Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blood Moon by Mudbloodcaz
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blood Moon

Mudbloodcaz

Chapter Two

AN: Thanks to all who reviewed my first chapter, and to Justine for beta reading this chapter *huggies*

"I'm so sorry Harry" Lupin said looking at Harry with a mixture of regret and sorrow.

"She's going to be okay" Harry said, his words more a statement then a question, Harry stood up looking around.

"What's taking them long?" Harry said getting agitated;Tonks looked at Lupin and raised an eyebrow. "Maybe you should talk to him; I'll get us some more coffee" she said as she got up from her chair. Lupin nodded and watched as she left the tea shop, then turned to Harry who was pacing.

"Harry I think you should sit down, " he said, trying to calm Harry down.

"I want to know what's taking them so long; we should of heard something by now," Harry said not paying attention to what Lupin was saying.

"If you sit down Harry, I will try and find out what is happening."

Harry seemed to take this in and slumped into his seat crossing his arms and resting his forehead against them. Lupin stood up just as Tonks entered the room carrying a tray. She placed a cup of coffee in front of Harry, but he pushed it away. Tonks rolled her eyes and picked up the blue elephant, turning it over in her hands.

"This is cute," she said, placing it back on the table. She and Harry watched as it walked around the table. "I think Hermione will like it." Suddenly Harry slammed his fist into the the table making Tonks jump and causing the elephant to topple over.

"Why is it taking them so long?" he said pushing his chair back and getting to his feet.

"Harry you need to calm down; Lupin shouldn't be that long." Harry slid back into his seat and stared moodily at the table.

Lupin soon appeared with a healer, Harry jumping to his feet when he saw them.

"How's Hermione?" he asked.

"It was a bit touch and go at the start, but we now have Miss Granger stable. Unfortunately we are still not out of the woods so to speak." Harry glared at the healer at his choice of words.

"Can I see her?" Harry asked.

"Her parents are with her now, but she has been asking for you".

Harry followed the healer, with Tonks and Lupin in tow, up to Ward 3. When they arrived the healer stopped in front of the door that led to the ward.

"I can only allow one more visitor ; I must get back to my patient" he said before disappearing into the ward. Lupin turned to Harry.

"You go ahead Harry, I've got to get back to Hogwarts and update Dumbledore on the situation. Plus, I have to take my Wolfbanes potion, we don't want a repeat of three years ago do we?" Lupin remarked, a ghost of a smile on his face. Harry nodded. "Tonks is staying here until someone else from the Order is sent to replace her." Harry nodded and watched as Lupin left. Tonks settled herself on the chairs beside the door.

"Tell Hermione I'm asking after her; I'll be here if you need me."

"I will do" Harry said, pushing open the door to the ward.

The ward was cast in semi-darkness; the only light came from the shining crystal bubbles clustered in the middle of the ceiling, and from the wand tips of the healers that milled about the ward. A young female healer with blonde hair walked up to Harry.

"You must be Harry, I'm Celia Temple, the healer taking care of Miss Granger. If you follow me I shall take you to her." Harry followed Celia past a couple of occupied beds, -one of the patients had bright pink tuffs of hair growing out his ears; he ducked under the covers in shame as Harry past.

"Here we are," Celia said pulling back curtains that hid the occupier from the rest of the ward.

Hermione lay on her side facing her mother.

"Harry!" she said weakly. Mrs. Granger looked up as Harry stepped through the gap in the curtains; he could tell that she had been crying.

"Harry how are you?" she said getting to her feet.

"I'm okay, Mrs. Granger." Mrs. Granger smiled.

"Call me Helen," she said turning to her daughter.

"I'll see you tomorrow sweetie," Mrs.Granger said reaching forward to plant a kiss on her daughter's cheek before leaving. As soon as she was gone, Harry sat down and pulled his chair close to Hermione's bed. Hermione reached out and Harry closed his hand around hers.

"How you feeling?" he asked.

"Sore!" Hermione said, "But they've given me a potion for the pain," she said wincing slightly.

"But you're going to be okay right?" Harry asked.

"How okay is okay when you've been bitten by a werewolf, Harry?" Hermione said her voice full of tears.

"God, I'm sorry Hermione," Harry said reaching out and brushing away the tears that fell. He wanted to ask Hermione lots of questions, but he knew that she just needed him to be there for her. The curtain moved and Celia walked in carrying a goblet.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave Harry, I need to give Miss Granger a sleeping potion." Harry went to get up, but Hermione tugged on his hand, pulling him back into the seat.

"Stay, please," she said, "at least till I fall asleep. If that's okay with you," Hermione said looking at Celia.

"Just as long as you're quiet and don't disturb the other patients.

"We won't" Hermione said, taking the goblet from Celia. Harry watched as Hermione drank the potion down, making a face as she handed the goblet back.

"That was foul," she said with a yawn. Celia walked off with the goblet as Harry helped Hermione settle back into bed, watching as her eyelids started to flutter closed.

"Stay," she whispered as her head touched the pillow.

"I will; don't worry She reached out and entwined her hands with his and then she fell asleep, leaving Harry to watch over her.