Unofficial Portkey Archive

In my secret life by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

In my secret life

leedee

Chapter 13

-

Songbird

-

For you, there'll be no more crying
For you, the sun will be shining
And I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright, I know it's right

To you, I'll give the world
To you, I'll never be cold
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright, I know it's right

And the songbirds are singing,
Like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before

And I wish you all the love in the world
But most of all, I wish it from myself

And the songbirds are singing
Like the
y knew the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before, like never before

"Songbird" by Fleetwood Mac

-

-

"I am going to talk to Ron," Harry suddenly said. Hermione had her back to his chest and he was slowly stroking her hair. It was three days after the party and they were lying in bed. Ron had left for another game abroad, and Harry and Hermione spent every second together.

"Don't you think it's too soon?" she asked. Harry had held her from behind, but now she turned and faced him. She had a concerned look on her face. He stroked her cheek reassuringly.

"Don't be such a coward," he laughed. "Look, he was the one who invited Isaac to the party, obviously he's fine with you seeing him."

"I guess," she smiled a little bit and continued, "I can't wait until everyone knows."

The day prior, Hermione had had a very uncomfortable talk with Isaac. She had explained that she had realized she was in love with someone else, and she apologized for not telling him sooner. He was very sweet about it and said he understood, he admitted to being a little disappointed but wished her luck. Hermione was so impressed that she thought about setting Ginny and Isaac up on a date.

Harry was eating his lunch alone. He had a lot to think about…like how would he tell Ron? Obviously he couldn't tell Ron about how it all started. Where should he start? Should he say that it was brand new and they were just dating, or should he tell Ron that he had fallen in love? Surely Ron would be all right with it.

His thoughts were interrupted by Draco Malfoy's sleazy voice. "Well obviously it's just a matter of time before I get a promotion," he bragged. Harry sneered over his shoulder; Draco was sitting with two men. He recognized one of them from school, obviously an old Slytherin.

"I would guess you'll be the new Minister of Magic within five years," one of the other guys said in a clear attempt to butter Draco up. Harry had to bite his lip so as not to start laughing out loud. He turned his attention back to his food. It wasn't long before he heard something that quickly caught his attention again. "So, working with that Granger, how is that?" the boy trying to gain Draco's liking asked.

"Well what can I tell you about her, I'm her boss, she has to do whatever I say," Draco snickered.

"She has become quite the looker, that one," another man said.

"Mmm… if you like those… Well I can't very well say the word in here, but you know what I mean. You do know that she's an MB?" he gave them a knowing look.

"Doesn't matter, you don't have to marry her, just have some fun,"

"Naturally. I think I'll give her an order to follow me on a business trip, and I'll just teach her what dark magic feels like," Draco sneered. Before Harry could stop himself he had thrown himself on top of Draco. Draco had lost his balance and was lying on the floor. Harry pointed his wand at him.

"Potter! What the hell are you doing?" the other man yelled.

"You should watch it," Draco mocked.

In a very calm tone of voice Harry said, "No Malfoy. You should watch it. Be very careful, you'd do well to remember what happened during the war." Draco had lost both his parents, and had been damn near going to Azkaban. Draco's eyes blackened at the mention of war. "Hit a sore spot did I?" he spat at Harry, still lying on the floor. "If I hear you do anything at all, trying to make Hermione's job hard. I will personally see to it that you will spend the rest of your years at Azkaban." Draco knew Harry meant it, and probably could do it. Harry walked away, boiling with anger. How lovely it would have been to curse Malfoy right there.

When Hermione got home from work that day, she found Harry and Ron in a wild discussion about Quidditch. They were sitting at the kitchen table, so into their conversation that they didn't even notice her arrival. She walked quickly to the side of the table and slammed the books she had been carrying down on the table. Startled, they both jumped.

"Oi, what's your problem?" Ron cried out.

Hermione looked angry at Harry. "Is it true? Did you really threaten to curse Malfoy?" her voice was very high-pitched. Harry looked guilty but didn't answer. With a loud sigh she slumped down on the next chair.

"Did you really? Harry, that's so brilliant," Ron was positively beaming at Harry.

"What are you talking about Ronald?" Hermione's voice had reached an ever higher lever, "Harry could loose his job for this. Malfoy is most likely to make my life even more hell now. I heard people saying that Malfoy is going to the Minister tomorrow." She looked desperately at Harry.

"I didn't mean do get you in to trouble, Hermione, he just made me so mad. He deserved it; actually I should have cursed him,"

"What did he do?" Ron had his mouth filled with some of the cookies Mrs. Weasley had sent over. Harry could hardly understand him.

"Honestly," Hermione muttered at him.

"OK, I am just going to say this now. Malfoy was making rude comments about you Hermione."

"I don't care," she moaned putting her head in her hands. Harry cautiously looked at Ron. He was very interested in the conversation, and Harry didn't know where he got the nerve but suddenly he said:

"Ron, I want to tell you something…." Hermione looked up with large eyes; Ron on the other hand just stuffed another cookie into his mouth and nodded encouragingly.

"…Well the things is. I've wanted to tell you for a couple of weeks now, well… Hermione and I, well… we kind of…well we have feelings for each other," he looked carefully at Ron.

It was obvious that Ron didn't understand. "Romantic feelings," Harry added. Ron looked at Hermione, she nodded with caution. Ron swallowed the rest of the cookies and remained silent.

"Are you mad or…what are you feeling?" Hermione asked.

"Mad? No, why would I be?" Ron finally spoke. She shrugged at him. "I am a bit surprised, and I must admit that it is a little bit strange, I mean you were my girlfriend once, but that was ages ago. Were you afraid to tell me about this?" Hermione and Harry nodded together. "Come on, you know me better than that," he laughed out loud. "I think it's kind of great. I mean, you two are my best friends, and Hermione you knew I always was kind of jealous of Harry when we were together. Funny how that worked out, two years later you two hook up when I was afraid you would have done it while we were together." Hermione felt an awful feeling of guilt but she smiled at him. Harry placed his hand on top Hermione's hand, he was a little bit afraid of Ron's reaction, but he didn't seem to mind at all. "Look, just don't start to leave me out of everything, and don't start snogging everywhere in the house. I don't want to have to gag," Ron joked. "Merlin knows I've seen enough of Harry's birds around this house." Hermione pulled her hand back, and Harry rolled his eyes at Ron. "Sorry." Ron shrugged.

Christmas was around the corner and Hermione couldn't help but think about the Christmas two years ago, it was a hard decision she had made, but it now felt like the right one. Ron had taken it so well, and she was hoping the rest of the Weasley's would be happy for them. She knew Ginny wouldn't like it, but she would just have to come around to it. It didn't really matter what Ginny thought, the only person Harry and Hermione had been worried about was Ron, and he had been so supportive.

Hermione was sitting on the floor in front of the fire wrapping presents when she heard Harry sneaking up behind of her.

"Hi, pretty lady," he gave her a cup of hot chocolate. He sat down on the floor behind her with his legs on each side of her. She craned her neck and gave him a kiss.

"Trying to sneak a peek at your gifts?"

"Wouldn't dare to," he answered.

He kissed her neck and it tickled Hermione, she turned around and sat opposite him. "I am so happy," she whispered.

"Good." She leaned forward and kissed him sweetly.

"You're all I want for Christmas," Hermione continued.

"Cheesy!" Harry tickled her stomach and she bent over laughing. It was very hot in the room, but it felt perfect. She looked around at the living room, it was beautifully decorated and there was a big tree in the corner which Harry, Hermione, and Ron had decorated together. "Guess what?" Harry suddenly remembered something he had to tell her. "I told Neville about us…."

"I thought the Weasleys would be the next to know."

"Yeah, but I mean, it's Neville. We can trust him. But you won't believe what he said! He wasn't surprised at all; he has apparently been waiting for the news for ages. He said he has noticed our looks and the tension between us since you moved back to London."

"What?" Hermione was surprised; she didn't know that Neville Longbottom could read signs that well.

"Stop interrupting," Harry laughed. "That's not the good part. Neville also said that he thought we weren't hiding it very well, just like Ron and Luna!" Hermione just gasped at Harry who nodded excitedly.

"I can't believe it," Hermione squeaked.

"I know, but I don't think we should ask Ron about it," Harry quickly added.

"No, I agree, he'll tell us when he's ready. Just like we did," Hermione agreed. She lay down on her back and Harry followed, he rested on his elbow and lay close to her, softly touching her face with his other hand. This was what he had wanted all along, Hermione to be his. And now he had her. He could hardly believe it. He gazed into her beautiful brown eyes;

she was so perfect. How could I have been so lucky? he thought.

"You know what I imagine," Harry spoke softly. Hermione didn't answer she just listened and stroked his hair. "I imagine us in a big house out on the country side. It'd be great if we didn't have neighbours too close, so the kids could practice Quidditch without any muggles seeing them." He paused for a few seconds to see if Hermione was laughing at him, but she seemed to enjoy every word. "We'll have dogs, and Crookshanks might want his own little cat wife. Ron will have to live pretty close, and we'll spend our evenings with our friends and family." He looked down at Hermione and she smiled back at him.

"We'll have that," she raised her head slightly and gently touched his lips with hers. She continued, "Just as long as you don't see me barefoot at the stove."

"Nope, just naked all the time," he grinned at her. He put his head on her chest and listened to her heart. "I'm not afraid of the future anymore, not now that I have you," he whispered.

"You'll always have me," she answered.

"I will love you forever, Hermione."

-

THE END

-

-

-

That's the end guys! Thanks you so much for reading my story, and thanks again to my beta Chelsey! Please leave some reviews; this is after all the last chance… By the end of the month I'll start uploading my new story!

-->