Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pushing Through by Tayler
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pushing Through

Tayler

Chapter Six

Ginny had to stay for a few days at the hospital after her recovery but was soon home. The first thing she did when she got out was go home and have a nice long bath. She had to convince her family that she would be okay for an hour or two on her own though and it wasn't an easy task. Draco had been the worst to convince but he eventually allowed it. Ginny was now sitting in her bathtub in her flat, going over the last week.

She had been so sure she wasn't going to make it and that she would never see Draco or her family again. When she was falling after everything faded, she had heard Draco's voice while all the others faded. His was strong in her mind and kept her going. She didn't know how long she had been falling for but was glad when she finally surfaced in the hospital.

She sighed as she dunked her head under the soapy water. She had put her favorite vanilla and cinnamon bath soap in the hot water. It made her feel safe and comforted as she fought with her emotions. Her mind was a blur and all she wanted was for it to stop buzzing and for everything to be normal again.

Ginny finished in her bath and got out, drying herself off. She walked to her room and noticed a faint smell of the woods. Her eyes glanced over to her bed and saw that Draco's cloths were still lying where she had left them. She picked them up and hugged them to her chest. She then dropped the shorts and brought the t-shirt to her face, breathing in whatever the scent of her room hadn't taken from the woodsy smell that was embedded in the shirt. Bringing it down from her face, she ran her fingers over the blue stitching that spelled out seeker. Ginny knew Draco had become an Auror after the war but he had loved Quidditch as long as she could remember. She smiled and set the shirt down on the bed again before going over to her dresser. She pulled out her nickers and a pair of yoga pants. She had never participated in this said Muggle art but she found the clothing to be quite comfortable .She then slipped Draco's shirt over head. She picked up the shorts off the floor where they had fell and folded them once again, placing them back to their former place on her bed. Casting a drying spell on her hair, she brushed it and then put it in two braids. Putting on her old, worn, black slippers, she walked down the hall towards her kitchen. She let her fingers graze the wall, remembering how she had had to rely on them to find her way to her room almost a week earlier. She sighed and walked into her kitchen. She almost had a heart attack however when she saw a person standing over her counter.

Draco was standing over two mugs and staring at the kettle that was beginning to whistle. As if sensing her presence, he looked up at Ginny and smiled at her shocked expression.

"Startle you a bit, did I?" he asked in an amused tone.

"Only a lot," Ginny replied hotly but smiled back all the same.

"Like my shirt?"

"I like how it smells." Draco chuckled as he took the kettle off the burner and poured the boiling water into the mugs.

"How did you get in here?"

"You had a spare key hanging on a hook by your door. Thought it might come in handy."

"Turning into a thief are we?" Ginny mused.

"Hardly. How do you want your tea?"

"Milk and sugar please." Draco nodded while spooning the tea bags out of their mugs, pouring some milk into the hot liquid and then added a spoonful of sugar. Ginny sighed and took the spoon from him, adding two more healthy spoonfuls.

"You seem to like your sugar." Ginny nodded childishly and grinned. She then lifted herself onto the counter, letting her legs dangle over the side, and sipped her tea. Draco smiled and made his own tea. Ginny watched him as he did so. His movements were so dignified and graceful even when he was just making tea.

"When did you learn how to make tea?" she blurted out without thinking. She just assumed that he had never known how because he had grown up in a household full of house elves.

"Well seeing as I have lived on my own for a little over three years ago now, I had to learn to take care of myself some time, now didn't I?" He dropped the spoon in the sink and leaned against the counter, bringing the mug to his lips. Ginny looked down at her own mug in her hands and rubbed the edge with her thumb. The two were quiet for a moment, both staring into their tea as if it would bring out the word they wanted to say. Ginny bit her lip and tucked a piece of stray hair behind her ear. Draco silently tapped the fingers of his free hand on the counter. Both were feeling the uneasiness mounting in the room.

"This is silly," Draco finally said. "We have closer in a week than many people have in years at a time and we can't talk now." Ginny laughed half-heartedly and looked up at Draco. He was smiling at her and it made Ginny's heart flutter. She carefully brought her hand up to his face and ran her knuckles along his cheek.

"Are you okay?" he asked quietly. He had asked the same question a few days ago but things were different now. He set his mug on the counter and took her hand from his face, holding it in his.

"I was afraid Draco. I thought I would never get to see you again. I don't think I would have made it if you hadn't of been there with me. You risked a lot helping me like that. You could have gotten trapped or something worse could have happened or…" She was silenced with Draco's fingertips on her lips.

"I would die for you Ginny, you should know that by now," he said softly. "I don't think I could have gone on living without you coming back to me safely. You are everything to me." A tear slid down Ginny's cheek but Draco kissed it away, bring his hand up to cup her cheek. Ginny leaned forward and wrapped her arms around Draco's neck, burying her face in his shoulder. His arms soon were around her waist, pulling her close to him. He kissed the top of her head and then bent down to whisper in her ear.

"I love you Gin, more than you will ever know and I promise you that I will never let anything separate us again."

"I know Draco. I love you too." Ginny pulled back. Draco eyes locked with hers and she smiled as then brought her hand to his face, tracing his mouth, nose, eyes, cheeks and chin.

"What are you doing?" Draco asked quietly. "Remembering me by heart?" Ginny shook her head.

"No, I already know you by heart." A smile now appeared on Draco's face. Before either of them could speak another word, a very urgent tapping sound came from the living room.

Ginny slid down from the counter and walked into the living room, Draco right behind her. A barn owl was perched on the edge of the balcony, a small envelope clutched in it's beak. Ginny looked back at Draco before opening the screen doors and stepping out onto the balcony. She did not recognize this owl so she was a little weary. She gingerly took the letter from the owl and was surprised when it took off without any payment. Ginny opened the envelope, pulling out a newspaper clipping. A picture of Lucius Malfoy and herself just after waking up in hospital looked back up at her. Lucius was in a cell, pacing back and forth, snarling. The picture with herself in it also had the rest of her family and they were celebrating. She didn't even remember seeing the flash of a camera. The article underneath read:

July 2nd

Today, Lucius Malfoy was given the Dementor's Kiss. Malfoy, being one of the only remaining members of the Dark Lords circle, has been followed by Aurors for some time now and it was a surprise to the whole wizarding world when his own son brought him in a little over a week ago. The youngest Malfoy was one of the heroes during the war against Voldemort but no one expected him to take down his father.

Lucius himself has been charged with countless crimes, the greatest being murder. He was also charged with attempt at murder towards our Minister's daughter. The Minister would not give any comment but did say that he was glad the monster that did this to his daughter was behind bars.

Virginia Weasley was placed under the Sebonist curse, a new curse to the Ministry, where the victim first loses their sight and ends with their death. Thankfully, this did not happen to Miss Weasley. The picture above was taken just after her stunning recovery after being under the curse for around a week. The recovery itself was all thanks to Draco Malfoy and his knowledge of the curse. This news reporter wonders why Mr. Malfoy did not give up the information of this curse before hand?

For more details on the Sebonist cure turn to pg. 10.

Ginny frowned as many questions buzzed through her mind. She looked back in the envelope to see a note.

Thought you might want to see this. Luv Charlie

"What is it?" Draco asked, stepping out onto the balcony. Ginny handed him the clipping and leaned back against the railing. She watched as Draco skimmed over the clipping. He sighed when he had finished and handed it back to her. "I would have hoped that it would have been through me you would have found that out and not for a while yet but apparently someone had other plans."

"Charlie sent it." Draco nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?" She saw him hesitate. He brought his hand up and rubbed the back of his neck while the other delved into his jean pockets. His eyes fell to the floor. Ginny walked over to him and took his hand from behind hind hid neck, holding it in both of her own. "Draco?"