Unofficial Portkey Archive

Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge by hooobajube
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

hooobajube

Long ago just like the hearse you die to get in again, we are so far from you. Burning on just like the match you strike to incinerate the lives of every one you knew, and what's the worst you take from every heart you break, and like the blade you stain. Well I've been holding on tonight. And what's the worst that I can say, things are better if I stay, so long and goodnight. So long and goodnight. Came a time when every star falls brought you to tears again. We are the very hurt you sold. Can you hear me, are you near me. Can we pretend to leave and then we'll meet again when both our cars collide.

*************************************************************************************************************************

Angels sang the day you died, my dear, you were so beautiful. I miss you my love. I am sorry I wasn't able to tell you goodbye. I was stuck, stuck in some limbo of a world, stuck in a damn hospital bed. Not aware of anything or anyone around. When I awoke I didn't know, Ron told me and I almost killed him on the spot. I missed it all, I had missed the past six months, but they will pay my dear, yes, they will pay.

He closed the book with a quick snap. His jet black hair was hanging in his face, with rain slicking against his glasses. He gently ran his thumb along the gold inlet on the binding of the book. He didn't have to look at it to know what it said. HJG stood out like a match burning in a dark tomb.

Harry Potter, a skinny lanky man, turned on his heel and headed up the hill from her headstone, back up to the dark car at the top. Everything was quiet except for the sound of the rain trying to make its way angrily through the trees. Everything seemed to be quiet around him lately, ever since he woke up from that damned hell he was forced to live in, ever since they shot her right out of his life.

It was a beautiful day, June 27th to be exact. The sun shone through the beautiful stain glass in the church, casting vibrant colors about in a dancing swimming kaleidoscope. Harry had fought away the tears that threatened to escape from the corners of his eyes. Hermione was so beautiful. He was so happy that for just one day, one day in his life, he wasn't worrying, running from something or someone.

They exchanged their vows, smiling, crying. The small group of people in the church were watching and encouraging them. Harry pulled her ring from within his jacket pocket. He had never seen her smile that big. It was finally happening.

A loud crack rang thought the church, Hermione's smile faded, her face became confused. Harry couldn't understand. He looked down to see Hermione's lace dress staining a deep crimson color. Harry's vision was thrown in to sudden slow motion. He could see everyone running and screaming. Some falling and bleeding on the floor.

Dark men in cloches and masks were shooting sporadically about them. Harry didn't understand. These men looked like Death Eaters, but why would they be using muggle weapons. Then emerging from the crowd he saw him. Platinum blond hair making his way towards the alter.

Quickly as he could Harry gathered Hermione in his arms, before he heard another loud resounding crack, and everything fell way into darkness.

Harry sat stone-faced in the front seat of the dark car. His head leaning on the steering wheel. One single tear fell and landed unceremoniously on the leather bound book in his lap.

"Harry?" Ron spoke quietly almost fearing him. Harry sat upright, not turning to look Ron in the eye.

"Yes?" Harry said his tone icy and cold, void of any emotion.

"Are you going to be ok mate?" Ron asked looking at Harry quietly trying to size up where his oldest friend was sitting, emotionally.

"Oh, Ron",Harry said menacingly, "I am going to be just fine." He put the car angrily in drive and drove quickly away from Hermione's grave, tires squealing the whole way.

"Shoot him again"

"No, I won't, I can't do this."

"DO IT NOW!"

"No, it's just wrong."

*CRACK*

Harry sat bolt upright in the stiff motel bed. Sweat beading on his temples and glistening on his chest. He reached up over his heart clutching the small gold ring that hung from a silver chain around his neck. He sighed, the constant throbbingheadache that plagued him for the past week, tiptoed on the verge of a migraine.

The light from the moon and the stars shone in the through the dusty curtains, casting long dark shadows about the small dank room. Silence filled the stale air, a distant wailing of a siren in the distance floated lightly in to the quiet room.

"Harry!"

His small round glasses were on his face faster than a flash. His head whipped around violently searching for the source of who said his name. Darkness only. He reached quickly for the drawer in the nightstand. His hand searching desperately for the silver gun that should have been there.

"Shit!" He cursed. He turned to continue his search in the other drawer, but he was suddenly struck dumb. The sight before him caused tears to instantly fall from his eyes.

Hermione stood before him, the moon light dancing through her, dressed in her stained wedding gown.

"Hermione!" He sobbed. He crawled on his knees reaching a hand for her. She raised her hand and placed his silver gun in his out stretched palm, in the handle now was embossed "REVENGE."

"Stay."Her voice was distant and harsh, almost like a whisper.

"I can't, not without you." Harry sobbed

"Stay." And she was gone

Harry screamed to the fading mist that once held the form of his true love. He looked down at the handle of the bright silver gun he held. He knew what she wanted him to do, and with every breath in his body he would see it through. Even if it killed him, more than likely it would, but god help him, he would take a thousand sons of bitches with him before he fell.

He jumped out of bed, quickly dressing in the black suit and shirt he had been wearing the day before. He slid a blood red tie over his head tightening it around his neck. He grabbed his gun, wand and the keys to the dark car. Leaving everything else and left the empty motel room.