Unofficial Portkey Archive

Rose Weasley. Or was it Potter? by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Rose Weasley. Or was it Potter?

Harry85

Disclaimer: Nope, not mine. You really think I'd have gone with OBHWF?

A/N: So, this is my response to the challenge "The truth about Rose Weasley" by leochick. It can be found here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26447 I hope you'll enjoy the story, and as usual let me know what you think of it, ok? Reviews help me improve, if there's constructive criticism in them. It starts before the epilogue, but it still follows what's portrayed there at first. Just so you know.

Rose Weasley. Or Was it Potter?

Chapter Two: Many Years Later

Harry Potter was satisfied. The hunt for the few Death Eaters still around was heading toward its end, with the arrest of Antonin Dolohov and his three cronies. Now they just had to find Bellatrix and her husband, and then they would be done.

It had taken them more than thirty years, but the end of the Death Eater menace was close now.

Harry was now sitting in first row in the trial for the four Dark Wizards. The first to be judged would be Dolohov.

The black haired man had no doubt of the result of the trial, but it still had to be done. So he looked up at his best friend of so many years now, Hermione Granger, who was going to prosecute the trials, and smiled reassuringly at her. She was the best, and would assure that those four got what they deserved. Which was no less that a life sentence to Azkaban.

She smiled back, then gathered her parchments and soon the trial started.

Harry listened attentively to the accuses, and was not surprised to hear Dolohov confirm all of them and declare himself proud of bearing the Dark Mark.

It was a matter of minutes, really, before the man was lead away by an Auror and sent to Azkaban with a pair of special handcuffs. Harry knew that it wasn't the first time he was sent there so he mused that he might even find himself in his old cell. Not that it mattered, they were all the same, after all.

Then the three minions were judged. Harry had to listen to the pathetic excuses of the first two of them, claiming to be under Imperius, or threatened, and such.

"It's always the same bullshit" he thought while glaring at them. Hermione must have thought the same, because she was unfazed by them, and the rest of the Wizengamot voted for them to be sentenced to spend the rest of their lives in Azkaban after Legilimency proved their excuses to be lies.

Then it was the time for the last arrest to be judged. The brown haired man, with blue cold eyes, looked defiantly up to the Wizengamot members, sneering even in his condition. Harry rolled his eyes, thinking he would be a quick matter if he was going to be so proud of his actions like Dolohov had been.

Hermione started firing her accuses, and the suspect still looked almost bored. When the brunette finished her speech and asked for him too a life sentence in Azkaban, the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot asked the prisoner if he had something to say about the accuses.

"I'm ashamed that I couldn't do more" was his cold reply, and uproar started in the room. As Harry had guessed, it took a total of three minutes to get him condemned to the Wizarding prison for the rest of his life. A shame, really, as the lad must have been not older than twenty-two.

Just as the Auror was escorting him to the corner of the room where he would apply the Portkey handcuffs to him, the suspect wrestled him, taking the man by surprise, and managing to snatch the wand away.

Harry bolted from his seat and ran toward the suspect to avoid his escape, but the man seemed to know he would never make it out of the room. He was scanning the room for a possible target though.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry cried, to disarm him, but the guy was quicker.

"Incideo!"

An orange beam shot from the wand and collided with no one else than Hermione, who fell to the floor with a soft "Oh", then she paled, quickly losing consciousness.

She barely heard Harry Stun the thug before the world went black.

--

The raven haired wizard was sitting in front o f a closed door in the St. Mungo's hospital.

"Uncle Harry!" a voice startled him.

He looked up, and smiled.

"Hi, Rose" he said. Rose Weasley, or better Rose Lupin now that she was married to Teddy, was an Healer there at the Wizarding Hospital.

"I've heard there's an emergency" she said, business-like, and Harry was terribly reminded of Hermione, who would never let something distract her from the task at hand. Hermione, who was now fighting between life and death, because he had been too slow to react.

"There is one, yes" he wearily said.

"I'm going to see what I can do to help then" Rose said, not knowing who the injured was yet. When she found out, Harry could hear her arguing with some other Healer.

"I'm more than capable to help!" she protested.

"But you're too emotionally involved, Rose. You know the rules" someone who must have been older and used to situations like this calmly stated.

"But…"

"No buts. Now go outside and wait patiently. We will let you know soon if there are news"

Moments later a defeated Rose came to sit near Harry.

"I'm so sorry, Rose. It's my fault, I was too slow to react…" he said, then proceeded to tell her what had happened at the Ministry.

"Of course it's not your fault, Uncle Harry" the young woman said, hugging him. "You couldn't know that he would have done something like that"

Harry knew deep down that she was right, still he couldn't stop himself for feeling guilty.

"She's going to be ok, Rose" he said. "I just know she will" he soothingly said, pulling her close and hugging her tightly once more.

She shakily smiled against his chest. "Mum is tough, I know that" she commented, and both chuckled. Then, Harry released her from the embrace.

"Harry! Rose!" a third voice startled them both few minutes later, when the two of them were silent and lost in their own thoughts.

Looking to their left, they took in the form of Teddy Lupin, with his and Rose's daughter Julie in his arms.

"Is that true? Has Hermione been hurt?" the young man asked, his hair growing darker with worry, he was a Metamorphmagus after all, when they both nodded, quite sombrely.

"We still don't know anything" Harry said, and exactly at that moment the door of the room opened.

"Mr. Potter" the Healer called him. Harry stood up, and Rose followed too.

"Miss Granger is going to be ok. She has suffered a myriad of internal wounds from that curse, and she would have died if not cured promptly, but we managed to stop the advancing of the curse. She's stabilized now, and she's resting, but I reckon she will make a complete recover in some days time, hopefully. There's still some risk, which is why we are monitoring her and not allowing visitors for a few hours at least, but I'm overall optimistic on her situation"

Both Harry and Rose let out a breath they didn't even realize they were holding, and thanked the Healer, then returned to sit with Teddy and little Julie.

"She's probably going to be ok" Harry said, and Teddy's hair returned the dark brown it usually was, as relief washed over him. The young man had always had a particular liking for Hermione, Harry mused as he watched him rock his baby daughter.

Soon, Rose got restless, and went to her husband to take the child from him, trying to busy herself with doing something till they were allowed to visit Hermione.

Harry could easily relate, and he stood there, a fond smile on his lips, as he watched her cooing to the baby, trying to make her fall asleep, and gently rocking her.

As Rose looked up, and met Harry's eyes, something clicked in her brain. She looked down at the green eyes of her daughter, then up again at Harry's and was shocked to realize they were exactly the same.

"Uncle Harry…"

-->