Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Potion No 2 by Mudbloodcaz
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Potion No 2

Mudbloodcaz

Harry Potter and Co will never belong to me, they and the books belong to the amazing J.K.R, I just using them for a short while, I promise to have them back safe and sound.

And thanks to my beta reader Kath thanks for hanging in there

Author Note:

I'm so Sorry that this chapter was so long in coming, I've had a busy time in RL, new job and everthing, I promise I'll try and be faster with Chapter Five

Chapter Four

It took just over ten minutes to get to their next lesson, Divination.

Harry wasn't looking forward to this lesson with Professor Trelawney always predicating some nasty death for him. After saying goodbye to Hermione who was going to a different her own lesson, Harry and Ron made their way up the silver stairs that led to the divination classroom, they once again picked a spot that was a far as physically possible from Professor Trelawney.

"I wonder what she will "predict" about you this time." Ron said sarcastically, playing with the edge of the bright pink table cloth. Harry shrugged his shoulders, not really caring at all what Professor Trelawney might come up with.

"Maybe that I'll get eaten by the giant squid this time!" he mumbled just as the professor entered the room.

Good morning class, and welcome to your third year of divination, This year will be concentrating more on gazing into crystal balls again, now I know that some of you didn't have much luck last time.!" Trelawney said looking directly at Harry, her eyes large and dramatic, Harry sank lower into his seat, "but hopefully one of you will have some better luck."

Trelawney turned to Lavender who was sitting in the very front of the room.

"So can everyone please get yourselves in to pairs, and pick up a crystal ball. Oh Neville, it's okay, crystal balls aren't like mirror's you will not be cursed." The professor told. He looked terrified, but he walked over and collected a crystal ball, but no sooner had he gotten a hold of it, then he tripped on his long robes and the ball fell from his hands, smashing into little minuscule pieces, Neville murmured an apology to Professor Trelawney and went to get another ball.

Meanwhile Ron was gazing into their own crystal ball, with Harry.

"Pea Soup!?" he said to Harry just as Professor Trelawney came up to their table.

"Still can't see?, Let me try," she said, pushing Ron out of the way and gazed into the crystal ball, Harry braced himself for the worse, but to his and the surprise of the whole class, she turned and smiled at Harry.

"I see that there is going to be a budding romance between you, Harry, and a certain young girl, whom I won't name, I don't want to embarrass the two of you, A word of caution the path to you're true love will not run smoothly, the both of you will face hurdlers before you reach happiness You, Harry, will be betrayed by a close friend," Trelawney said, her eyes moving over to Ron for a few seconds, and then back to Harry. "You ask this girl to the Yule Ball." Harry could feel his face going red as he sank as low into his seat as he could, because, the rest of the class was now staring at them, Trelawney pattered him on the shoulder and moved over to Neville, who fell backwards off his chair as she smiled at him.

Not for the first time, Harry couldn't wait for Divination to end, He was trying to ignore the whisper's that were making their way across the stuffy classroom, but it was extremely difficult.

As soon as the bell rang, Harry was out of his seat and pulling open the trap door.

"Harry wait up!" Ron called, running to catch up with him, Harry didn't finally stop until he was halfway down the stairs.

"Thanks for waiting!" Ron said sarcaststicly.

"Sorry, Ron but I had to get out of there! It was nearly as worse as the time when she saw the Grim!"

Ron shrugged his shoulders', "At least it's better than her saying that you'll die." Lavender suddenly pushed her way between Ron and Harry.

"SO, Harry, who do you think this lucky girl is then?" Lavender said with a smirk.

Harry shook his head

"I'm not really in the mood Lavender, I've got to get to the library,"

Lavender's eyes widened,

"It's Hermione!, She's the one." Harry sighed and pushed past Lavender, and started to make his way towards the library as quickly as possible. He could still hear Lavender telling Ron that Harry and Hermione would make the perfect couple, but what Harry didn't notice was the nasty looks that Ron was throwing in his direction.

Harry entered the library, he found Hermione sitting at one of the table. He was shocked to find that she was asleep, her resting on her folded arms. Suppressing a smile Harry gently tucked a strand of her brown hair behind her ear and whispered 'Hermione' in her ear, his fingertips grazed her cheek.

"Hermione!"

She blinked awake, and slowly she realized where she was and who was standing in front of her.

"You okay Hermione?" Harry asked her as she hid a yawn behind her hand.

"Yes, I guess I just dozed off. I stayed up most of last night studying for the O.W.L.S." Harry tried to stop his eyes from rolling, but Hermione noticed.

"Harry I'm just trying to get a head start on revision, I want to do my best on these exams. Harry smiled at her.

"I've got a feeling that you'll do brilliant Hermione, now if it's no problem I'd like to escort you to lunch," Harry said holding out a hand to help her up from the seat. Smiling Hermione took the offered hand and allowed Harry to pull her to her feet. He waited patiently while she packed away her books into her bag, and then together they walked to the great hall.

"So, Harry how bad was Divination?" Hermione asked they took their seats beside Ron who was stuffing his face with a Cornish pasty, Ron broke into a grin and before Harry could stop him, Ron blurted out.

"Trelawney said that Harry's going to find love this year." Hermione nearly choked on her pumpkin juice she was drinking, Harry glared at Ron.

"Why don't you just tell the whole school Ron!", Hermione smiled and laid a warm hand on Harry's arm.

"At least it better than she saying that you're going to die some horrible death."

After lunch the Fifth year Gryffindor's had a study period in the library, Harry was sitting next to Hermione and Ron with a large pile of homework in front of him, but Harry was finding it hard to concentrate. He kept thinking about Professor's Trelawney's prediction and he couldn't help but wondered about who this young girl was. He looked across the room and saw that Cho Chang was sitting with a group of Ravenclaws. Harry stood, Hermione looked at him.

"Where you going?" She whispered.

"To talk to someone for a moment."

Hermione watched as Harry made his way over to where a group of 6th year Ravenclaws were sitting, she watched as Harry tapped a pretty girl with straight black hair on the shoulder, The girl looked at Harry and smiled.

"Hello Cho" Harry said, Cho looked at him

"Oh hello Harry is there something I can help you with?" She asked him.

"Is this seat taken?" Harry asked, across the room Hermione was still watching them with interest,

"Ron is that the Ravenclaw seeker?" She asked Ron, Ron looked across the Room and nodded

"Yeah, her name is Cho Chang, Harry fancied her in the fourth year!" Hermione felt her stomach fill with lead,

"What about now?" does he still like her?" Ron shrugged his shoulders.

"He hasn't said anything as yet about her."

"I guess I'll see you around Cho" Harry said leaving the table and heading back towards Ron and Hermione, he found that when he talked to Cho the funny feeling that had been there last year was gone, He didn't see Cho in the light like he used to. He sat back down opposite Hermione, who for some strange reason was strange reason was staring right at him.

"What!?" he asked.

Hermione shook her head and went back to the book in front of her. Harry looked again around the room thinking to himself.

"So who is this mystery girl then?" he asked himself, and then rolled his eyes

"Know my luck it will be Moaning Myrtle"