Unofficial Portkey Archive

Sacrifice by granger_danger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Sacrifice

granger_danger

Title: Sacrifice

Summary: DH2 SPOILER!! With 4 uttered words and a look, Ron finally understands.

AN: That scene tore my heart out like nothing ever and to me, explained everything between the Trio. I could not get it out of my head and this quick little piece will hopefully let my muses start working again. There will be one more short part to this to sum it up and make it compliant here and with what we all love, but in the meantime, I hope this works for you. If you've seen DH2 - let me know your thoughts on this scene.

Disclaimer: As always, I don't own. JK does. Blah blah. Please Read and review.

IMPORTANT AN: IF you want to see the scene that is being referred to in this piece, please follow the link below and watch the video. It is from DH2 and the sound is low because someone obviously recorded it in the theatre, but I appreciate them doing so. If you haven't seen the movie, check it out. If you have, watch it again:

http://harmonyloony.tumblr.com/post/7740343977/daniel-black-looneymoon-deathly-hallows-part

************************************************************

He'd lied.

I'd always suspected it from the moment he said it.

And now I knew.

Because it was there over her shoulder as he clung to her and she to him…

… After she said she'd go with him…

…After I realized that what they had, she and I could never be able to touch…

…I knew he'd lied.

He didn't love her like a sister.

He loved her more than life itself.

And even though I'd won the girl, it was then I knew that she literally felt the same way.

In that passing of understanding between us, he conveyed one thing to me before he marched to his certain death.

I love her more than you'll ever know.

As much as I wanted to pull her away from him, something deeper in me realized right then that she would always love him more than she could ever love me…

…and I finally understood why he lied.

So she would be spared the pain of losing him so completely.

In that one moment when all of my fears were concreted; when I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Harry and Hermione loved each other more deeply than I would ever fathom…

…I knew it could never be between them.

Not because they were too noble.

Not because he was walking off to die, because I was absolutely certain she was telling the truth when said she'd walk right alongside him to certain death.

No.

It wasn't for anything of that.

It was because he could never give her all of himself only to take it away from her.

Harry would never do that to her.

Hermione would never make him.

And as I stared him eye to eye, it only made finally knowing it that much damn harder.

His gaze seemed to command me to take care of her.

To make her happy and give her everything.

Dared me to ruin this one moment of pure love that they shared before my eyes… that I had always known existed.

And I did the only thing I could do.

I watched my two best friends…

… and I sighed.

Because I knew that even though they'd never do that to each other, that no one deserved it more.