Unofficial Portkey Archive

Night of Love by papermask
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Night of Love

papermask

This story is set 3 years after the last chapter of deathly hallows entitled "19 Years Later", so it's basically 22 years after Deathly Hallows.

Disclaimer: J.K. Rowling owns the rights to all of these characters. I don't. Tada. ^_^
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was something that was theirs. Theirs and theirs alone. It belonged to them. It belonged to Harry and Hermione. The one night a week when Ron worked late and Ginny took the kids to the Weasley house. Sometimes Harry would go, just to keep up appearances, but whenever he went, he managed to persuade Ginny to invite Ron and Hermione as well. However, considering that Ron usually works late on this night, Hermione brought Rose and Hugo by herself. But however it turned out, this was always their night. It was their night to be true, their night to be passionate - their night to love. And it was on this particular night that love was the only topic of discussion at hand.

Harry apparated into the living room. It felt more like home every time he came there. The stone fireplace held a mantle of photographs. Photos of all of the children, singular photos of Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and the photos he liked the best. The ones with all three of them together, like old times. Harry felt a pang of guilt for doing this, just like he always did. He knew Hermione felt it, too. But something told both of them that it was alright, and that was enough for them.

"Hermione? Are you here?", Harry called out. He was surprised by Hermione's response from behind.

"Of course I am - it is my house."

Harry turned around to find Hermione standing with a pleasant expression on her face. She looked exceptinally lovely, like she always had. Her fluffy brown hair framed her face neatly and matched her dark eyes perfectly.

"You look beautiful." She really did. Harry noticed it every time she was around him. Especially her hair - he loved her hair.

"Oh stop. You know you don't have to flatter me."

Hermione grinned. Harry suddenly noticed the space between them. What was he thinking? Harry quickly walked towards her and kissed her softly.

"Wow, I suppose we'll get right to it then," Hermione laughed. Harry blushed slightly.

"Are they asleep?", Harry asked as he glanced up the stair towards Rose's and Hugo's rooms. Hermione nodded proudly.

"It only took one story tonight," She said. Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Oh? And what story would that be?", He inquired. Hermione only laughed.

"Why, only the best story there is. Two longtime friends who become forever lovers. I have to say Rose adores it, though Hugo isn't very partial towards it."

Harry laughed. She could always make him laugh. He kissed her again. This time, they deepened the kiss, backwardly moving towards the couch. The kisses became more frantic, more passionate. Hermione ran her fingers through his hair while touched her face with one hand and fumbled with her blouse with the other. It wasn't long before the had ridden themselves of their clothing and had taken refuge under the covers.

Yes, this was their night, their night every week. Their night of passion, of admiring of one another, but most of all, love. Their night of love.

This was Ron's favorite night. Their night. The night where he "worked late" and Hermione stayed home with the children. The night where he and Luna could be together, together as one. He waited for this night all week, every week. He did admit to himself that he felt guilt when it came to Hermione. Heaven knows that he loves her, but he's just not in love with her anymore. She would always be one of his best friends. Many times he wondered if Luna felt any guilt, but he could see it in her eyes whenever the topic came into discussion. However, something told both of them that it would all be okay, and that was enough for them.

Ron ran a hand through his fiery hair. Luna was fifteen minutes late. It wasn't like her to be late, not on their night. Ron assured himself that she was probably caught up in the floo network, or that she had delved into her writings of some nonexistant creatures. Ron smiled. He loved her curiosity and her drive to find these creatures. He loved her.

"Ronald, I'm here!", Luna's voice suddenly came into his mind. He looked towards the fire place, and sure enough, there she was, standing in her unique beauty. She had her long, blond hair down, like always. Her blue eyes sparkled and her mouth curved into a dreamy smile. She was wearing her turnip earrings, the earrings that Ron had come to adore. She looked wonderful.
Her voice interrupted his mind once again.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I was caught up in some new articles in The Quibbler," Luna said. Ron just smiled. Luna began to speak again, but Ron had been patient enough. He smoothly closed the gap between them and sealed it with a firm but loving kiss. Luna seemed to melt in his arms. She tossed her bag onto the ground, where various objects rolled out, covering the floor. Neither one of them cared.

Ron pulled off his robes and threw them into a heap in the corner. Luna then began to unbutton Ron's shirt. He ran his fingers through her soft hair.

"Oh, Ronald...", Luna murmured. Ron loved it when she did that. He planted small kisses around her face before she captured his mouth again. They moved towards Ron's desk. Ron pushed all of his supplies off of it and laid Luna on top of the wooden desk. She was radiant. He kissed her more deeply this time, lingering before and after each intake of breath. It wasn't long before all of their clothing had ended up in the same corner as Ron's robes. It was their night, and neither Luna nor Ron ever wanted it to end.


Ginny was never the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she always prided herself when this night came around. It hadn't taken her long to realize what was going on between Harry and Hermione. It would explain why she alone took the children to her mother. It would also explain why whenever Harry came, Hermione came too. When she first figured it out, she was somewhat hurt. Not because Harry was with Hermione, but because they felt like they couldn't tell her the truth. It was common knowledge that Harry and Hermione had sparks between them, and she didn't understand why they felt they had to lie to her. She also suspected Ron and Luna where hiding something from everyone. She wouldn't be surprised if it were true. It would explain why Harry and Hermione were never caught. Ginny sighed.

Although Harry and Hermione and Ron and Luna were together every Thursday, Ginny was much less angry than she could have been. Mostly because she was cheating as well. It wasn't very far into her marriage with Harry that she realized that she didn't really love him. Of course, she did love him, but she wasn't in love with him. She knew that she had never known him as just Harry, only as The-Boy-Who-Lived. When that realization hit her, it hit her hard. Ginny didn't know what to do at first. But soon, she came to understand everything. She made the same decision that she assumed Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Luna seemed to have made. They wouldn't tell anyone, they wouldn't rock the boat. They would keep it all together for the children. Ginny couldn't agree more. And it wasn't only because she sympathized with all of them. It was because she had never forgotten who she really cared for in her heart. It didn't take her long to convince him to be her lover. She knew that he loved her back, and she also knew that he would apparate into her home any minute.

It wasn't ten seconds after that thought crossed Ginny's mind that Neville appeared directly in front of her.

"Have you been waiting long, love?", Nevilled asked. Ginny adored it when he called her 'love'.

"No, I haven't. I arrived home about an hour and a half ago from visiting mum. It took almost all of that time to get the children ready for bed," Ginny replied. She could tell what Neville was thinking.

"Don't worry, Neville, they're fast asleep."

Neville smiled the goofy grin that Ginny adored. He walked over to her and sat down next to her on the couch. Ginny's long red hair and her cute freckles entranced him. He loved her so much. They didn't wait around. Ginny climbed on top of Neville and kissed him passionately. Neville took off his robes and began to pull his shirt above his head. Ginny was two steps ahead of him and was working on her skirt. Neville switched positions on the couch so Ginny was beneath him. He kissed her hard, and she kissed him back. Yes, it was the best night of the week. Their night.

It would be another year before the truth officially came out. Surprisingly, no one was angry, but everyone felt guilty for the lies. However, it didn't take long for them to get over it. They had gone through divorces so that they could re-marry their true loves. It was a small ceremony involving only a small amount of friends, family, and one preacher. It made it all the more interesting due to the fact that it was a triple wedding. Needless to say, many gifts were given and received. Surprisingly, the children adapted fairly well, and because of the closeness that they all shared before the new marriages, the children had little trouble moving into the new homes. Moreover, it helped that they were away at Hogwarts for most of the year.

So, Harry and Hermione Potter, Ron and Luna Weasley, and Neville and Ginny Longbottom finally found their better halves. They currently live in homes on the same street. It was the night that brought them together in the most perfect ways. It was their night of love.

-->