Unofficial Portkey Archive

Affairs by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Affairs

Amynoelle and Heaven

We hope you enjoy the second chapter of Affairs- We know that a lot of you have issues with the idea of H/Hr having an affair, but given what happened in JKR's dreadful last book, that really is the only way other than one of their spouses dying that they could be together. This doesn't mean the two of us condone this---it's just fiction. If you don't like reading about affairs, you probably shouldn't read this and we will understand. But, we hope that you will read and that you will review- and believe us when we say, the more reviews, the more excited we get about a story and the faster you get a new chapter!!! :)

It was quite an emotional day for Hermione. That morning, she had seen her oldest child, Rose, off to Hogwarts. It had been the hardest thing she ever had to do, saying goodbye to her daughter. She comforted herself with the fact that Rose would not be alone. She and Albus Potter would be
in the same year and hopefully would be sorted into the same house. Rose had promised to send her a letter that evening letting her know.

Hermione and Ron had not spoken much on the way home. Hugo wanted to go to the Burrow and Ron had a case. So after dropping off her son at the Burrow, Hermione went back to work. It would help keep her mind off of missing Rose. She looked at her watch.

"They are probably just arriving," Harry said from the doorway of her office. "Hagrid's probably greeting them right now."

Hermione looked up at him in surprise. "Hi---what are you doing here?"

At the train station, Ginny had mentioned to her that she had plans for a romantic interlude with her husband. Hermione had been so preoccupied with her worry over Rose that she had not given that statement much thought until now.

Harry shook his head. "I had to get away."

He stepped into her office and closed the door. "That's why I'm here. Wanted to get my mind off of Rose. I miss her like crazy."

"I miss James and Albus," Harry replied. "But they're in the safest place possible."

Hermione nodded. "I just hope Al and Rose are sorted into the same house."

"I'm sure they will be," Harry replied. He sighed and sat down on the leather sofa across from her desk.

Hermione could tell something else was wrong. "Harry?"

"You were there," he said wryly. "You heard everything."

"All I heard was her whispering in my ear if I would watch Lily for you while the two of you had some 'quality time'," Hermione said dryly.

"No," Harry shook his head. "After that. When she bloody told me she quit her job."

Hermione raised an eyebrow. "I thought she liked writing for the Prophet?"

"Apparently it's not enough," Harry rolled his eyes.

"Well, is she going to play Quidditch again?" Hermione asked.

"No," Harry said tightly. "She's not going to do anything."

"Well, being a housewife is hard job," Hermione said. "And I'm sure Lily will love--"

"She's not a housewife," Harry interrupted her. "We have a full staff of house elves, and a nanny."

"What?" Hermione asked taken aback.

"She doesn't want to do anything," Harry said angrily. "She wants to live off of what I can provide for her. She wants to attend functions and give handouts without contributing anything of her own."

Hermione stood up and walked around her desk. She sat down beside him on the sofa.

"For the first time I think I saw the real Ginny," Harry raked his hands through his hair.

Hermione put her arm around him. "What are you going to do?"

"I don't know," Harry replied. "I had to get away from her."

"Where's Lily?" Hermione asked.

"I took her over to Luna's," Harry replied. "She's been wanting to visit for awhile."

Hermione nodded and reached for his hand.

"I guess I sort of feel used," Harry said as she linked their fingers together. "I mean, does she love me or does she love the life I can provide for her?"

Hermione looked at him. "She's loved you since she was a little girl. Or at least, loved the idea of you."

Harry shook his head. "That doesn't mean she loves who I am now."

"How could she not?" Hermione asked softly. "You're easy to love."

He turned and looked at her. "Am I?"

Hermione smiled. "Yes. After all that you've been through, you're still the warmest, most loving person I know. You'd do anything for the people you care about and whenever---whenever I've needed you, you've been there for me."

"I'll always be here for you," Harry told her softly.

"I felt so terrible, you know?" Hermione asked. "This morning at the station. All I wanted was for you to hug me and tell me it was going to be okay. I should have felt that way about Ron. But, all I wanted to do was tell you how much I was going to miss Rose."

"It's hard letting them go," Harry responded. "I suppose I'll feel that way when Lily's old enough."

"You will," Hermione said. "She's her daddy's little girl."

Harry nodded thoughtfully. "How was Ron on the way home?"

"Quiet," Hermione said. "He said he had to work on a case. I imagine he wanted to keep his mind off of Rose too."

Harry was silent for a few moments. The repercussions of what he and Hermione did when they met weighed heavily on his mind. Ron was his best friend.

Hermione rested her head on his shoulder. "What are you thinking?"

"About us," Harry replied. "How this came about. Why we're... doing this."

"And what do you think?" Hermione asked.

"You know how I feel about you," Harry told her. "I love you."

"I love you too," Hermione whispered.

Harry leaned in and kissed her.

Hermione kissed him back, wrapping her arms around him. When they broke apart a few moments later, Hermione touched his cheek. "Let's get out of here," she said.

"To our place?" he asked her.

Hermione nodded. "I just want to be with you."

"Hold on," Harry said, wrapping his arms around her and Apparating them out of her office.

Hermione opened her eyes to find herself in their flat. Even better, she was in the arms of the man she loved.

"Better," Harry said in her ear. Amynoelle24(9:33:04"Much," Hermione agreed.

Harry pushed her against the wall, kissing her again. He opened her mouth under his, kissing her as deeply as he could.

She was taken by surprise by his action, but it did not take her long to get over her shock. This was why they were here after all. Hermione looped her arms around his neck and kissed him back just as fervently.

"Bed," he managed to say, already working on the buttons to her blouse.

Hermione grinned and started pushing him backwards toward the bedroom.

They didn't break apart as they stumbled through the doorway. He managed to pull off her cloak, skirt and blouse before they fell onto the bed together.

"Harry," Hermione whispered. "Hurry..."

He grinned at her. "Patience..." he said, drawings his fingers lightly over the insides of her thighs.

Hermione smiled lazily back at him. "Good things come to those who wait?"

"You'd better believe it," Harry said, drawing her knickers down her legs.

Hermione closed her eyes and savoured the feeling of his touch.

He watched her as he slid his fingers inside her. Harry loved the perfect 'o' shape her mouth made as she gasped. And he loved the feelings it stirred inside him.

He wanted to make her feel as good as she made him feel.

"Harry..." her voice came out half whisper, half moan. His fingers stroked her harder as he kissed over her stomach.

Harry looked up at her for a moment with a lazy grin that he knew she loved.

"Quit stalling," she managed breathlessly. Her body quivered as he lowered his mouth to her breasts, his fingers inside her ever more insistent.

He smiled as she let out a low, guttural moan. He loved rendering her speechless like this.

Hermione's fingers clenched the sheets as Harry's tongue traced over her skin. "Inside me..." she uttered. "Now."

Harry settled over her and felt her arch against him. He thrust into her forcefully, unable to wait a second longer.

Now it was his turn to moan as he felt her close around him, already wet and slick. He had never known passion like this until having sex with Hermione.

Her arm curled around his neck and she pulled him to her for a kiss.

Harry felt a bead of sweat roll down his forehead as he felt his own level of excitement increase.

Hermione lifted her hips, wanting to take as much of him inside her as possible. "Harry," she panted.

He let out a loud moan as he strained to push himself into her as far as he could.

Hermione dug her nails into his shoulder. "Harry," she said his name again.

They fell against one another, out of breath. Neither one of them could even talk for the next few minutes.

Hermione looked over at him and smiled.

Harry smiled back and reached over to brush the hair off her forehead. "You're amazing, you know."

"So are you," Hermione said giving him a kiss.

Harry closed his eyes as she rested her forehead against his. "This isn't easy."

"I know," Hermione said. If Ron ever found out about this, she knew it would kill him.

"It's not just that I'm worried about Ron and Ginny," Harry said. "The kids too..."

At the mention of her children, Hermione started to cry.

"Hey," Harry said. "Hermione... I know."

Hermione buried her face in his shoulder and cried.

"We'll keep this a secret," Harry reassured her.

"How?" Hermione asked.

"No one ever has to know," Harry told her.

"Things like this always come out eventually," Hermione said quietly. "And I think Ron suspects that I'm not happy."

"I don't want to hurt Ron," Harry agreed. "And I don't know what's going to happen with Ginny."

"I want to be with you," Hermione said. "I hate that I can't wake up next to you each morning."

"Same here," he told her. "I think about you every night."

"A part of me wishes we had never crossed this line," Hermione admitted. "But now that we have, I can't imagine going back."

"I can't give you up," Harry told her.

Hermione rested her head on his chest.

"I won't give you up," Harry said, running his hand through her dampened hair.

"When do you have to be back?" Hermione asked.

Harry shrugged. "I have to pick Lily up in a few hours."

"How about I make us something to eat?" Hermione asked.

"Since when do you cook?" Harry asked.

Hermione laughed. "Or maybe you could make us something to eat."

"Might be a better idea," Harry smiled at her. "But I just want to hold you for a few more minutes."

"I'd like that," Hermione said kissing his chest.

Harry put his arms around her and drew her closer to him.

"When I dropped Hugo off at Molly's earlier, she mentioned having the whole family over for my birthday," Hermione said quietly.

"That won't be awkward or anything," Harry muttered.

"No," Hermione said. "One, big, happy Weasley family."

"That's a crock and you know it," Harry said.

"I couldn't say no," Hermione said. "She asked me in front of Hugo and he volunteered to help her make the cake."

Harry smiled sadly. "He's a good kid. He's a lot like you."

Hermione smiled. "He is."

"If we had kids," Harry said. "I wonder what they'd be like?"

"They've have horrible hair for one," Hermione joked.

"Your eyes or mine?" he asked.

"Green eyes like yours," Hermione replied.

"Smart like you," Harry returned.

Hermione grinned. "Of course."

"Have a 'saving people thing' like me?" Harry joked.

Hermione laughed and poked his side. "You're never going to let me forget saying that, are you? Well, yes, he or she would be brave and loyal like their father."

Harry gave her another kiss. "We probably shouldn't fantasize about this."

"Because it's never going to happen," Hermione said quietly.

Harry agreed, but didn't voice it aloud.

Hermione sat up and reached for his shirt. "Do you mind if I wear this?" she asked.

"Its fine," Harry said, reaching for his trousers.

Hermione buttoned the shirt and then reached for his hand. "So, what are you going to make me? I'm famished."

Harry pulled her into the small galley kitchen. "Let's see what I've got in here."

Hermione sat down at the small table. She watched him and felt her heart melt.

"How about a sandwich?" he asked her.

"What kind?" Hermione asked.

"Whatever you want that I've got here," Harry showed her some meat and cheese from the icebox.

"Perfect," Hermione replied.

Harry set about making them something to eat while she sat and watched him from the table. It felt so right for both of them, doing this simple mundane task.

"Playing house," Hermione said to him.

He nodded. "It's nice and normal."

"What are you going to do?" Hermione asked when he set the plate before her. "About Ginny, I mean."

"I don't know yet," Harry said, setting a plate down in front of her. "I'm not ruling anything out."

"If you're not happy," Hermione started to say.

Harry sat down across from her. "I never realised I wasn't happy until we started this..."

"I did," Hermione said shaking her head. "Ron and I always argued more than anything."

"I thought that's what you liked about one another," Harry said.

"In the beginning, yes," Hermione said. "But, it gets old rather fast."

"It's kind of how things were like with Ginny," Harry said. "At first... she gave me all this attention, and I loved it. And then we had the kids and it was like life couldn't get any better. And then this... her quitting so I can support her."

"Well, maybe she's going to do volunteer work or something," Hermione said. "Surely she's not going to just go shopping and--"

Harry gave her a look. "That's exactly what she plans on doing. Shopping and looking good in public. She's not much with the kids. It's usually me who winds up entertaining them, feeding them, putting them to bed. Or she might leave it up to one of the house elves."

Hermione reached across the table and squeezed his hand.

Harry didn't want to be quick in a decision to end his marriage- in fact; the thought hadn't crossed his mind until that day, even though his affair with Hermione had been going on for months now.

"She was at the station today," Hermione said. "She seemed sad to see Al and James going..."

Harry shrugged again. "We'll see. She and I will talk tonight."

Hermione took a bite of her sandwich.

"I probably should get going," Harry said reluctantly. "Maybe I can catch her before I have to pick up Lily."

Hermione nodded. "Me too."

"For now, we'll have to have it both ways," Harry said. "But you're right. It'll come out sooner or later."

Hermione stood up and started to unbutton her--his shirt. "I suppose you're going to want this back..."

"I don't think Ron would take too kindly to you showing up in it," Harry tried to joke, but was mesmerized by her slender figure.

"Well," Hermione said playing with one of the buttons. "If you want it back, you'll have to come over here and get it..."

Harry grinned. "Why do I have the feeling I'm not leaving just yet?"

The End… for now!