Unofficial Portkey Archive

I've Loved You For So Long by papermask
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

I've Loved You For So Long

papermask

This is just a drabble. I know, I know, I have other fics to update. I'll get on it soon, I promise!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione looked up at the night sky. Stars twinkled brightly, as if they were reassuring her of her decision. Wind whipped around her, tossing her hair about. Hermione wrapped her sweater tight around her body.

She wasn't exactly sure of what she was doing. Her resolve told her that her mission was futile, that he wasn't going to come. Every fiber of her being told her that this was a bad idea. After all, they had both recently been divorced - was it too soon? Who even said that he wanted to meet her? What if he hadn't even received her letter? How long would she convince herself to wait at this park?

Hermione looked towards the ground. She was at the park that they all brought their children to. She sat in the swing that Rose so loved. As she rocked back and forth, Hermione sighed. This was pointless. He wasn't going to be there. And yet, she knew that no matter what, she wouldn't leave. She would wait until dawn or longer. And for what reason? For the only reason that there was. She loved him. She loved him so much that it hurt. It was something that she had known for quite some time. Probably since third year at Hogwarts. But the question remained - did he love her? Gosh, she hoped so. But still, she had doubts. He had always seemed to care for her, but it had never seemed to her that he had felt anything more than friendship for her. Oh please, let him come.

Out of the corner of her eye, Hermione saw movement. She stood and turned to look, but before she could recognize anything, she felt herself being swept up into a huge hug. She knew it was him. He was there. Harry had come.

Hermione closed her eyes. She could smell his scent and felt his arms tighten around her. She hugged him back. She hugged him so hard she felt tears.

"Hermione."

She drops her head onto his chest and lets it rest there. She can feel her tears staining his shirt.

"Hermione, love, don't cry."

She takes in a sharp breath.

"I was so afraid you wouldn't come."

"But I'm here."

She begins to laugh lightly. He joins in. Their laughter grows. It echos throughout the park. Soon, it dies down, and there is silence. Harry pulls Hermione into a sweet kiss. The tears start again, as she whispers in his ear:

"I've loved you for so long."

The End.