Unofficial Portkey Archive

Surprise, Surprise by Gaya Hriive
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Surprise, Surprise

Gaya Hriive

Author Note: Well this is it folks. The end. Finite. I thank you all so very much for reading this…it means a lot. I hoe that you will find this a suitable ending and for those of you who wanted to know whether it was a boy or girl, your question is answered. Thanks again, and perhaps I will add more later, but for now this is it.

**

Right after they arrived at St. Mungo's, Harry called Ron and Annie who rushed to the hospital to be with them. Harry was suited up to go into the delivery room with a hysteric Hermione. By the time they got her on the table, she was having extreme contractions and was hurling the worst insults she was capable of in Harry's direction. He stood by her bedside, trying to help with the breathing, but she would not have it.

"HOW DARE YOU!!! HOW CAN YOU EVEN LOOK AT ME? THIS IS YOUR FAULT HARRY, YOU BASTARD!" she shrieked between contractions. Harry kept a close distance because he knew that she would eventually need him, want him, beside her. "YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH ME AGAIN! I WILL NEVER EVER SLEEP WITH YOU EVER AGAIN HARRY POTTER!! AHHHHHHHHHH" She cried in pain and frustration. Hermione was sweating from head to toe, knees parted with her feet in the stirrups, swearing at the top of her lungs.

"OH MY GOD! HARRY I HATE YOU SO MUCH! YOU ARE A HATEFUL BASTARD FOR DOING THIS TO ME! DAMN YOU HARRY! DAMN YOU AND YOUR MANHOOD!" With this last insult came the worst contraction and the doctor looked at Harry mouthing `It's time.' Harry went to Hermione's side and took her hand. She looked at him through her pain and tears.

"Harry, I'm sorry, I love you. Please don't leave me. I need you...AHHHHHHHHH" Hermione gave a great push and screamed again in agony. The doctor was in front of her now, repeating push, push.

"Ok Hermione, we are almost there. Just one more. Push as hard as you can." The doctor looked at Harry with a slight look of concern. Harry turned to Hermione and whispered in her ear.

"I love you Hermione, more than my own life more than this world. Push a little harder if you can, help our baby come meet us." Hermione squeezed his hand with a strength he didn't know she was capable of, and with one last agonizing push accompanied by the loudest scream he'd ever heard, the two of them heard over everything else the voice of their child.

Ron and Annie had been waiting in the waiting area for Harry. When he finally came out, he looked tired and it was quite obvious that he had been crying. Ron stood and hugged Harry, followed by a great hug from Annie. Ron looked at Harry with a tear in his eye.

"Congratulations mate. Is it a boy or girl? No, wait. Don't tell me yet. I want it to be a surprise." Ron grinned from ear to ear as Annie cried silently beside him, so happy for the Golden Pair. Harry slapped Ron on the back and hugged Annie once more then headed back into the room where Hermione was.

She was propped up on a hoard of pillows holding their baby. Harry stopped at the doorway and watched the two of them; they looked like angels sent from Heaven. He sniffed and Hermione looked up, smiling so hard it seemed like her face should hurt terribly. Harry approached the bed and she scooted over to allow him a seat. He looked into the eyes of his wife and child. They were so beautiful. He spoke softly.

"What name have we decided on?"

Hermione thought silently for a moment then answered.

"I think we should name her Lana Blythe. What do you think?"

"I believe that is the perfect name for Harry and Hermione Potter's first born daughter." They kissed softly and Harry looked into the eyes of his daughter. They were bright green like his and on top of her head was a small puff of brown hair. He could tell already that she would have Hermione's nose and lips but would have his ears. She was beautiful. They were the sight of perfection, the three of them sitting together, Mother, Father and Baby Potter. Harry made a silent resolution to his daughter, one only he and she would know.

Lana, I swear by my life that I will never let anything happen to you and I will never leave you. Ever.

Harry stared into his daughter's eyes and could have sworn that he saw her smile.


-->