Unofficial Portkey Archive

Happy Birthday, Ronald Weasley by thephotoman
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Happy Birthday, Ronald Weasley

thephotoman

James McCormick Normal James McCormick 2 94 2003-08-07T02:49:00Z 2003-08-07T02:49:00Z 1 922 5259 University of Houston 43 12 6169 10.2625 Clean Clean MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Happy Birthday, Ron Weasley

Summary: Ron Weasley has never been in a relationship…until now.

Author's Notes: This is my first foray into fluff. I'm mainly into smut, but Nicole (pottergranger4ever) wanted something for her birthday (on Saturday), and I couldn't give her smut, as that would be illegal. Happy birthday, Nicole!

It was the end of February, and the skies over Hogwarts were as gray as Ron Weasley's mood. His birthday was coming up, and he feared that Harry and Hermione were too busy snogging each other to really care about getting him anything. And nobody else at Hogwarts seemed to care, really.

He was naturally surprised that Harry and Hermione hadn't forgotten him when he got down to breakfast the morning of March 1st. On the contrary: the two of them had chipped in together to get him a broomstick servicing kit and a set of Quidditch balls. The most stunning thing, though was the anonymous owl that he received. It was a basket of some of his favorite sweets: Bernie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, Chocolate Frogs, Pumpkin Pasties, and even a slab of Honeyduke's best fudge.

The most interesting part was the card.

Happy birthday, Ronald Weasley

--Your Secret Admirer

"That was short," Harry said.

"And weird," Hermione added. "So, do you have any idea who your secret admirer is, Ron?"

"Honestly, guys, I don't know who sent this. It would be nice to know, though," Ron replied. "It'd give me someone to be with when the two of you are off trying to find new places to snog."

"If we've ignored you lately, Ron, we're sorry. Listen, next weekend we have a visit to Hogsmeade. What if we spend the weekend together, like in the old days, instead of the two of us going off on our own?" Hermione offered.

"It would be nice, Hermione, but only if I can't find out who my secret admirer is by then. Otherwise, I may want to spend some time with her," Ron replied. He had his doubts about the possibility of spending that Saturday in Hogsmeade snogging someone, though.

As the day went on, more notes to Ron popped up at various times and places. One suddenly turned up in his Transfiguration book not two hours later.

Ronald Weasley,

I have been thinking about it, and I have decided that the sweets were not enough of a birthday present. I would like to go to Hogsmeade this weekend with you.

Again, happy birthday.

--Your Secret Admirer

When he showed this letter to Harry and Hermione during lunch, they were baffled.

"But how am I supposed to tell her that I'm willing to go with her? She didn't say," Ron said, scratching his head.

"Maybe she'll write you later," Harry offered. "But if she doesn't get back to you, the offer to spend Saturday with us is still standing."

Ron didn't have to wait long to get an answer to his question. About ten minutes into lunch, a note suddenly appeared on the table just to the right of his plate.

Ronald,

I just realized that I did not tell you where to meet me. Meet me at the Astronomy Tower tonight after dinner.

Your Secret Admirer

"Why does she keep calling me 'Ronald'?" was the first thing Ron said after reading the note. "The only person who calls me that is mum, and even then, she only uses that name when she's yelling at me."

This time, Harry and Hermione remained silent. Both suddenly realized what was going on, and they decided that it would be best if Ron figured it out. They weren't going to deprive him of that moment of realization.

Realization never came to Ron, though. Perhaps it was because he was completely in shock due to the day's events, or maybe it was just the fact that he really was as thick as Hermione claimed. Try as he might, he couldn't figure out who had sent him the letters.

"So, Ron, are you going to go to the Astronomy Tower after dinner?" Harry asked Ron as they were getting ready to go down to dinner.'

"Yes. I've decided that I've got to know who it is. Even if it is, say, Eloise Midgen," Ron replied. "Who knows, I may even go with her."

"Have you gotten any more notes since lunch?" Harry continued.

"No. Why do you ask?"

"I was just curious," Harry said as he walked out the door. "See you downstairs."

After dinner was over, Ron left Harry and Hermione to make his way up to the Astronomy Tower. On his trip up there, he began to have doubts about whether the whole day had been a prank pulled on him. He decided that even if it was a prank, it gave Harry and Hermione some time to snog.

When he made it to the Astronomy Tower, it was empty, which was quite unusual, considering that it was an excellent night to catch up on Astronomy homework.

"Is anybody here?" Ron asked hesitantly. However there was no answer. "Oh well, I guess it was just another practical joke," he said as he looked out onto the grounds.

"It wasn't, Ronald," said a voice from somewhere near the door to the observation area. "I really meant what I said in the notes."

Ron spun around, and right behind him was Luna Lovegood.

"Luna! Was that you?"

"Of course it was, Ronald. So, are we going to Hogsmeade this Saturday, or are you just going to spend it with Harry and Hermione?"

Ron was stunned beyond belief.

"If not, it's okay. I'll understand," Luna said dejectedly.

At this point Ron began to stutter. After about five seconds, he found his voice again.

"I'd love to go with you, Luna," Ron said. "It would make me very happy."

There was a pregnant pause.

"So, what do we do now?" Ron asked.

"You know, Ronald, I've never been kissed before either," Luna mused. And with that, she pressed her lips to his.

Instead of replying verbally, Ron took her into his arms, cradled the back of her head, and licked her lower lip, begging to gain access to her mouth, which she immediately granted him.

After about ten minutes of snogging, Luna broke the kiss.

"Well, it's getting late, and I've got homework to do. I'll see you Saturday, if not sooner, Ronald," Luna said.

"Yeah, I'll see you Saturday," Ron replied, giving her a quick peck on the lips.

And with that, he took her hand and walked back to the third floor, where they went back to their respective dormitories.