Unofficial Portkey Archive

Book Seven: The Deathly Hallows by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Book Seven: The Deathly Hallows

Hermione Potter

Disclaimer: I don't think I would WANT to own Deathly Hallows. I'm not JKR. And right now, I'm happy about that. :)

Author's Note: Okay, now that I've thought about a lot of things, I will be changing A LOT of the plot line. :) I hope you enjoy.

Book Seven: The Deathly Hallows

By Hermione Potter

Chapter Two

Potter Polyjuice

Harry was surprised at the number of people that came to see him. Ron, who had gotten taller, Hermione who's face was shining, Hagrid who looked scruffy, Fred and George who looked identical with maniacal grins, Mr. Weasley who had a bit of dirt on his face and wearing olive colored clothes, Mad-Eye Moody with his darting eye, Tonks whose hair had been changed to purple, Remus who looked tired and exhausted, nonetheless happy to see Harry, Fleur who was beautiful with her silvery strands of hair, and Kingsley, bold and bald

"Change of plans," Moody said as they all settled inside, the doors locked. "Seems that Plan A isn't going to work out since Pius Thicknesse has crossed over to the other side which causes a big problem. He's done loads to protect You-Know-Who from gettin to ya. But that was pointless since you have your mother to protect you. But the real price is that he's doing anything from trying to get you out of here safely. Second problem is that you're still under age and that means you still have the Trace on you. If you perform magic the Ministry is going to detect it or anyone else near you. So we need to get out of here," Moody explained, followed by a growl.

The tension in the air could have been cut with a tooth pick.

"Now we can't wait for the Trace to break. The second you turn 17 and it does, you'll be vulnerable. Thicknesse thinks he has you cornered. And the only way to get you out is to use travel the only way that it can't be detected. Thestrals, brooms, and Hagrid's motorbike. Your mother's protection will only break under two protections. When you turn 17, or you can no longer call this place home. Once you're out of range, the protection will be. And you cannot return," Moody finished, pacing back and forth.

"The Ministry has idea that we'll be rescuing you on the thirtieth. But to be sure, if there are any Death Eaters out there, we've put protection charms on every house possible. You'll be going to Granger's home. We've got enough wizards guarding that place like Azakaban. From there, you'll be given a Portkey so that you can transport to the Burrow. All right Harry?" Mr. Weasley explained, looking at Harry intently.

Harry sat for a moment to take everything in. He glanced around at all the faces that were now waiting on him. His eyes fell upon Ron and Hermione who seemed to be worried as much as anyone else. "Well? When do we leave?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Good. Now we'll be needing a few of your hairs...," Moody said, approaching him.

Harry jumped back and blinked. "Woah woah woah. What for?"

"To make the Polyjuice Potion of course. You think all 14 of us are going to go to the same place? We're going to use the Polyjuice Potion and have seven Potters going in different directions along with a companion. That way they can land in safe locations and transport to the Burrow." Moody laughed.

"No! I'm not going to risk that! It's already enough that I'll be traveling unprotected, but I'm not going to put the rest of you in danger!" Harry exclaimed, backing up into the sink.

"I told you he would act like this," Hermione interrupted, her brown eyes settling on Harry. Harry gave her a glance and tore his eyes away, facing the rest of them.

"We're not going to enjoy it either Harry. Imagine if we got into a sticky situation and end up with an ear or arm cut off!" George kidded, nudging him in the ribs.

Harry did not crack a smile.

"You can't do it if I don't cooperate. After all it is my hair," Harry decided, crossing his arms over his chest. He was fighting a losing battle.

"We can force you," Moody growled again, the lines in his face darkening.

"Fine," Harry mumbled, reaching up into his dark hair and yanking out enough hairs.

"Good. Drop them into here," Moody instructed, holding out a bottle. Harry did as he wanted.

"You look much tastier than Crabbe and Goyle did," Hermione blurted out, looking at the potion that was now a golden color. Her face flushed as everyone looked at her. "We-Well you know what I mean." She couldn't see that Ron's ears were turning red.

"Well, drink up," Moody said, handing it off to the students.

As each person took a gulp, Harry watched in amazement as their bodies began to bubble and transform into mirror images of himself. Several began to shrink and others began to grow. Fleur's hair pulled back into her head as everyone's hair began to darken. In a matter of minutes, there were six Harry Potters staring back at him.

Hermione glanced at everyone as she stood and brought out a large sack, unzipping it. She pulled out clothes and several pairs of glasses, identical to the ones resting on the bridge of Harry's nose.

And then, they proceeded to change right in front of him.

"Can I get a little privacy here?" Harry gaped, knowing that everyone of them would know what he looked like naked. Even Fleur, Tonks, and Hermione. He cringed and slumped his shoulders. "Well now that you're done exposing me to everyone else, are we going to leave soon?"

"All right. Bill with Fleur. Arthur and Ron. Tonks and Fred. Kingsley with George. Lupin with Miss Granger and Mr. Potter. Hagrid will be following after you two to Granger's house. I'll be going there now to check things out before you both arrive. And be ready to keep a look out," Moody warned, limping out of the house.

Harry walked out onto the backyard and saw as there were two broom sticks one the ground. Resting besides those were the delicate creatures that people feared because they had been called different, Thestrals. He watched as Hagrid boarded the motorbike. "Was that Sirius's?" He asked, aiming towards Remus.

"Yes, a dare devil that one. Well! We'd be on our way," Remus answered, hoisting himself onto the back of the Thestral and holding onto the reigns. The others proceeded to get on their mode or transportation as Harry sat behind Remus.

As the others began to take off into the air, Harry turned to see Hermione cautiously getting on behind him. "Have I said how much I detest flying?" She commented, looking at the creature's enormously large wings.

"Well Hermione, hold on tight. I'm sure none of us will let you fall," Remus smiled, launching the Thestral into the air, followed by the loud lurching noise of the motorbike.

Harry's eyes widened as he realized that he didn't have the rest of his things with him. "Wait, my things! Hedwig!" He exclaimed, tugging on Remus's shirt.

"Don't worry Harry, we put them in the sidecar with Hagrid." Hermione assured him as her arms began to tighten themselves around his waist. He could have sworn on Merlin's grave that he had heard a rib crack here and there.

As soon as the others were clear, about thirty cloaked figures sprang into the air, surrounding both the Thestral and the motorbike. Harry could hear the bike come to a lurching halt before the sound of rattling rang in his ears. He turned to head in time to see Hedwig's cage falling out of the side car. "HEDWIG!" Harry shouted. "Remus, turn around!" He demanded, tugging on him.

"Harry, the Thestral isn't cooperating," Remus swallowed, whipping out his wand.

"Alohomora!" Hermione took her wand out, pointing it at the cage. Harry let out a relieved sigh as he watched Hedwig fly from the catch, gliding low, out of sight from the Death Eaters. He quickly took his wand out and shouted, "EXPELLIARMUS!" He watched as wands were thrust away from their owners.

"Impedimenta!"

Several Death Eaters collided in mid-air as if there was a transparent wall dividing the sky.

"Don't worry Harry! I got it under control!" Hagrid bellowed, pushing a button on the motorbike. Harry watched as large flames erupted from the end, making the Death Eaters yelp in pain.

"Harry! It's him!" Hermione whispered, tugging on Harry's sleeve. Suddenly pain fell upon Harry's scar. His hand darted to his forehead, rubbing it. They turned to see Voldemort hovering in the air. Harry's insides immediately weakened as he fought to dodge green streams of light. Harry's insides emptied as he saw Stan Shunpike, revealing himself to be a Death Eater.

"Harry Potter." Voldemort sneered, taking out his wand. Hermione's eyes widened as she watched in terror.

"Harry, how did they know you were the real one?" She whispered in his ear.

"No clue," he muttered. "Remus! Hagrid! Go!" He commanded, holding on to Remus's waist tightly.

Before they began to move, Harry looked back to see Voldemort pointing his wand at him. But then his hand fell and he vanished along with his loyal servants.

Harry took a deep breath and felt himself begin to descend onto the ground. He looked over the shoulder of Remus to see a large house, made of marble. Columns that were inspired by the Greek architecture could be seen even from the night sky. "That's your house?" Harry asked, looking back at Hermione who shrugged.

"Yes." She answered before letting go of his waist and hopping off the Thestral. She proceeded to open the door to her family house and was greeted by at least 10 wizards and witches who were from the Order. She turned to the others. "Well? You can come in," She beckoned them, walking inside.

Remus turned to Harry and shrugged, helping Harry with his things. But as Remus and Hagrid trudged inside the home, Harry turned to look at the sky. He had not forgotten that he had almost lost his faithful companion, Hedwig. He only hoped that his winged friend was safe and that she would return.

"Harry. Get in her' before them Death Eaters spot 'cha!" Hagrid called out to him, waving his large hand. Harry could hear the wind being swept by his hand and quickly gathered his things, walking inside before Hagrid looked around suspiciously and shut the door quickly.

The inside of the Granger home had been one that Harry had thought about, knowing Hermione lived in a Muggle environment. It had looked like the cozy shows on the tele that Harry had a glimpse of when Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia were eating.

He found himself walking into the living room where Hermione seemed to be gathering things inside her rucksack. It seemed that she wouldn't be carrying much. But before he could ask anything, she stood up and turned to face Harry, throwing her bag over her shoulder. "Well? I have everything. So we should be going," Hermione said, turning to find Remus looking through his pockets.

"Where are your parents?" Harry asked, watching Hermione look at him.

"Australia. The Order thought it would be safer that way. I was uneasy about it, but they thought it would be better to put a Memory Charm on them. Thought it would be safer since they don't know who I am. If Voldemort ever interrogated them, they wouldn't know anything about me or magic." She replied, a sad look on her face. He was about to say something before Remus interrupted.

"Here's the portkey. Everyone grab on!" Remus warned before Harry began to feel the pull in his naval. He closed his eyes as he heard Hermione yelp quietly, knowing she was holding on for dear life. Before he knew it, he was in the Burrow, his bum colliding with the wooden floor.

Harry winced as he got up, staggering a bit. Portkey wasn't the best of travel choices.

"Harry! Oh dear!" He turned to see Mrs. Weasley waddling her way over, her arms spread out. He made an attempt to smile before he was engulfed into the motherly hugs that only Mrs. Weasley could subdue. "You are the real Harry, right?" She pulled back, looking him up and down.

"Yeah. No one else has been back?" He asked with a bit of concern. She looked bemused.

"We...We had a run in with Death Eaters. The second we took off, we were surrounded. We had to defend ourselves. I had no idea where anyone else was besides the ones with me. And then Voldemort got sight of us-" Harry stopped when he realized he had said the name in the Weasley household.

"Thank goodness you're all right. As well as you Hermione. I'm sure all of you could use a spot of tea and some biscuits. Hagrid would you like to sit down? You look a bit out of it," Mrs. Weasley asked, looking over Harry's shoulder to see that Hagrid was darting his eyes around the room.

"Tha' would be nice." He replied, following her into the kitchen.

Harry turned to Hermione who seemed to be looking at the paintings on the wall beside the fireplace. He thought it would be best to give her a bit of space before he talked to her.

Before he could do anything, he stopped short when he had seen Ginny coming down the stairs. For a moment, he watched her as she strode into the kitchen. Obviously, she didn't see him. He swallowed a bit, remembering what had happened just a few short months ago. It wasn't till now that he realized that he longed to just have her look at him.

"Harry!" Hermione called urgently, rushing to the door and opening it. Harry quickly followed, seeing that Kingsley, Tonks, and Fred were dragging a body. It was George. And his face was covered in blood.

"George! What happened?" Harry asked, helping to carry George to the couch. His face paled when he realized that he was missing an ear.

"Molly! Get in here!" Remus called, rushing over and performing a cleaning spell. In a swoop, the blood had dissipated and there was a gaping hole where his ear was.

"George! My baby!" Mrs. Weasley rushed in, sitting at her son's side.

"I'm afraid we can't do anything. Once his ear has been cursed off, there's nothing that can be done. We had a run in witha grindylow. No idea where it came from," Kingsley said, his accent coming out deep and forceful. The group fell silent.

"Voldemort got a lead from someone. Someone's giving him information. But we don't know who." Remus said in a soft tone, sounding grave.

"It can't be anyone from the Order. But Voldemort did catch up with us," Hermione interrupted.

"What? How?" There was a sharp intake of breath.

"He didn't know where we were because if he did, then it would have been the first place to check. He fell for the Polyjuice Potion, I'm assuming," Harry explained, getting looks from everyone.

"Will George be all right?" Hermione asked, knowing that if the conversation continued, there would be an exchange of heated words. Harry shot her a grateful glance and turned back attention to George.

"He'll be fine. He'lll just never have an ear again," Fred answered, looking at his twin.

"I think I'll make a bit of lunch. Everyone let George rest. In the meantime, why don't all you dears go up to your room? I'm sure the others will come on their way soon," Mrs. Weasley gave a small smile before going into the kitchen. Harry could hear her try to hold back sobs as she began chopping.

Harry walked upstairs, following behind Hermione who stayed silent as they went into their bedrooms. He glanced at the door and frowned before walking into Ron's room. It looked no different than when he saw it last Christmas. It was still a mess. There was Ron's bed and then a cot for him. It was quiet, but it felt like he did belong there.

As if by magic, the door had swung open and Ron's red hair had came in, out of breath. Harry turned to him. "What took you so long?" He asked, seeing as though Ron had looked like he was throttled by the Whomping Willow that they faced in second year.

"Mad-Eye. He's been killed." Was the first thing to come from his lips. Harry dropped his rucksack and stared at his best friend.

"What? Moody's been killed? Did the Death Eaters come after him?" Hermione's voice came from no where. The two boys turned to the door to see that she was indeed, there.

"Yeah. There was a whole mess of them. He was alone too. Tonks said that he was almost to your house until they all came." Ron explained, rubbing the back of his neck. It was a habit of his when something bad happened.

"Well does everyone else know?" She asked, walking in and joining them.

"Reckon Tonks is telling them now," Ron shrugged, looking around. "Sorry about the mess Harry. Mum's been wanting me to clean it. Not really much time, you know?" He tried to change the subject, but it didn't seem to work.

"We should go downstairs." Hermione suggested. The two boys nodded before following her below, seeing everyone gathered around the sitting room, goblets in their hands. They turned to see the three.

"I see Ron's told you the news. Come. We're about to do something," Remus beckoned, filling three goblets with a dark liquid, pushing it to the side. Harry, Ron, and Hermione glanced at one another and picked them up, giving a sniff.

"To Mad-Eye." Mr. Weasley wished, raising his goblet in the air.

"To Mad-Eye." The room chorused.

"And Sirius," Remus called out. Everyone looked at him.

"To Sirius," A second round of calling.

Harry held the goblet to his lips and let the drink flow down his throat. He felt his throat burn as he realized it was firewhiskey. He gulped it down, feeling his face warm up. He turned to hear Hermione place her goblet down, his hands framing her face to keep from getting warmer. Harry glanced around the room and blinked.

"Would anyone like a bit of tea?" Mrs. Weasley asked, starting to walk into the kitchen.

"Let me get it Mrs. Weasley." Harry complied. Before she could object, he got up and headed to the kitchen. But not before he stopped, hearing voices inside. He was about to walk away, until he began to hear the conversation.

"So Mungdungus never showed up?" It was Mr. Weasley's voice.

"No." The other was Kingsley Shacklebot.

"Well has anyone caught sight of him? You don't think he was near Mad-Eye do you?" Mr. Weasly asked.

"No. But a few of the Order members think that he is the one that gave our escape away. But he was with one of the most skilled Aurors. Nonetheless, he was another Harry. It made perfect sense to go after Mad-Eye first. But Mungdungus panicked. And then he was gone before Voldemort was done with Mad-Eye," Kingsley explained.

Harry walked in quietly, giving a slight cough, watching Mr. Weasley turn to him. "Well, hello Harry. Need anything?"

"Oh Arthur, he was getting tea for me. Sweet boy. Now Harry, you go back in the other room and I'll get it," Mrs. Weasley appeared from behind Harry, gently nudging him out and shutting the door.

He looked at the door, letting the information that he heard sink in.

Author's Note: Please review! I've had a rush of H/Hr love and at this rate, I'll probably get two chapters up every week. WOO!