Unofficial Portkey Archive

Bonds of Blood and Love by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Bonds of Blood and Love

spacegal

Title: Bonds of Blood and Love

Characters: Harry/Hermione (Main) Others will be mentioned

Rating: Mature/Adult

Disclaimers: I do not own the forum Harry Potter and its places, characters and transportation. The forum belongs to JK Rowling. I do not make any profit/money or take any credit from creating this fanfiction. There is no copyright infringement intended.

Summary: The Summer after Fifth year, Harry is visited by someone he never expected to visit at all. Learning the truth of who he really is, Harry cuts off all ties and disappeared for the entire summer to become stronger.

Harry comes back but he is no longer the same man who left at the beginning, now the Wizarding World must learn that a bite is always worse than a growl…

A/N: this was inspired by this marvellous story: Burning Magic: Fire of the Heart. I am hoping that by letting you know of the story, we can convince the author to finish it! It's a really good story - although it sorta reminds me of Devil May Cry 4, it is worth the read if you like dragons.

Warnings: Sexual Themes, demonic themes, dragons themes, supernatural themes, violence themes. Back to my all time favourite - Weasley/Dumbledore/Snape/Fudge/Ministry/Umbridge bashing - although I've never actually had the chance to bash Umbridge due to my muse disappearing on me for my Darkness Story *Grumbles that Muses are a nightmare half of the time*.

There are SIX OCs.

Timeline: Set after Year 5. NOT SIXTH/SEVENTH BOOK COMPATIBLE!

Enjoy! *Gives a bow before rushing over to her game console to play DMC 4 - Nero is uber hot and Dante is just smokin'!*

I know I promised a Crossover with the title 'Bonds of Blood and Love' but one of my discs, that it had been saved on, it wiped it so I no longer have it *sobs* but I thought this title suits the story so I hope you like!

*****************

Chapter 1: A Strange Ally…

For once, the sky was void of clouds, revealing a velvety black night sky with stars twinkling brightly and the moon high and full.

A lone boy was walking along the darkened path off Privet Drive. His hands were shoved in his pockets. He wore a white shirt and black jeans with a pair of sad excuse for trainers as they were taped together by using duct tape. It was obvious the boy wasn't care for very well.

He walked with his head hung, as if the whole world rested on his shoulders as he walked aimlessly through the streets, not caring where he was going. He was known as Harry Potter to his friends but more known as Freak to his family or the-boy-who-lived to the Wizarding World just because he survived a curse that his parents did not, leaving him an orphan at the age of one.

He had been sent to live with his mother's sister, his aunt and her husband and their child but they were anything but family to Harry as they treated him badly each year. All they cared about was making sure that he didn't do any of his 'freakiness' around other people, potentially embarrassing them. Harry had learned to stop caring about them, especially when he learned the truth.

His parents had been killed on Halloween by a man who the Wizarding Community feared yet didn't do anything to stop him. They lived in fear the whole time until a seer had given a prophecy. Him. He was the one who could stop Voldemort. After his parents died, everyone praised him without realising that it was his mother's love that caused the killing spell to rebound back at Voldemort. That had led him to getting his scar and becoming famous.

When he was eleven, he was retrieved by Hagrid, a half-giant who worked on the grounds of Hogwarts and was his Care of Magical Creature teacher. That was when he found that he was a wizard and he was to attend to Hogwarts to learn how to control his magic. His aunt and uncle had been furious, refusing to let him go but it had been futile, Harry went to Hogwarts and proceeded to learn more about himself each year…with betrayal and loss clear.

The last two years has been hell for the young man. In his fourth year, he had been forced to compete in a competition only for him to lose someone he considered as a friend and watched as his parents' murderer rise from the dead once more.

His fifth year consisted of people refusing to believe that Voldemort had come back and spent a majority of the year slagging him off. There had been a teacher who had been horrible toward Harry to the point she had been bullying in him private in order to keep him quiet on Voldemort's return. But it all been for nothing as Voldemort had tricked Harry and he ended up losing his god-father while gaining the respect and belief of the wizarding community once more.

Harry snorted in disgust as he reached the park. He moved toward the swing. He didn't know how to deal with the Wizarding World. They were either intent of praising him as their saviour or they were intent on dragging him through the mud of denial and he was supposed to be the one to stop Voldemort and save them. It made him think twice, made him ask himself if he truly wanted to continue to be a pawn in people's games.

Harry sat on the swing and pushed at the ground, forcing the swing to go back then forward. He looked around the park only for his eyes to swing back when he spotted a shadow heading toward him. He got off his swing and stood, ready to fight or flee if needed.

"Hello Harry," the man greeted casually, like he was greeting an old friend.

"Who are you?" Harry asked, looking over to where he heard a noise off to the side only to frown when he saw someone with a wizard robe on. They weren't looking in his direction but merely looking around, as if they were keeping watch for something.

"Do not worry, they cannot see me or hear us. To them, you are merely just swinging," the man assured him with a shrug as he stepped forward. He had brown hair and green eyes. He also wore a white shirt and black jeans but he wore a wizard robe over the clothes.

"Who are you?" Harry asked. The man smirked.

"Do you not recognise me? Or at least…recognised who I used to be?" he asked. "You met my version back in your second year." He shook his head. "Thanks for destroying the diary." Harry's jaw dropped.

"Tom Riddle?" he whispered and got a smirk in result. "What are you doing here? And how did you get back your human form?" Harry held his wand up, defending himself.

"You cannot harm me," Tom told him, stepping forward. "I'm not alive." Harry frowned, confused. "I'm the…good part of Voldemort's soul…well, I used to be a part of Voldemort but once he got his first taste of murder, our soul was split in half."

"I don't understand," Harry told him and Tom sighed.

"Think of it as this way. Everyone has choices, different paths to take, right?" Harry nodded. "Well, Tom Riddle who you know as Voldemort, he had a choice but he chose the darkness. Once you've choose a path, sometimes a soul can be split. Once Voldemort had chosen the dark path, I was forced from his soul and became…well, I guess you could call me a ghost."

"Are you saying Voldemort had good in him?" Harry asked, dumbfounded. Everyone had always made it seem like Voldemort had always been evil, that there had been no other paths for him to take.

Tom nodded, sadly.

"Yes. When I first came to Hogwarts, I felt accepted for the first time in my life. I was with people who were like me and understood me. There was one…" he trailed off as sadness filled his eyes. "She was the best. She was my best friend. She had been there for me through everything." Harry brought his wand down to his side.

"What happened to her?" he asked.

"I lost her," Tom whispered and Harry felt pain clear in his heart. He had almost lost his best friend too. "I was so stupid to believe that people could accept us. My house didn't like her and her house hated me. They tried to split us up on numerous accounts but they backed off…at least I thought they had."

"Tom?" Tom looked at Harry, hate haunting his dark eyes.

"They kidnapped us and beat us up before they raped her right before my eyes and I couldn't do anything about it," Tom explained. "She kept screaming and shouting, she fought the whole time but they just laughed before they killed her when they were finished." Harry looked away, unable to bear the raw pain that was clear in Tom's eyes and voice. "That was when I picked a path…well; it was when Tom decided that people should pay for what they had done."

"Killing people?" Harry asked and Tom nodded.

"Yes. Grief can make you do many things. No one will know what they will do when they are grieving," Tom explained. "The loss of our best friend drove Voldemort to his destiny. He felt that people weren't worth it and decided to change the world but as you see, he has gone off track."

"How do you know all of this?" Harry asked, confused.

"I was part of the diary as well," Tom admitted. "I tried to show you the truth of what really happened but unfortunately Voldemort's soul took over and showed you what he did to Hagrid." Tom shook his head. "I was too weak. Voldemort's evil and hatred was strong enough to overpower me.

"At least we found out the truth before anyone was killed," Harry pointed out and Tom nodded.

"That, I was very thankful for. I was ashamed when I found out that Myrtle had died and that was when our soul had split into two." Harry was amazed to see a tear slip free from Tom's eye. Tom turned his face and, hurriedly, wiped it away. Once Tom was sure he had wiped his tear away, he turned to face Harry once more.

"Your friend…" Harry started, curious. He had never heard anyone say that Voldemort…Tom had a best friend and it made him wonder just what else they were keeping from him that could help him bring an end to the war…for good.

"She was a muggleborn," Tom whispered. Harry stared at him, shocked.

"But…" Harry started and tom nodded.

"I know he is killing muggleborns and halfblood but that's only because he had been driven completely mad. The memory of her lives inside of us and our actions response to it. Each time he sees a muggleborn or a halfblood, he is reminded of everything we went through and the end result. Why let them live only to suffer in the end?"

"He's killing them because he thinks they'll face the same fate as your best friend did?" Harry whispered as realisation dawned on him. Tom nodded.

"That's why he refuses to answer or accept his real name, because it reminds him of how weak he was when she was killed. To be Voldemort means no-one would try and cross him because he is powerful."

"Do you know…?" Harry asked, trailing off and Tom nodded.

"Yes, I've been following you since you broke me free from the diary. You continue to amaze me. Despite everything you go through, you keep on moving. You give me hope that maybe you can win the war."

"Who was the girl?" Harry asked, curious.

"She was a Gryffindor," Tom chuckled, shaking his head as a fond smile crossed his face, missing the shocked expression that crossed Harry's face. "We first met each other on the train. She just started telling everyone that that she couldn't wait to start so she could learn before she told her name. It was then I knew that she was special."

"She sounds like someone I know," Harry whispered and Tom nodded.

"Hermione Granger," Tom said. Harry looked up at him, startled. "I told you, I've been following you for a long time. She reminds me so much of my best friend, stubborn and brilliant and scary." Harry chuckled. "But there is something I need to tell you," Tom told him, suddenly serious. "Dumbledore hasn't been telling you the whole truth. You are not just a halfblood - you parents had a mixed inheritance."

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked, confused.

"You need to head to Romania, where Charlie Weasley is," Tom told him. "You need to meet the dragons. Only then you will understand what I'm trying to explain but you must move fast, every day Dumbledore continues to pull your strings and every day Voldemort rises higher. Delay any longer and you will lose this war."

"What do I do?" Harry asked, understanding that Tom was very serious.

"Pack your stuff as soon as possible and open the parcel that you received anonymously. It will only activate when you touch it and it will take you straight to Charlie Weasley. You can trust him, he will not betray you," Tom assured.

"How do you mean?" Harry asked.

"Your enemies are moving closer, Harry. Some of them are close to you, pretending to be good friends while people you deem as enemies in fact to be friends; they are merely pretending in order to protect themselves and the people they love."

"How long do I have?" Harry asked.

"Half an hour," Tom confirmed. "I will hold them off as long as I can but I can't promise any longer than that." Harry nodded, understanding.

"Will I see you again?" Harry asked and Tom smiled.

"I'm stuck here until I can move on. Call me for me and I'll help you in anyway I can," Tom promised, holding out his hand. Harry took it without hesitation and a dark blue glow surrounded them for a moment before it died down. "GO!" Tom shouted and Harry bolted down the street just as Dementors swarmed the park that Harry had been in moments ago. A brief flash of light erupted and the Dementors wailed in agony and shock, rearing backward to get away from the light.

Harry chanced a look over his shoulder to see Tom pushing the dementors away before turning back to the front and running down the tunnel that had lead him to the park. Rushing forward, the streets began to blur as he continued to run past them. Nothing mattered anymore other than the adrenaline pumping through his blood when he felt a strange sensation behind him. The hair on the back of his next rose up and Harry instantly knew what was behind him.

As he rounded the corner he spied his cousin, Dudley Dursley, walking down the street and knew that he couldn't allow him to die at the hands of the Dementors. Dudley had been happy walking down the street when he was startled as his cousin ran toward him with a wild look on his face. Fear ran through Dudley's body, sending shivers down his back as Harry slowed down but didn't stop running.

"Dudley, we have to run!" Harry grabbed Dudley's wrist and pulled him along the road. Dudley, sensing the coldness in the warm night, instantly knew that something was wrong and allowed himself to follow Harry.

They rushed toward the house but it was getting harder for Dudley to run as the coldness started to envelop him from the inside out. It felt like a hand was reaching to freeze him from the inside, and it was worrying him.

Harry turned his head when he felt Dudley was slowing down and his eyes widened when he saw a Dementor was close to Dudley. Harry pulled Dudley away from the Dementor and shoved his cousin in front of him, pushing him as fast as Dudley could go before they reached the door.

Opening the front door, he shoved Dudley into the house before spinning around and lifting his wand. Thinking of Hermione as she reached over and pressed a kiss to his cheek, promising him that they would see each other really soon filled him with emotion.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" a bright light erupted from Harry's wand, transformed into a stag and started galloping toward the dementors, taking them down. The dementors let out a screech, unable to handle the love, joy and happiness that the stag represented and all of them flew away from it in hope of escaping destruction.

Harry opened the front door and hurried into the hallway while slamming the front door close, startling his aunt and uncle as they hovered over Dudley, worried. Vernon narrowed his eyes when he saw his nephew standing there before Harry dashed past them to run up the stairs.

"What is going on boy?!" shouted Vernon, furious as he followed his nephew up the stairs with his Aunt following him. Harry rushed into his room and waved his wand, packing his suitcase before grabbing Hedwig and placing her on top of the cage and grabbed the parcel.

"I'm being set up," Harry hurried out in a quick breath, much to the confusion of his aunt and uncle. "They are trying to kill me and if I don't leave right now, they will kill you too."

"What are you talking about?" His aunt demanded, worried. For her nephew or her family was unclear.

"The dementors are not under the enemies' control. They are under the people who are supposed to be good. There is a war to be fought but I can't stay here. I have to go," Harry explained. Vernon was about to explode when Petunia placed a hand on her husband arm and nodded to Harry.

"Go, we'll tell them you just left," Petunia told him. Harry and Vernon stared at her in shock only to jump when there was a cracking sound from outside. "GO!" Petunia screamed. Harry ripped open the parcel and tipped it out to reveal a large crystal amulet. Wrapping his fingers around it and grabbing his trunk, he disappeared in a whirl of wind.

Lightening crackled out from where Harry had been before everything died down, revealing a completely normal room. Vernon and Petunia looked at each other before they hurried out of the room, hoping their son was okay.

Meanwhile, in the Dragon Reserve, Charlie Weasley was worried. All the dragons have yet to stop growling and breathing flame at everyone. He didn't understand what was going on. They were fine then all of a sudden they started going on a rampage when there was a large crash of thunder as a bright light erupted in the middle of the reserve.

Charlie turned his head away as his eyes watered from the bright light just as the light died down. Turning around once more, his jaw dropped when he saw Harry Potter was standing in the middle of the crater, his clothes burned and black soot on his face.

"Harry Potter?" Charlie asked, flabbergasted and Harry shot him a sheepish half grin before he coughed, expelling soot from his lungs before shaking his head.

"Hey Charlie, long time, no see, huh?" Harry asked.

TBC

For the image of the young Tom Riddle - I used Drew Fuller (Chris from Charmed)

One thing, I'm currently doing other multi-fic along with this so don't expect regular updates, mostly because this story is being betaed and it takes time in between chapters. I am trying to write the last two chapters for Love Bites but due to personal problems I had before Christmas and thanks to my interest in Vampires have gone out of the window - it's taking longer. I apologise.