Unofficial Portkey Archive

Strangers in the Night by Nox
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Strangers in the Night

Nox

Post-Script:

I would be remiss (and, in fact, I have been!) by not mentioning my beta readers and thanking them for their time, corrections and suggestions. Thanks go out to Mina and GeoTube from here at PortKey, and to LadySmith and GilderoyW from RestrictedSection.org.

To address a few of the queries in feedback:

This fic was initially intended to be a one-shot, but as I progressed, it seemed to make more sense to break it into its constituent chapters.

There are no real plans to write prequels or sequels to this - it came as a plot bunny that got chased down. What you see here is what was running around in my head at the time.

I suppose there's an arguable case of various levels of OOCness in Hermione's character; charges I won't deny. I took a leap of faith that readers could believe that such a Hermione was a possibility post-Hogwarts. I will admit that a longer backstory, or leadup, might've helped pave the way, but then I'd drifting into a piece that might conflict with PortKey's submission guidelines.

To everyone who's responded, my sincere thanks, and I'm glad many of you enjoyed it. It was fun to get it written down!

--Nox
semper ubi sub ubi