Unofficial Portkey Archive

Overdue Books by madscientist
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Overdue Books

madscientist

A/N: This little ficlet is set sometime in the Circle universe, I'll let ya'll figure out when :) . And yeah, it's NC-17 for a reason, and no, I don't really own anything cause if I did...DH would have been like 1200 pages and would have had a battle that would have lasted like 5 chapters...I'm just saying...

Overdue Books

The vast Library at Hogwarts was abandoned this late at night, with only a single soul populating its vast reaches. Veritable squadrons of books fluttered here and there, reshelving themselves and sorting into entirely new arrangements, noted only by the floating clipboards and quills moving through the twenty-foot-high stacks.

The single occupant, a lithe young woman, with huge chocolate eyes walked through the stacks, the books moving around her except for a three-foot stack floating obediently along behind her, occasionally picking out a book, opening it for a instant or two, and tossing it over her shoulder to join the stack, or just letting go of it, to float back to its place. She moved cat-like, her bare feet silent on the magically warmed and softened stone floors. Her shoes had been abandoned an hour ago in her lonely vigil, with only the errant thought that she had, perhaps, been friends with a certain blonde seer a tad too long.

Even though she was Head Girl of this vast castle, second only to the embattled Headmistress, the uniform shirt she wore was old and slightly tattered around the edges, only a comfortable garment of convenience and a reminder of simpler times when she did not have to worry every single day. Times when her greatest worry was that her best friend might slip from his broom to the pitch a hundred feet below instead of fretting that a sudden green flash would take away everything she loved in this world.

She stopped at a faint noise, and the briefest smirk might have crooked her lips, before stepping down an aisle even deeper into the depths of the immense room. Her black skirt swished like the tail of a hunting cat, as she moved down further into the stacks, occasionally pausing in front of a shelf in search of some small tidbit, some vital datum, that might prolong her best friend's existence, just a single breath more.

Stopping, she pulled Dark Artifacts and You; Volume 5; Removing Curses, Memories, and Possessions from a tall shelf, having rise on her toes enough to expose a bare strip of skin at the small of her back. She reached back absently with her free hand to pull her shirt back down as she opened the book and started to read. She read a long paragraph, frowned thoughtfully, and added it to the growing pile still floating at her beck and call.

Another book caught her eye from across the aisle and she turned and bent to get it. "Oh, that's where that went," she mused quietly as she turned to her pile, placing Coital Thaumaturgy in the center of the stack.

Hermione felt all of her breath escape her at once, as she crashed back against a tall bookshelf. Heavy tomes rained down, magically missing her to each side as she felt invisible fingers reach up to pull loose the leather thong holding her hair into a tail and letting it fall free. A second later they continued down to sweep long, unbound hair out of her face and then warm lips bushed hers.

A faint, almost invisible, outline appeared before her eyes for instant, before it vanished in a rush of color as her senses overloaded from the magic that suddenly flooded her nerves. A quiet whimper escaped as the lips left hers, and started down the long, exposed column of her neck and paused at her pulse. Teeth bit down lightly, and she cried out, her entire body shaking as an unseen hand, the touch familiar, reached down to her left knee and slowly brought it up, pressing her thigh against her invisible...visitor.

The fingers trailed up over her knee and headed upward, square-cut nails dragging lightly along smooth skin and causing goosebumps to erupt over every exposed inch of skin. They only paused for a split heartbeat as they encountered satin, and slid past to the treasure the cloth had been guarding. Hermione gasped, and arched forward, only to stop as if she had hit something.

Three long fingers started to stroke her kittie and she bit her lower lip, trying not to cry out. "No one is here," a soft baritone whispered in her ear and let out a groan as the middle finger teasing her slowly entered her, moving in time with its friends, "you can make all the noise you want, Love."

"W...want to...s...seee...y...you," she sputtered as his thumb joined his fingers, and started to stroke a hard, small nubbin. Tattered threads of a thousand spells tumbled through her befuddled mind; before she managed to concentrate just enough to ask the magic to do what she wished.

Slowly, from top to bottom, a young man appeared, his shaggy black hair nearly covering glasses that were glowing from the faint light from his eyes, a viridian glow unlike the yellowish light that sparsely populated the library. "Spoilsport," he breathed in her ear as he stroked her faster, before he slowly removed his hand and brought it up to her lips.

His own breathing nearly failed as she licked her lips and slowly sucked the longest finger in, her tongue rolling around it as she cleaned it and gradually pulled back her head. She smirked, only to groan as he leaned back forward and his lips sucked lightly behind one ear, sending her rocking against his thigh. Lips and teeth lightly traced a trail downward, her blouse parting before them as if by magic as he reached the valley between her breasts.

He stopped as he did almost every time, even their first time, hurried as that night was, and kissed the four-inch scar between them, shaped almost identically to the one darkening his own forehead. He looked up into smiling brown eyes that were even now starting to sparkle with a flickering inner glow, "Thank you."

"Oh, Harry," she sighed and bent her head down to press her lips to the top of his head.

She tightened her fingers in his hair, as he moved his lips to the side, and took a nipple lightly between his lips and started to swirl it with his tongue. Shuddering, Hermione arched back hard against the shelf, sending more books crashing to the floor. "H...Harrryyy."

A smug grin, and he continued downward, kissing his way to her belly button and stopping long enough to flick his tongue in the indentation. "Yes?" he replied, his breath hot against her taut belly and continued downward until his lips rested just above the hip-riding waistband of her skirt.

Hermione paused to gather enough breath, "L...Love you."

"I know." He let his weight settle on his knees as both of his hands slipped down from her hips, and slipped up under her skirt. They tangled in the sides of her knickers and slowly pulled them down her thighs. They emerged from the hem of her skirt, to reveal an emerald scrap of fabric, colored dark with her readiness, before he slid them down to her ankles and peeled them off her ankles one, by one. Looking up, he gestured with two fingers and her shirt slipped from her shoulders, pinned from falling to the floor only by her back pressed to the bookshelf.

Harry picked up the knickers, ones that she had tortured him with by buying them only a month before on a rare, peaceful day out in Muggle London. He exaggeratedly sniffed the front and then slipped them into a leg pocket of the cargos he was wearing, "Later for these, I think." Leaning forward, he kissed the inside of her knee, and started back upward, his lips dragging along baby-smooth skin.

Hermione's heartbeat raced, as every light caress of his lips only served to send a shudder down her spine. She cried out as he kissed her center, his tongue teasing her for a drawn out moment. He grinned, pressing a kiss to her inner thigh, and returned to his task with a purpose. Her fingers tangled in his hair, the ring on her left hand pulling at his hair, though neither really noticed as she held him in place.

Oh...Harry, she whispered, her thoughts unfocused as he brought his right hand up to slip a finger and then a second into her, as his tongue swirled around the tiny, hard nubbin just a bit higher from where he was slowly working her. She started to pant quietly, her soft moans falling away as she felt her stomach tighten. Her eyes rolled up in the back of her head, showing only white, and a thin slice of glowing green before her lids fluttered closed.

"J...u...st...l...ike...t...that," she sputtered and then fell silent, as she started to vibrate, shaking against him, and sending still more books tumbling to the ground. Soft sparkles of magic started to crackle in her hair as it lifted on an unfelt wind. The warm pool in her belly began to spill, racing out to her toes. "Harryyyyy," Hermione cried and arched forward as the world vanished in a rush of color. Her hair fell forward to cover his head, as she bent nearly double, letting all of her weight fall onto his shoulders.

Small quakes continued to dance along her nerves as the world faded back into view, and she leaned back against the scarred wood of the shelves, her chest heaving.

Harry slowly rocked back to his feet and took in the view, his eyes flicking down to her chest as it moved up and down tantalizingly, and her skirt hiked up around her hips. He groaned as she licked her lips, and reached forward to tangle her hands in his shirt.

Her head fell to one side as she pulled him close. His lips crashed to hers, and she groaned, grinding into him at her taste on his lips and tongue. The hard budge in his cargos ground almost painfully into her belly, and she pulled back, lungs heaving for air as she let her eyes flit downward, and her hand came up to stroke him through the fabric.

"D...damn it, Mione," he breathed in her ear, only to receive a faint, happy chuckle.

"You started it, Love," Hermione started to nibble on her lower lip, a trait that he privately found rather endearing, and played her fingers over his cheek. Her eyes flicked to each side and a sly grin grew as she found dozens of books scattered about, several of which were flopping their covers listlessly like a flock of exhausted, leather and parchment birds, "You are such a bad influence on me."

He just kissed her again, pressing her hard into the now-bare shelves. Hips rocking into her, she brought one shapely leg up around his waist, and hoisted herself up, as she undid his belt, and pulled at his fly until his pants hung barely on his hips. A quick push and they, along with a pair of black boxers with a small golden snitch that fled from her hand, fell to the floor.

Grinning, Harry pulled back a step, and she whined quietly, as her leg fell to the floor, and he stepped out of his pants. A quick move forward and Harry spun her in place, pressing her chest to the shelves as he pulled his shirt off with one quick jerk, sending his glasses flying before he draped his chest over her back and pulled her tight into him with an arm low around her belly. .

Hermione whimpered again and worked her bum back, until she could feel him hard between the join of her thighs. She turned her head to the side, and met his lips as she lifted on her toes, and she reached down to guide him home. A faint, contented cry escaped, and stars filled her vision as she almost came undone once more. "Fuck me, Harry," she whispered throatily, and kissed him hard, her teeth almost drawing blood as she pinched his lip between them.

Not replying in words, he started to rock in and out, each thrust press shaking the shelves as Hermione braced herself with both hands. Her head fell back onto his shoulder as she let go with one arm, and reached up and back to cradle the back of his head, holding him there. Her belly started to warm, replacing the needful ache that he was starting to drive away.

"Oh..." Harry whispered as he moved into her faster, matching her hips as she moved into him, grinding back as he moved forward, falling into a long, practiced rhythm. Letting her continue to hold on for dear life, he let his hand slip down her belly, fingers tracing the lines of her stomach, and to lightly touch just above where they were joined.

A loud yip, and Hermione panted, her head flopping forward as his chin came to rest on her shoulder. Droplets of moisture fell from his hairline onto her shimmering skin, joining with her own sweat and trailing down her neck to travel in a long rivulet down between her breasts. "F...faster...f...fuck..." Long lines of fire raced from his fingers out to her very extremities, as the world swirled and gradually, another set of sensations overlaid her own, as two heartbeats merged and barriers, already nearly nonexistent fell away.

A flurry of half seen images filled two minds, as stomachs tightened, and backs tingled. Hermione distantly felt her legs start to tremble, her nerves overloading as a sense of completeness, hers or his, it really did not matter, settled over her soul. A flash of a twelve-year-old version of herself, impossibly beautiful to her own disbelieving mind, dashed across their link, and she moaned as his emotions merged with hers.

Harry shook his head, tossing his hair out of his eyes, and moved even faster, his thrusts becoming arrhythmic as his belly tightened, his legs shook, and his heart threatened to beat out of his chest.

An ethereal sound, filled his ears, a sound that he had first heard second year under much, much more...unpleasant circumstances, and the books around them rose back up into the air, and started to spin about.

Oh...M...Mione...he whispered as she let one hand fall to join his and moved his fingers faster, guiding him as she raced towards the edge. I'm...gonnna....he groaned as he fought to keep from letting go.

She turned her head, and kissed him, pushing her tongue past unresisting lips, G...go...a...ahead...

Harry stiffened against her back, "Hermi...on...eeee..." He let go in an instant, spurting warmth deep within her as he collapsed against her back as the world grayed out, narrowing only to the bright spot in his mind that was always there.

The books that had been floating nearby exploded outward to crash into shelves as she followed, a visible pulse of magic racing from them both as the sensation of him letting go within her sent her over the edge, following him as she would follow him anywhere. She tightened around him, milking him almost painfully, as he continued rock into her spastically. "Oh...God...Harrryyyy!" The world fell away, a rainbow wash of light and sound her only world as she fell forward into the shelves, her arm no longer able to hold them upright.

Sound returned first, the loud, to their ears, sound of their harsh pants, before their eyes decided to work once more. With a thought, one of them dismissed the magic that had managed to keep them on their feet, and they staggered back together to crash tiredly into the shelf behind them. Joined left hands gave each other a squeeze and tiny sparkles of light danced between the matching bands on their fingers.

Hermione let her head roll forward on her neck, her long, now-sodden, locks falling forward to hide her face except for a bright emerald glow shining through the dark curtain. Relying on him to hold her up, she let her head flop backwards onto his shoulder, and waved one hand weakly towards their abandoned clothing on the floor of the aisle.

A soft glow outlined the clothes, and they raced together, to meld into a multi-colored pile of cushions. Turning enough to kiss him again, she took his hand and took the three steps to the cushions, and dropped onto them, rolling onto her back and looking up at him longingly.

She brought her knees up, still keeping her feet on the floor, and spreading her legs as she beckoned with one finger, "Come here, Harry."

Harry obliged, falling to his knees between her legs and then forward, letting his weight settle on his hands as he kissed her, starting yet another friendly battle of dominance between open mouths, that only parted briefly for air, before rushing into the fray once more.

Hermione smirked as she felt something poke her inner thigh, "Is little Harry ready to play again? It takes you so long."

"Not everyone is as insatiable as you...witch," he added, grinning.

"Don't you forget it, Potter," she replied, tangling the fingers of one hand into his hair, as she guided him into her with the other-

Hermione opened her eyes as some soft, familiar sound called to her pulling her from her dreams. She lay motionless in bed for a long, silent minute; the only sound that of the quiet breathing of the dark-haired figure lying more or less beneath her. Moonlight lit the room, casting the scene a pale blue, as she let herself luxuriate in watching the movement of his chest rising and falling in time with her own, even in sleep.

The faint sound came to her again, and she carefully disentangled her limbs from his with a tiny sigh, and slid to the edge of the bed, a rather far distance, as despite the ample room in it, they never slept at greater than touching distance. Reaching up, she swept her hair back out of her eyes, and bent forward to grab a t-shirt of Harry's from the floor, before pulling it on and standing up as the sound carried again, a quiet querulous sound.

The floor, as was more or less normal, was sparsely littered with discarded clothing, that she stepped around or over on the way to the window and a dark, oak contrivance set next to it. She shook her head, ignoring at least for now, Harry's minor vice-though she had definitely contributed to it on occasion-and waved her hand, sending the clothes racing towards an open hamper in one corner.

None of that mattered, however, especially not as she reached the window and looked down, into the oak crib that had been rescued from the ruins of this very house and refinished, to hold cargo more precious than any other. A soft, smile greeted the emerald-eyed baby girl that looked back up at her, her jet-black hair already grown to an unruly obsidian halo that glinted blue in the moonlight. Pudgy arms reached up for her, as the emerald eyes squinted slightly and Hermione leaned down, collecting the infant and tucking her securely into her chest. "You are supposed to be sleeping through the night, Emilia Luna," Hermione murmured to her daughter, only to receive what she swore was a sly grin in return.

Sighing faintly, Hermione spun and walked back over towards the bed, before she laid down on it, laying Emilia down next to Harry with all the exquisite care of a still-new mother. Hermione climbed in after, protectively curling around her daughter, and just coincidentally trapping the infant between her and Harry.

Hermione glanced over at Harry, smiling as he partially rolled towards the bright presences he could feel next to him-all three of them-and she kissed his lips, to the accompaniment of soft, almost giggles, from the six-month-old. "We need to be quiet," Hermione muttered to Emilia, looking at the girl from only a few inches away. "Your daddy's overworking himself, 'cause he wants you...and me...and your new brother to be safe. Honestly, he's rather overprotective of us," she reached up to stroke Harry's stubble-darkened cheek, "but he wouldn't be...Harry, if he didn't. He could let me at least investigate in the field...it's not like I'm an invalid...just because I'm sprogged up again."

Hermione watched Harry sleep another minute as Emilia sat silently, listening to her mother's voice, "But I do understand. We are what he has in this world...the prize that he really deserved after beating Tom. Not that women are prizes to be won in any sense of the word, Emilia..." Hermione almost laughed as she heard her own words to her daughter, before curling more tightly around her, to kiss the little girl's head, "You know you really are lucky, Em. Not in the sense that a lot of your peers will think when you get older, in that your dad, and by association you, are rich. That you are going to be smart and beautiful, and that I am going to make sure that you know it, not like me...You are going to be lucky, because you have the best daddy in the whole world. And I guess I'll be an alright mummy."

Emilia cooed something in return and rolled over into Hermione, snuggling as Hermione started to gently pick at Emilia's bushy hair. A soft sound of discontent came from Em and Hermione pulled her hand back, "Sorry, Love," she kissed the offending tangle, "you have about seventeen years until that starts to get under control." Emilia gurgled, and nuzzled at her mother's chest, before settling back down.

Stroking the child's hair, Hermione glanced up as Harry groaned and rolled onto his side facing them as his eyes eased open. Alright there, Mione? he asked, with sleep evident even in his 'voice'.

She only leaned forward to kiss him over the top of her once-again sleeping daughter, Never better, Harry. She snuggled her head under his chin, tucking Emilia into the pocket made by their bodies. I...we love you, Harry.

Yeah, he muttered back, pressing his lips to the crown of her hair as his arm came up to cradle both of his girls, I do too, all three of you.

A/N: Ok, at the end there, Hermione is supposed to be like around 3 mos along with Sirius, with Em six months old. You all wanted more Library smut....


Built by Text2Html