Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Bird of Hermes by Obscurum_Venator
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Bird of Hermes

Obscurum_Venator

A/N: How's everyone doing? Ready for some blood, gore, and grey matter to get splattered? Yes, then LET'S GET THINGS STARTED! GUNDAM FIGHT ALL SET! READY? GO! Wait, wrong anime. Sorry, couldn't resist. I know some of you may be asking yourselves how exactly a bunch of vampires were able to nearly stab Harry to death with the Prophecy hanging over his head, but the Prophecy isn't as airtight as you might think. First, those vampires were acting as Voldemort's "hand". Second, Harry would have just bled out on his own, and the Prophecy doesn't really restrict Harry from dying cause his body can't get the oxygen it needs due to his blood all being on the outside. Finally, I've never bought into the idea that the Prophecy makes either of them invincible. If that were the case, then why doesn't Voldemort just put Harry in stasis or something, preserving his invincibility while getting Harry out of the way? Anyone who thinks Harry is a bit vicious in this chapter, he's part of Alucard's twisted little "family" now, remember how crazy Seras can get while under the influence of the bloodlust.

Warning: I'm assuming a decent knowledge of the Hellsing manga/OVA from this point on. I'm going to skip around a little to highlight what is different instead of focusing on what is the same.

Harry Potter and the Bird of Hermes

Chapter 4: Vengeance and Millennium

As Integra was about to finish her report, just a few details, the lights suddenly flickered for a moment and the intercom at her end of the table began to crackle. It took a few seconds before a voice finally broke through the static.

"Sir Integra, we're under attack at the front entrance. Enemy is well equipped and..." he broke off, presumably to fire his weapon since rifle fire echoed throughout the room a moment later.

"Officer, who are we fighting? I need details," Integra shouted through the intercom.

"Oh, God...ghouls, the enemy are ghouls, ma'am. They have armor and riot shields," the Officer reported, fear strangling his voice. Every member of the Convention stared at the intercom with differing degrees of horror etched on their faces.

"Hold out as long as you can," Integra said, her voice clearly indicating that she didn't want to have to doom her men, but that she had to make a choice.

"Yes, ma'am," the soldier replied, his voice resigned but determined.

"First priority is our evacuation, ghoul army or not. Sir Integral, can your men clear a path to the heliport?" Sir Islands asked, his unflappable expression remaining firmly in place. His question was answered a moment later by a large explosion.

"What was that?" Sir Penwood asked, looking like he was on the verge of shitting himself.

"I'm afraid that was the heliport, Admiral," the soldier replied.

"Our enemies have planned this attack very well. Damn," Integra growled.

"Ma'am, I'm afraid we can't hold this position for much longer," there was the sound of gunfire and crashing over the intercom. "We're being overrun," after that, more gunfire and the Officer's voice devolved into hysterical screaming that was cut off a second later.

"Officer? Officer, report!" Integra yelled.

"Hello, this thing on? Alright, this is message is going out to the Round Table conference, with a very special shout out to the queen bitch herself, Miss Hellsing. Your ass is currently being hand-delivered on a silver platter by the Valentine brothers," a slightly manic voice sounded from the table's speaker.

"What the hell am I, minced guard?" Another voice asked, deeper than the first.

"No, that's lunch. Allow me to correct myself, the Valentine brothers featuring a special guest from Voldemort's little private army. My name is Jan Valentine, and I'm so looking forward to meeting all of you. We'll get acquainted after me and the men finish up lunch. Thanks for the meal, by the way," Jan said, a manic grin that the Round Table couldn't see splitting his face. Integra growled and her hand involuntarily clenched around her cigar, snapping it in two. "I'm really looking forward to seeing you all dead, I wanna hear you cry and beg for mercy. In the meantime, I highly recommend pissing yourselves, followed by a course of praying to your impotent God, but, hey, there's always time to man-up and kill yourselves. Thank you London, good night!" This was followed by a pair of bone-chilling laughs echoing from the small speaker as Integra bit her lip in anger so hard she drew blood.

---

Harry growled as he let loose a hail of bullets from Ebony & Ivory, shredding ghouls to pieces as they fed on the corpses of men he'd become friends with. Assholes. What gives you the right to fucking invade our home and start killing people? He thought furiously as he pulled Rebellion from his back and deflected a round of SMG fire. Moving quicker than these ghouls could hope to, he sped forward and cut them down. After Jan's demented little speech, Integra had contacted the vampires and Walter down in his room. Walter had come up with the plan they were now executing, he and Alucard would mop up the ghouls on their way to the conference room from the sub-basement, and Walter and his master would go directly there through the ventilation system. Alucard had, of course, gone off on his own as soon as they'd left, grinning at him and saying, "It's just a few ghouls, mage boy, you can handle it. I've got bigger fish to fry." Pffht...typical. Go off and leave me with all the nitty-gritty work.

Harry had soon made his way to the second floor, easily picking off the small groups of stragglers that had been between him and killing the prick who'd spoken over the intercom. Turning a corner, he met with the strange sight of a man dressed in a black robe standing amidst a pile of corpses, casually drinking blood from a decapitated head. "Ever heard of a glass?" Harry asked sarcastically, lining up Ebony for a good shot at his head.

"I prefer it fresh," the man said, an insane look in his eyes.

"Right, just for that, I'm skipping the banter and moving on to the part where I put a hole in your forehead," Harry said, squeezing off a shot only to be surprised when the man dodged it. "Hmm, not just any old Freak, then."

"Right you are, Mr. Potter," He replied and Harry gave him a strange look. "Wondering how I know who you are? I'm very knowledgeable about you and your magical friends, after all, it pays to know one's enemy," he said, rolling up his left sleeve and showing Harry the Dark Mark still burned into the skin there.

"So, you're a Death Eater turned vampire. Anyone important?"

"Maybe just to you and that little mudblood bitch of yours."

Harry took a good, long look at the Death Eater's face, suddenly his eyes widened in realization. He looked a little younger, but it was definitely..."Dolohov."

"Right you are," he replied, a grin on his face as Harry growled and his eyes burned red. "Aw, still mad over that little curse I threw at her?"

"Die!" Harry roared, holstering his guns, drawing his blade, and charging the Death Eater. He feinted left before sweeping around to the right, aiming a wide, horizontal slash at the man's midsection. It was blocked by a short sword as its twin was directed towards Harry's neck. Holding back the first with one hand, Harry drew Ebony and blocked the slash.

"Very good, seems you've had some practice," Dolohov said and, with a grunt of exertion, pushed Harry back.

"I had a good teacher," Harry said as he and the older man locked blades again. Harry let his knees buckle a bit before backflipping and delivering a vicious kick to Dolohov's chin. As he landed, Harry whipped out Ivory and popped of a quick volley of shots, which nailed the Death eater in the stomach. Blood spurted and Harry grinned. His little celebration was short-lived, however, as Dolohov recovered quickly and let fly a flurry of attacks coming from all directions and throwing Harry off guard. With a quick feint, Dolohov slipped past Harry's guard and sliced him across the chest. Harry hissed in pain and used his blades superior reach to make Dolohov back off.

"Sloppy," the Death Eater mockingly admonished as he once again closed in on Harry. Thinking fast, Harry threw his blade as hard as he could right at Dolohov, or so the other man thought. It sailed right past, just barely grazing the left side of Dolohov's chest before implanting in the wall. Dolohov just stood and laughed at Harry's terrible aim for a second, but that was all Harry needed. He charged forward and delivered a mighty thrust kick to his chest, throwing him backwards. Dolohov felt the sharp, blessed tips of Rebellion's pommel enter his back and a moment later watched in horror as it emerged from his chest. Not skipping beat, Harry was on him in a second, pinning his wrists to the wall with the barrels of Ebony & Ivory.

"How's that feel? Not very good, I imagine. Now, I'll ask you a simple question, since when does Voldemort have vampire Death Eaters?" Harry asked, his red eyes boring into Dolohov's.

"All I'll say is that we have powerful friends now."

"Really? No details that might keep me from killing you in the most painful manner I can imagine?" Harry punctuated his question by squeezing both guns' triggers at the same time, blowing Dolohov's wrists apart. He then moved them up to his elbows.

"Even if I wanted to tell you anything, do you really think they'd let me? The second I start running my mouth, I'm dead."

"Wrong answer," two trigger pulls, two obliterated elbows. Harry moved Ebony & Ivory level with his shoulders this time.

"Fuck you, Potter. Tell me, did that little whore of yours ever recover? Does she still scream at night thinking of the big, bad Death Eater who almost killed her?"

Harry growled and did away with his shoulders. "Give me something useful, goddammit."

"I have nothing more to say to you," Dolohov spat. Harry snarled and twisted Rebellion around until the blade was vertical. Then, with a grunt of exertion, swung the blade out through the Death Eater's head.

"Worthless piece of shit," he shot back, spitting on the corpse that was now split in half from just below the middle of its chest to the top of its head. Harry swung his blade to the side, throwing blood off it, and put it on his back before moving on, At least I'll have some good news for Mione when I see her again.

---

Alucard let out a deep laugh, this was actually getting fun. He and the elder Valentine brother, Luke, had been exchanging fire for a few moments and he'd actually been able to dodge most of Alucard's shots. He felt his own blood pour from where Luke had hit him, then again...he hadn't even been trying to move, it was only a few gunshot wounds, nothing he couldn't handle. "Yes, excellent, I haven't had this much fun in ages. It's obvious that your powers are beyond even the highest category of vampire. Releasing Control Art Restriction Systems 3...2...1...approval of Situation A recognized. Commencing the Cromwell Invocation, ability restrictions lifted for limited use until the enemy has been rendered silent," Alucard chanted, the pentagrams on the backs of his gloves beginning to glow red as he moved his fingers to form a rectangle. Within this rectangle was a bright, red eye in the middle of Alucard's face. All details of his body faded until he was nothing more than a shadowy wraith with a pulsing red aura. From Luke's perspective, a million of the glowing, red eyes seemed to open everywhere around him. Alucard's voice drifted once more from the darkness, "Now, Luke Valentine, it's time to educate you on how a REAL VAMPIRE DOES BATTLE!" His body began to contort and morph forming into the head of a massive hellhound, then the full beast, charging towards the horrified Luke. He just barely dodged the first bite, turning and running as fast as he could, screaming in fear as he did so. As the hound gave chase, Alucard's arm, complete with Jackal emerged from its mouth, firing off a shot and completely severing Luke's left leg. Luke, his fear overcoming the pain, ignored this and continued on, trying his best to hop away until stopped by Alucard removing his other leg. He screamed and fell to the ground at the base of the stairs that led out of Alucard's chamber.

"What are you? What in the hell are you?" Luke shouted at the formless, shadowy blob that slowly formed into Alucard, standing taller than ever, wearing the same leather outfit Integra had found him in, his lower body still consumed by darkness, that unblinking, red eye still staring at Luke, this time from Alucard's chest.

"Come on, get up. Attack me! You've only suffered the loss of your legs. Summon your familiars, transform your body, heal your severed limbs. The evening's still so young. Come on hurry, hurry, hurry, pull yourself together, the fun's just beginning. Come on, HURRY!"

Luke, whether out of pain, fear, or just horror, simply yelled, "Monster!"

Alucard's grin faded, his shadows retreated into his body and he growled, "So, I see you for what you really are. You're pathetic."

"Shut up, you're not even fit to call yourself a vampire, all you do is get yanked around on your leash by Hellsing and the Church of England like the dog you are. You're-"

"Silence! I'm a dog, am I? Then you're dog food," Alucard said, his hellhound forming at his shoulder. With a growl, it charged forward, and Luke Valentine was now no more than a splatter of blood across the stairs. "Such a shame I overestimated you. After all, as a vampire you were nothing but a pathetic piece of shit," Alucard chuckled, "and now, you're dog shit." He stretched out his senses for a second, feeling Harry moving up the staircase that led to the top floor, and Seras...running from something. "Hmm...that one didn't seem like much, I wonder what's drawing the fight out?"

---

Seras recoiled in horror from the sight of these ghouls Jan had summoned so he could make a break for the Round Table, they were Hellsing troops that had died defending these halls. She screamed as one grabbed her ankle and tripped her, images of their faces in life stopping her from summoning the appropriate killer instinct to defend herself. They swarmed her, touching and grabbing everywhere...until they drove her past her breaking point. Her eyes glowed red and she began to tear them to pieces with her bare hands.

Integra, watched all this through the conference chamber's open door, through which she and the other members of the Round Table had greeted Jan at muzzle velocity, and could barely believe the sight of sweet, naïve, little Seras Victoria ripping what had once been her men to shreds. The smile on her face as she did it would certainly haunt her dreams for weeks. "SERAS!"

"MASTER!" Harry and Integra seemed to be on the same wavelength, both calling and running towards the Draculina from opposite sides.

Integra threw her arms around the girl from behind, "Seras, that's enough. Please...stop."

Harry had, meanwhile, grabbed hold of both her shoulders and watched as her eyes faded back to blue, a confused, then horrified look overcoming her features.

Walter kicked Jan as hard as he could manage, right in the biggest hole he could find. "You're going to tell me who put you up to this, and you are going to tell me now," Walter said simply, bringing his glove up to his mouth and stretching out a length of his wire.

"Really, now? Pussy," Jan shot back, a grin on his face. Three shots rang out that left him doubled over in pain.

"That's enough of that, you've pissed me off," Integra growled as she and the two resident fledglings walked up. Seras was still staring at her bloodstained hands while Harry had thrown a comforting arm around her shoulder and was giving Jan a look that said 'If Integra weren't talking to you right now, I'd fucking end you.' "Who's responsible for this? Start talking."

Jan simply laughed, and didn't stop til Integra shot him again. He slowly hauled himself to his feet, "Come on, bitch, I'm sure you can figure it out. It's the same guys who put the fucking chip in me. You know, the chip that's telling them everything that happens, the chip that means there's no way they'll let me just sit here, dying and ready to spill everything," he chuckled again as bright, blue fire began to consume him. "See, fucking told you so. So, since I'm well and truly fucked, why don't you take this little tidbit and shove it up your asses. Beware...the...Millennium." The fire burned even hotter, reducing the cackling moron to a streak of ash on Integra's carpet.

---

The next morning, Integra sat at her desk, countless faces staring back at her whenever she closed her eyes. Sir Islands had insisted she take responsibility and put the men out of their misery herself, after declaring the entire fiasco her fault and receiving very vocal protests from both Walter and Harry. She'd done as ordered, and she wasn't sure if the faces would ever begone from her mind. Seras had just stood there, and Integra couldn't blame her, no doubt she'd be seeing some phantoms as well.

Walter walked in a moment later, banishing the bad memories for the time being. He pulled out a set of files, "Out of the 96 agents of Hellsing stationed here in London, only 10 are still alive. 8 of whom are only living because they were away during the attack. Excluding them, we are the only survivors."

"What about Seras, Alucard, and Harry?"

"I didn't count them, they're already dead, Sir Integra."

"Yes, of course," Integra replied, she really needed to clear her head, this whole thing was disrupting her thinking. "Any word yet on Millennium?"

"We've secured the help of the Office of British Intelligence as well as the National Public Safety Commission. We even went through the unsorted stacks of books at the British Museum. Internationally, we've discovered 7 occult and military enthusiast organizations throughout Japan, France, and the U.S., but nothing concrete so far."

"Really? Not a single solid lead?"

"My apologies, Sir Integra. As of now, they only thing we really know is the definition of the word itself, the span of one thousand years."

"That could be it."

"I'm all ears, ma'am."

"Don't you remember, Walter? There was once a man who aimed to have his empire last a thousand years. So consumed by this dream was he that started a war that spanned the globe. Hitler's Germany, the so-called Thousand Year Reich."

---

A/N: We'll get back to the Wizarding World next chapter, and maybe Dumbledore will reveal a few secrets. Hope you enjoyed. Drop a review and check out my other story, Harry Potter and the Power of the Void. It's a cross between a highly AU Potterverse and Final Fantasy.

Small warning: Poll over Hermione's fate closes when I begin writing the new chapter.

-Sypher Kyaeon