Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Cruelty of Fate by SoraSummers
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Cruelty of Fate

SoraSummers

A/N:

Okay, here's the pseudo-sequel to my Lily/James Cruelty of Fate. The reason why I call it a pseudo sequel is that it is the same story, but I had to split it up so that it would fit the rules of portkey. Those of you looking for a great, fluffy, h/hr romance will not find it here, in fact, there will never be a Harry or Hermione POV in the entire fic, except for maybe an epilogue. H/Hr also won't appear until probably 4-5 chapters in, after Sirius has escaped from Azkaban. Obviously, they will not be entering a relationship any time soon after that, but rather the marauder's will be there to observe and pick up the signs. They won't actually get together until WELL into the fic, nearer to the end than the beginning, and their relationship will not be a major factor in the story either, as it is all told by the remaining marauder's. But it WILL be there, with Sirius and Lupin hinting at it in years three, four, and five, until they finally do get together. The majority of the beginning will be basically the background of what has already happened in the books, but from a different perspective with extra scenes written in.

Also, this fic will be very confusing if you do not read the first part first! The L/J fic that starts it all can be found HERE!

The actual story probably won't go up till tomorrow, so kill the time waiting by reading the fist part! And please drop a review in with your comments or criticism, and pointers on what I messed up on would be nice as well. Just to warn you, chapter two contains a rather cruel torture scene, while chapter four shows the deaths of the Potters, Lily and James. And I didn't write it ambiguously, you WILL actually read them dying, as well as their last thoughts and such.

The fic also answers a lot of mysteries surrounding that plotline that JKR hasn't revealed yet, like why Voldemort didn't want to kill Lily and why and how Peter Pettigrew became a traitor. Obviously they aren't necessarily correct, but as I wrote them, it made perfectly good sense to me, and it does seem plausible.

As far as how quickly it will be updated, I would expect once every 2-3 days, and the same with my other fic that is going on right now, Harry Potter and the Arithmetic Theory. I'm splitting the time between the two, although it's hard writing the latter as I don't really like where I've taken it, but it's too late now. <sigh>

I'm also not one of those author's that responds to feedback in my beginning author's notes for each chapter, but if you ask a legit question, I'll try to remember and answer it in the author's note, rather than in my own reviews section (this way more people see it).

Okay, well that's all for now, so I'll see ya tomorrow (hopefully) and I hope you enjoy the story!

Cheers!