Unofficial Portkey Archive

Special Investigations: Aurors Division by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Special Investigations: Aurors Division

Kai_Lun_Mau

AN: Yep its me i have returned finally got a night where i'm not working till 4am....so with out any further delays heres chapter 2 I know it's not long but it's just a filler chapter

Special Investigations

Chapter 2: Welcome to the country

Thirty minutes after his rather abrupt interuption Mad eye found himself seated in a somewhat uncomfortable armchair with a pair of very annoyed employee's across from him. Harry and Mione where still fuming, their embarrassment over what had happened was fueling the fire. "Alastor if you don't have a very good reason for why you appeared like that I will Hex you in ways you couldn't possibly imagine."

Moody smirked at Mione after her comment. "Lass you would not be the first and before I die you'll not be the last to last believe me, and you deserved what you got from me, both of you, letting your guard down like that, disgraceful."

"Moody..." Harry growled threatingly his arms folded across his chest. "Why are you here, we are both on leave remember."

"Aye that, about a week ago you recieved an owl from an old school mate of both of you, Neville LongBottom, flagged priority so when you were not around the security owl came to me, It seems Mr Longbottom has gotten himself in a serious spot of trouble." Reaching into his cloak Moody withdrew a letter folded several times over and handed it over to Mione.

***Dear Hermione.

I know its been a while since we last talked but I find myself in a serious situation and like our many years at Hogwarts I find myself turning to the smartest witch I ever knew.

I require your help Hermione. About six months go I was approached by a company offering me a lucrative research postion in the field of Herbology to aid in their magical experiments, naturally I accept and to begin with everything was great but about three months ago I saw something I wasn't supposed when I was delivering my analysis to my direct superior and from that point things rapidly went from bad to worse, I need your help Hermione because I am sure I am being followed and my owls are being monitored and as the experiments are reaching the end of the first phase and my contract is nearing an end I am sure that after everything I have found out I feel I wont be walking away from this job.

I'm sorry Hermione but you're my last hope of a way out of this mess

Your friend

Neville***

Hermione sat there on the couch quietly reading the letter addressed to her whilst Harry stood at her shoulder reading the letter from behind her almost as one the pair finished at the say time and looked up at Moody. "When do we go get him?"

Moody looked at them his mouth twisting into his paraody of a Frown. "So you think this is worth investigating?"

Hermione nodded. "I know Neville, if he is his desperate then we need to go get him immediately."

Moody sighed. "I'm afraid that won't be possible Ms Granger."

Harry frowned as he sat on the edge of Hermione's seat and looked eyes with Moody. "Um...why not, he needs help that means we have to help him."

"Neville Longbottom was found dead a week ago, his body was found washed up on the banks of the river about one mile from the wizarding town of Izeikel falls." Moody leaned back in his seat and calmly watched his two best operatives impassively as they reacted to the news of their old school friends death. He was rather suprised when their faces hardened and they stood and Harry spoke for both of them.

"When do we leave."

Moody nodded, the twisted gash of a smile growing broader. "Now would be the best time. I want you two on the first portkey to Izeikel Falls by this evening, your mission is simple, find out what happened to Neville Longbottom and what exactly his letter was pertaining to." He stood and gave them a final look. "You will be staying at the Mephisto Arms Hotel, the honeymoon suite as Mr and Mr's Dursely."

"We are what?!?" Harry called out just as Alastor Apparated out of the room they shared, he turned to see Mione glaring at him. "What?" She hmmphed and stood and started towards the bedroom. "Mione what is it?"

"You sounded like you were annoyed that we were staying together in the honeymoon suite." She started to pack her case taking a few items from the closet. "Is it really that hard to pretend to be married to me Harry?"

"Damn it Mione thats not what this is about, I mad at the name he's set us up with....Wanted nothing to do with the Dursely's anymore and I just bet with Mad eyes sick sense of humor we'll be vernon and Petunian Dursely." He ran his fingers through his ebony hair and sat on the edge of the bed. "Pretending to be married to you isn't hard or Difficult Hermione, it's exactly the opposite." He reached under the bed and withdrew his own case and started to pack away what few clothes he had with him. "So much for a vacation."

"Yeah well we can have a vacation when we are finished,neville died trying to get in touch with me Harry, I need to find out what is going on out there, I hope you understand." She closed the lid of her case with a click and sat on the bed.

Harry stopped packing long enough for her to catch his eyes. "I understand babygirl....Neville was my find as well and if he was murdered we'll bury his murderer together ok?"

Hermione smiled and stood up and rounded the bed and wrapped her arms around his neck and stood on her tip toes and kissed him softly. "Thanks Harry"

Harry grinned. "Keep as close as that much longer and i'll never get packed."

Hermione returned his grin with one of her own. "Don't you worry about that, we have a few hours left before the portkey." And with that she shifted her weight causing them both to fall backwards onto the bed.

TBC....