Unofficial Portkey Archive

Untitled by gti88
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Untitled

gti88

A/N: It has been over a year since I posĀ­ted anything on PK...life over the last year has been too real, without much fantasy. This is a story to rectify that sin, as much as to get my stilled creative juices flowing. It's randomly set at the end of 4th year.

Untitled

"Harry, what are we going to do now?"

"He's back," Harry looked out at the grounds by the lake. His mood did not match the cheerful play of the shadows on the water.

"Let off, Ron," Hermione lightly scolded him.

The trio fell silent. Inwardly, Harry was seeing Voldemort's resurrection vividly in his mind's eye. He knew it was very real, every bit of it, but he could not escape the dreamlike impression of the memory.

"What are your summer plans, Hermione?" he turned and asked her abruptly.

"What?"

Hermione was caught off guard by the suddenness of the question.

"What are your plans for the summer?" Harry smiled at her. He seemed unperturbed by the gravity of his thoughts.

Hermione studied him for a moment. "Spend time with my parents," she said with a hint of caution. "Read up on next year's books, you know we have O.W.L. exams coming up."

The smile stayed on Harry's face. "Ron?"

Their redheaded best friend was appalled at Hermione's plans. "Definitely not what she's doing," he replied impressively, waving a hand. "Eat, sleep, do some pranks with the twins. The usual, you know. You're welcome to come up anytime, you know."

"You know it, mate," Harry agreed. "I'll sneak away if I have to, so have a plate ready." His smile was gone, but the hint of one that played on his lips now got the response he was looking for.

"You will do no such thing, Harry Potter!" Hermione told him matter-of-factly. "The blood ward pro-"

The rest of whatever Hermione was going to say was cut short, when out of the blue, Harry placed his lips on hers - her eyes opened wide as saucers and Ron dropped the pumpkin pastry he was holding, along with his chin.

Harry withdrew, an unreadable look on his face.

"What the bugger was that?" Ron was the first to come to his senses.

He looked at Harry expectedly, and Harry looked back at him. "I don't know," his eyes met the stone pavement.

"Hermione?"

For the first time in her life, Hermione was rendered effectively speechless. She squeaked something unintelligible, but she was sure they could hear her heartbeat from three feet away.

Right then, Hagrid's booming voice announced the imminent departure of the train and the last call for boarding.

"We'll talk about this, Ron, I promise," Harry said loosely, still collecting his thoughts. Ron looked utterly confused, and perhaps a little angry too.

Hermione, beaming, joined Harry's side. With a last look at Hogwarts, the trio set off for the platform for another summer in the Muggle world...

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->