Unofficial Portkey Archive

And So Rose Lord Malfoy by The Unknown Street Kid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

And So Rose Lord Malfoy

The Unknown Street Kid

A/N: okay, sorry about the long wait Lady Malfoy. I just started school and had absolutely no time to work on this. I finally decided to use my French class to catch up. Also, sorry this is really short. I wanted to post something, so its only about two and a half pages. Okay. I guess I need a quote…. *goes gets warped tour album*

"Try all you want, nothing's getting solved… false hope." - the Unseen, False Hope

"Sniffing glue, drinking beer, don't give a fuck how the hippies feel." - the Casualties, Made in NYC

CHAPTER TWO:

Ginny Weasley was at the Burrow, which, at the moment, was gracefully peaceful. There was no sound from the ghost in the attic, and all the various components that made up her family were off doing their separate things. And she was alone.

Sometimes it is nice to be alone a relief from the sound, the raucous impolite behaviors of others. But like love, hate, and almost every other thing that could be conceived by man, it was a double edged dagger-to be alone is to be left with one's self, to be stripped of others' faults, but to be left with your own. In a sense, to be left with you own raucous impolite behaviors.

Winter break had started two days ago. The last five days of school were rather eventful. In that short period she had kissed her latest distraction twice, both disguised as Harry, confused Harry more than anyone else she had set out to manipulate, and succeeded in catching Draco's attention. She thought back to before winter break.

*One Week Ago*

"I can't believe you went through with it, Ginny. I could never have done it." Lillian was laughing on the bunk across from her. Ginny couldn't believe she had done it either.

"Well, we spent a month making the Polyjuice Potion; it would have been a shame not to have gone through with it."

"And twice, none the less! How did you come up with such a corny explanation?" This time Christine spoke up.

Ginny kept up all the pretenses that the kiss had meant nothing to her. Anyways, it wasn't her Draco was kissing. Or being kissed by, that was. She went along with all their meaningless inquiries, never the less. They weren't really interested in what she did, just what he did. This was for her. Not for them. Harry needed to pay… and what better way could she get back at him other than making out with his worst enemy?

"What are you going to do now, Ginny?" Lillian.

"I think I'm going to go fill the Wonder Boy in on what happened." Laughter met her words as she left to the Common Room. She found Harry on the couch, staring into the fire.

Making sure she was somewhat presentable, she sat beside him. Despite the fact that he was scum, she still thought he was hot. His green eyes and black hair made him look fabulous and his body was amazing. She knew. She was in it.

"Hi Harry." He turned his head to face her.

"Oh, hi Ginny."

"So, how are you today?"
"Terrible."

"I heard what happened."

"Oh."

"Are we sticking to one syllable answers?" He laughed, but there was no humor in it. A sardonic, desperate laugh.

"Sorry. I just… everyone says they saw me… you know… k-k-kiss him." A shudder ran through his body. He so fucking deserves it. She thought. "But the truth is that I don't remember anything that happened yesterday." He rubbed one hand against the side of his cheek.

Ginny tried as hard as she could to keep a straight face "What's the last thing you do remember?"

"The last thing I remember…. That would be Quidditch practice, night before last."

"Damn."

"Yeah."

"Were you alone with anyone after practice?" Ah, here came the fun part. Harry was blushing.

"Um… I, uh… yeah, I kind of was."

"Well, who was it? Do you trust him?" This was priceless. Harry's face was redder than a beet.

"It, uh, it wasn't a guy. It was…" He coughed something that surprisingly sounded like Cho Chang.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that." She said dryly.

"Cho Chang."

"Oh, do you trust her?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Do you think it was possible that she… maybe… hexed you?" Harry looked deeply into Ginny's velvety brown eyes. Ginny fathomed that she could actually see Harry thinking. Plausible and implausible explanations alike running through his head. What he didn't know was that Cho did hex him. She was in on this too.

"No. I'd trust Cho with my life."

"Well, if I find anything out I'll let you know."

"Thanks a lot, Ginny."

"No problem." Trusting, self righteous prick. A smile came to her lips as she turned and exited the common room, emerald green robes swirling at her feet.

<><><><><><><><>

And it had been as easy as that. Not as manipulative as she would have liked, but it still felt good knowing something that he did not. Knowledge was the ultimate weapon.

She didn't notice that she had been standing still in the middle of the corridor until someone, rather, Draco Malfoy, walked straight into her. He lost balance and fell onto the floor. For nearly two minutes, their eyes were locked.

"Watch where you stand Weasley."

And that was it.

He got up and continued on his way.

Just before he was about to turn the corner, he spared one look back. And then she fell… hard. Before it was a game, not even that. A slight distraction from her miserably pitiful existence. But from that moment on, all she could think about was Draco. She found herself purposefully allowing him to insult her, to push her, just to hear his voice or feel his hands. When she was near Draco, it took all of her will to keep from brushing her hand against his arm.

Winter break was an escape. Parting is such sweet sorrow. Isn't that what Shakespeare said? She couldn't stand to be around him, let alone be away from him.

She knew that it would probably never amount to anything. She was an insignificant blip after all. He thought of her as less than dirt, and would spare but few words for her. Break was an end to that. Virginia's lust was slightly dulled. Draco was miles away-there was no possible way for her to reach out and touch him. Being so near, like in school, was torture. Her heart shattered with each stolen glance, each longing touch, infinitely short touch.

But he didn't notice.

No one else noticed.

After all… it had only been a week.

***

Virginia snapped out of her memories when she heard someone pounding on her door. She rose to answer it, but before she could, the Dream Team was already in her room.

"What is it?" She asked nervously, noticing their strange faces.

"Draco's just defeated Voldemort." They spoke in unison.