Unofficial Portkey Archive

Too Close To Losing You by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Too Close To Losing You

i found nemo

THIS IS NOT A NEW CHAPTER

Too Close To Losing You

Disclaimer: Everything in the world of Harry Potter belongs to the positively brilliant author J.K. Rowling.

[A/N:] Thanks for those who reviewed! I got over 900 hits, so really thank you to every one who read... but mostly to people who reviewed, it means a lot to me. Anyway, this was only supposed to be a little one shot but then I decided to add an epilogue, but if anyone has an idea for an extended story then please feel free to mention it!

The Next Morning...

Hermione was laying in bed on her stomach, the sheets pooled around her waist. She moaned and breathed in deeply, reaching her hand over for Harry. She was met with the coolness of the white sheets, and not the naked body of the love of her life that was supposed to be there sleeping still. Her eyes opened and looked for him but he wasn't there. She let out the breath she was holding and willed the tears not to fall over. She listened for any sound from within their flat but heard nothing. She was just about to start sobbing when she heard the door open and close and heard footsteps coming closer to their room. the door pushed open to reveal Harry in black jeans and a white button up. He leaned against the door frame and smiled at her, "Hey wife."

"Husband," she answered back their old joke, smiling brightly at him, "Where've you been?"

He shrugged, "Just browsing around Piccadilly Circus."

Hermione looked to the bedside clock, "Midday on a Saturday?"

Harry smiled at her and sat down next to her, "Yeah, I found something there you might like." He pulled out a plastic bubble and opened the cap, only to extract an exact replica of her engagement ring, two hearts entwined and all. Hermione stared at it with her mouth open.

"Yeah, I had to wrestle a ten year old for this. And she was very disappointed when I won-"

Hermione let out a sob and buried her face into her husband's neck. "Now, I know it's not the exact one, but it holds the same message. That you're mine forever." He put it on her finger and kissed her knuckles before kissing her mouth. "I'll have to put another request in for your wedding ring though, since I had that custom made." She smiled a watery smile at him before kissing him again.

"Did you really fight a ten year old?" she asked quietly, still in shock of Harry's sweetness and that he actually found another one.

"Only for you. She was hanging from the roof when I was done with her," he said very seriously. Hermione looked shocked but Harry only kissed her forehead, "Kidding love... it was from the light post. Come on I brought back food!"

"Harry!" she called after him playfully. She smiled at her husband as she watched him run down the hall like a little boy scared of his mother finding out that he stole the sweets. She laughed and swung her legs around the edge of the bed. Her eyes looked down to the top drawer of her nightstand. Opening the drawer she took out the two rings that lay there, shining proudly in the morning sun. She took her wedding band and slipped it on followed by her old engagement ring. She looked at her left hand, knowing never again she would doubt the love her husband had for her.