Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Was Bound to Happen by Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Was Bound to Happen

Heaven

Chapter 4

Blue looked at his clock that sat on his bedside table. He and Caitlyn had been trying to talk all that day, but with all the kids running around and the grownups constantly congratulating them, they'd been apart the rest of the day. However, they'd had once chance to sit, and agreed to meet that night at eight by the pond.

That was why Blue was now staring at his clock, willing the last fifteen minutes to whiz by. He got up and paced the room, looking out his window over towards the Potters' house, his room and Caitlyn's faced each other's. Her light was on and he could see her shadow moving around behind the shade.

"She's not left yet obviously." Blue muttered to himself. He went over to his dresser and pulled the small box from a drawer. He really hoped that giving such a gift to her would not scare her off once more. Touching it briefly, he stuck it in his back pocket and left the room.

He made his way downstairs, slinking quietly past the den where his mother sat reading the Daily Prophet. He knew she'd want to know where he was going and what he was doing, and he didn't' want to go into detail yet. However, he didn't count on his father being in the kitchen devouring the rest of the cake Hermione had sent back with them after the party ended.

"Hey Dad." Blue said as he crossed into the room.

"Hi Blue." Ron said, swallowing his cake. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to meet Caty at the pond." Blue said.

Ron's eyes widened. "Are you now?" he asked.

Blue rolled his eyes. "Yes."

"When did you two start…you know?" Ron wagged his eyebrows up and down at his son.

Blue looked at him like he was from outer space. "We're not dating." He said truthfully. "Not yet anyways." He mumbled to himself so that Ron couldn't hear.

"I just can't believe it…" Ron grinned, apparently ignoring the nasty looks his son was shooting at him. "Harry's daughter and my son, wonder if he knows anything about this…."

"Honestly…." Blue was exasperated, and a glance at the clock on the wall told him it was now five minutes past nine and he was late. "I have to have the weirdest parents…" his words trailed behind him as he banged the kitchen door shut.

Caitlyn was sitting on a rock as he approached, she had changed from the outfit she had had on during the day. Instead of her tank top and shorts, she wore a long sleeved lightweight white jumper and blue jeans.

"Hey gorgeous." Blue said softly as he approached, his voice reminiscent of their relationship before kissing two nights before.

"Sexy…" her voice was equally soft as she smiled up at him. He held his hand out to her and she took it as he pulled her to her feet.

"I'm really glad you came." Blue said as he embraced her, speaking into her hair.

"Me too." Caitlyn's voice was still soft, as her arms went around him. They stayed that way for a few long moments then pulled apart and sat back down on the rock.

"So…" Blue said after a few long moments.

"We wanted to talk." Caitlyn replied, looking at him.

"Yeah." Blue ran a hand through his longish red hair. "I'm really sorry about yesterday, I didn't mean to say you are a tease, you're not."

"I was pretty upset…" Caitlyn admitted. "More at myself than at you, I'd been feeling jealous, only I didn't realize it."

"You were jealous?" Blue's eyebrows were raised.

"Well, yeah, I had been thinking about 'us' that whole night after we kissed, and then that morning I thought seeing you wouldn't do anything…and I don't know, I was still so confused at that point…." Caitlyn trailed off for a moment. "I think it really hit me when I saw you'd rather talk to Kristen than me."

Blue smiled slightly. Not that'd he'd admit it to her, but he was enjoying the fact that she had experienced some jealousy. "I feel bad about that…" he said aloud. "I didn't want to hurt your feelings, but I was a bit angry."

"Me too." Caitlyn frowned and looked at her hand, which was nervously twisting the end of her jumper. "We've never been in a fight before this, which is one of the reasons I was so scared about you and me being in a real relationship."

Blue nodded. "I thought about that too." He said. "When I first started… having feelings for you… it scared me a lot too." A wry smile crossed his face. "But now, I think, after two years of seeing you in a different way, Caty I think we could make anything work."

"I just couldn't stand it Blue if we were never friends again if something happened." Caitlyn bit her lip.

Blue twisted around and faced her. "Caty, we'll never stop being friends."

She looked at him skeptically for a moment. "You promise?"

Blue nodded, then brought his hand up and lightly touched her cheek. "I really meant it when I said I love you."

Caitlyn closed her eyes and let him caress her face. "Blue?" she said quietly a moment later.

"Yeah?" his voice had gone husky.

"I think…I love you too." She replied, opening her eyes and looking at him hesitantly.

He stared back at her, his mouth slightly agape. "What?"

"I said, I love you too." Her voice came out stronger that time, more certain.

"Caty, reall-" he was cut off by Caitlyn leaning forward and pressing her mouth to his.

"You act so surprised." She said, once they'd parted. "Don't tell me you weren't expecting this.

"I wasn't." Blue said honestly. "I didn't think you loved me, not like that at least…I was just hoping you could someday."

"Why wait until someday?" Caitlyn said, winding her hand around the back of his neck to bring his lips back to hers. His arms encircled her waist, bringing her body against his. She took her hand up and threaded it through his hair, gently scraping her nails along his scalp. Her light touch made him shudder and he ran his tongue along the seam of her lips, wanting in. She opened her mouth under his and he explored, enjoying her taste and essence.

After a few more moments of enjoying their newfound relationship, Blue pulled away.

"I have something for you." He said, reaching around into his pocket. Blue held out the box to her with a slightly trembling hand.

Caitlyn looked at him with curious eyes as she took the box and opened it. She gasped.

"Blue…this is beautiful!" she said as she pulled a small round golden locket from the box.

"Open it." he said, grinning at her.

She carefully pried it open with her nail and gasped again, a shimmery sort of dust rose up from each side where the pictures normally were, and a moment later, a three dimensional figure of herself and Blue were dancing together, staring lovingly into each other's eyes.

"You like it?" Blue asked nervously after a minute.

"I…I love it…" her voice was faint. Caitlyn turned to him. "Will you put it on me?"

"Of course." He answered as she turned away. He moved her hair over her shoulder and draped the necklace on, clasping it firmly and then kissing her on the side of her neck. "I was nervous about giving that to you."

"Well I love it…and I love you." Caitlyn turned back around and faced him.

"You just love me because I gave you jewelry." Blue grinned impishly at her.

"I can't believe you just said that!" her mouth was wide open, and he started to laugh. "Ohhh I see how it's going to be…" she started laughing too as she pushed him hard, off the rock.

"Ow!" Blue cried out as he hit the ground. "Caty that really hurt!"

"Poor baby." She said, getting off the rock and onto her knees beside him. "Want me to kiss it and make it all better?" she asked, leaning over him on all fours.

"Déjà vu." Blue said. "Only this time I don't want you to kiss my ass."

"I'd rather kiss…" Caitlyn's words were cut off by Blue's mouth on hers again, rolling her up on top of him. His hands trailed down her back and into her hair as she pressed her lips harder against his, letting her tongue enter his mouth and brush against his. Blue's arms tightened around her even more as their kissing grew hotter and more passionate.

Hermione yawned and pulled Harry's favourite nightshirt over her head, it was a soft white fleecy shirt she loved to wear, especially in the winter or cool summer nights such as this one.

"Hey!" Harry's voice rang out. "I was going to wear that tonight!"

"Too late." Hermione said smugly. "Are you going to pout?"

"Maybe." He grinned at her as he came into the room. "Shut that shade so I can change, would you?"

Hermione smiled at her husband as she moved to the window across the room. She was about to pull the shade when the moonlight caught a flash of something moving, and she peered out.

"Oh my!" she exclaimed. It was her daughter and Blue…kissing by the big rock near the pond. "Looks like they've worked everything out." She commented.

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked, coming over next to her. He looked out in the direction of Caitlyn and Blue, his jaw clenching.

"That…he's…. that's my daughter out there!" Harry was furious. "I'm going to go put a stop to that right now!"

"You most certainly are not!" Hermione snapped. She yanked the shade down then went over to the door and shut it. "You will do nothing of the sort!"

Harry stared at her. "You think our daughter making out with some guy is okay?"

"Harry James Potter, that is not just some guy, that is your best friend's son!" Hermione said sternly, crossing her arms over her chest.

Harry stopped in the middle of his rant, and looked properly shamed for a moment. "Oh." was all he could say. "Well I'll have to have a talk with him tomorrow then, won't I?"

Hermione glared at him. "Harry, think about when you and I first started dating."

"We didn't go making out at night by ponds!" Harry said angrily.

"No, we made out on my bed, and my father walked in. Don't you think he wanted to kill you at that moment?" Hermione smiled smugly at Harry's expression. "If I recall correctly, you had one hand up my shirt and the other hand down my…"

"Okay okay…" Harry said hastily. "I remember." His face blushed a dark red colour as he recalled the look on Hermione's father's face at that precise moment.

"You'll be happy for her, and you won't say a word." Hermione was saying now, coming up to him and poking her index finger in his chest.

"All right, all right." Harry relented. "You can make me do anything you know that?"

"I know." Hermione was all smiles again as she looked up at her husband. "I love you."

Harry smirked, bringing his arms around her and kissing her softly. "I know, I love you too."

"And think Harry," Hermione said, resting her head on his chest. "When Corinne is old enough, you can go through all this over again with her. That and Carl, the one who keeps kicking me. I think he might become our problem child."

Harry laughed, tightening his hold on her. "At least you'll be there to keep me at bay." They kissed each other again and got into bed.

Blue and Caitlyn breathlessly pulled away from each other after the latest round of mad kissing.

"That was the Big Woo." Blue said, looking down at her.

"What?" Caitlyn was confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing." Blue grinned, and leaned in again. "Absolutely nothing."