Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Most Idiotic Thoughts by ayumi-nb
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Most Idiotic Thoughts

ayumi-nb

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your holidays, I did.

So, what's this exactly? A belated Christmas present for you to enjoy. It was supposed to be a 100words drabble, but it kept on growing… and since it was originally written for harry100 (prompt - stupidity), I had to cut it in 7 parts (700 words total)… so, please, bear with me?

By the way, this is totally random. And it doesn't make much sense either.

Disclaimer: Harry Potter (c) JKR. Plot (c) Me.

~

"The Most Idiotic Thoughts"

(DH-AU, right after Ron returns. Harry's POV // He said he loved her like a sister… because it was the right thing to do.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love her like a sister.

I do.

I really do.

Really.

I mean, what else could it be, this feeling? She has been the only one to stand by my side through anything -everything- over this past seven years, that I just ought to feel something for her.

I need her.

Badly.

She is what keeps me going these days.

So, yes, I love her.

Like a sister, of course. Because loving her as anything but would be like betraying Ron. I would never do that to my best friend, he deserves to be happy.

And so does Hermione.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They deserve to be happy, they do.

It's what he wants. It's what she wants. It's what everybody wants.

And I don't even know if I'll live long enough to be eighteen, so why make things more complicated by saying something that will end up hurting those I care about.

I love Hermione.

Like a sister, because it's the only way I should.

So there's no reason to feel guilty for saying so to Ron. It was the right thing to say at the time, what he needed to hear.

It's not my fault he wasn't facing me right then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I did the right thing by telling him that.

Ron loves her.

She cried an awful lot when he left so she must love him as well.

So, I love her like a sister, because it's the only way I can. Forget that I don't really know how to do that as I'm an ONLY CHILD.

But that's all I'll ever have, and I need her too bloody much to complain.

And that's fine. I'm fine.

Right?

Right.

I love Hermione.

Only like a sister.

Yes, Harry, keep telling yourself that and you may start to believe it someday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love Hermione.

I love her like a sister.

I love you, Hermione.

I love you.

Iloveyou. Iloveyou. Iloveyou.

I love you like a sister. I-

"Well, that's too bad, because I don't love you like a sister."

No bloody way.

(Hermione sits next to him, not meeting his gaze.)

"Did you know that you think out loud?"

No bloody way.

"And of all the things you thought, I don't know which one was the most stupid."

Stupid…? What…?

(She finally turns to face him, her face's marred by a frown.)

"What makes you think I'm in love with Ron?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well-

"Crying after someone left doesn't equals love, you know."

But-

"Did it ever occur to you, maybe, that I cried because our bond was breaking? Because the Golden Trio was falling apart? Because I felt like I was losing my best friends?"

I-

"And the following days, maybe I cried because you weren't talking to me? Because you wouldn't even look at me for more than a few moments?"

(She pauses, breathing heavily, and her voice drops to a mere whisper.)

"Did it ever occur to you that, maybe… I cried because I wanted you to comfort me?"

Hermione…

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How can you know you love me like a sister, Harry… if you're an only child?"

I don't-

"You don't know, and yet you lied to Ron."

It was the right-

"What? The right thing to do? No, Harry, the right thing to do was telling your best friend the truth. Tell me the truth."

I don't-Hermione… What about Ron?

"And what about me? Don't I get a say in this?"

I suppose-

"I'm not in love with Ron. I don't love you like a sister. I can't, because I can't see you as a brother."

(She pauses, again.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I love you, Harry. As simple as that. I love you."

(She stands up suddenly, looking down at him, and smiles sadly.)

"Things could be that simple for you too, if you would just put your idiotic thoughts aside."

(Leaning down, she brushes a kiss over his scar, and then she's gone, leaving him to ponder about her words.)

Like a sister… Doing the right thing…

She's right, it's stupid.

Idiotic thoughts.

I don't want to sound selfish, but…

Idiotic thoughts aside.

Hermione…

Idiotic thoughts aside, I…

I love you, too, Hermione.

As simple as that.

I love you, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

End.

Comment, please?

-->