Unofficial Portkey Archive

Awakening the Dragon by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Awakening the Dragon

Kai_Lun_Mau

Awakening the Dragon

Chapter 12

Dumbledore had returned to his study after quietly requistioning several potions from Poppy's supplies to ease his bruises and magical burns from the feedback from the reflected spell and he sat behind his desk fingers steepled beneathe his crooked nose fighting to control the anger at his schemes being thwarted. Harry must be made to realise that this was the only safe place for him where Albus could mentor him in defetaing Tom Riddle.

He knew he wouldn't be able to convince Harry to return, Wu would have to much influence on the boy now, he must be brought to believe his presence at the village was a major threat. Forming a plan he rose from his seat and made his way to the fire place and tossed several sprinkles of Floo powder into the flames and knelt sticking his head into the green fire. "Serverus would you please come to my office." He slowly pushed himself to his feet adjusting his robes and wincing as his knee's crackled. He placed his office floor deep in thought till finally the door opened and Snape walked in.

"You wished to see me Albus."

Dumbledore nodded and moved behind his desk and retook his seat and smiled at him. "I have good news, I found Harry, the bad news is I could not convince him to retrn, so I have something for you, a way for you to gain favor once more with Voldemort."

Snape looked at the old man worriedly. "What is it you wish me to do."

Albus smiled knowingly at his potions Master. "I want you to tell Voldemort where to find him."

**********

In the Room of Requirement Ron stood looking at Terry Boot an Hannah Abbot in annoyance. "Look, bloody hell it's not hard!" He started to pace back and forth his hands waving erratically about him as his face went red. "Hannah you defend, that means shields, banishing charms, anything that will help you to defend you both, you don't worry about attacking!" He turned his attention to Terry. "And you, for Merlins sake you stun your own shield partner are you bloody stupid!"

The surrounding members of the DA sniggered watching Terry flush in embarrassment. Ron whirled glaring at the rest of them. "I don't know what the bloody hell you lot are laughing at you are all just as bad." He glared at them before looking at Luna. "C'mere and we'll show them what the hell they are supposed to be doing. Luna her eyes wide nodded and drifted from behind the groups and came to stand before him her wand drawn from it's usual place behind her ear and she smiled brightly at him. Ron pointed to Terry, Hannah, Ernie, and Anthony goldstien and Padma. "You lot do your best to defeat Luna and me alright." Nodding the students started firing off Spells at the pair who moved in almost perfect concert like they had spent their entire lives doing this, Luna's shield springing into being perfectly timed to deflect each strike and curse and stunner while Ron moved with her his wand barking off spells as the pair systematically took out the other students till fnally on the floor all that stood were Luna and Ron panting for breath.

The other members of the DA looked on stunned at the pair before ginny grinning broke free and started to revive the fallen members. Ron swiped his fingers through his hair sweeping the sweat soaked locks from his eyes and he glared at them. "That is how it's done." He sighed stretching his arms and shook his head. "Look it's late, we'll continue this at the next meeting ok."

Nodding the members started tp file out till Only Ron and Luna where left and she smiled brightly at him making him extrememly nervous. Slowly she glided across the floor till she reached him and stood on her tip toes and gently pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Thank you Ronald."

Ron stood there stunned as he watched Luna glide out of the Room of requirement leaving him alone with a somewhat goffy smile on his face. "Bloody mental that one."

TBC...

AN: Hey people I finally have meds that work on my migraines, the downside is they usually leave me so stoned doing anything isn't an option...but anyway heres the next chapter.

Yours Truly

The Evil known as Kai Lun Mau


-->