Unofficial Portkey Archive

Night before the final battle by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Night before the final battle

heaven85

A/N: Thanks so much to all those who reviewed and for your wonderful comments. I love getting feedback and hope that you all will continue reviewing. So sorry for taking so long to update, busy with school and because I sent in too close to the holidays I haven't got a response back from my beta but I decided to post it anyways so sorry if there are a lot of mistakes. Not to sound too redundant but please REVIEW. There are also a lot of spells in this chapter that are mine and are not from any books or movies. Thanks so much.

I disclaim as in first part of the story.

Part 5: Inner Demons

Ron was holding his wand up, ready to strike Harry at any moment.

Harry was bracing himself for anything that Ron might throw at him but unwilling to make the first move.

Ron watched Harry's movements carefully trying to read into his mind and decipher his next move. When he saw movement in Harry's direction he spoke `Expelliarmus'

Harry jumped and just barely passed the spell. Harry was looking around to see if there was anything that he could use to block Ron's spell.

Ron yelled `STUPEFY' and Harry yelled `PROTEGO' just in time to block the spell although it did slightly stun his leg.

Harry was limping slightly as he quickly stood back up and saw that there were quite a few of rocks lying around which gave him an idea and with a wave of his wand a couple of rocks flew to him. He spoke quietly, `Windium pierca' causing the rocks to fly quickly and hitting Ron in the leg with just enough force to cause him to stumble. With quick speed and agility he came near a few trees and cried, `Collapsa' and within a few seconds all the trees came crashing down forming a container like structure around Ron. Then before Ron could try anything he said, ` Sealamente' which caused the rocks to surround Ron and seal up the space between the trees and air.

At first there was no movement or sound coming from Ron but after a couple of minutes a blast of magic came through the space between the rocks and trees and a hole formed and Ron came walking out.

`That was great Ron, didn't know you had it in you. I mean of course he could perform quite a bit of magic but this was pretty powerful stuff that he just performed.' Harry thought with both pride and worry because he didn't know what was going on with his friend.

Ron said, " Is that all you got? Come on now, you're the great Harry potter. Do something. Don't just stand there doing nothing."

"I told you that I didn't want to hurt you." Harry responded as he shifted his gaze to the surroundings. He didn't really see much of anything but trees.

"I told you that I didn't want you to spare me in any way." Ron answered shaking his head.

"I'm not. I don't feel like fighting you." Harry answered.

"Well then, let's see if there is anything I can do about that." Ron replied in a taunting voice.

`Tarantallegra' Ron said in a low time and a grin on his face.

This caught Harry by surprise and caused Harry's feet to start dancing crazily.

"Now that is more like it." Ron said with a laugh.

Harry held his breath and forced himself to try to stand while his legs were flying in all directions. He looked around for something he could hold on to. He knew that if he pushed hard enough he could regain control of his legs. As he was watching Ron's face he saw that he seemed very amused by the sight and that made him shake his head and tried to think of a spell that might be able to reverse or overthrow the one that Ron placed on him.

"Okay Ron, you asked for it." Harry told himself as he dragged himself over to a nearby tree. Using his upper arm strength he pushed himself up and quickly muttered `Finite' while tapping his leg.

"Where did you learn that?" Ron asked with a scowl.

"You know that I read up on a lot of magic to prepare for this day and I saw Professor Lupin use it." Harry answered and he began to feel his legs slowly stop moving about.

"But I don't recall you learn this counter spell." Ron replied.

"It's all about the application." Harry answered.

"Quit stalling Harry. What are you going to do?" Ron asked.

"Well.." Harry started before he was hit with the sound of `Impedimenta' and he felt a sharp pain and he fell over backwards and traveled a few feet away.

"Who was that?" Ron asked angrily.

"It was me." came a very familiar sinister voice that Harry recognized.

Bellatrix Lestrange came out with a grin.

"Why did you interfere?" Ron asked in a dangerous voice.

"I was getting bored watching you work." She replied in her awful mocking tone of voice.

"He is mine, don't interfere again or else." Ron answered with a menacing look on his face.

"Emotional now aren't we? I won't interfere as long as you do your job." Bellatrix answered with a sneer.

"I will, I just don't want to rush it." Ron replied.

"If I didn't know any better I'd think that you didn't want to fight Harry." Bellatrix added.

"What are you trying to imply?" Ron asked angrily.

"I just call what I see." Bellatrix answered.

"What exactly do you see?" Ron asked.

"A young boy trying to prove that he's a man and not a coward but yet can't do a grown mans work." Bellatrix replied with a mocking tone

"I'll show you what this coward can do." Ron spoke in a menacing tone and directly swung his wand in her face.

Harry stood there kind of in awe at this side in Ron but scared in a weird way because he hardly ever saw Ron this way before.

"Prove it. Kill him." Bellatrix replied pointing her wand at Harry.

"I don't have to listen to you. I'd rather do something to you." Ron replied without moving his wand.

"Do it then." Bellatrix responded with a smile.

`Crucio' Ron spoke with a grin and a quick wave of his wand.

Bellatrix was fast but Ron was quicker and the spell hit her leg and she fell over and screamed but was quickly back on her feet. `Stubefy' Bellatrix responded quickly.

Ron was somehow ready for her and his shield charm blocked off most of her spell and it make only a slight cut on his knee and cause him to limp.

Ron responded with `Expelliarmus' with a wave of his wand.

This time Bellatrix was ready for him and ducked in time and spoke with an evil grin, "You've got to better than that."

During this time Harry decided it was time for him to see how he would get to Voldemort and started to walk away but a wand stood in his way and a gruff voice said, "Where do you think you're going?"

Harry turned and saw that it was another Death Eater.

The Deatheater shook his head and placed a firm grip on Harry and send a stunning spell towards Ron and Bellatrix.

They both turned towards whoever hit them and the Deatheater smiled and spoke, "Now is not the time. We have business to attend to don't we master?"

Voldemort came from beyond the shadows and spoke in a commanding eerily voice, "It's not time now to play. Bellatrix stand back and let Ron do his job. Ron, deal with Harry."

"Yes master." Bellatrix spoke and stepped back.

Ron nodded and once again turned toward Harry with a scowl.

"Now look what you have done." Ron spoke while shaking his head and quickly pointed his wand to Harry and said, "Impendimenta"

This time Harry couldn't move because he was held down and it hit him down onto the ground. Harry felt pain but dared not to show it and just grimaced.

"Step away." Ron ordered and the Death Eater walked away leaving Harry on his own.

"I'd much rather see you mobile." Ron added as he walked closer towards Harry.

Ron offered his hand towards Harry with what Harry could swear was a smile but he didn't take it and got up by himself.

"Ron, I know you're still in there somewhere, don't do this." Harry pleaded one last time.

"You never learn do you? This is me, a better and stronger Ron." Ron answered with an evil grin.

Harry just shook his head and within a few seconds his wand flew from his hand as Ron spoke `Expelliarmus'

Ron just shook his head and said, `Accio wand' and threw it back to him. "You can do better than that." Ron replied.

"What are you doing Ron? Torture him." Voldemort voice called out.

"Yes master." Ron replied quickly and just before he moved his wand towards Harry, Harry thought he saw a sign of pain and sadness in his face for just a few seconds.

Ron spoke, `Crucio' as he waved his wand toward Harry.

Harry eyes widened and the spell hit him causing him to double boil and scream at the feeling of pain thorough his entire body.

*~*~*~*~*~

Hermione had thought that she heard a couple of familiar voices and walked on over and the sight that lay in front of her was too shocking for words. A took her a few seconds to realize that what she saw was real and not a dream. Seeing Ron there with the evil look on his face holding a Ron right above Harry was shocking enough but to see him torture Harry like that was the most shocking thing in the world.

`That can't be Ron can it? The Ron I know isn't like that. It's not possible. The Ron she knew was annoying but really sweet and attentive. She really did care about him a lot, not like the way she feels about Harry but still it really hurt to see him like this. Could this all be my fault? Could he be like this because of me? I can't stand to be the reason that Ron and Harry are like this. They were the best of friends, they still are I hope.' Hermione thought to herself and proceed to rush over to see Harry.

But before she could get there a few Death Eaters stood on out aiming stunning spells at her. Hermione ducked as much as she could and said, `Protego' a few times which blocked away most of the spells and she broke back with an `Expelliarmus' and a couple of stunning spells.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed and rushed over to his side.

"Hermione? I thought that…" Harry started.

"I know what you thought. I'll deal with that later but first of all are you okay?" Hermione asked concerned.

"As fine as I can be at this moment in time." Harry answered with a slight smile.

Hermione smiled a little to see that Harry could still smile at this moment and turned to face Ron and saw a hit of sadness but then that face twisted into one of anger that she had never seen before.

"Please Ron, don't do this! We're all friends, the three of us. Whatever it is we can work through it." Hermione pleaded with her eyes.

"What is there to work through? You betrayed me and that's all there is to it and you obviously think that Harry is better than me." Ron answered.

"Ron it isn't like that at all. You're both different people. I never thought that you were second rate, you just have different things that you are better at than Harry at. Ron you are a great person, sweet, loyal, a little annoying and an amazing boyfriend." Hermione responded.

"If I'm so great why are you with him?" Ron asked in a mocking tone.

"Because I love him Ron." Hermione answered quietly.

"That just shows that you are a horrible person and a scarlet woman." Ron spat out.

"Watch your mouth." Harry said angrily moving forward but Hermione pushed him back.

"If it makes you feel better then just let it out." Hermione responded.

"Let what out? I'm fine, never better." Ron answered with a grin.

"Ron…" Hermione started.

"I don't have time for this. Move on over. Harry and I have something that we need to finish." Ron spoke gruffly.

"I'm not moving. In order to get to Harry you have to go through me." Hermione firmly stated.

"Hermione, leave this has nothing to do with you." Harry asked her gently.

`I can't leave you here by yourself, you don't know how crazy I'll go just waiting to see what happened and I can't leave Ron here knowing he's like this." Hermione replied shaking her head firmly.

"Well if you won't move then I'll just have to move you." Ron sad as he snapped his fingers and told two Death Eaters, "Take her away."

Out of nowhere two Death Eaters came near Harry pushed him out of the way and took hold of Hermione and dragged her away while Hermione was screaming and putting up quite a fight with kicking of the feet and kicking one of them in the shins. "You little…" one of them said and sent off a stunning spell after her as she was getting away.

Hermione gave a slight yelp and that got her quite angry and she said, `Stubefy' knocking one of them off their feet and onto the floor.

Hermione felt a hand wrapping itself around her neck and whispered in a menacing tone, "Move one step and you're dead." Hermione stopped moving and her brain was moving quickly trying to figure a way of getting away.

Her gaze then shifted toward Harry and Ron and she saw that they were kind of getting nasty as both of them were grabbing onto their arms and saw both grimacing with pain but trying hard not to show it.

She then saw a dark figure approaching Harry from behind and she shouted, "Harry look behind you."

Harry turned around quickly with his wand but was not quick enough and was quickly knocked down to the ground.

"Harry…" Hermione started before with a wave of wand her voice became nonexistant.

"That's better." The Death Eater said with a grin.

`What am I going to do? I can't do the counter spell because I have no voice and I can't warn Harry!' Hermione thought desperately to herself.

*~*~*~*~

Harry quickly tried to stand up but failed at first, he then summoned his strength and said, "Ron let's finish this."

"Ah… Finally what I was waiting to here." Ron replied with a smirk.

`Rictusempra' Harry stated quickly.

Ron jumped over it quickly and countered quickly with `Stubefy'

Harry ducked just in time to avoid the spell. "You've got to do better than that Ron" Harry replied.

Ron then just smiled wickedly and spoke, `Writhia' which caused a twisting through his limbs and caused him to fall to the ground yelling in pain.

"How do you like that?" Ron asked.

Harry just glared and him and with all the strength he could muster he tried to stand up but still could feel the pain in his muscles and looked him squarely in the face and said, `Allantois lacia' which caused to feel like something was causing a cut through his skin.

`Crucio' Ron said once again causing Harry once again to double over and Ron came closer to him and said, "How about we try something different."

"Kill him now Ron." Voldemort commanded.

Harry once again saw something in his face that showed that he did not want to do it but he the saw him nod as if he came to a realization.

`Instigia Reposa' Ron said quickly causing everything to go black for Harry and cause him to sleep.

"Why did you do that?" Voldemort hissed angrily.

"I didn't want to derive you the pleasure of killing Harry master. I know that you have been waiting for this day for many years but if I'm wrong please allow me another chance to prove myself to you.' Ron said while kneeling in from of Voldemort.

Hermione once again looked at Ron in shock yet was confused as to why Ron didn't want to kill Harry.
` What is really going on Ron?'
She thought curiously.

-->