Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Power He Knows Not by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Power He Knows Not

Hermione Potter

Disclaimer: Have I ever owned something? Maybe a cookie or two.

Harry Potter and the Power He Knows Not

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 4: Sharing Secrets

Hermione had stayed up all night reading the Horcrux book. Oddly enough, there was no author. How strange. So far, Hermione had come up with nothing to help Harry on his journey.

She yawned slightly and got up to go get a drink of water before going to bed. The darkness has drowned her sight and she stumbled over something. She scrambled on the floor and stood still, trying not to wake Ginny.

When the youngest Weasley made no move, Hermione took a breath and turned on the lamp. She crouched down and picked up a bottle that was filled with some kind of potion. She read the label.

Weasley's Love Potion

Guaranteed to make the one you love fall for you.

Works for 24 hours at a time.

WARNING: May cause stalking.

Hermione's eyes widened as she pulled out the box she had stumbled on the find a full case of the heart shaped bottles. Had Ginny been using these on Harry all this time? She quietly put them away and crept back into bed. She didn't feel thirsty anymore. Was Ginny that desperate to be with Harry?

She had remembered a conversation she had had before the beginning of sixth year.

"Hermione...I think I still love Harry," Ginny confessed, looking down at her feet. Hermione and Ginny were in her room talking about different things.

"I thought you were trying to get over him," Hermione replied, confused. Ginny sighed and collapsed on the bed.

"I can't stop thinking about him Hermione! He's all I dream about! All I care about. I've tried to move on, but it won't work. I'll do anything to be with him," she explained, covering her face with her hands.

"You're only fifteen, Ginny. How can you say you love him?"

"I just do! You'd be the same if you were me. I really do love him Hermione. I'd do anything in the entire world to be with him and for him to love me," she sighed. Hermione gaped slightly at the younger girl.

"Do...you...like him Hermione?" she asked fearfully.

"Like him? Of course not! I mean I love him as a best friend but not as a boyfriend Ginny! Honestly, what made you think that?" she laughed. Ginny eyed her suspiciously.

"Okay then. Maybe he'll like me this year," Ginny smiled and walked downstairs to eat lunch. Hermione remained in that spot, thinking.

'Or did Hermione like him?' Hermione shook her head and followed Ginny downstairs, forgetting about her thoughts.

"Is it so crazy now?" Hermione asked herself as she turned over in bed. She knew that Harry was just a room away from her. But they were just best friends...

Weren't they?

The next morning, Hermione woke up to the shower running and the smell of syrup and pancakes. She wasn't in much of a hurry to get up, but she got dressed in clothes and quickly did her morning routine.

Her mind still wandered to last night when she had tripped over the box of love potions Ginny had bought from Fred and George's joke shop. But Fred and George would have told Mrs. Weasley if Ginny had bought that much. Or maybe she didn't buy them at all.

It was only 9:50 in the morning when Hermione had glanced at the clock. She wasn't very hungry so she just went back into Ginny's room to get packed and off to Hogwarts they go.

Harry took a gulp of his orange juice and wiped his mouth on the back of his hand. Ron had woken him up when it was eight o'clock. He fancied a last game of Quidditch before they went back to Hogwarts.

Hogwarts. His once be home. Now it didn't seem like home anymore. He'd be going back to a place that would feel bare and lonely. But he still had Hermione and Ron. And they were pretty much what he needed.

His mind was concentrated on other things. Like Ginny and Hermione. He had never had any feelings for Ginny until last year. They had hit him full blast when he had seen her snogging with Dean. He never felt that way when he saw her with Michael Corner. Maybe if he and Ginny knew each other more, he'd understand why he'd fancied her.

Hermione. She was acting dodgy lately. As well as when they were in Hogwarts last year. She seemed out of place. She had forgotten all about S.P.E.W. The one thing she'd been determined to do since fourth year. But why would she suddenly drop it and not care?

His thoughts were interrupted when a knock came at the door.

"Come in."It was Ginny.

"Hello Harry." she smiled, sitting down next to his bed. He had an odd feeling in the pit of his stomach again.

"Hey Ginny. What brings you by?" he asked. She bit her lip as if she wanted to stall or didn't know what to say. He kept staring at her and watched her expression.

"Are you all right Harry? You seemed sick at breakfast. I was wondering if you were catching something," she said softly, feeling his forehead. Harry felt his face heat up from the touch of her hand on his face. He grabbed her hand.

"I'm fine Ginny. I just feel queasy," he lied, not noticing their hands were still interlocked. She smiled inwardly.

"Harry, I really want to ask you again, if You-Know-Who was around, would you have broken it off with me?" Ginny asked. He stared at her and knew that she wasn't going to stop until she knew. It reminded him of Hermione.

"Honestly, Ginny? No. I don't think I would have broken it off with you. I only did it because I didn't want Voldemort to use you against me. I care a lot about you and the Weasleys," he answered sadly.

"Oh Harry..so there is still hope. Do you think...we could just try one more time? I mean...as a couple? I just have a feeling that we're supposed to be together. Just give it another try, please Harry?" she pleaded, staring at him. Her brown eyes...So familiar, yet he couldn't put his tongue on it.

"Okay. But if I feel we can't be together, then we have to break it off, okay?" he asked. She smiled happily and nodded.

Harry smiled, leaned in and kissed her softly. Ginny smiled back, thinking her plan had been a success yet again. The potion had worked.

"Oh that's disgusting. I thought you two were broken up already," Ron gagged as he entered the room. Harry and Ginny broke apart. She stood up and left, a smile adorning her face.

"Well I guess we aren't. Your sister is more wonderful than you think," Harry chuckled, leaning back and closing his eyes. Only thoughts of Ginny floated through his head to help past the time.

"Oh hurry dears! We're going to be late! It's almost eleven o'clock! Hurry Ron, just run straight at the wall," Mrs. Weasley rushed him, Mr. Weasley behind her.

"I know, Mum. I've done this before," Ron sighed before running straight and passing through the barrier. His parents followed behind and made sure every one got on the train.

"Have a good time! Remember! Study Ronald! This is your last year! And do try not to get into too much trouble!" Mrs. Weasley waved as the train sped off.

Ron took a breath before following Harry and Hermione into a compartment. "Ay, don't you two have to be at a meeting?" Ron asked. Harry and Hermione looked at each other and looked back at him.

"Well Ron, you and Ginny are still Prefects so we'll have a meeting in this compartment," Hermione reasoned, walking in and pushing her trunk into the overhead cabinet. Ron nodded and sat down next to Hermione as Harry sat on the other side.

Shortly, Ginny walked in and pushed her trunk in the overhead and sat next to Harry. She took out four bottles of Butterbeer. "I thought you could all use some. George and Fred managed to get some," she said, giving one to each of them.

Hermione watched as Harry drank some down and noticed it turning pink for a second and then back again. Was it just her imagination?

"Thanks Ginny. It's been a while since we had some...," Harry grinned, putting his arm around his girlfriend. Ginny giggled and leaned into him.

Next to Hermione, Ron gagged at the disgust of his sister and best friend cuddling.

"You two are just down right gross. Can't you do that somewhere else?" Ron asked, exasperated. Hermione silently agreed.

"Oh shut up Ron. No one was complaining when you were lip locked with Lavender. Right Won-Won?" Ginny argued. Ron blushed madly and quieted down immediately.

"It's awful how they're not going to have many students as they used to," Hermione said, reading her book. Everyone looked at her.

"Why's that?" Harry asked, confused.

"I highly doubt their parents will want them to come back. Especially since you know what happened. I didn't even see Neville or Luna yet. And when we get on the train, we usually do," Hermione explained casually.

"Do you reckon Slughorn's still there?" Ron asked. Ginny sighed.

"He probably is. And if he is, he's the first one to survive more than a year since we've come," Hermione answered.

As they walked into the Great Hall, they found out that Hermione was right. There were only ten students from each house. Professor McGonagall was seated at the Professors table with only Professor Slughorn and Hagrid.

"Due to the complaints of parents and lack of students, we will be sending the rest of the students home. Sadly, Hogwarts will be closed. Until the War is over, there will be no Hogwarts," she said sadly.

Instantly, the students were chattering quickly.

"Why would they have us come here if we were just going to go back?" Ginny asked.

"We have contacted your parents and they will be picking you up at the station. So please exit and will safely guide you back," Slughorn said happily, walking down and taking them with her.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron stayed.

"Harry? Why aren't you moving? This means you can come back to the Burrow!" Ginny realized happily. He turned to her. "Ginny, I'm staying. Please understand. I have to do this and I don't want you hurt. So go back to the Burrow where you're safe," he replied, kissing her softly.

"But Harry! You could die. I don't know what I'd do without you? And what about Ron and Hermione? Are they staying with you?" Ginny asked, glancing at the two.

"Yes. I can't force them and they're my best friends," Harry explained, hugging her.

"Oh Harry...I'll miss you so much...," she whispered, kissing him with all the love in her. Hermione watched sadly, knowing it was only a potion that played with his feelings. A light came on in her head. She had taken a bottle from Ginny's stash and hid it, hopefully, Ginny would tell him the truth before she did.

Ginny turned to leave them behind and Harry stared after her. He'd miss her terribly but it was for the best. He turned to his best friends and nodded.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Ron asked, starting to walk up to Professor McGonagall. Harry and Hermione followed quietly.

She looked up. "Yes? Why aren't you three with the rest of the students?" she asked.

"We've decided to stay and help. And we know we can help Professor," Harry replied.

"No. I will not allow three students to put themselves in danger," she said sternly.

"We've put ourselves in danger for the past six years. Professor, you know that this would have come eventually since Voldemort killed Harry's parents. We can't wait any longer. Professor Dumbledore would have known that we wanted to stay. We won't let his death be in vain. And you don't want it either. We'll show you that we can do this Professor, if you let us try," Hermione said determined. Professor McGonagall smiled slightly at this.

"You three have grown up and you may stay. I'm sure that the Order of the Phoenix would gladly help as well. But you cannot stay in the Gryffindor tower. We must move to another place. So please get some rest. I'm sure you three are quite exhausted. Please follow me," Professor McGonagall smiled, getting up and leading them out of the hall.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione stared at each other before following quietly.

They found themselves in front of the statue to Dumbledore's office.

"Treacle Tart," the Professor said. The statue came to life and slide open. They followed her into inside and she opened a wall that lead into a hall. She opened a door to reveal a huge room that resembled the Gryffindor Common Room. A roaring fire, red velvet furniture all over with Gryffindot banners on the walls. There were three doors that Hermione had figured were their rooms.

"The only people who know about this place is myself, Professor Dumbledore, and now you three. We've kept this hidden in case anything would happen. So please, make yourselves at home and pick your rooms. The password to open the wall is phoenix tears. Goodnight," Professor McGonagall explained, and with that, left to her own quarters.

"Erm, well, I think it's best if we can....comfy with our new rooms," Ron said awkwardly walking into the room on the far left.

Harry and Hermione did the same, Harry on the far right and Hermione in the middle.

As he walked in, it almost looked like the Gryffindor dormitories, but with only one bed. The walls were adorned with red and a Gryffindor seal was on the wall. There was a window, but he imagined Professor Dumbledore had placed a charm among them so no one could see them on the outside. His school trunk was at the end of his bed and a desk lay at the far corner.

He sighed and changed into pajamas, not bothering to shower. He missed Ginny too much and walked out into the Common Room, plopping on the sofa. A few moments later Hermione walked out in her pajamas as well. Ron on the other hand, ran from a staircase that was next the fireplace.

"Bloody hell, the upstairs is packed with food! It's like a magic place! I think I'm in heaven," Ron said eating a corn beef sandwich and sitting next to Harry.

Harry could hear Hermione making disgusted noises. "Honestly Ron, can you think of nothing but food at this time?" she asked.

"No. We didn't get the feast that we always get!" he complained. Hermione shushed him and looked at Harry.

"You don't look so good, what's wrong Harry?" she asked softly.

"I don't know. The fact that this isn't home anymore. That Ginny isn't here. The basic fact that Dumbledore is dead," Harry admitted wearily. Hermione and Ron started to look depressed as well. But Hermione was still confused.

"The thing is, why would Professor Dumbledore trust Snape. I know he sees the good in everyone, but did Snape really seem that trusting. He never stopped being a Death Eater. I don't think could be that deceiving," Hermione explained thoughtfully.

"Don't say that name. I've hated it since first year," Ron said, finishing off his sandwich. Harry sat there, looking into the flames.

"I'm going to bed," Hermione announced, getting up and heading to her room. She closed the door and opened her trunk to pull out a bottle. She hoped Harry would see through Ginny soon.

A/N: Wasn't that a pretty chapter! I'm really sorry I haven't been updating! I've been really busy making music videos for H/Hr...Currently making one for Draco/Harry under the song of Shut Up by Simple Plan...Now I'm babbling! Okay, so please review!!