to cut the spell in half again, moving a step closer. "Rictusempra!"

Another spell split in half and another step closer.

"Scatoporrus!"

Another step.

"You might want to give up now before you get hurt," commented Damien lazily, watching as Darius slowly backed the boy into a corner, all while keeping his attention focused solely on the whip. Terry looked at her for a moment then nodded and relaxed his stance, taking care to turn the wand in his hand so that the tip was in his palm.

"I forfeit," he announced, giving the other boy his hand. Darius shook it and bowed to him.

"Nice duel." Damien snickered behind her hand as Darius returned to his seat.

"What's so funny?" asked Neville.

"Talk about a slap in the face! Thank you Darius!"

"I'm confused, what's a slap in the face?" asked Cody.

"Because Darius displayed obvious respect for Terry and not for the Gryffindorks, it was a physical manifestation of what we think of them," replied Darien, leaning back in his chair, a finger gently tapping away at the desk.

"Excellent! Oh just marvelous! That's fifty points to Ravenclaw, twenty for Terry and thirty for Darius!" squeaked Professor Flitwick, dangerously teetering on his stack of books. Just as he was about to fall, Lily reached over and tipped him back. "Oh thank you dearie. And next…Damien and…"

"I'll volunteer professor!" cried Jonathan, a swift glare shooting across the room from one teen to the other. Damien merely raised an eyebrow as Lily added, "Why that would be wonderful! Thanks for volunteering Johnny!" With a roll of her eyes, the Japanese girl walked down to the platform, not even bothering to change into her training outfit. She scoffed.

"This is so not worth my time…" she growled out, staring carelessly across at Jonathan as he stood opposite from her.

"I always settle my debts." Damien laughed aloud.

"That's a good one." The boy scowled.

"You may begin!" said Flitwick. Jonathan's first spell, for whatever reason, was `Expelliarmus!' With a simple raised eyebrow, she sidestepped the spell.

"What the hell was the point in that?! Do I fucking look like I'm holding something?!" she shouted, causing most of the students to snigger. Jonathan colored a dark red before shouting out, "Convomo!" Rolling her eyes, Damien summoned her bat with a quick word and knocked the curse right back at him. A comically stunned look upon his face, Jonathan was frozen to the spot and only moved after the spell had hit him, causing him to throw up all over the place.

"My turn." She swung the bat at him again, a red streak of light flying from her. It hit Potter, knocking him on his back but also removing his own curse. He looked up at her in confusion. "I have some honor. I don't hurt people who can't defend themselves. Or at least those who do not keep a hand on their weapons," she amended after a thought. Jonathan wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his robe while his mother cleared away the mess he made with what he had eaten earlier.

"You're going to regret that." She shrugged carelessly.

"Doubtful but whatever."

"Diffindo!" Another eye roll and Damien carelessly knocked the spell into the barrier surrounding the two duelers.

"I apologize to all boys watching but this is an opportunity that I'm not going to waste. Nuxcastigo!" She swung the bat again, this time a blue light coming out. It hit Jonathan square in the stomach although his hands went instantly to his `family jewels'. His face contorted into the familiar grimace all boys recognized in an instant, letting out a simultaneous `ooh…'. He dropped to his knees and fell to the side, clutching his balls, and calling out `Mommy' in a creepily high voice before curling into the fetal position. Her friends laughed loudly while many other boys winced in sympathy. No matter who it was, save maybe Mouldyshorts, no man, or boy, deserved to feel pain in his nuts. Lily glared viciously at Damien who just stood there with a wide ass grin on her face.

"What did you do to my son?" she screeched. Damien stuck her pinky in her ear and wiggled it a bit.

"Damn you're loud. What I did was a spell all girls should know and all boys should fear. The Nut Check Jinx."

END FLASHBACK

***

"Oh my god that was funny!" chuckled Damien, wiping a tear from her eye, holding onto the doorframe so she didn't fall. Jonathan had had to be levitated to the Hospital Wing after that. They, meaning the people who actually cared about the little bastard, weren't even sure if there even was anything they could do besides lessen the pain a bit. Since it was such an uncommon spell, nigh unheard of, there was no potion, that they knew of, that could help. Of course, had they asked Damien, she could have told them the solution to their little problem. But no one was going anywhere near her, much less the men. "Okaasan always said that the best way to train males was to put the `fear of the nut' in `em!"

"Yes well, I know from that that Potter isn't going to let that one go. Maybe his defeat by your twin, but that was embarrassing on all counts."

"Yeah, so just…watch your step tomorrow. My brother knows this school better than any student so you can be sure he'll try to ambush you somewhere."

"If we know him at all, he's gonna try to humiliate you in a public place, probably in the Great Hall." Damien nodded a few times.

"Is that it?"

"No. Watch for paintings close to the ground-"

"And tapestries, those things hide more secrets than the doors do!"

"And the stairs. Potter knows how to activate and deactivate those trick steps."

"Now is that it?" The two girls nodded and she ran another hand through her still wet hair. "That being the case, don't wait for us or anything tomorrow. If there's one thing we don't like, it's innocents being brought in the middle of something we started. After we're through with Potter, we'll let ya know." Hermione let out a deep breath. Her conscience would probably let her sleep easy now.

"Aw shit!" cried Cody suddenly. The two other girls turned to her in surprise.

"What's wrong?" asked Hermione. She frantically motioned to her watch.

"My brother is on patrol right now, on this floor."

"WHAT?!"

"They let him out of the Hospital Wing and gave him this floor instead of the fourth like he usually has. It took us nearly a half-hour to get here! There's no way we could make it back to the Fat Lady before we're caught!" As the two girls began to panic, Damien set a firm hand on both of their shoulders.

"Rule Number One: NEVER PANIC. Panic creates fear and fear clouds judgment. Since the pair of you were so nice as to come give us such a warning, I'll let you go through and back into the Common Room."

"How?" Damien motioned the pair in and closed the portrait back over the door. The hall they were in was wide enough for three to walk abreast with four doors on both sides at the very end. Damien moved the tapestry on their left to the side, showing a slightly transparent barrier that looked into the Gryffindor Common Room just to the left of the fireplace on the opposite side. It gave a clear view to the whole room, the door, and both staircases.

"All clear. This is only one-way so don't bother trying to find it later. Night," she added cheerfully, forcefully pushing them through and dropping the tapestry back over the wall. She sighed deeply and pulled off her glasses, pulsing red eyes glaring at the wall opposite her.

Damien? called Darien over their twin bond. She sighed deeply and walked to the end of the hall, going to the door on the right. She was back in their room and stepped into the hot tub after dropping her towel from her waist. The other three watched her cautiously.

"What happened?" asked Darion, letting loose a contented breath as the tub got warmer.

"Apparently, Granger and Potter female have come to warn us of retribution by Potter male for my actions today."

":That was brilliant by the way. The look on his face was absolutely priceless,:" said Darius with a chuckle. They all shared a laugh at Jonathan's expense.

"Anything else?" asked Darien.

"No, just that warning and to specifically watch out in the Great Hall. Apparently, he wants to get us back in a public place and there is none better than the Great Hall."

"He'll probably make us sweat all day by not doing anything and then do something at dinner when the whole school is really there and he thinks we've let our guards down." Darion scowled.

"Amateur…"

"Why must all the potential rivals be such idiots?"

"Because some idiot made a prayer to Kami to make all his enemies idiots. And Kami granted it."

***

By the way /this/ is them speaking in Japanese.

scatoporrus- to spout leek; a combined form of `scato'- to spout and `porrus'- leek (Latin) No incantation was given

convomo- to vomit all over (Latin) My own personal spell

nuxcastigo- nut check; a combined form of `nux'- nut and `castigo'- check (Latin) My own personal spell

-->