Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Power He Knows Not by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Power He Knows Not

Hermione Potter

Disclaimer: Have I ever owned something? And if I do own Harry Potter, Ginny would so not exist.

A/N: A crack at writing my version for the 7th Harry Potter book. Though I'm writing this out of my spite for Harry and Ginny. So please enjoy and I hope you like it.

Harry Potter and the Power He Knows Not

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 1: Alone Isn't A Good Thing

Harry lay on his bed, the blinds of his window closed, letting only a but of light seeping through. On the floor that lay scattered candy wrappers and lint were several articles from the Daily Prophet. Harry wasn't in the mood to do anything but try and sleep. The articles made him feel worse of what happened in his sixth year. Albus Dumbledore. Was dead.

Albus Dumbledore: Passed

Recently during a battle between Harry Potter and Death Eaters resolved in school Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore to be murdered by none other than one of his colleagues and fellow professors, Severus Snape. For the past six year at Hogwarts since Harry Potter has been amitted to, Severus was a Death Eater. Albus Dumbledore, being the trusting man he is, decided to see the good in him and give him the benefit of the doubt. But that alliance has caused Albus Dumbledore his downfall. Now that he has passed on, the Assistant Headmistress, Minerva McGonagall will be taking over as Head of the Hogwarts School.

Harry buried his face in a pillow, listening to Hedwig hoot. Uncle Vernon kept pounding at the door to tell him to keep Hedwig quiet. But he didn't care at the moment. Someone else in his had just died. And he was his mentor. To make matters worse, Harry had been missing Ginny as well since they had broken up. He couldn't be with her. Voldemort would find some way to get to him through her and he could never live if someone happened to her.

He had been invited to the stay at the Burrow in a few days. But he really didn't fancy seeing anyone yet. Hermione had been owling him every day. He never replied. He couldn't find himself to say anything. She had gotten so desperate as to send him a flock of owls delivering numerous amounts of mail.

Harry sighed and flipped around on his back, staring at Hedwig. "I guess I'm not the only one that's not happy, eh Hedwig?" Harry tried smiling, but failed horribly. He had so many people die because of him. His parents, Sirius, and now his Headmaster.

Suddenly, a tapping came at the window. He turned and pulled up the blinds to find himself face to a familiar blue flying car.

"Hey Harry. Long time, no see?" Ron grinned from the passenger's seat. Fred was at the driver's seat and George's head poked from the back, signaling him to be quiet.

"Hurry up and grab your stuff. We'd figure, hey we've done it before, why not again?" Fred grinned. George opened the back door and Harry hurriedly handed Hedwig's cage to him and then tried to push his Hogwarts trunk into the car. But it was strange, the Dursleys had not barged in. At the moment he didn't care and climbed out before slamming the door.

As the car sped away, Ron turned around to look at Harry. "Well...that went smoother than I had thought it would," he grinned. Harry smiled back and nodded. Ron and George glanced at each other.

Harry sighed inwardly as they rode quickly, Fred making the car invisible to avoid the yells from Mrs. Weasley. Right now he wasn't thinking of Dumbledore. His mind was on Ginny Weasley. He didn't understand why he had to be the Chosen One. It was because of that, he had to end things with her. And now that he was going to be in the same place as her, it would make it harder not to think of her.

"Hermione's already at the Burrow. She came yesterday, so maybe she can help with cheering you up," Ron said with a nervous smile. Harry just nodded in agreement, gazing out the car window.

A few moments later, they had arrived at the front of the Burrow, Fred stopping the car. Harry got out and pulled his trunk out while Ron had held Hedwig's cage for him. It was warm outside and he could see gnomes running around in the garden.

"Mum's still trying to de-gnome the yard. So you're going to see a lot of them....For some reason, they're flocking all over the place," George commented, walking inside, and grabbing a biscuit that was on a plate by the stove.

"Fred? George? Do not tell me you guys went out again in the car! Mum is going to be so fur-," Ginny had skipped down the stairs and stopped when she had her eyes set on Harry. An awkward silence filled the air. Ron looked back and forth between the two.

"Well now! Let's just all go to my Mum and let her yell at us! Won't that be fun?" Ron laughed nervously. But evidently, no one was listening to him. Harry and Ginny just kept staring at each other.

"Hey.."she greeted quietly, grabbing her other arm nervously. Harry looked at her.

"Hello," he murmured. He felt that monster inside his stomach pounce, his heart beating erratically, watching her fidget. Her red hair had grown and her freckled face had been tanned. He bit his lip from saying something wrong.

"I hope we're still friends, right Harry?" she blurted, looking hopefully. Harrry stared at her, his heart sinking.

"Yeah. Of course. You're my best friend's sister. How could we not be friends?" Harry smiled uneasily, putting his trunk by the stairs. She nodded and stared at him.

"Hey do you know where Hermione is?" he asked, looking up. Ginny glanced at him, jealously glinting in her eyes. Harry didn't catch it though. He wanted to see how Hermione was doing. She was bound to be in a room reading up on research to find out who R.A.B. was. Just like she always has been.

"She's near the pond. She went down there like a half hour ago. Do you want me to come with?" Ginny asked, hoping he'd say yes.

"Nah. It'll be okay. I'll be fine on my own. Thanks anyways," Harry smiled at her and walked out. Ginny stood there, plopping herself in a chair. "Remember to go to Fred and George's shop come time to go to Diagon Alley. I'm going to need a few things," she whispered.

A/N: Did y'all like that? Please review. No one has reviewed my update for Worlds Apart, Hearts Close and I feel neglected. Please help my shattered heart from being pained by HBP.