Unofficial Portkey Archive

There are no happy endings (Revised) by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

There are no happy endings (Revised)

Kai_Lun_Mau

An: I know this is already been posted but I finally edited and cleaned up the mistakes

There are no happy endings

By Kai Lun Mau

I wish that this could be a happy story, but real life isn't about Happy ever after. It has been almost six months now since he died and only now do I find the courage to finally visit the site of his grave.

Harry James Potter

The Boy Who Lived

Gryffindors Pride

Simple words on a granite headstone to describe someone so complex. To the Wizarding world he was a hero, a saviour, their final hope against a true source of evil, and now even with the Evil destroyed the wizarding community still fear to speak his name.

But what does saying a name matter to the people, the evil has been vanquished, he is gone, so what does it matter that to rid the world of his malignant presence it cost the life of someone I loved.

As I stand here staring at this simple headstone I feel anger. All these people are still celebrating "The boy who lived," final victory over you know who, but no one is mourning the death of who the boy who lived was.

I know they don't mean to be callous and I know I'm not the only one who is mourning the loss of Harry and I don't want to belittle their pain. I mean Ron has grown sombre in his grief, gone is the Quidditch obsessed teenager and in his place is a young man who grew up far to quickly and the cost of that was his best friend

Albus, Professor Dumbledore grieves for the loss of a grandson, the twinkle in his eyes that was his trademark is now severely diminished and his youthful exuberance has vanished and now he seems more like the old man his age proclaims him to be. But while they mourn the loss of a brother and a grandson, I mourn the loss of my heart and soul, because that is what Harry was and is to me. And as I stand here at the site of his grave I can't help but let the memories of our time together over the past two years.

Sixth year was a disaster for me relationship wise, when in a moment of pure lunacy I agreed to go out on a date with Ron. To this day I can't really say why I agreed to it but I will admit that at the beginning it was fun and I was flattered that finally someone besides Neville Longbottom was paying attention to me as a girl rather than as a living, breathing study guide.

The first real cracks in the relationship between Ron and myself began when we shared our first kiss. I felt nothing, no sparks, no passion, and to be totally honest it wasn't that good, that was when I began to wonder if I really should be dating Ron.

But what really caused me to question my feelings was when once Ron tried to kiss me in the common room. I happened to catch Harry's eye, god he looked so lost and that something inside of me wanted so badly to just reach and hold him, comfort him till the look was gone from his eyes even though I was about to kiss Ron. After that incident I always tried to avoid any public displays of affection with Ron when ever Harry was around because I never wanted to see that lost look in Harry's eyes again.

I think that was when the relationship between Ron and I finally began to fall apart, we argued more and more, not silly quarrels but raging, screaming matches and soon enough the arguments centred on Harry. While Ron will never be called academically gifted, even he could see I was purposely avoiding kissing him in front of our mutual best friend. Naturally I denied it of course, at the time I was still in denial about my feelings for Harry so I was shocked when Ron demanded I prove it, that the next time Harry was there with them that I should kiss him. I was so angry and hurt and I glared at him telling him to stop being stupid. That's when he started yelling at me telling me that if I didn't do it things would be over between the two of us.

I was so mad I slapped him, not a slap you're being stupid kind of slap, but the same kind of slap that I gave Draco Malfoy back in third year. The common room went silent as Ron picked himself off the floor and stared at me in shock before the famous Weasely Temper flared and both of us stormed away furious at each other.

It was a few hours later, after I had a chance to cool down that I went and found Harry and asked him for a loan of the Marauders map so I could find Ron. With a quick tap of my wand the map was revealed and there I saw Ron in the astronomy tower with Lavender Brown.

There is only one reason to be in the astronomy tower at this time of night but I didn't want to believe it, unfortunately I had to believe it when I got there and I saw the two of them going at each other like dogs in heat. I went nuts; I drew my wand and started firing off every unpleasant curse I could think of. I was really proud of the charm I used on both of them, a variation of the charm I used for the DA parchment in fifth year that spelled Skank and Loser on their foreheads.

But soon enough my anger died and my tears started and I fled the tower heading back towards the common room intent on simply getting to my room but I ran into the one person I didn't want to but longed to...Harry. Watching his expression slowly shift when I told him what I had saw I finally saw what made the Death Eaters afraid of him. Harry's eyes show his every emotion, he cant hide them from you, and when he is angry his eyes light up like there has been a fire lit in their depths.

When he heard what Ron had done I watched this anger burn in his eyes then slowly fade as he wrapped me in his arms and pull me close to him. God I was in heaven and hell at the same time, the smell of him was intoxicating and all I wanted to do right then was kiss him, but I knew I could not because that would be all the justification Ron would need to blame this all on Harry. Harry took the decision away from me because and I pulled away to wipe my eyes and go to bed our eyes met and before I knew it he dipped his head and his lips met mine.

TBC...