Unofficial Portkey Archive

Moments From the Past by Marauders__x
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Moments From the Past

Marauders__x

DISCLAIMER- JKR OWNS HP.

Author's Note: Is down below!

Chapter One: Oh the Questions, Sheila

===================================================================================

The people that came before all of us now left us clues, hints, anything from the past. Those people left us history to find and reveal to the whole entire world what it truly means and what it truly meant to them. But in this case, this type of history isn't like any other kind of history you hear everyday … unless if you're a witch or wizard that is. The magical world has few books on this certain account that is about to be re-happening all over again. Of course, only a certain someone knows very well how it all began and now is about to let every single person know in the magical world how it all it started.

This whole journey that's about to start takes place none other than London itself. Nearly midnight almost as the hands of the Big Ben move slowly towards the twelve. Nothing is rustling through the streets or down hidden alleyways, but a young man, late-twenties, was wide awake in his hotel suite that he booked the other day. His green, piercing eyes were looking outside of the window where a street lamp was lit still. He sighed heavily and his mind went racing through thoughts he hadn't thought of in so long.

Pictures of his dearest friends raced in his mind. That smirk on his redheaded friend made him full of jokes and smart remarks and those beautiful chocolate, brown eyes that glimmered when his other dearest friend had succeeded in her studies. Oh how he wished he could just look through them one more time.

"That was ten years ago, Harry. Ten long years ago," he muttered to himself.

The war had been fought back then when Voldemort was still up in power. Harry was grateful that it was now all over, but not seeing anyone at all after that broke his heart. Kingsley had no right to shun him away from everything he loved.

"It's for the good of the people, Potter."

He could just hear those words being said in his mind and it made him frustrated. How was it supposed to be good for the people? He wasn't at a high risk anymore to society or anyone else!

"To hell with the Ministry," Harry muttered, releasing a heavy sigh again and turned over in his bed.

Harry closed his eyes and got comfortable beneath the sheets when all of a sudden, the phone rang quite loudly and this made him sit straight up in bed. Slowly he looked over at the phone and wished he didn't put the extra 10 pounds for the wake-up call he wanted in the mornings. But it was hardly the morning yet, so … who was calling?

Harry picked up the phone and brought up to his ear to hear who the mysterious caller was.

"Hello?"

"Is this Suite 340?" the voice on the other end asked.

Harry turned on the lamp that was on the nightstand and looked at the keycard he had for the room.

"Yes, this is Suite 340. May I ask who's calling at this time?"

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but someone apparently wants to see you."

His face possessed a confused expression. Who wanted him now at midnight?

"Can you first answer my question? May I ask who's calling me at midnight?"

"I'm sorry for not answering, but I'm the hotel manager."

"And what brings you to call my suite at this time?"

"There's a person down here wondering if you could come down for a moment."

"Do you have any identification who this person is exactly?"

"All I can say is that it's a woman wanting to see you."

Harry looked over at the clock that was now reading 12:04 AM. He sighed quietly and picked up his glasses from the nightstand. He might as well get this over with and see what the problem was.

"Whoever it is, tell them to give me a few minutes to get down there."

From there, Harry placed the phone down on the receiver and he swung his legs over the bed. He made his way towards a chair where he had the clothes he had on a few hours ago. He slipped into his pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and over that he put his suit jacket to make him look like he seemed a bit sophisticated. He tied on his shoes and quickly made his way out of the suite with his keycard and his wand just in case.

Back down in the lobby, a woman stood near the desk talking to the manager that had just called Suite 340. She had on a work suit with matching heels to go along. She looked like she meant business and from just seeing her talking with the manager, it meant business, but not the Muggle type.

"So he's coming down then?" she asked once again.

The manager sighed heavily and gave her a dirty look from behind the desk.

"Yes," he said forcefully, "He's coming. "

The manager felt like kicking her out of his hotel now that she was being a nuisance. She had been asking the same question for nearly 5 minutes now, ever since the manager had placed the phone down.

"May I ask you something?"

The woman tapped her fingers impatiently on top of the front desk as she waited for the man he called to come down. The sudden question he asked made her look over at him.

"Where are you from exactly? Company wise, I mean."

"That's none of your business to know."

The manager was slightly taken aback from her comment. Something is up, he thought.

Harry finally made his way down the hallway where the lower rooms were located and opened up a door, making him step into the main lobby. He looked over at the desk as he saw the manager and the person who apparently needed him at this time. He walked over there casually and smiled when he reached the desk.

"May I help you?" the manager asked.

"You called me up in Suite 340 because I needed to see someone at this particular time."

"Oh yes, yes, right. This woman over here has wanted to see you now for a bit," he said and gave her a look that had the word annoyed all over it.

The woman who was standing there slightly smiled over at the figure standing before her. Quickly the smiled disappeared as the man looked over at her. Thankfully she was disguised and no one could tell who she was. It was part of the whole plan that the headquarters wanted her to do.

"Please follow me," she said and Harry looked over at the manager and then began to follow her.

Both of them exited out of the hotel rather quickly. The woman grasped his arm and pulled him over on the side.

"Listen to me closely, Harry," she whispered and stared straight up into his green eyes that were wondering what was happening.

"How do you know my name?" he asked suspiciously.

"Trust me, I'll explain everything later. I'm sorry this is on such short notice, but you were supposed to receive a letter yesterday that I was supposed to be coming for you tonight."

"You were supposed to come and get me?"

She simply nodded and still held onto his arm, hoping he wouldn't run away from her.

"For what reason? I don't even know who you are."

The woman gently released the grip she had on his arm and stepped away from him a little. Harry looked at her as she did this and stepped a little towards her again.

"Who are you?" he asked gently.

She looked away from his face and crossed her arms across her chest, feeling defeated.

"I can't say yet who I am," she said softly and Harry stepped even closer to her then before.

"Well it would be a lot of help to know who's kidnapping me," he whispered and the woman turned around with a small frown upon her face.

Dark blue eyes were staring into green.

"As I said before, I'll explain everything later."

The woman took a hold of his arm again and both of them started walking towards a car parked across the street from the hotel.

"You have to listen to me from now till we get to the headquarters where I'm about to take you. Something's happened and the people who work with me knew that if we had you alongside everything would be much easier to solve."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked confused as he opened the passenger seat door and slipped inside, closing the door behind him.

The woman turned on the car and turned quickly into the street.

"Do you remember Voldemort?"

"Obviously," he said still looking at her as she drove. "But what's he got to do with this? He's dead."

"He is dead, we know that, but have you ever heard of some sort of legend about him?"

Harry pondered if there was anything. Through his journey to defeat him, he only left a series of locks to destroy. His memory though wasn't that great anymore. After being away from the subject of Voldemort, it felt like he lost half the information he knew about him.

"I don't know about a legend, but - "

The woman slammed on the breaks and both of them almost flew towards the front of the car.

"Dammit, move!"

Harry looked at the car in front of them and noticed how there was a whole line of traffic in front of it.

Do people really go out this late for a drive?

"Sorry about that," she said, apologizing. "What were you saying again?"

"I said I don't know for sure if I heard of a legend behind his story. All I know was that there was a prophecy involved."

"Has anyone ever told you that that prophecy holds another meaning? A meaning that can unlock the darkest of magic just to have answers to history?"

"What?" Harry said completely confused. "What are you ranting about?"

The woman sighed heavily and honked the horn as the cars weren't moving at all in front of them.

"Have you ever heard of `Dark Pro of Merry'?"

"'Dark Pro of Merry'," Harry repeated to himself quietly and just stared into space.

The woman looked over at him to see any sort of reaction, but nothing seemed to hit him.

"So you don't know it?"

Harry ran a hand through his messed up hair and looked out the window trying to think who in the world had said those words before.

"Someone said those words before … a long time ago actually."

"Do you remember who?"

The figure of a witch flowed through his mind. She was underneath his cloak with him walking through the Restricted Section up in the library at Hogwarts. He closed his eyes and saw when she opened up the book. Mistakenly she had crossed over those words.

"Yes," Harry said softly and looked over at the woman.

The woman smiled slightly and quickly looked over at Harry as she began to drive again at a decent speed.

"Why are you smiling?"

The woman shook her head and stopped at a red light. She looked over at him and patted his shoulder gently.

"Because I think you may know that specific someone whom we're about to go actually."

"But I didn't even tell you the name of who it was."

The woman started the car up again and turned a corner sharply. "Oh trust me, I think I do know."

Harry was taken aback by this. Whatever he was getting into involved loads of magic history it seemed like. If only he could remember that night up in the school library what those words meant. He sighed and just stared out of the car window as the many shops passed by.

"If you think you know everything then tell me who you think it is that I'm thinking about. Go on, I'd love to hear your crazy answer."

She looked over at him and smirked.

"Like I'm going to tell you who you're thinking about."

"It's a 50/50 chance, you know. Besides, I'm being kidnapped by someone I don't even know at all, and that's you, and second of all, I'm being taken somewhere that I don't even know of. I think I should have a right to ask questions."

She sighed heavily and turned another corner, bringing the car onto the side of the street to park.

"What if I show you?"

"Show me the person?"

She nodded and got out of the car, taking her keys.

"Though I doubt she'll be in till tomorrow morning. Another agent is getting her."

Harry closed the passenger door and he looked at her with almost a horror struck face. She knew exactly who he was mentioning. It freaked him out a little seeing as she knew this.

Maybe it's what her people told her or something. Yeah, that has to be it.

"Come on, Harry," she said as she stepped into a store, holding the door open for him.

Harry quickly caught up with her and stepped inside the store himself.

"Are you sure this is alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - "

Harry was now completely falling in mid-air. He tried to grab his wand to see where the hell he was. He remembered placing it inside his coat pocket before he left and checked there to find it wasn't there anymore.

He heard the faint sound of the woman's voice beneath him and a few others. A huge burst of light illuminated from below and he shielded his eyes. He landed with a thud on a rubber mattress and a few bounces after that.

His figure looked all messed up from the fall. His hair was even crazier then before. As he sat up, he tried not to squint too much from how bright the lights were. He put a hand over his eyes and looked around seeing a majority of people in white suits walking around and going to other types of technologies they had.

"You alright, Mr. Potter?"

The lights all of a sudden had dimmed down and he now could see the place better.

A man was hovering over him, middle aged definitely. Spectacles at the tip of his nose and big, gray eyes looking at him.

Harry simply nodded and the man laughed a little.

"Hopefully you can talk can't you?"

"Of course I can talk."

Harry had a helping hand from the man and was now standing up. He brushed the few particles that he had caught from the fall and the man took his hand and shook it thoroughly.

"It's a pleasure meeting you. I'm Professor Benny Lourdes."

"Nice meeting you too, Professor," he said politely with a tiny smile.

"Sheila, where are you?" Benny called out and looked around.

"She did come with you, didn't she?" he asked towards Harry.

"The woman who kidnapped me?"

"Here I am, Professor."

The woman, Sheila her name was, appeared in a different form altogether. She didn't have her blue eyes anymore or dark hair, but gray eyes and brown hair.

"I'm hoping she introduced herself."

Sheila shook her head and Benny shrugged with a sigh. "Well at least did you get the chip installed in the hotel you got him from?"

She nodded and handed him over a tiny radio signal.

"Right at the main desk."

"Oh that's wonderful, darling."

Benny looked over at Harry smiling and then started walking away from him. Sheila grabbed onto Harry's arm and pulled him along as they followed him.

"Professor," Harry began and this made Benny look over his shoulder, "Exactly what in the Merlin's name is going on?"

"Oh Harry, tomorrow will be a new day for questions. You'll thank me tomorrow when you'll see the headlines for the morning news. Sheila, bring him up to one of the rooms where he can sleep at least. Harry, we've got your things from your suite not too long ago after you left so you should find everything there."

"But Professor - "

"Tomorrow morning," Benny said again and waved goodbye as Sheila started to bring Harry up a flight of stairs.

"Use the keycard you have in your pocket to get into your room. It's straight down this hallway and it's the same room number."

Harry looked down the many doors and then back over at her.

"Are you going to be explaining too about this whole thing that's happening? Because no one has answered anything yet to me!"

"You heard what he said, Harry. Plus you'll find tomorrow morning one to enjoy."

Harry sighed heavily and took out the keycard from his pocket. He looked at Sheila and shook his head.

"You could've at least told me your name, you know."

She smirked and patted his shoulder again. "How I was acting towards you was complete acting, except for the questions I had to ask you. It was actually all recorded in the car."

Sheila held up a hand when she saw Harry open up his mouth to talk.

"Tomorrow morning."

From there she left him standing and started going back downstairs. Harry watched her go and looked down the hall where many doors, yet one, awaited him to be opened.

"Alright, let's try to make this seem … not real," he mumbled to himself as he began to walk down the hallway.

All his answers were to be awaited till tomorrow morning where a surprise was being held.

This story is actually one I will enjoy writing a lot. I got the plot from Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. It won't be completely like the book - at least I hope it won't be. I know this is just the first chapter of this story, but please do enjoy it. It's a mix of history, adventure, and along the way finding some love between our favorite characters. ;)

Please tell me what you think so far!

-->