Unofficial Portkey Archive

Moments From the Past by Marauders__x
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Moments From the Past

Marauders__x

DISCLAIMER - JKR OWNS HP.

Chapter Three: Research time!

===================================================================================

Harry had a pleasurable smile as he watched her leave the cafeteria. A sigh escaped from him and he felt so relaxed all of a sudden. Sheila watched from afar as this happened and smiled herself seeing him like this. She knew he never got the joys in life before, but she had something going on through her head that made this whole mission seem worth it in the end.

Sheila walked over to him and took the seat Hermione was in.

"You feeling alright, Harry?" she asked, looking at him with content.

Harry looked at her with the smile still plastered against his face.

"Yeah, I'm … I'm great actually," he said with a small nod.

Sheila looked over at the door and then back at him.

"I'm guessing that was Ms. Granger talking to you then?"

He nodded and looked down at his drink he still had to finish.

"Bet it was nice seeing her again."

"Oh it was wonderful. Remarkable how much she changed," he said softly.

Harry was right. Hermione had grown into something he never knew she would've become. Ever. He knew she was the book worm type and all, but just seeing her now and from how she changed already gave him second thoughts.

"Every man would probably die to get her now," he said softly and looked over at Sheila.

She laughed a little and shook her head.

"Oh Harry, don't think of that. You two are amazing together. If you treat her the way you still do, but with a little more love and everything else that fits in the pot, I'm sure something will spark."

Harry drained down the remains of his orange juice he still had and sighed heavily, looking down now at the empty cup.

"If something like that should happen … wow then."

Sheila laughed again and smiled at Harry.

"You're a good kid, Harry. You're a good kid. Let nothing get to you."

Sheila got up from there and left the cafeteria. She had a feeling if she were going to be around Granger, she was sure she was probably going to get the same exact talk.

Harry himself got up from the table he was sitting at and left the cafeteria, throwing away his trash.

"Focus on the mission, Hermione later," he muttered to himself as he walked down the hallway.

After several hours of Hermione being asleep in her room, Harry had actually been walking around with Professor Benny throughout the whole laboratory. He saw the machines they used to specify things more clearly, the books and facts they had stored, everything was completely out of this world. Harry had never seen anything like it.

"And over here in this department, we have your Mission workers," Benny pointed out as they entered another room exactly like all the other ones.

"I'm guessing the mission workers help the people on the mission," Harry stated in an obvious voice.

"You're half right, Mr. Potter. You see, not only do these people help you out as well, but they also track the information we need from resources to make the mission easier than what it may look like."

"So these people are actually looking up information on Voldemort right now?"

Benny nodded. "Right now they're finding out his past history, going through his family tree and going even further than that."

Harry was surprised. This was definitely going to be interesting, especially about Voldemort.

"Now I know you really don't want to get into this man anymore, but we knew you were the only person who could help us out on this mission."

"It's my pleasure to help, Professor, but what exactly are you trying to find about him? I mean, the guy was pretty much a murderer."

"Yes he was, but what we're looking into more is the prophecy between what happened to you and him and if there's a legend behind the coming."

"How do you know about that?" Harry asked curiously, yet startled.

"Archives," he said simply.

Well I hate the archives now, Harry thought to himself with a grim face.

"We know for a fact that there may be other wizards involved in this legend. Only the greatest had to be buried into this whole mess."

"You mean, before Voldemort was even … born?"

Benny nodded again. "We are really going deep into this."

`Wow', Harry had mouthed out and shook his head slightly.

"Does this legend really matter? I mean -"

"Don't even start with that question, Mr. Potter. You're not going to get far," he said eyeing over at him.

Harry laid off on the questions for now seeing as the ones he wanted answered, he knew Benny wouldn't answer them for him. They were ones where the Professor didn't want to hear because he knew he wouldn't have a reasonable answer to answer them with.

"Oh yes, have you talked to Ms. Granger?"

A smile spread across Harry's face just hearing her name even mentioned.

"Yeah, while I was eating breakfast actually. It was … wonderful seeing her again after so long."

"I'm sure she was probably even more happy to see you."

"I hope she was. I know she's still mad at me for certain things I've done."

"She'll get over them, Harry. Don't worry about it," Benny said with a small smile.

Both of them kept walking on in silence. Benny looked through some papers he had in his hands that he was reading and Harry gazed around the lab as it passed by him.

"Professor?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes?" Benny said, not looking up from the papers.

"Why did you pick me and Hermione to do this and not someone else?"

"I picked you two because you make a good pair together," Benny said finally looking up at him.

"Not just because we were friends or anything, right?"

"Besides that, we read that you two worked fine together as a team. Plus you two know the two main spells that we want you to have mastered anyway."

"And what are they?" Harry asked curiously.

"Charms and Dark Magic obviously," the Professor said with a smile.

Harry sighed heavily and Benny still looked over at him.

"I'm in for quite a ride," Harry stated and Benny laughed.

Hermione on the other hand, finally woke up from her small sleeping session that she had. She couldn't of slept too long because she at least had to sleep tonight as well. She looked over at the clock already reading noon.

"I don't want to be here," she mumbled to herself.

She felt like a captive. She felt imprisoned. But the only person that she was so glad to see was actually back in her life and hopefully would be for eternity.

Just seeing his face again brought her stomach into twist and turns, especially the small fooling around that they had done. A tiny smile formed on her face just thinking about it.

"As long as Harry keeps me sane, I'll be fine," she said to herself as she got out of bed and fixed her clothes she was wearing.

From there she left her room, keycard in her pocket, and started to search for him.

Harry was actually looking through Voldemort's files. He couldn't believe the information they had gotten. Pages and pages, front and back of his life.

"This would've helped a long time ago," he mumbled to himself.

"Harry!" someone yelled out at his which echoed into the whole entire room.

He turned around in his chair and saw Sheila with someone.

"Hermione's here to see you!"

Hermione thanked Sheila quickly and headed over to Harry. He smiled and stood up from his chair. She jogged up to him and Harry once again engulfed her into his arms for a hug.

"How was your small nap?" he asked, looking down at her.

"Fine actually, even though it was only a short time."

Both of them untangled themselves from the hug and Harry sat back down in the chair.

"What are you reading?" she asked curiously, looking at the monitor.

"Voldemort's files from the beginning of when he was born."

Hermione's mouth dropped a little and starred at the screen before her.

"And I'm not kidding, Hermione."

"How did they get all of this?" she asked, leaning in closer to read.

"They're people who have no lives," he muttered quietly so only she could hear.

Hermione glared at him at his response and looked at the screen again.

"Did you know that his family was actually good friends with Merlin?"

"Are you serious?"

"Says right there," Harry said, pointing it out on the screen.

"And there's proof," she said completely dumbfounded still.

"Who knows what he passed on through that family line."

"Well that's something else to research, isn't it?"

Harry looked up at Hermione and stared back at the screen.

"You can research that if you'd like," he said, smirking a little.

"You know I probably will."

"But you know I'll be helping you either way."

Hermione looked down at him seeing already that famous smile of his.

"Get a life, Potter," she said, slightly pushing his shoulder, but with also a tiny smile for herself to show.

"Hermione with a comeback. Should I be scared?"

"You're already scared for what I'm capable of doing to you anyway."

"True," he said and smiled a little.

"Besides, before we get into this whole entire mess with Voldemort, we need to figure out what this place exactly is. I mean, we were kidnapped to somewhere we hardly even knew about."

"Do you think they might have something up in the library?"

"They have a library?" she asked a bit too quickly.

Harry laughed a little. "Well, yeah."

"How big is it?" she asked as she watched him stand up.

Harry leaned in a bit to her face and brought his lips to her ear. "Bigger than our friendship."

Hermione shivered a little having him whisper like that and she placed a hand on his chest, gently pushing him away from her.

"Are you sure about that?" she whispered.

Harry looked down at her face, staring right into her eyes.

"You need to take a look yourself to see."

Hermione rolled her eyes and Harry broke out into a grin.

"Well then come on," she said grabbing his hand and dragging him already.

"You don't even know where the library is, Hermione," he said, stopping her and pulling her towards him.

She huffed and placed a hand on her hips.

"Fine, lead the way then."

"As you wish, my dear," Harry said with a smile and dragged her this time.

She had a feeling they were going to get along again just great. She was dreading of when they were going to talk about him leaving her. When it came, it came to be talked about then.

===================================================================================

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay of an update. Things have been busy lately in the personal life. Next chapter we'll be seeing more information on the White Lourdes and some more fluff between the two of them.

Review!!

-->