Unofficial Portkey Archive

Astoria's Secret by pottersmissus
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Astoria's Secret

pottersmissus

Disclaimer: All things pertaining to Harry Potter are the property of J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Books/Scholastic Press and Warner Bros. I just like to play with them!

A/N: Hello again! It feels like forever since I've posted anything, but real life is so busy at the moment that I barely get time to read fics let alone write them. This idea has been knocking about my head for a while and the last couple of days, my muse seems to have woken up so I present the fruits of my labour (and a couple of rather late nights!) Please review!

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good...

***

Harry Potter was enjoying his weekend off.

It was the first weekend that he hadn't had to work in months. As an Auror, he was supposed to have one weekend off every month, but for the last three he had been heavily involved in rounding up a group of neo-Death Eaters who wanted to pick up where Voldemort left off, causing the department no end of hassle and ensuring that his scheduled weekends off were either spent in the office amid a mountain of paperwork or in the field dodging numerous curses. Those pure-blood supremacists really needed to learn to take some time off.

Like Harry was now finally able to do. Though he had slept in until noon (something he knew a certain friend of his would consider a waste of a morning), he planned to make the most of his two days of freedom before being back in the office on Monday. He was planning to meet Ron in a couple of hours to go and see a Chudley Cannons match, before heading out tonight to The Lucky Leprechaun, or Lucky's as it was known to its many patrons, the bar owned by his former schoolmate, Seamus Finnegan.

After waking up, he'd made himself a cup of coffee and a bacon sandwich and sat down on the sofa to enjoy his leisurely brunch, while reading today's issue of the Daily Prophet, his feet propped up on the coffee table in front of him. He was examining the latest Quidditch scores, when he saw green flames flash in his fireplace and seconds later, Hermione Granger, heavily laden with shopping bags, stepped into the room.

"Oh, Harry," she said, when she saw him. "I'm so glad you're home."

Harry raised a sardonic brow as he put down the paper. "Well, it is my weekend off."

Hermione failed to notice his sarcasm - in fact she seemed rather flustered. "Oh, yes, of course it is."

"So, do what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

Taking a deep breath, she dumped her shopping bags on the armchair and took a seat next to him on the sofa, where she sat for several seconds, wringing her hands.

Harry was intrigued (and a little apprehensive). He'd never seen his best friend so nervous in all the time he'd known her. Of course, back at school, she'd been pretty bad around exam time, but never like this.

"I...um...wanted to talk to you about something."

He could see that she was struggling with what to say next, so he leaned over and took her hand in his.

"Mione, you know you can talk to me about anything. It says so in `Friendship For Dummies."

He hoped by injecting a little humour into the conversation - with a Muggle book reference no less, it would help her to relax and he was pleased when her mouth curled slightly at the corners.

"It's just that...well, the thing is...oh, hell, I'm just going to say it..."

She bit her lip and took another deep breath.

"I'm going to lose my virginity tonight."

Of all the things Harry might have guessed she'd say, that had been nowhere on the list. And he wasn't entirely sure what he should say, what she wanted him to say.

"Oh. I mean, good," he stuttered slightly, suddenly wondering if anxiety was contagious. "It is good, right?"

Hermione looked up. "Yes." Then she looked down again. "I mean, I think so."

Harry frowned. "Mione, if you're not sure about this..."

She shook her head. "Oh, no, I am...I mean Alex and I have been together for almost eight months and I love him and I just...I've waited a long time and I'm just a little on edge at the thought of finally taking our relationship to that level."

Alex, or Alexander Juno, was Hermione's boyfriend. They had begun dating at the beginning of the year, after meeting at a Ministry ball. Alex worked in the International Magical Office of Law and he was handsome, charming and above all, a very intelligent wizard - a seemingly perfect match for Hermione. Even so Harry had never overly warmed to him - he didn't know why, there was just something about him that he wasn't quite sure about (an opinion shared by his other best friend and Hermione's former boyfriend, Ron Weasley).

"Er...look, Hermione...wouldn't it be better to speak to Ginny about this?"

She pulled a face. "Um...I'd rather not. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Ginny to pieces, but her advice tends to be a little questionable. Plus, every conversation with her that is even remotely related to this topic ends up with her divulging more than is ever necessary for me to know about Draco Malfoy."

Harry grimaced. "I can imagine. And now I wish I couldn't."

Contrary to the expectations of many, he and Ginny Weasley had not rekindled their relationship after the war. So when after leaving school, Ginny joined the Holyhead Harpies as a Chaser, she went through numerous Quidditch players (much to her mother's despair), before hooking up with one Draco Malfoy (much to her whole family's despair). Since the war, Draco had kept a low profile, working for the Malfoy Corporation and trying to prove to the wizarding world that he regretted his past actions. And after eighteen months together, he and Ginny were still joined at the hip (with her family and friends eventually coming to accept the relationship).

Harry cleared his throat. "So it's just nerves then? I mean, you really are sure about this?"

"Well, yes, I mean, I've given this a lot of thought. I'm twenty-three years old, I have a great relationship with a wonderful man and I don't think there's any reason for me to keep waiting." She looked up then and caught Harry frowning slightly. "What?"

"Oh, nothing...I just have to admit I'm a little surprised by this whole thing. I mean, I always assumed that you and Ron had..."

Hermione blushed slightly. "Oh...well...I...no. I mean, Ron and I were only together for a few months and things fell apart before I was even ready to think about that with him."

Hermione and Ron were another couple everyone had had high hopes for and they had enjoyed a brief relationship in the aftermath of the war. But despite their mutual attraction and affection, the things about each other that had often irritated them when they were friends seemed only magnified by their new-found intimacy, until it became apparent that a future together was not on the cards for them.

In fact, Ron was now happily engaged to Luna Lovegood and Harry could easily see they were much better suited. Ron was pretty laid-back about life, a trait which had exasperated a very driven Hermione, whereas Luna's carefree nature was much more complementary.

"Anyway," Hermione continued. "I don't know why I'm so nervous about it. I mean, I guess the first time is kind of a big deal for a woman, with the pain and everything, but in the general sense, if you love someone, why not express that love in what is a perfectly natural way?"

"I suppose so, yes."

"I mean, you and Melinda must have..."

It was Harry's turn to blush. Melinda Smythe was his last girlfriend, a Ministry stenographer who he'd dated for five months.

"Well...um...she was my girlfriend, so...yes."

"She wasn't your first, was she?"

He reddened further. "No...no, she wasn't." He continued, sensing the direction she was going. "My first was Cho Chang."

He knew he'd surprised her. "Cho?"

"It was a couple of years ago. I ran into her at Lucky's one night and we decided to have a drink together for old time's sake. One drink became two and Seamus eventually kicked us out and Cho invited me back to her flat for coffee."

Hermione looked slightly amused. "You lost your virginity in a one night stand with Cho Chang?"

"Hardly a one night stand," Harry said with mock indignation. "She was my first kiss, remember?"

"I guess it is fitting somehow," Hermione remarked.

"Anyway," Harry said. "It wasn't just one night. We got together again a couple of times after that, but neither of us was really looking for a relationship."

"Were you nervous? You know, about it being your first time?"

Harry looked thoughtful. "I don't really remember. I did have quite a bit to drink that night though. Cho didn't seem to be, but then, I don't think I was her first."

"I guess experience makes a lot of difference." She bit her lip again. "I think Alex has quite bit of experience and I suppose I'm a little worried that I won't know what to do...that I won't be any good."

This, it seemed, was the root of Hermione's nerves - the girl whose worst fear was to be told she'd failed at something was scared of failing at sex.

Harry took her hand again. "Mione, look, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm pretty sure that for most people, the first time they have sex, is one event in their lives where they feel totally inept and awkward - the reason I don't remember, is probably because it was so traumatic that I blocked it out."

He was pleased to see Hermione smile slightly.

"Actually, I happen to think you're pretty lucky. You get to have your first time with someone you love - that's pretty rare these days. As for not being any good, I can't imagine he wouldn't like anything that you would do. And I'll let you in on a little secret," he said as he leaned closer. "Men are pretty easy to please - we like just about anything."

Hermione's smile grew a little wider and she squeezed his hand.

"You're right, Harry, you're absolutely right." She grinned suddenly. "You're not usually right."

"Hey!" He lightly slapped her on the arm as she laughed out loud. "Prepare for some competition, Little-Miss-Know-It-All."

She continued grinning but curbed her laughter. "Seriously, Harry, thanks. You're a great friend. And I'm sorry if I embarrassed you - I mean, this is hardly a desirable topic of conversation."

"Well, no more than discussing Malfoy's bedroom antics with Ginny."

"Oh, please don't start that again," she said with an expression of distaste. "Now, I really ought to get going. Alex is working today but he's coming to mine afterwards and I'm going to prepare a candlelit supper for two."

"Sounds nice."

"Can I just use your bathroom before I go?"

He nodded. "You know where it is."

As Hermione headed to the bathroom, Harry stood up and stretched. Once Hermione had gone, he needed to get ready to go and meet Ron. Spotting her bags on the armchair, he picked them up and groaned slightly under the combined weight. What kind of witch carried around such heavy shopping bags without casting a weightless charm? Maybe it was a woman thing?

Suddenly, one of the bags slipped from his grip and fell to the floor. Putting the others down on the coffee table, he bent to pick it up, stopping when he noticed the insignia printed it.

Astoria's Secret

Harry knew of the popular lingerie shop located down a side street off Diagon Alley, which was owned by Astoria Greengrass, sister of his former Slytherin classmate, Daphne Greengrass. According to Ginny, if was Malfoy's favourite shop and every time they went in, he spent an obscene amount of money.

Picking up the bag, he couldn't help looking inside and amidst the white tissue paper, he glimpsed something pink and lacy.

He had never thought Hermione was the type to shop in Astoria's Secret, and then he shook his head at his own idiocy. Of course - she had obviously bought something to wear for her special night with Alex.

Unbidden, his brain suddenly conjured an image of Hermione laying on her bed, naked except for some pink lacy lingerie covering her slim curves and he was shocked when the picture made his cock twitch unexpectedly inside his sweat pants.

What in Merlin's name...?

He shook his head to try and rid himself of the image. He suddenly felt appalled with himself. Hermione was one of his best friends and like the sister he had never had the chance to have. And the thought of her wearing her newly purchased garments was definitely not something that a brother should be thinking about his sister.

In the eleven years they'd been friends, he'd never once thought of Hermione in that way. Ever since the night of the Yule Ball in fourth year, he'd been aware that she was a beautiful girl, but he'd never felt any kind of attraction to her before now.

His speculating was disturbed then by Hermione's return and he quickly picked up the rest of her bags and handed them to her.

"Thanks, Harry," she said, smiling. "For everything."

Moving her bags into one hand, she leaned forward, hooking her other arm around his neck and pulling him into a hug, before placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Will I see you tomorrow for Sunday lunch at the Burrow?"

Every Sunday, Molly Weasley invited all her family, extended family and surrogate family to lunch, though Harry had been kept away for the last few weeks due to work.

"Um...yes, I'll be there."

Hermione smiled again, gave him another brief hug and then taking a handful of Floo powder from a pot on the mantelpiece, she threw it into the flames, stepped in, uttered the word `home' and disappeared.

Harry simply stood there, recalling the way that her breasts had pressed against his chest when she hugged him, the scent of her shampoo lingering in his nostrils and his cheek burning where she'd kissed him, as his mind buzzed with questions.

Firstly, how could he explain this sudden and unexpected attraction to his best friend? And secondly, what the hell was he going to do about it?

***

Mischief managed!

Hope you liked it! Don't make me shamelessly beg for reviews again...ok, well I'm going to anyway - pretty please with Harry on top (or maybe Hermione - you'll have to review to find out more!)

-->