Unofficial Portkey Archive

You Crazy Moon by papermask
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

You Crazy Moon

papermask

Okay guys, I know I've been gone for a LONG time, but now I'm back, and with a fresh story. Don't worry, I haven't abonded 'The Best of Me', but I know that it's not very well-liked by many people, so I'm putting it on the back burner for a while. However, I do still have some tricks up my sleeve, so no worries. Thank you for your support, and thanks for reading!

This story is set three years after the epilogue.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or any of the characters involved.
Disclaimer 2: The song is 'You Crazy Moon' by Frank Sinatra. I do not own any rights to it.


When they met, the way they smiled, I saw that I was through. Oh, you crazy moon, what did you do?

A happy occasion. That's what this was supposed to be. No, scratch that. That's what this was. At least, for everyone else. But not for Ron Weasley. This was distressing. Not because of the ceremony - it was beautiful. Not because of the groom or bride - they were madly in love. No, everything was actually perfect. The guests were enjoying the festivities, Harry and Hermione were dancing the night away, even the children who were defiant until the end were happy. It was all amazingly beautiful. Ron sighed and gulped down his martini. No, tonight was not his night. He should feel happy. Happy for his two best friends who had finally found each other, after so many years of wandering in the dark. But no, if anything, Ron felt lousy.

And when they kissed, they tried to say that it was just in fun. Oh, you crazy moon, look what you've done.

Ron thought back to only a few years earlier, when he was married to Hermione and Harry to Ginny. He thought they had all been so happy. It had always seemed that that was how things were supposed to end up; Harry with Ginny, himself with Hermione. Ron couldn't have been more wrong. It didn't take very long for the marriages to fail. However, they all tried. They stuck together for the kids. Through the thickness of their lives, they tried so hard to stay together for the kids. But it just wasn't meant to be. They just weren't compatable.

Ron thought that once he married Hermione, all the fighting would stop. Alas, it only got worse. Arguements ranged from how to raise their children to simple things, like what was for dinner. He and Hermione finally snapped and decided for divorce. Although divorce was highly looked down upon in the wizarding world, after some letters to the Ministry of Magic, Hermione Weasley had officially been set free and returned to Hermione Granger. It wasn't long afterwards that Harry and Ginny also divorced. To say the least, Ginny was unimaginably furious. She had spent her entire youth edging up to Harry, and once she thought she had finally won him, he decides that it was truly over. Needless to say, when she found out about Harry's feelings for Hermione, Ginny was spiteful and hurt. However, she eventually warmed up to the idea and accepted them, although there would forever be a strain on her relationship with Hermione and Harry.

Some had said that Harry and Hermione had had an affair before their divorces were final, but this was not true. In fact, it was a solid year after the divorces before they really found their true feelings. It had all started with one friend comforting another. Hermione needed help after her divorce, and no one seemed to be able to understand her better than Harry, and vice versa. They poured their souls out to each other, and for the first time, were very honest with each other when it came to their personal lives. Both Harry and Hermione had always been forced to hold back their emotions towards life, but now that they had each other, there was no need to feel as trapped. Yes, yes, they were bloody perfect for each other. Ron waved down a waiter for another martini.

Once you promised me, you know, that it would never end. You should be ashamed to show your funny face, my friend.

It had taken some getting used to, especially for the kids. First their parents get divorced, and then they find out that their families would become even more entwined once Harry and Hermione got married. Ron really valued their strength. He wished that he had just an ounce of it. It was at that moment that Luna Lovegood plopped down beside Ron. He nodded slightly in acknowledgement. Luna smiled.

"Hello, Ronald", Luna said dreamily. Ron sighed inwardly. He adored the blonde witch, but he wasn't in the mood to hear about some creature that didn't exist. However, Ron found himself yearning some sort of conversation.

"Hello Luna. Are you having a fun?," Ron asked genuinely. Luna's face lit up. It was then that Ron noticed how lovely Luna looked. She had part of her long, blonde hair held up with a golden clasp, while the rest of it cascaded down her back. She was wearing a sparkley, white spaghetti strap dress with a golden sash that was tied in a large bow in the back. She had a minimal amount of makeup on, yet it accentuated her features perfectly. Ron had to admit, it was all very Luna.

"Oh, I'm having such a wonderful time, Ronald. Aren't the decorations so beautiful? I love the flowers", Luna added. Ron smiled lightly. Of course.

"Are you having a fun time?", Luna asked, suddenly more serious than before. Ron looked into her eyes, then called to the waiter for another martini. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Harry and Hermione kiss.

There they are, they fell in love, I guess you think that you're smart. Oh, you crazy moon, you broke my heart.

"Have you talked to them?" Luna asked. Ron looked up from his glass.

"Talked to who? Harry and Hermione?," Ron replied. Luna nodded her head.

"Yes, of course. I am Harry's best man, aren't I? I mean, I've spent practically the whole evening with them....I just needed some time to think", Ron sighed. Luna looked at him with worried eyes.

"Ronald, are you alright? I mean....really alright?" Luna questioned. Ron looked down.

"I'm getting along, Luna. I'm getting along. I mean.... it's been very difficult. But, I'm getting along," Ron said. Luna nodded. Suddenly, without warning, Luna crashed herself into Ron in a tight hug. Ron's eyes went wide with surprise. They sat there for a moment, Luna just hugging Ron tightly, Ron just sitting there in shock. It took about a minute, but Ron soon found himself reaching his arm up to hug Luna back. Luna smiled. She pulled back, and with another surprise, lightly kissed Ron on the cheek.

"Ronald, would you like to dance?" Luna asked somewhat timidly. Ron suddenly felt a wave of comfort crash over him, accompanied by a feeling that he hadn't ever really felt before.

"Luna, there's nothing I would love to do more than dance with you", Ron replied. As the music floated through the air, Ron and Luna slowly danced alongside a smiling Harry and Hermione.

Once you promised me, you know, that it would never end. You should be ashamed to show your funny face, my friend.
There they are, they fell in love, I guess you think that you're smart. Oh, you crazy moon, you broke my heart.


Well there you have it! I appreciate any reviews. Constructive criticism is welcome, but pure rudeness is just skipped over. Thank you so much for reading! :)