Unofficial Portkey Archive

Affairs by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Affairs

Amynoelle and Heaven

This is just a little ficlet that we had the urge to write- whether it was to get some non DDverse smut out of our systems or something else, we're not sure. But it's part of an ongoing series of 'affairs' that will feature H/Hr in the canon universe. So if you don't like reading about cheating spouses, this set of stories is not for you. But since it's H/Hr and they belong together anyways… read on :) And please… REVIEW!! Thanks!

On the surface, Hermione Granger's life was almost like a fairy tale. She was married to her childhood sweetheart and she had two wonderful children, Rose and Hugo. Her children were happy, healthy and excelling at school. Recently promoted, Hermione had her hands full
as the head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. She had everything any woman would want.

But she still felt as if something were missing most of the time- felt as if she had done something wrong somewhere down the line.

"Today's post," her assistant said as she breezed into the room, dropping a stack of letters onto Hermione's desk. Hermione nodded and started thumbing through the letters. Her eyes fell on the familiar script on an envelope. For a moment, she resisted opening it, but curiosity got the better of her and she opened the letter. A small smile spread over her lips as she read the letter. Well, it was not really a letter. It just listed a simple address. It was not signed, but she knew who it was from. And she had an idea of what would happen if she went there.

It wouldn't be the first time, and she was certain it was far from the last. She tucked the address into her pocket and reached for her cloak.

She told her assistant she was leaving for the day. Her assistant raised an eyebrow, but Hermione did not care. She did not have to justify leaving early to her or anyone.

She hurried out of the Leaky Cauldron and into Muggle London, hopping on the Underground until she found the right stop. It was a quieter neighbourhood, near Notting Hill, and quite charming.

Hermione hurried up the steps and pressed the button on the intercom. "It's me," she said softly.

"Come on up," a male voice replied as he buzzed her in.

Hermione smiled as she stepped inside the building. She felt the butterflies flutter in her stomach at the idea of what was waiting for her.

Harry opened the door. "That didn't take you long."

Hermione stepped inside and Harry closed the door behind her. "I didn't want to keep you waiting," Hermione said. "Well that's not entirely true…"

Harry grinned and reached for her, sliding his hands under her cloak.

"I thought you were working on a case," Hermione said looking up at him.

"I was," he answered as he buried his face in her hair. "I got stuck."

"It's been two weeks," Hermione said closing her eyes.

"Too long," Harry said, tracing his lips over her smooth neck. "I couldn't wait to be with you again."

Hermione smiled and wrapped her arms around him. "Where did you find this place?"

"In the paper," Harry replied. "I've leased it out for as long as we want it."

Hermione opened her eyes and looked up at him. "Oh, I have a feeling we're going to want it for a very long time..."

Harry grinned. "I know."

Hermione mussed his hair. "But, you know....you are a little bit overdressed at the moment..."

"Am I?" he asked. "So are you..."

Hermione stepped back and turned around. "Think you could help me out?"

Harry looked at her for a long moment. "Anything you want..."

Hermione lifted up her hair and waited expectantly for him. She felt his warm hand on her neck as he slowly unzipped her dress.

"Hurry," she said, her voice husky.

Harry pressed his lips to the nape of her neck. "You're a bossy little thing, you know that?"

She smiled. "You love that about me."

Even now, she knew him better than anyone. Better than his wife, that was for sure. But, he did not want to think about Ginny. She had nothing to do with this.

"Stop stalling," Hermione said, her voice still throaty and low. "You know how I get when you--"

Harry cut her off by picking her up. "When I what, Granger? Hmm?"

"When you do this," she finished. "I always ask, when did you get so romantic?"

"You bring it out of me," Harry said before kissing her.

Hermione made a sound deep in her throat as she wound her arms around his neck.

Harry carried her to the bedroom, not breaking their kiss.

Hermione knew what she and Harry did was wrong, so very, very wrong on so many levels. Yet she knew how unhappy Harry's marriage was, and her own left a lot to be desired.

With a wave of his hand, the bedroom door opened and he carried her inside. He gently set her down on the bed and Hermione smiled seductively up at him. "Come here..."

He grinned back at her, feeling better than he had in awhile. "One second..." he said loosening his robe and pulling off his tie."

Hermione watched admiringly, if a little impatiently.

His eyes met hers as he tossed his tie aside. "Better."

Hermione reached for him. "Much."

He leaned over her, brushing her lips with his teasingly.

"You're driving me crazy, you know that?" Hermione asked putting her arms around him. "Absolutely crazy..."

"I know," he said, nipping at her lips. "I love seeing you like this."

Truth be told, he was the only one that she herself like this. She had never felt like this for anyone, not even her husband. No one could make her feel this way with just the touch of his hand. Hermione returned his kiss.

He moved his hand down under her robes to unbutton her blouse. "Bloody things," Harry muttered barely breaking his mouth from hers.

"Poor Harry," Hermione teased.

"I could just rip these off," he said.

"Like you did that first night," Hermione said, smiling at the memory of it.

"That was amazing," Harry nodded, his forehead touching hers. "I didn't know... I honestly didn't know it could be like that until I was with you."

It had taken them both by surprise and though Hermione knew she should feel guilty and chalk it up as a mistake. She could not do that. This did not feel like a mistake. Hermione kissed him as she arched against him.

Harry couldn't stop his hands from exploring her body as they undressed as quickly as possible. Hermione had the most beautiful figure he'd ever seen and he wanted to touch every inch of it.

Hermione closed her eyes and gave herself to their kiss. She felt as if every inch of her was on fire. Words failed her as Harry's hand deftly moved up her thigh.

They both let out moans simultaneously as Harry slid his fingers inside her.

"Hermione," Harry managed before crushing his lips to hers.

Hermione found herself incapable of words at the moment. What his fingers were doing to her insides made her body feel like it was on fire.

She whimpered as Harry trailed kisses down her shoulder. This was not enough. She wanted more.

"I want you," she managed. "Inside me..."

There was no place else that he wanted to be. He shifted his body so he was completely on top of her. It was Harry's favourite part of being with her. He looked into her eyes as he pressed himself into her.

His eyes met hers and Hermione smiled at the look in his eyes---desire. No one had ever looked at her that way. It was almost as if he could see right into her soul.

His breath caught as her body fully enveloped him. They moved together in unison, a perfect blend that was always meant to be.

"So beautiful," Harry whispered against her skin.

Tears pinpricked her eyes at his sweet words, but she held them back and clenched him even tighter. She dug her fingernails into his back, not caring if she left marks there.

Hermione buried her face in his neck. The words she so wanted to say on the tip of her tongue.

Their legs tangled together in the sheets as they released at the same time. Harry rolled off to her side, trying to catch his breath.

Hermione did the same and chanced a look at him. It was not her imagination, she thought. It really did get better each time. She moved closer to him and brushed the fringe from his forehead. "That was amazing," she said softly.

"It always is," he agreed, tracing a droplet of sweat over her shoulder. "You are so... so... amazing."

Hermione gave him a kiss before resting her head on his chest.

Harry was quiet for a few moments as he ran his hand through her hair. "Why didn't we just do this from the start?"

"I don't know," Hermione said honestly. It was a question she had asked herself over and over again.

"I always feel like myself with you," Harry continued. "With Ginny... it's all about status. Sometimes I wonder if she really loves me or my name."

Hermione lifted her head to look at him. "She's a fool."

"Maybe I'm the fool," Harry said quietly.

"Harry," Hermione said, touching his cheek.

"I shouldn't have stood by and let Ron pursue you," Harry told her. "I should have spoken up sooner." he sighed. "But then... saying that is like saying I wish my children were never born. And I can't go there."

"Me either," Hermione agreed. She thought of Rose and Hugo. She loved her children very much and they adored their father.

"I don't like being unfaithful," Harry said. "But I can't give you up."

Hermione nodded. "I can't give you up either. I tell myself when we're not together that it has to stop. That this is all wrong..."

"But whenever I see you," Harry propped himself up. "I can't help myself."

"Me either," Hermione said, shaking her head. "Merlin, this is such a mess."

"We'll just have to keep it a secret," Harry said, touching the side of her face.

Hermione nodded. "A secret."

"Until we figure something out," Harry said. "I don't want to hurt our families... but I can't live like this forever."

Hermione looked away. She sat up as well and pulled the covers back. "I should go..."

"Already?" he asked.

Hermione did not answer him. She reached for her clothes.

"Hermione," Harry said. "I loveyou."

Hermione turned and looked at him. "What did you just say?"

"I love you," He repeated. "You know that."

"As your best friend," Hermione said. "That's what you meant..."

Harry shook his head.

He took her hand. "I love you," he said again.

Hermione bit down on her lower lip, which was still swollen from kissing him. "I can't help but love you too," she confessed softly.

"What was that?" Harry asked pulling her to him.

Hermione smiled as she slid her arms around his neck. "I..." she kissed him lightly. "Love... You..."

Harry gave her a look that reminded her of the times at Hogwarts when she would warn him about breaking the rules. He would look at her in such a way that she would somehow find herself joining in. "So you're going to stay then?" he asked.

"For awhile," she promised, sliding under the sheets.

The end…. for now.