Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Therapeutic Chef: Sugar Coated by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Therapeutic Chef: Sugar Coated

gypsybaby21

Answered questions:

Question One: When do Ginny and Draco come into action?

Answer: More Ginny and Draco interaction will be in chapter three.

Question Two: How did Harry decide to marry Cho in the first place?

Answer: Well for the subplot of the story he had to be marrying someone in the beginning, so I just chose Cho because of his crush. It doesn't really have a significant meaning or anything.

Question Three: What possessed Ginny to wear a halter-top to a catering job?

Answer: *Shrugs* I was thinking about what Sarah Michelle Gellar might wear…the main character in Simply Irresistible, the movie that inspired this story. Again, no significant meaning-not that 'wearing a halter-top' would EVER have one!

Question Four: 'Will Cho try to kill him right there?'

Answer: I was wondering if people would be confused with this. That was just 'hopeful wishing' on Hermione's part. You see, she's in love with Harry, so she'd like it if Cho were trying to kill him, but Cho is one of the good guys in the story (even though she isn't in it much). Hermione just kind of wanted a reason to hate Cho.

Question Five: 'What were the Malfoys and Zabini doing there?'

Answer: You'll have to wait for this one...although I'm sure most of it will eventually either be obvious or already is obvious.

Now that that's finished…

Chapter Two:

Broken Wedding

~

II

Ginny jumped up and down pounding the penguin dressed waiter on the shoulder. "My stomach is all filled with butterflies. We are extremely prepared for this wedding," she paused and frowned as she stared at the young man to her left. "I'm sorry…here I am hitting you on the shoulder and I don't even know your name."

The waiter smirked down at her over enthusiasm and licked his lips in amusement. "Zane."

Ginny paused once again looking puzzled; she then turned to look the waiter in the eye. "Are you serious?"

He quirked an eyebrow, "Why wouldn't I be?"

Ginny curled her lips giving him an approving gesture and shook her head. "Oh nothing. Nice-err," She grinned, turned swiftly, and hopped towards her mother. "Wish the food luck!"

"Oh honey, the food is superb. Don't worry about it."

Ginny grinned and bounced on the tips of her toes. She knew she was acting like a child on the night of Christmas Eve, but she couldn't help it. It was, after all, her first real job by herself, well of course she had help, but she was the one leading it. Ginny had really wanted to do this for Harry's wedding and thankfully Giselle made her do it by herself. She most likely would have never gotten the guts to do it if her friend hadn't pulled rank on her. Giselle was her boss and could fire her at any moment, not that that she would do it. Ginny was the best cook Giselle had ever had and Giselle had made it known.

Ginny paused yet again as it suddenly dawned on her. "How do you know it's good? Mum, have you been picking?"

Her mother had the dignity to blush and look ashamed as she glanced towards her daughter. "Just a little nibble."

"Ma!" Ginny cried as she jutted out her bottom lip jumping in a tantrum.

"Don't worry, it was from your plate."

"Ma!"

Molly rolled her eyes. "Stop whining love."

Ginny scowled and stomped out of the kitchen. "I'll see you outside. Oh, um Zane right?"

He nodded.

Ginny let out a shivering breath as the waiter smiled at her. It was actually the first time all day Ginny had noticed the exotic aura that surrounded him. Almost like he was sex on legs. Not that Ginny was really in the position to judge what was and wasn't sex on legs.

"You can start serving right after the wedding ceremony. I'm so glad they didn't have to have the reception in another place! I cannot wait for the father-daughter dance."

"Yes," he drawled out softly.

Ginny took a deep breath, smiled, and then teasingly rolled her eyes at her babbling. "Right then. Thank you!"

~*~

Everyone was seated. Everything was perfect. Ginny hadn't expected any less; it was Harry Potter's wedding after all. Ginny was almost breathless from the beauty of the atmosphere. White, glittered sprinkled banners and streamers decorated around polls, confetti sprinkled on the table, iced sculptures. The smell of the water and the sound of the waves crashing against the shore were very soothing and set the perfect scene of a tropical paradise.

Ginny snorted softly. Leave it to Harry to have romantic ocean scenery for his wedding.

Harry and Cho were to get married on the white sand just in front of the water, and just behind the sand sat white, fancy folding chairs, ten rows for each side with ten chairs. Family members and close friends were to sit in the front. In the aisle of the chairs, above the white sand was a trail of conch shells leading to the wedding altar. This was where Cho would walk down to Harry. When he'd informed Ginny of this she had swooned at him making him blush deeply. She teased him relentlessly that day and he enjoyed every minute of it she knew!

The white wedding cake, surrounded by green leaves at the bottom, stood like a statue in the center of the table. Spiral stairs that descended from Cho and Harry's suit and that's where she would enter had beautiful green vines wrapped around the railing.

"Gin, did Hermione come?" Ron asked from behind her.

Ginny turned and did a double take at the way Ron looked. Harry had informed all the males to dress appropriately, but not in tuxes. He claimed that just because he had to be uncomfortable in a tux didn't mean the rest of them had to. Cho had agreed heartily and said the same for the females, but she knew what good that would do. Appropriately in this case would be a high class Hawaiian style shirt and khaki pants. "Oh my gosh! You look so-spiffy."

Ron raised an eyebrow. "I was going for gorgeous or handsome, but I suppose getting 'spiffy' from you is the best that I'll get!"

"Hermione's here. She went to go say goodbye to Harry."

"Hmm," Ron snorted in disgust.

He disapproved immensely of Harry marrying Cho. Ron fully believed that Hermione and Harry were soul mates, as did a lot of others whom were very surprised and maybe even slightly upset at the marriage announcement. It was true Ron had had deep feelings for Hermione, but after a chance at dating each other they'd realized that the chemistry was non-existent. Of course it wasn't until a trip to Paris after Harry, Hermione, and Ron's last year that Ron had realized what he thought. He had said it was the way they looked at each other and that the only other people he'd seen look at each other the way they did was Mum and Dad.

Three days after their trip Hermione had collapsed in Ron's arms crying about how she felt about Harry.

When Ginny had found out her first thought was her brother had been right.

"Ron, try not to show your feelings on the matter. If Hermione does decide to stay please be careful with what you say around her. You have a tendency to speak before thinking."

Ron rolled his eyes. "It runs in the family," he looked at her pointedly.

Ginny snorted in a un-lady like manner.

"Don't deny it. You never could hold your tongue."

Ginny felt her eyes widen and her head shake as she lifted up a finger and shook it. "Oh-oh not true. When I had a crush on Harry I could."

Ron shook his head in amusement. "Not that that lasted long. You know that night you decided you wanted to finally tell him how you felt, what was it? Around the end of sixth year, you made him nearly swallow his tongue at the obscenities you spoke to him."

Ginny's face turned a deep crimson. "He told you about that?"

"Yes. What'd you expect? We're best friends. I couldn't believe my baby sister had such a dirty mind."

"I was sixteen years old…I had never been kissed, I was into those smutty romance novels, and had had a crush on a very gorgeous boy, no man, since I was eleven. I had…have a dirty mind. Not to mention I live in a family where the Y Chromosome dominate."

"True, but ew, I do not want to talk about this at the moment," Ron grimaced. "Harry thanks Merlin every day that you got over your crush. You could make any man blush with the way you talk. Then you set your sites on poor Colin. How long did you date him?"

"All through seventh year. I was so angry that he wouldn't let us go further than French kissing. Then on our second year together he told me he was gay. I couldn't believe it. Do you remember that?"

"You're lucky Lana was out of town that night you came over bawling your eyes out."

"Well, he's my best friend now, who will be coming home soon with tons of yummy stories of all the hot guys in Switzerland. Speaking of Lana-banana, where is she?"

Ron rolled his eyes. "Still getting ready. She's refusing to let me see her."

Ginny bit her lip, holding back a grin. "When are you two going to get married?"

And the look came more quickly than she'd expected. Ginny shrieked with laughter as her brother's face paled, as his eyes watered, and his brow began to sweat.

"Ron, don't have a cow, I'm only kidding."

"Just please don't say that around Lana."

"Right."

Ron plopped down into Fred's chair and sat next to Ginny. "So, did Hermione say she was going to stay?"

"I got the impression that she was going to stay, but I'm not sure," Ginny said nibbling her lip as she watched her brother sit down beside her. "What are you doing? You don't get to sit down here. That's Fred's seat."

"I'm sitting down anyway."

"But you're the best man, shouldn't you be helping Harry?"

Ron pursed his lips and looked towards Ginny. "I'd more bloody likely give him a broken toe than be helping him. Besides, I tried helping and accidentally ripped his shirt."

"RON!" Ginny yelled in a scolding manner.

Ron grimaced. "It was only a little bit. He fixed it after he told me to get out."

Ginny shook her head and laughed. "You're hopeless."

"That makes two of us. You're more clumsy than I am."

Ginny sighed, a sad face instantly plastering on her. "Can't argue with you there."

"Oh look, people are arriving. Whoa-who is that?"

Ginny gasped. "Oh my gosh-I-I think it's Pansy Parkinson."

"I'll be damned," Ron muttered appreciatively.

Pansy was wearing a black suit, her now blond hair long and hanging over her shoulders as she walked through the gates towards her row number and sat in the seat that had her name on the back of it. Ginny still didn't understand why Harry had invited her. He said that Pansy had changed, that she wasn't how she used to be. Ginny had yet to see it.

"I wonder how much money she spent on plastic surgery," Ginny snorted in disgust.

"Ginevra Weasley I don't want to hear such talk from your mouth," Fred came up behind her imitating Molly's shrieking scolding voice.

"Fred!" Ginny squealed and grabbed him in a hug. "Where's George?"

"Helping Mum with something. Percy is still reading in his room and Bill and Charlie are picking at the food."

"WHAT?" Ginny screamed. "Oh, I'm going to plaster-" she started to say as she began walking towards the kitchen.

Fred chuckled and wrapped an arm around her waist stopping her. "I'm just kidding."

"That wasn't funny. Ron, tell him that wasn't funny."

Ron and Fred made eye contact over Ginny's head and grinned, both knowing full well that Bill and Charlie were indeed nibbling on the food.

"Look! Katie, Angelina, Alicia, and Dean are here. Whoo, I can't wait to catch up! They look so good! Oh," Ginny squealed happily jumping up and down, gripping tightly on Fred's sleeve, "and there's Neville."

Fred smacked her hand away. "Calm down. We should have a Quidditch match after this. See who still has it and who doesn't?" He suggested.

"No," Ron and Ginny said together.

"And besides it's only been eight years since they left Hogwarts and you can't lose such an amazing talent that fast."

"It's too bad Lavender couldn't come. Fred, I'll never understand why you let her get away!" Ginny scolded.

A dark look crossed over Fred's face. "Well maybe I let her go because she cheated on me-yeah, that was it."

Ginny bowed her head in shame, but not before Fred saw the hurt look cross her face. "I'm sorry, I forgot."

Fred instantly softened and chucked her under the chin. "No worry about it."

"I don't believe it!" Ron gasped.

Ginny lifted her head up her suddenly saddened mood vanishing. "Professor Dumbledore," she whispered in a pleasant surprise.

"Hooch, McGonagall, Sprout, and Hagrid. Aside from Hagrid I feel that there is an overly huge amount of teachers here and I'm a bit uncomfortable," Fred commented as he watched the rest of the Weasley family come out toward their seats.

"Charlie, Bill," Ginny hollered.

They looked up and grinned at their little sister and watched as she galloped towards them.

"Hey Ginley!" Charlie grinned.

Ginny thumped him in the chest.

Charlie rubbed the sore spot and gave her a questioning look. "What was that for?"

"You were eating my food!" Ginny growled.

Bill glared over at Fred and Ron accusingly who both shrugged and smiled. They knew she wouldn't have believed them.

"Well Gin doll it's kind of what it's for," Charlie supplied.

"No!"

Charlie lifted an eyebrow and jerked his head back in surprise. "No?"

Ginny nodded. "Right, no. It's not for eating yet!"

"Ginny?" Hermione's voice came from behind Ginny who turned in response.

"Hermione! Hi."

"I'm-I'm going to leave okay," she whispered softly.

Ginny frowned. "Don't leave 'Mione."

Hermione shook her head and gave a half-hearted smile that didn't reach her eyes. "No, I really need to go. I think I really screwed things up this time. I'll see you later."

Hermione turned towards Ron and gave him a quick hug. "I'm sorry I didn't have more time to visit Ron."

"Why don't you stay?" Ron pleaded softly.

"No really, I have to go. Besides, I have deadlines to meet."

"Excuse me-may I have everyone's attention please?"

Everyone turned his or her gaze towards Harry's voice. He was standing alongside Cho, at the altar where the microphone and wedding vows were supposed to be shared.

A sinking filling filled Ginny's heart as she noticed both of their eyes red-rimmed.

"We are terribly sorry to say that we've-" he paused and cleared his throat, "we've decided to cancel the wedding."

Gasps filled the air. Hermione, who had just started to walk away, turned swiftly around, eyeing Harry with shock.

"I'm-I'm sorry. We-we are sorry. We just decided it wasn't meant to be, sorry. I-I can't really give a speech why at the moment either," Harry said whispering the last part in the microphone, it squealing as he set it back on the stand.

The guests, who had actually arrived on time, shook themselves out of their shocked gazes and began grumbling in anger as they got up from their seats to leave.

Ginny glanced around as all of them moved. She stood there slightly in shock for about three seconds before she freaked. She ran up to the microphone and pushed Harry slightly out of the way.

"I'm sure Harry and Cho, even under these upsetting circumstances would love for you to enjoy yourselves tonight. Umm, there'll be a variety of cabaret shows later on and um-" she paused and glanced at Harry.

He just stared at her with wet eyes.

"There'll be a Creole jazz band," Ginny said in a pathetically enthusiastic voice, "and-a-great, great food with candy bags and trinkets to take home as souvenirs. That was my idea and Harry was so kind to let me do it. There's my fudge!" she said it as if that settled it, everyone had to stay, "And then there's the casino at the adjoining La Pirogue Hotel. The slot machines and American Roulette, how could anyone resist? Harry, you booked quite some time there didn't you? That was a lot of money you know. I'm sure he wants you to all enjoy yourselves." Ginny finalized her sudden speech.

Ron hopped up and grabbed her arm, pulling a bit a ways. "Ginny, what in the bloody hell are you doing? Harry probably just wants everyone to leave."

Not noticing that she still clutched the microphone Ginny spoke in a panic, expecting her big brother to help her out and understand. "I did not bust my arse slaying in a hot kitchen over orders that were constantly being changed so that they all could not eat! They need to get their bloody arses back into those chairs and eat my food," Ginny spoke hysterically, swapping her hand across her chest in an irritated manner.

Ron gave a small timid smile. "Gin, the microphone."

Ginny's back straightened and she sucked her lower lip into her mouth. She glanced down at the microphone and then out towards the crowd. "Oh I'm sorry!" she cried out and then rolled her eyes.

She suddenly threw the microphone out of her hands. It landed noisily on the ground. Ginny quickly turned to Harry and stared at him with fear.

"I know I'm being selfish," she spoke softly, hating herself as she felt tears forming in her eyes, "and I'm sorry. That was uncalled for."

Harry gave a sad smile. "Of course it's not uncalled for. You worked hard. You're right, I'd be insulted if they didn't stay and enjoy themselves.

"Right," Ginny smiled, "I mean cause everyone knew it wouldn't have worked out with you and Cho anyhow, so-oh boy…I'm going to shut up now," she glared at him.

Ron glared at Ginny's heartlessness, giving her a disapproving look and shaking his head at her.

"What an idiot," Ron growled through his teeth, glaring at his sister.

Cho waved him off. "No Ron, it's true. I knew it would happen eventually I just wanted to keep it while it lasted I suppose. It's not everyday you get to marry a hero you know."

Ginny smiled as she watched the guest take their seats at their tables, which was across from the wedding seating arrangements, as they prepared to eat her food. She smiled and started humming the song that had been caught in her head all day. "Chim, Chim-its Mary Poppins!" she screamed in triumph.

~*~

"Well that was fun," Draco laughed from behind the huge crowd.

Zane shook his head. "I can't believe she said that."

Blaise smirked. "What a little brat."

Lucius frowned and stroked his chin. "Yes, but this is ruining our plans. I suppose we can pick another time."

Draco glared over at the group on the stage.

"Zane, are you upset at all?" Lucius asked.

"No, however I do believe something new is in mind after the events of today," Zane said grinning evilly up at the redhead.

To Be Continued…