Unofficial Portkey Archive

Apology Accepted by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Apology Accepted

theweirdgirl

"You're pregnant," Draco repeated.

"Yes," Ginny replied.

"How?" Draco sputtered.

"Would you like me to draw you a diagram? When a man and a woman-" she started.

"I know!" he exclaimed.

"What are we going to do?" she sighed.

"I can't be a father. I'm not ready," he confessed.

"Fine. I'll leave then," she spat.

With that, she immediately stormed out of the large Prefect's bathroom before Draco could object.

"Shit," he cursed as he punched the crème colored wall in annoyance.

Droplets of blood dripped down from his knuckles. He closed his eyes, praying that it was all a horrid dream or just a damned nightmare that was threatening to overcome him. He would have to profusely apologize and she would take his sorry arse back. Maybe.

**********

A week passed without any indication that Ginny remembered that he existed. She never sent him any signs. She never winked at him anymore or gave him subtle touches and glances when they passed each other in the corridors or across the Great Hall when no one was paying attention. He felt oddly empty and didn't like it one bit. Ginny, however, began to grow paler by the day, but still managed to look ravishing all the same even when she began to look like a ghost. He decided to take things into his own hands. As Ginny passed by the abandoned classroom that he was hiding in that Friday night as she was heading toward the kitchens, he snatched her writhing form in and locked the door.

"You're going to listen to me," Draco demanded.

She cocked her head to the side prior to spitting on his light brown dragon hide boots in disgust and absolute revulsion. He snarled before slamming her body into the drab, gray wall behind her. She grunted in pain as her head hit the surface of the wall.

"I love you and you will marry me," he growled.

"Fuck you," she retorted.

"I believe that's what led us to this particular predicament in the first place," he replied with ease.

"Someone else is in my life and will be with my baby," she smirked.

His grip on her shoulders tightened. His eyes burned with intensity as if trying the scorch a hole through her head.

"Who is it?" he dangerously snarled.

"Doesn't matter," she responded dismissively.

"Yes it does. It's our baby. Break up with the bloody wanker and marry me," he demanded casually.

"Then you'll have to explain to your cousin why," she drawled.

"Blaise Zabini?" he questioned.

"How many other cousins in this bloody school do you have?" she inquired.

Draco's face paled with bottled anger and malice. His hands shook violently with hate, pain and betrayal. Why was she doing this to him?

"Wait. I broke up with him yesterday. Colin is the new one," she commented.

His entire body wracked with anger.

"He'll be a great dad, don't you think?" she grinned.

"It's mine!" he roared.

Her eyes flashed with shock before melting away into undiluted fear.

"You're going to marry me," he stated in a much calmer tone than before.

"No! I won't marry you out of wedlock!" she exclaimed.

"Too fucking bad," he stated.

"No!" she shrieked.

"You're going to marry me and you are going to be happy as the next Lady Malfoy. It's not everyday that some woman is proposed by one," he said with haughtiness.

"No, but every other day they get impregnated," she spat.

More or less, she had often accused him of being unethical or dishonest with her while they had dated before the whole accident. She would find streaks of lipstick on his collar and whiff a scent of a rich French perfume almost every night.

"You know fucking well that I don't and never cheated on you," he growled dangerously low.

"Yeah and I'm the bloody Queen of England," she retorted hotly.

Draco shoved a ring into her hand roughly. She glared murderously at him.

"We're engaged. You're my fiancé and I'm yours. Deal with it," he demanded.

"I never should have told you," she sniffed.

"I will not have my heir a bastard because of you. There's only six months left of school. I'll take care of our baby when you come back to school for your seventh year. We'll get married and find our own flat when you graduate. Done deal. This conversation is final," he stated.

Draco turned and began to walk away before he felt a sharp stinging on the back of his head. Something heavy clattered onto the floor. He slowly faced the red-haired perpetrator who was bordering on the edge of feeling his wrath.

"And that's final," she snarled.

Ginny strolled away in the opposing direction, flipping her fiery mane at him in a provocative manner. She opened the door and slammed it loudly behind her. Draco looked down to the ground at where the ring lay in all its shining glory. His legs failed him and his lithe body crumbled to the ground. While he wouldn't dissipate into tears, he was hurting.

(A/N: Chapters will get longer. I hope. Read and review. It's good for the mind, the body and the soul. I apologize for any spelling errors since I have no beta reader or a spell-check that captures every blunder. Sorry! Thanks for reading! I know that I should be working on the other stories, but this just popped into my head, so, yeah. The next chapter is being created in my notebook and will be up within the next week or so.)