Unofficial Portkey Archive

Until the Very End by SplishySplash
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Until the Very End

SplishySplash

Title: Until the Very End

Author: SplishySplash/ LastWaterBender

Genre: Romance/Angst/Fluff

Pairing: Harry/Hermione

Rating: NC17

Disclaimer: I own nothing. My head cannon is begging me to write this, also I’m a huge fan of Tonks and Hermione being BFFs…

Summary: Hermione gets hit by a spell and its purpose is to ruin her life. Harry won’t let that happen.

Hermione stood quietly amongst the tall bookshelves in the book store at Hogsmeade, browsing the fiction section slowly. Occasionally she would pick one of them off the shelf and read the description on the back and place them back in their place.

She hated putting them back, but she only had two hands to carry them back.

Oh wait, she was a witch and could minimize them.

Even after seven years of studying magic; she sometimes forgot the luxuries of being a witch. She picked the last one she put back onto the shelf and put it in the basket at her arm. She caught the time on her watched and realized that she was late for meeting her friends at the Three Broomsticks, quickly she walked to the front pay for her books.

Something caught her attention, a title of a book that she had been looking for since September. The bell on the door rang when someone else came inside the store, but Hermione paid no heed to them, probably other Hogwarts students gathering gifts for Christmas.

Hermione placed the book in the basket and realized that she left her scarf on the overstuffed chair that she had just vacated. She picked it up at the same time as a man went to pick it up. “Is this yours?” He asked gruffly. He was thin, with a boney looking face that supported a clean shaven beard.

“Yes, I forgot to grab it.” Hermione answered, she eyed the man and he looked familiar but she couldn’t quite place where she knew him. She was overwhelmed by a sinking feeling.

He handed it to her with a crooked smile. “It’s a beautiful scarf, did you knit it yourself?” He asked. His piercing eyes struck a chord. Antonin Dolohov.

Hermione smiled, pretending to not recognize the Death Eater. “Yes, I knit scarves for the House Elves.” She answered. “I’ve got to meet my friends, thanks for finding my scarf.” She turned around quickly, only to bump straight into another tall man, Thorfin Rowle. “I’m sorry, I didn’t see you standing behind me.”

“No worries Miss.” He said with a yellow smile, grabbing her arm tightly. “We were actually looking for you, Hermione Granger.”

With a deep breath she shoved the basket of books at him and took off in a run, plowing through a mass of people who stood at the end of the aisle, looking at the new popular book from a new Gilderoy Lockhart wannabe book. She looked behind her to see them take off after her. Hermione threw down a display and ran out into the cold snowy street.

She grabbed her wand tightly as she ran as fast as she could, separating herself from the Death Eaters that chased her. Hermione slipped on the ice and got up to see them hot on her tail, both with their wands drawn. She threw a couple disarming spells at them, not stopping to see if they made any contact as a binding spell hit her legs, dropping her back in the snow.

“Come on Miss, we just want to talk with ya.” Said Rowle, his accent thick and he seemed amused by her running away.

Hermione mumbled the counter curse and sent another Expelliarmus at them, this time hitting a window and shattering it. Dolohov sent a dark green light towards her and she was barely able to roll away from it as screams filled the streets.

She threw curses in their direction, hoping to just stop them long enough for her to gain her footing or to find Harry, or anybody for that matter who was strong enough to stop the Death Eaters. They were throwing curses at her as well, the street went from peaceful Sunday afternoon to fire and destruction. Something shattered, impelling itself into her arm.

“We don’t have time for games, Granger.” Growled Dolohov, throwing another binding curse towards her and she fell on the ice again, dropping her wand. They neared her and all she could do is try to scuttle out of their reach, but Dolohov grabbed her by the front of her robes.

She tried to push him back, but he was too strong. “What do you want?” She growled.

“It seems that you forgot the last time we met.” He sneered.

Hermione scoffed. “You didn’t crawl from the hole you came from to remind me.” She stated and it brought a chuckle from his lips.

“They always say that you are smart for a Mudblood.” He retorted. It was as if the world stopped moving for a brief moment, when Dolohov reached for his wand and placed it into her chest. “If you were really smart, you would keep your mouth shut.”

Hermione kicked her legs, one sharp kick to the shin nearly toppled him. He growled and shoved her into the bay window of the dress shop, shattering it under the forced weight and it knocked the breath out of her. “I didn’t come here to kill you, but I might change my mind.” He seethed into her ear, ripping her sweater at her neck to reveal a crescent shape scar on her collar bone. “Remember when I gave that too you? Do you remember the pain. . . ”

“HERMIONE!” Cried a voice from behind Dolohov, it was Harry. Before she knew what was happening more sounds of curses started to fly in all directions. Dolohov looked at Hermione as if they were the only ones in the world. “PUT HER DOWN DOLOHOV.”

“Harry!” Hermione cried, her head hitting the metal window piece.

Dolohov smiled, bringing one of his hands to cup her cheek. “This isn’t about him, Hermione. Just us, you and me.” He whispered, he was so close that she could feel his breath against his neck. She could feel his lips touching the skin at her neck. “I was supposed to kill you at the Department of Mysteries.”

Hermione froze against him. “I was to be the Dark Lord’s right hand man, but you . . . you ruined it.” He growled, his other hand going to her throat. “This is exactly how I planned this.”

“You will not survive.” Hermione said fiercely, trying not to wince as his hand tightened around her throat. “Is that part of your plan?”

“I will redeem myself in this world or the next, it doesn’t matter.” He yelled, Rowle threw curses and spells in every direction and yelled out that there was too many of them. Hermione knew that Harry was meeting with Remus and Tonks and Ron was around Hogsmeade somewhere, but she also knew that McGonagall took the precautions in the town as well.

She could hear Harry get closer, calling her name, but it still seemed faraway. Things crashed around them and smoke filled the air. Dolohov took his wand and pointed it at her stomach whispering the words of a spell that she didn’t recognize and it emitted a blinding purple light.

Harry sent a disarming curse towards him, but he didn’t break his focus.

Hermione could feel her skin start to burn and a ray of emotions flurry around in her body causing her to gasp. Dolohov began to laugh maniacally as Hermione started to sink to the ground in a heap not before he pressed his lips to the top of her head. He turned and looked at Harry, who finally had his chance to throw a Cruciatus Curse at him, knocking him on the ground in a convulsion.

Harry threw a couple of other curses at him until a strong arm gripped his forcing him to look up and saw Hermione on her knees with a hand tightly wrapped around her middle, her hair fanning down her face. He ran over to her and grabbed her arm, pulling her up to look at him.

Involuntarily, she gasped and wretched her arm away from his grasp. “It’s me, Hermione.” He said softly. The touch was like static, sending tingles through the rest of her body that she couldn’t explain. Harry placed a firmer grasp on her arm and brushed her hair out of the way as he tried to assess her injuries.

She leapt into his arms and started to sob into his chest. Harry held her tightly and Hermione ignored that her body erupted in goose bumps. It took a moment for her to calm down and Harry gently pushed her back so he could look at her.

His fingers traced the bruise at her neck and down to the crescent shaped scar on her collarbone. She flinched, mostly because it was sending uproar of sudden arousal through her body and it was becoming too intimate for her to handle.

Her skin was on fire with each brush of his fingers against it. What was happening with her body? He didn’t bother asking if she was alright, because unless she had a clean bill of health from Madame Pomfrey, she wasn’t okay.

“What was that purple light?” Asked Tonks kneeling down next to them, her voice was tight and worried.

“I. . .” Hermione started, but she didn’t know the answer.

“He pointed his wand into her stomach.” Remus said approaching them, he stood watch as other members of the Order dealt with Rowle and Dolohov.

Harry lifted up the hem of her shirt slowly and Hermione gasped. “I’m sorry, we have to look.” He said as softly as he could. Her eyes closed as he continued his slow trek of pulling her shirt up, stopping the hem at the base of her bra. She didn’t listen to what they were saying, all she could focus on was where Harry’s hand was and how badly she wanted him to touch her.

Remus was talking to her, but she wasn’t listening and she closed her eyes. Remus ran his hands on her stomach up to her ribcage and even then it had the same effect. She grabbed his wrist and followed it up her stomach to stop on her breast.

He pulled his hand away and looked at Tonks, all of them with red faces. “We need to get her back to the castle.”

Harry put her shirt back down and easily picked her up as she dozed against him.