Unofficial Portkey Archive

Special Investigations: Aurors Division by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Special Investigations: Aurors Division

Kai_Lun_Mau

Special Investigations: Aurors Division

Chapter 4: Enemies in the Darkness

"Harry what are you doing!" She grabbed his arms and spun him to face her. "Are you insane!" She glared at him but he wasn't paying her any attention, his gaze was locked over her shoulder and very slowly she turned around and gasped.

By now night had settled on the wizarding town and the only source of light came from the burning church. But even in the flickering reflection of light from the dancing flames it stood half in the shadows at the end of the street. Details were sketchy at best but what could be seen in the dancing light and shadows it was huge easily topping twelve feet.

They stood there both sides watching the other saying nothing. Hermione's fingers tightened around her wand as she stared in horror at the hulking behemoth. Harry on the other hand was trying his damnedest to fight back the urge to openly blast this abomination off the face of the earth.

"Gaaaaaaaargh!" Its yell shattered the still night as it raised its malformed arms above its head in challenge as its bloodshot beady eyes focused on the pair of Aurors. It's arms lowered and it took a shambling step forward when suddenly a keening wail filled the empty streets and forced Harry and Hermione to clamp their hands over their ears. They watched shocked as the shambling behemoth raised its head before it turned and shambled off the main street into the darkness.

Harry slowly relaxed his hands letting them unclench from the fists that the creature had forced them into. He winced as the blood flowed back into his fingers and he glanced at Hermione noting her worried expression.

"You alright there Harry, that look on your face. It's frightening, you didn't even look like when we were fighting Voldemort." Hermione reached out and gently laid a hand on his shoulder and squeezed. She watched as he tried to gather his thoughts varying emotions warring in his eyes, hatred, revulsion, anger and confusion.

He shuddered thankful for the comfort her touch brought him. "I-I can't explain it, my reaction goes beyond conscious thought, it's almost instinctual Mione. They are abominations, I can't explain how I know, hell I don't even understand, but everything about them screams destroy."

"Look I don't know what's causing this reaction, and I think we are both past the point of me rushing to the Library for answers. But I trust you and if your instincts are screaming destroy these things then I guess we try and destroy them. But we are here for a reason Harry, find out what happened to Neville, what he was working on, and what's affecting this town and if there are any survivors."

**************

She sat in the leather recliner staring at the monitor bank that was suspended from the ceiling. She steepled her fingers and a pensive frown soon marred an extremely attractive face. `Damn Longbottom, his actions had forced an acceleration of the Cleansing. His interference and subsequent escape has also alerted the ministry to a problem` She watched the bank carefully as it switched to the hidden camera's strewn through the town of Izeikel Falls. The camera pans and zooms till it focuses on the image of Hermione and Harry walking back into the hotel. She nodded `Soon she would have her revenge` She shifts her gaze to another monitor as a crimson light built into her chair flashes. The failure has returned to its cell, she flipped a switched and the cell door slammed closed. She turned; her chair swivelled on its base as she faced her two subordinates. "Status update."

One of the Techs turned to face her clipboard in hand. "Project Rebirth is entering the final incubation phase. Operation Purification is operational. The distribution system is in place all over the site." The Tech glanced at his clipboard. "Even though we were forced to accelerate our time table Purification met with all expected parameters."

She nodded and rose from her seat a wand in her hand. "Avada Kedavra!" Before the body of the Tech hit the ground she jerked her wand to the second Tech who stood there riveted to the spot from surprise. "Avada Kedavra." The second Tech crumpled where he stood his notes scattering across the floor. She calmly crossed the room to the muggle terminal and computer screen and rapidly began typing in a series of command codes and passwords.

She pressed enter and a slow cruel smile spread across her face as line after line of the initialisation program scrolled across the screen sending an almost instantaneous command to the aerosol dispensers situated all over the compound. She returned to her chair and she faced the monitors and watched as scientists, botanists and potion masters slowly succumbed to the released Purification.

She was unsure how long she sat there staring at the monitors but slowly surely the bodies began to move, some climbing to their feet in a shambling attempt at co-ordination, whilst others crawled. Some in the potions lab reacted to the spilled potions knocked over whilst in the midst of their death throes creating even more dangerous creations. Whilst in the greenhouses the already magical plants reacted with the gas and slowly began to mutate into something from a Tim Burton movie. She smiled and depressed a button on her armrest. A slow hiss of gases being released filled the chamber and a metal shutter slowly began to rise revealing a glass tank and a body that floated within the blue gelatinous contents. She smiled and pressed her fingers to her lips before pressing them to the glass of the tank. "Soon Love, soon all my hard work with bear fruit and we can be together again finally. She rested her head against the cool glass and stared at the figure inside.

TBC…

AN: HA! How's that for a cliffie!!!!!

I AM THE EVIL Kai_Lun_Mau!!!!!!!!!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

`What kind of lunatic writes a maniacal laugh and uses 22 exclamation marks`