Unofficial Portkey Archive

As Long As You're Mine by xsIeepxtoxdreamx
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

As Long As You're Mine

xsIeepxtoxdreamx

Author's Notes: Thank you for the reviews. Yes, I did see the play. Yes, the narrator will be revealed- in this chapter actually. I'd like to ask that you don't write the narrator's name in any reviews. I read reviews before reading stories and that would ruin it for everyone else. So here is the official first chapter. I will have the next chapter up sometime this weekend seeing as how I already have it written. I actually have the first four chapters written but the fourth chapter has yet to be beta-read. I haven't even picked it apart yet. Thanks to everyone who reviewed. It meant a lot to me. Enjoy!

Chapter One: Dear Old Shiz

O hallowed halls and vine-draped walls

The proudliest sight there is When grey and sere our hair hath turned

We shall still revere the lessons learned

In our days at dear old Shiz Our days at dear old…

Shiz

-Dear Old Shiz, Wicked

On the train ride to Hogwarts for his first year, Draco Malfoy could not think of anything else but the little Weasley girl. There was something in her eyes unlike her siblings. She looked lost, unappreciated, and angry. Maybe not all Weasleys were the same. He decided to write to his father.

Lucius Malfoy, although a strict parent, always listened to what his only son had to say. But this was insane. He read the letter over and over again.

Dear Father,

I am currently in my room at Hogwarts. You will be pleased to know that I have been placed in Slytherin as well as Crabbe and Goyle. Everyone is well aware of who I am and look at me with fear in their eyes. The power is incredible and I have you to thank for all of it. I will not let you down. I look forward to continuing the Malfoy legacy.

Something bothers me, Father. I met Harry Potter here, just as you said I would. I introduced myself to him, just as you told me to, but it seems that Weasley got to him first. One of the Weasley brats (I think his name is Robert or something like that) started this year also. Potter chose him and some Mudblood as friends over me.

But that's not all. They're all in Gryffindor. Figures. The sorting hat took a long time to decide with Potter but I heard him tell it not to put him in Slytherin, and it obeyed, as usual.

When we were at the train station I saw the youngest Weasley; a girl. Father, she was beautiful. I know she's a Weasley but when I looked in her eyes I saw something there. She hates them, Father. She honestly hates them. She looked so angry.

You have always taught me to make my own decisions, so long as they didn't spoil our good name. I have decided that if she is the kind of person I think she is then I will marry her one day.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Your son,

Draco

Reading the letter two more times did not change what it said. His only son was falling for a Weasley. Then again, Draco was always known to have impeccable taste and to be highly intelligent. So Lucius sat down to write a response to his son's letter.

Dear Son,

Congratulations on your acceptance to Slytherin. Pass my congratulations onto your friends as well.

I cannot say I am happy to hear about your interest in the Weasley girl. However, I trust you. You have plenty of time until you meet with her again. We will use this time to formulate a plan to find out what is truly going on inside this young girl's mind. There are anomalies in every family. For example, look at your mother's family and the bad eggs that came from her side. Maybe this girl is more like our family than her own.

I have received a letter from Professor Snape who has told me that even after only a few days in his potions class you are excelling. I wish you lots of luck. If you have any questions about any subject matter please feel free to ask me. I only want for you to excel in everything you do.

Good luck my son,

I'm always here for you,

Father

Draco read the letter in his bed at school. He never read his letters when they came in during breakfast. It wasn't really a form of paranoia. The Malfoy's were a target. They were a rich, established family with connections in all areas of the Ministry of Magic. Lucius Malfoy also was acquitted for his much speculated role as a Death Eater in Lord Voldemort's army. The Malfoy family had many enemies. And, for Draco, there was also another reason; certain things should be kept private. Family matters, especially.

Then Draco remembered something very important that his father once told him about the Dark Lord. He quickly wrote his proposal down and ran straight to the Owlery to have it sent immediately to his father.

*****

Months passed until Draco heard from his father regarding the suggestion he had made. It was the day before everyone left for Christmas holidays. He noticed on the sign up sheet for those staying that Ron Weasley and his brothers were staying. There went Draco's hope for seeing the little Weasley girl at the Platform.

Then, during breakfast a letter came from his father. He pocketed the letter, went to his room, and opened it up.

Draco,

I have found the object you alluded to. We will talk when you come home for the holidays. We have much to plan and not as much time as we may think.

See you soon,

Father

*****

Draco escaped to his bedroom for the first time in months. This room reflected him perfectly. It was a large room with a cathedral ceiling that was accented by dark wooden beams and several skylights. The two windows on the walls were floor to ceiling windows and were treated with green satin curtains. The walls were stone, and hard wood floors covered with a green circular area rug that bore the Malfoy crest embroidered in grey. He had a large four poster bed with green curtains and grey trim to match the window treatments. The furniture that filled room was incredibly impressive. It was all passed down from his father. Malfoy tradition was such that the first born son of a Malfoy man inherited his father's furniture from his youth. After all, Lucius got all new furniture when he was married. The furniture was dark wood with pewter and sterling silver inlays. There was an impressive dresser, two beautiful nightstands and an apothecary desk that was dated back eight generations.

His first day home was over. He looked back on the conversations he had with his father during the course of the day. They had come up with the perfect plan to find out everything about the youngest Weasly. Lucius Malfoy had in his possession a priceless item: a diary that Lord Voldemort had created years ago to capture his younger self, Tom Riddle. Its purpose was simple; interrogate potential allies when they are still young in order to see how they would react to formally being invited to join his ranks when older. There was only one problem: Barely anyone seemed to be able to get much of a reaction out of the Tom Riddle in the diary. Because of this, it was very rarely used anymore. With some luck, the Weasly girl would be one of the few people to catch Tom Riddle's interests. It was also decided that the diary would be slipped to her by Lucius instead of Draco and only after he had met her.

Those were his father's terms. Draco had happily agreed; anything to get him what he wanted. And what he wanted was the beautiful red head he saw at the Platform.

*****

The rest of the school year came and went and eventually it was summer time once more. Draco and Lucius were now ready to set their plan into motion. The first part of their plan was devoted to throwing off Harry Potter.

"Why is he important?" Draco asked his father.

"As you have told me," Lucius replied. "Harry Potter is not only good friends with that Weasly kid but he trusts him; him and that filthy Mudblood. If Potter encounters a problem that he believes is about him and needs to be resolved then Weasly will surely help him out and will be unable to see any changes that might occur to his sister. Dobby!"

"Yes, Master?" Dobby, the Malfoy house elf responded.

"Find Harry Potter and warn him of some impending doom. Act like you're going there on your own. Punish yourself and use the excuse that we do not know that you went there. Under no circumstances tell him whose house you serve. Go!" Lucius commanded.

"It would be my pleasure Master," said the house elf with a smile on his face that rivaled Lucius Malfoy's himself in warmth.

*****

Now, we all know the story of Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter's memoirs. I won't go into the details. I wasn't at Harry's house the night that Dobby visited, but I doubt very much that Harry exaggerated. After all, he had only just started that bad habit.

According to Harry's memoir from his first year at Hogwarts, Ron Weasley was injured along the quest for the sorcerer's stone and Hermione Granger did not follow Harry into the last room because there were not enough potions for two people. That is not true. How do I know this? I was there.

I guess it's time to reveal myself once and for all. I am Ronald Weasley. Is it hard for you to believe that I would go up against my so called best friends in order to tell the whole story? I know. It was just as hard for me to begin writing this story.

Enough about me. Let me continue with my story now.

I was not injured. When we got to the room with the potions it was decided that I would stay behind. Harry, who even at the age of 11 had an ego to rival Gilderoy Lockhart, decided that since Hermione was smart and he was much more brave than I could ever hope to be, the two of them would go into the final room together. Since I was useless I was doomed to stay behind. The only truth was someone had to stay behind due to lack of potion. If Hermione wasn't so head over heels in love with Harry she would have seen what he was doing to me. I was never more than a sidekick to him.

Getting back to Dobby: his story is probably close to the truth if not the whole truth. Dobby really did go to the Dursely house and tell Harry it was too dangerous for him to return to Hogwarts.

Harry's lies started to spin out of control at the start of our second term at dear old Hogwarts.