Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unexpected Places by vinofaerie
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unexpected Places

vinofaerie

Author's Note: I tend to start my stories by drabbling, and that's what started this one. It had an idea, it really did, but then it took on a life of its own and went elsewhere. It is told nonlinear so if it gets a bit confusing I'm sorry. Also, I tried for the whole Ginny being submissive thing but she really wasn't listening to me very well. She found being a smart ass a lot more fun. For the places mentioned I have never been (although I would love to) so I mainly Googled pics and maps to get more acquainted with the areas. And, yes, Pineapple Umbrella.

Unexpected Places

This is a little story about possession. When he has her bent over the table, hands spread out to keep from being thrust too far by the force of his hips slamming into her, its really her that owns him. Oh, he thinks she is his (and she is), but not in the way that he simply belongs to her. The bruises on her hips and between her thighs are purple to the point of blackness, yellowing at the edges, shapeless except for the dots that you might just know are fingertips. He thinks, in fact, he would swear that these are signs that he owns her. But the truth is much different.

Clothed, skirt swaying with her walk, brushing her knees, he knows they're there. When she leaves in the morning, dressed, smiles, he thinks about all of them. Each mark. About his hands on her, holding her down as she begs him to be harder with her, less delicate. He knows she's not going to break. During the day he'll close his eyes just to hear her gasps and the way she moans his name in his mind. Replaying the sight of her before him, on top of him, under him. He imagines her thinking about him, knowing that there is proof of him on her body and that he has marked as his. The image of her is burned behind his eyes and pushed into his veins.

This is the way that Ginny Weasley owns Draco Malfoy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"How do I know that you can do this job, Ms. Weasley?"

The fact that she had the audacity to show up in Muggle clothing amused him. His office was located in the most prominent Wizarding community in Paris. Everyone knew he had an extreme dislike for everything Muggle, all his employees wore wizard robes to work.

"My references are beyond spectacular, my experience, although short in time, is more than adequate for this position. I am already well known in this field-"

"Because of your exboyfriend."

"Because of my skill. Ask around."

"I will. And I may or may not be back in touch with you. Thank you for your time, Ms. Weasley."

There was no sign of anything on her face but pleasantness as she left. Although Draco had to admit there was one aspect he found admirable about her choice of muggle attire. It allowed him to see exactly how fit her body was.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Knock

"Mr. Malfoy, do you have a moment?"

The mouth on his neck bit in a little more than necessary.

Knock Knock

"Mr. Malfoy, are you in?"

His hand was under her skirt, thumb moving in slow circles. He let one of his fingers slide inside her and felt her body shiver against him.

"Yes, but I'm a tad busy at the moment. Can you come back later?"

"I'm sorry sir, but it's about Ms. Weasley. She's not at her desk again. Wasn't she explicitly told that she was to remain there at all times except when on research? I checked her itinerary, she's not due to leave for another three weeks. I need a copy of the Finston report."

Draco felt the button of his pants being undone and sped of the movement of his thumb.

"She's doing something for me right now. She'll be back shortly."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Here are my analyses of the three companies in the Betaille area. Also, I have some side notes on the families that live there."

Draco pointed to the corner of his desk and she laid the files there. He handed her a much thinner file from his desk drawer.

"I'd like you to turn to the last page."

Ginny sighed and did as she was told.

"Can you read the last paragraph for me?"

"It is in my judgment that this is not a company that Malfoy and Gramble wish to acquire. Their standing in the community is familial only, and that acquisition by a larger industry would cause them to lose their appeal to the locals. M & G would be better suited to make a small loan or partnership with Mr. Beaudreaux where they would profit with a percent of the sales. Was there a problem with my analysis?"

"Not a problem with it, per se, except that it should not have been made like that. You are employed here to research certain areas and certain companies and give fact-based reports on what you find, not your personal opinions, Ms. Weasley."

"I was also hired to look out for M & G's best interests in these endeavors and this particular company was not suitable for them. Did you buy them?"

"No. Nor did I give them a loan or offer partnership."

"Then Mr. Beaudreaux's company will go under and you would have lost out on a sizeable and dependable profit from them."

"That is my decision to make and not yours. You do not need to input any more of your opinions into your reports."

"You are an ass, you know that?"

"Haven't you ever been taught how to talk to your superiors, Ms. Weasley?"

Ginny smiled, and nodded.

"My apologies. You are an ass, sir."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The city was loud below. The flashing lights kept him from ever falling too deep into sleep and that was the way he liked it. He wasn't a wanted man in France, but there were still people that would cross oceans just to seek their own revenge on him. Not that he didn't deserve it; but he wasn't looking for it, either. Bigger city, louder noises, brighter lights. It all kept him on his toes.

Standing in front of his window he watched the people below. It was three in the morning and there were still those who were out drinking, laughing, dancing. They looked to be free, at ease to enjoy their lives, their homes, their friends. He loved Paris.

"You know, you must have some voyeuristic kink in you somewhere. You always stand in front of the window naked at night."

"The window stops at my waist."

"Less is more."

"I thought you were asleep."

Ginny stretched and he watched as the toned muscles in her body tensed and released. He was amazed (and envious) when he found out that she still went home every Sunday morning to play Quidditch with her brothers.

"How can I be asleep? I wake up every time you leave the bed. You also steal covers and toss a lot."

Draco left the window, the lights, Paris, and returned to the bed. Ginny pulled him close and kissed his chest, right where his scar was the most visible, the thickest.

"How do you ever put up with me? The tossing, the klepto cover thing, my nudity in public?"

"Well, you do have your good points."

Draco kissed the top of her head. Her hair smelled like strawberries and was nearly the same color with the flashes of light in the room.

"Which are?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Fucking sodding piece of shit, that is what you are! I can't believe I thought working here would be a good idea. My mum warned me. Fuck! My entire family did! But I had to come and figure it out for myself. I thought Paris would be interesting, fun, and the companies I got to see here were so different from the ones in England. I thought I would be able to work with you, that it wouldn't be so bad. You are evil! Pure, unadulterated, bloody fucking evil!"

Draco was grabbing at the papers that were scattered around his office. Since Ginny was still throwing them everywhere he really wasn't making that much of a difference in the mess.

"Will you slow down one second and let me explain?"

"That it's business? I know that. Thing is, the reason I was so valued at my other job was that they respected my personal input, they actually listened to me when I said something about a company, product, or place they wanted to buy. You, you're a selfish pig who would put your own mother out of business if it would mean making a spare galleon for you!"

Draco grabbed the extra files from her arms and threw them on the floor.

"This is ridiculous. First, my mother does not own a business, has no need to, so that point is moot. Furthermore, the situation was worth more than a galleon, more than a thousand of them. In the next five years we will turn more profit-"

"And you will run the Beaudreaux family out of business. You do realize that, right?"

"Ananas Parapluie is a safe enough distance from-"

"BULLSHIT! It's a specialty shop, something that is unique to that area and people travel to Betaille just to go to. You just took away half, possibly more, of their clientele. Not to mention the other shops that are in the region that benefit from those customers. It's draw for tourists."

Draco could see that she was livid. Cheeks red, pure spite shooting from her eyes, and her lips were red from yelling at him. Not to mention that she was breathing heavy and that was making how low cut her jumper was overly obvious, at least for him.

"Is my chest more interesting than this conversation for you Mr. Malfoy?"

"Um…"

"Close Ananas Parapluie down or I'm resigning."

"You're expendable. I can do your job."

"I'm sure you could try. Really. But part of my job is being nice to people, talking to them like they are equals, and earning their trust enough that they tell me the details of every part of their home; no matter the size of the city or town. Statistics and graphs are the last thing in my analysis of these places that matters. I figure out why the statistics and graphs are there to begin with. That information is harder to get sometimes than you think."

Turning on her heels inches from his face (when did she get so close?), Ginny left. In her wake were scattered papers, ripped files, a faint scent of spicy perfume, and Draco's eyes on the door as it closed.

He had been too busy watching the way her legs moved beneath her short skirt to even hear the slam of the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was one of the few days they had together. She was not on location, scouting out towns and people, and he was not putting in the extra hours at the office to make up for the partner who wasn't supposed to be silent but eventually disappeared.

Draco sat on the bed and watched as she took her time to undress. She was completely nonchalant about it, almost as if she was undressing at her own house, getting ready for bed.

Except it was noon and she was in his bedroom.

First was her jumper. Light blue, one he has picked up for her at some ridiculously overpriced store. She had run her hands across the fabric with a strange quirky grin plastered on her face. Later he came to know that as a look she took on when she was childishly happy about something. Now there was no grin, in fact, she wasn't even looking at him as she lifted the top over her head and let it fall to the floor.

Next was the skirt. Simple, a-line, white, high wasted so that he couldn't miss small size of her waist and the delicate curve of her hips underneath. Her hands went behind her back to the zipper, lingered there for a moment. Slowly she pulled down. The sides gradually fell away and Draco was treated to a teasing view of the small of her back before the skirt slid all the way off, revealing the long stems of her legs leading up to what he had once drunkenly told her was `the greatest bottom to ever grace the halls of Hogwarts.'

Ginny came and sat on the bed next to him, their arms barely grazing as she undid the latches on her shoes.

"Do you have to go back home tomorrow? We could have the whole weekend, you know."

One shoe hit the floor.

"I never miss a Sunday."

"How about next weekend?"

"I never miss a Sunday, Draco. Especially that one."

"I really don't want you to go."

"Well you could come with me. Every invitation has a plus one."

The other shoe hit the floor.

"I'd be your plus one then, right?"

"Aren't you already?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What is this?"

"My resignation letter."

Draco picked the crisp bone parchment from his desk and noted the thickness as he rubbed the corner in his fingers.

"No need. I went to Betaille last week and confirmed your previous findings. Development of Ananas Parapluie has been shut down indefinitely. We made an offer of silent partnership to the Beaudreaux's and they are currently mulling it over."

Draco watched her eyes as he tossed the paper into the bin. She looked relived.

"Thank you."

"I actually owe you an apology. May I take you out to dinner?"

She snorted. Not smiled, or graciously accepted his offer as he would have thought, but really snorted.

"That's not very professional."

"A business dinner, to show the appreciation of the company for all your hard work and dedication to M & G."

"Or your appreciation for my figure? Don't think I don't notice that you stare Malfoy."

Draco shrugged.

"Can you blame me for trying?"

"I'm not that easy."

"I didn't say that you were."

"Just one time of showing that you're a decent person doesn't excuse other things."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He took her to Milos because it was his favorite place to be alone. She liked the sun, the white sand, and the blue water. He liked having her to himself for a week. That's what he had asked for, a week.

Clearing her schedule hadn't been a problem; his had been more of a hassle. Pulling Priam Gramble away from his relaxing life in order to work for a week and taken some doing, but the man was actually more in touch with what was going on in their company than what Draco knew. It had been Priam that had showed Draco Milos that first time, years ago, when Draco was always in a horrid mood over not being allowed back home. He had turned in enough information to earn a pardon for his mistake his sixth year (and that's how he remembered it, the most disgusting mistake he had ever made in his youth) but not enough to be excused from banishment. He figured it had more to do with wanted to rid England of the Malfoy name than anything. Draco had fled to Paris looking for an old company his father had started up years before Draco was even born only to find it booming and the owner in want of a Malfoy to take back some of the load that his father had left. While complaining one day about his dismissal, Priam told him there were much better islands out there than the one he was pining after. So, he was sent to Milos. When he returned after a few weeks Priam said he was ready for a vacation of his own. That had been five years previous. Draco only got occasional owls from him since.

"So, this is where you run off to when no one is looking?"

"You mean, besides off to some private place with you?"

Ginny blushed. Sometimes he forgot how exactly proper she could be.

"You make a Portkey to take you here and just leave you for a few hours?"

"It calms me down when I need it."

Ginny shook her head, amazed.

"You must come here a lot then."

He playfully pinched her side through the thin shift of her dress.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You mean to tell me that you canceled our account with Nickerson in England because…"

"Because he refused to make the necessary adjustments to the water resistant spell on the jackets that I asked them to. The jackets weren't getting wet, but the skin underneath got water logged and wrinkled. Defeats the purpose, don't you think?"

Ginny crossed and uncrossed her legs in the chair. Draco was glad he had taken to pacing as he talked to her. Their meetings about distribution and locations had the habit of getting rather heated when she didn't agree with him (which was most of the time) and he found that being seated directly across from her distracted him too much. He couldn't pinpoint the exact moment that he began to admire the cut of her cheekbones or the way her hair fell in soft waves around her shoulders, but he could tell it was getting worse. She had refused two more offers of dinner, but kept the flowers. He was well aware that what he was doing wasn't very professional (as she had noted) but he couldn't stop himself from calling her into his office for the most ridiculous reasons. One time he had used the excuse that he had wanted to know more about what ink she used when writing her analysis.

"Also I need you to go to Clichy-sous-Bois and check a few things there. It's not one of the nicer places. Would you like an escort?"

Ginny shook her head, enough to make the light reflect off of her hair in a very attractive way. If it wouldn't have been too obvious, Draco would have hit his head against the wall.

"I have my wand, and I did go through the first half of Auror training, so I think I'll be ok."

"Will you be able to leave on Tuesday?"

"I think I can be done my other work by then so, yes, that would be fine. It also gives you enough time to take me to dinner on Friday night."

Draco's face spread into a wide grin, not quite a smile because he refused to admit that something as simple as a date with Ginny Weasley would make him smile.

"What time should I pick you up?"

Ginny made a show of looking through the note pad on her lap. Draco had notice in her first week that she constantly switched from parchment to Muggle ruled paper. Some times her reports were what she had called `typed.' Those he rather liked but thought it would be too much of a hassle to get the entire office to learn that one.

She made a few notes on the side of the paper and seemed to go off in thought for a moment before replying.

"Nine-ish, more on the quarter after side should be ok."

"Fantastic!"

Ginny turned to him, eyes a little wide and more than just a little shock showing.

"Um…"

"Yeah."

Ginny got up to leave, but first she looked Draco up and down then back up again, like she was studying him. Her brows squeezed together for a moment and then she smiled.

"You best take me some place interesting, Malfoy, or you will never get a second date. Mark that."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The beach was empty except for them. It had taken an entire afternoon of casting very discrete spells around the perimeter of Sarakiniko to get the kind of privacy that he had wanted. Looking at Ginny flushed underneath him was more than worth it, more than worth about anything he had ever though had meaning to him. She had invaded his business with a sway in her walk, his home with the scent of her on his sheets, and now the place he came to drown out the world was where he found himself drowning in her.

These were the time that he loved the most about sex with her. Her body pliant under his, so susceptible to any suggestion of his touch. Kissing her just right at the base of her neck caused a small gasp to escape her throat and her head to tilt back into the sand, mouth ajar.

Poised ready to enter her, teasing just a bit by pushing forward, not enough but just enough to have her keening, squirming, trying to lift her hips a bit more but not able to because of the firm hand on her hip.

Draco moved up her body, even with her eyes, her lips, and kissed her. Small, caste, even. He felt her hands on his hips, trying to get him to move.

"No, not until you tell me exactly what I want to hear."

"Draco Malfoy is the best boss ever?"

Ginny smirked and Draco remembered what it was he loved the most about her. Grazing his lips over hers he felt her shiver every place their skin touched. Entering her completely he watched her face, intent on every expression that fluttered across. He gathered her in his arms as he withdrew and entered her again, eyes locked on her face, his lips resting against hers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Their first date was rained out so instead of taking her on a late night tour of the city he apparated them into the Louvre. He brought his invisibility cloak so they could not be seen. It also gave him an excuse to keep her close, his arm around her waist as he whispered stories about the paintings and sculptures in her ear.

He waited until she returned from Clichy-sous-Bois to ask her on a second date.

She declined but said to ask her next week, she just had a lot to do because she had just gotten back.

Their second date was more like what a date should be. Dinner, theatre, laughing and her in a tight, barely there dress. No kiss, no touch, not even so much as an acknowledgement of him as a male was made by her and that infuriated Draco to no end.

The next day when he had to review her analysis he opened the folder once to place the papers back inside that had fallen when she had dropped it.

Then again, he couldn't really fault her for it since it was him pressing her against the door the moment she closed it that caused her to drop it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Are you sure this is ok?"

For the sixth time that day Ginny huffed exasperatedly at him. He wasn't sure if he was asking any more because he needed to reassure himself or because she looked so aggravated when he asked. Aggravated was a step away from angry. She always looked incredibly sexy when she was angry.

"You have the decree in your pocket that you are allowed back today from Luna, correct?'

"Yes."

"Then what could go wrong?"

Draco played with the tie at the top of his dress robes. As much as he knew how good he looked in them he never did find dressing up comfortable.

"Your family could still hate me."

"That's old news, ancient. Buried when I told my parents how much I loved working at M & G."

Ginny finished putting her shoes on and smoothed out the invisible wrinkles in her dress. She knew he loved her in green. He was almost positive that's why she wore lilac. He was never able to keep his hands off of her when she wore green to work.

"Your brothers will still hate me even if your parents don't."

Ginny knocked his hands off his tie.

"Quit messing with it. And stop fidgeting. You're worse than Ron is in these things, I swear."

"Don't compare me to your brother."

"Sounds like you haven't dropped the animosity about my brothers either."

"Just the one."

Ginny nipped at his chin.

"Behave and they will too. Mum has laid down strict laws about everyone's behavior today. It's Charlie's wedding and she wants it to go off without the disaster that happened at Bill's."

"And bringing Draco Malfoy into a clan of Weasleys doesn't constitute a disaster? I still can't believe that your parents were ok with me coming."

Ginny started to look around the room, picking up papers and books.

"Do you know where I put that Portkey?"

"In the night table. They were ok with it, right?"

Ginny pulled the invitation from the drawer and kissed it.

"One trip to the Burrow coming right up!"

She hadn't huffed. In fact, she hadn't even looked at him.

"Ginny…."

She flashed him a dazzling smile and made him take the invitation in his hand while she held the other end.

"Of course they know I'm bringing someone."

"Do they know it's me? What did you tell them?"

Ginny bit her lip and shrugged.

"That I had a plus one. That I was bringing the guy I fell for in Paris, and I'm simply crazy about him."

Draco didn't have time to let go of the Portkey before he felt the tug in his stomach.

ORIGINAL REQUEST
What would you like to receive: I really like a feisty Ginny, for sure. And I don't like Draco to be a pansy, I like him to have to swallow his pride, and love her. Banter is imperative. Although, if anyone is willing to write it, I would love a nice bedroom scene where Ginny is submissive...Feisty in real life, and then Draco takes it in the bedroom. Ha. I suppose that's pretty descriptive. Hopefully not too much... :)
Rating of the fic you want: Probably NC17...I just love those extremely naughty ones...
Canon or AU? Canon is very hard to write, but if you can do it well, than I would love it...but if you know that's your weakness, AU is just as good.
Deal Breakers (what don't you want?): I don't like dark!Ginny. I think she has morals that she keeps in check. As previously mentioned, please don't let Draco be a cry-baby... Other than that, I don't really have any problems.

-->