Unofficial Portkey Archive

As Long As You're Mine by xsIeepxtoxdreamx
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

As Long As You're Mine

xsIeepxtoxdreamx

Author's Notes:

Thank you to my betas. You guys were great. This is my first story on Portkey. I have the first four chapters written but I'm only posting this one right now as a test. As soon as I'm sure it worked I will post the other three.

Good news!

She's dead!

The Witch of the West is dead

The wickedest witch there ever was

The enemy of all of us here in Oz

Is dead!

Good News!

Good News!

Let us be glad

Let us be grateful

Let us rejoicify that goodness could subdue

The wicked workings of You-Know-Who

Isn't it nice to know

That good will conquer evil?

The truth we all believe'll by and by

Outlive a lie

For you and-

No one mourns the wicked

No one cries 'they won't return!'

No one lays a lily on their grave

The good man scorns the wicked

Through their lives our children learn

What we miss

When we misbehave…

And goodness knows

The wicked's lives are lonely

Goodness knows

The wicked die alone

It just shows when you're wicked

You're left only

On your own…

Yes, goodness knows

The wicked's lives are lonely

Goodness knows

The wicked cry alone

Nothing grows for the wicked

They reap only

What they've sown…

No one mourns the wicked

Now at last, she's dead and gone

Now at last there's joy throughout the land

And

Goodness knows

We know what goodness is

Goodness knows

The wicked die alone

Woe to those

Who spurn what goodnesses

They are shown

No one mourns the wicked…

No one mourns the wicked!

No one mourns the wicked!

Wicked!

Wicked!

-No One Mourns the Wicked, Wicked

Sometimes it's hard for us to accept that good and evil are interchangeable. For example, doing something evil all along may, in fact, lead to something good. That's what this story is about. Who am I? We'll come to that later. For now I'll tell you who I am not. I am not The-Boy-Who-Lived. I am not the King of Slytherin. I am not the cleverest witch who ever lived. I am not the most handsome. I am not the most dreadful. Sometimes, I am not even noticed. I linger somewhere in the background. My voice is rarely heard. But this time is different. This time I will make sure that my voice is heard. I was the one who saw it all happen. I was the one in the background. I may not have been noticed, but I was there. And I have a story to tell. I shall warn you now; you may not want to hear my story. It goes against everything you have ever heard about all the key players. But please, bear with me. Your life will be better knowing the truth. And the truth is all I can offer you.

When should I begin my story? I guess I should start at the beginning. When Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Lived, turned 11 and found out that he was a wizard. He was accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Not too far away from where he stood as he found out, I also received my acceptance letter.

Something very important happened the day Harry Potter left Platform Nine and ¾ to head to Hogwarts on the Hogwarts' Express. He met his best friend, Ronald Weasley, his parents, Molly and, his twin brothers, Fred and George and the third oldest Weasley, the oldest one still at the school, Percy. But in the background stood a young girl, too young to be leaving for Hogwarts just yet, but not young enough to be unaware of what was going on. Her name was Ginny Weasley. And that day, on Platform Nine and ¾ she saw the man she was going to marry.

Now, I know what you're thinking, I really do. Ginny and Harry were meant to be together. After all, she fell in love with him that day, didn't she? That's what all the stories say. Ginny fell in love with Harry and followed him around like a little puppy for years until they dated briefly in her fifth year. Well, that, my friend, is not the truth.

But she did see the man she was going to marry…

*Flashback*

"Weasleys." Draco Malfoy drawled staring at the large, run down, red-headed family he saw further down the platform.

"Draco," Lucius Malfoy said to his only son. "Do try to behave this year. It is your first year after all. Don't hang around the wrong people. Ah!" he said, noticing where Draco's eyes were focused. "I see you understand my warning. Make their lives miserable. It will come in handy one day, trust me."

But Draco wasn't paying attention. He was always taught to hate the family he was looking at but that little girl was just too beautiful to ignore. Then, just like magic, their gazes met. He noticed she wasn't getting on the train. Then he realized he would have to wait almost a year until he saw her again. With mild disappointment he got on the train and headed to school.

*Present Time*

Now, now. I know you're beginning to become frustrated with me. Draco and Ginny weren't married! Is that what you're thinking? Well you're wrong. They were married. And I know you're also thinking how they're dead. Well, my friend, that has yet to be discovered. There were never any bodies recovered. For all we know, Ginny and Draco could be happily married with 10 children.

But they were evil, right? Ginny turned on her family and friends and fought against them as a Death Eater, right? Her parents were killed along with one of her brothers by the Lord she swore to serve, right? And then Harry and Hermione Potter killed both Draco and Ginny in retaliation. Or that's what we all like to think. That's what lets us fall asleep at night. The fact that we know that good conquers evil. It's what we believe in, right?

After all, no one mourns the wicked.