Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Power He Knows Not by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Power He Knows Not

Hermione Potter

Disclaimer: Have I ever owned something? Maybe a cookie or two.

Dedication: To our beloved ship of Harry and Hermione. We hope you rest in peace. And we will not hold our heads low to the pain that JKR and R/Hr shippers have done to us. We will miss you and will support you forever. You will not be dead to us ever.

A/N: In case you don't know what's happened, JKR has officially said that Harry and Hermione were never meant to be. *tear* I am devastated by this pain and horror but will NOT turn away from my H/Hr!

Harry Potter and the Power He Knows Not

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 3: Weasley Wedding

"Zee vedding iz in two 'ours! O no!" Fleur shrieked, running around the Burrow. It was 10 o'clock in the morning. Harry's eyes blinked open as he heard Ron's snoring from the other side of the room. He looked out the door way just in time to see a flash of blonde hair.

"Women..." Harry muttered, getting off the bed and pulling pants and a shirt on. He yawned and made his way down the hall and noticed the bathroom door was closed. He knocked and heard Hermione's voice.

"Who is it?" she called.

"Harry."

"Come in." Hermione replied. He turned the knob and walked in, seeing Hermione at the sink, brushing her teeth. Her hair was a bit wet and she didn't turn to look at him. He walked over and took his toothbrush and squirted toothpaste on it before brushing himself.

As Hermione rinsed, she splashed water on her face. Harry watched as she took a cloth out of a blue box and moistened it before rubbing it over her face. A few moments later, she splashed her face again and felt water splash her ear.

"Harry!" she shrieked, turning to him. He tried to keep from laughing, but he couldn't contain it.

"You actually use that stuff?" Harry laughed. Hermione stared at him.

"And just what is wrong with the stuff I use?" she asked defiantly. Harry smiled.

"Nothing, just saying." he grinned. Hermione stared at him for a moment before walking out without a word. He blinked just walked out after her.

The two walked down into the kitchen and started eat breakfast. Ginny was standing in front of the table. "I made breakfast this morning!" she smiled, sitting down.

Harry's eyes followed Ginny as he took a drink of his orange juice. He shuddered. Chills went down his spine as he felt the monster inside him pounce again. He stared at Ginny longingly before continuing with break fast. Hermione's eyes darted at Harry every few moments. Since when did she care about how Harry felt about Ginny?

After break fast Harry, Hermione, and Ginny decided to get ready for the wedding. Ron had just gotten out of bed and was on his way to the bathroom. Hermione and Ginny closed the door as Harry stared at the door. He sighed and walked inside Ron's room and closed his own door.

Plopping on the bed, he groaned. "What's wrong with me? Am I over Ginny or not?" he asked himself. He sat up and pulled out his dress robes to wear to the wedding. They were dark blue that was encrusted with a HP on a breast pocket.

He walked to the front of the mirror and stared his hair. "Why can't you be neat?" he asked, talking to no one in particular. He tried his hardest to get it straight but failed terribly. He shrugged and just left it as it was.

As he made his way out, he heard giggling coming from Ginny's room. It was no surprise that Ginny could be, but Hermione had been acting different the last few months. He knocked on the door. "Are either of you ready yet?" he asked, hoping Ginny would be.

"Yes Harry. Ginny's being to fussy over her nails...But I'm fine with mine. Ginny come on! You look fine!"Hermione said from the inside. Harry heard dragging and then the door opened. He turned and saw Ginny walk out. She looked stunning. Her pale gold dress had brought out her brown eyes. Her hair was crimped and framed her face.

"You look amazing Gin," Harry grinned. Ginny's face lit up so happily. Hermione, look disgusted and pretended to making a gagging face. Harry turned to look at her.

"Woah." was all he could say. She wore a simple but elegant lavender colored dress that was made from satin. Her hair had been pinned up with tendrils cascading down her face. Harry could not find any word to describe her. 'Angelic' came to his mind.

"You look great Hermione!" he exclaimed, kissing her cheek. Her eyes widened a bit and she felt a blush creeping up her face. Ginny's hands were clenching, watching this. Why hadn't it worked?

"There's fifteen minutes left. Come on Hermione, we should go outside. See you soon, Gin," Harry smiled at her and walked with Hermione downstairs. Ginny huffed quietly and kicked the wall softly. Ginny had missed Harry so much after they had broken up. She wanted to be with him again.

Harry followed Hermione outside and found many people seated already and chatting. Mrs. and Mr. Weasley were seated in the front and Harry could hear her sniffles starting. The two sat down in the third row. She turned to him.

"You look very nice," she smiled.

"Thanks."

"Honestly, I wonder if I'll get emotion and start crying myself...I've been to only one wedding and that was when I was seven," she asked herself, contemplating. Harry chuckled. "You might."

"Hopefully Ron doesn't have to wear lacy robes today. Gosh I wish I took a picture of that," Harry grinned, leaning back.

"Ah well....hopefully he won't. Ginny must be embarrassed, walking down the aisle with her brother. Being a best man isn't all it's cracked up to be," Hermione replied.

"And how would you know that?" he asked. She shrugged and made him shush when the music started.

Bill was already waiting at the alter as Fleur's cousin, Emilia came down the aisle, throwing flowers followed by Ginny and Ron walking down. Harry watched and silently wished he could be Ron.

Following Ginny and Ron was Gabrielle walked down by herself and got on the other side of Ginny. Bill waited nervously as he saw Fleur starting to walk. She was wearing a white wedding dress that had sequins sewn into every part of it. She didn't bother to use a veil and used a crown of white roses. In her hands lay a bouquet of them.

Mrs. Weasley started crying as Mr. Weasley wrapped his arm around her and soothed her. Hermione watched, smiling softly. 'So romantic...' she thought.

As Fleur stopped at the alter, Bill took her hand and kissed it. They turned to the minister.

"We are gathered here today to bound the two families of Delacour and Weasley together. To celebrate the matrimony of this couple. This is a day that should be cherished by all because we are uniting two souls together for eternity. And with that said:

"Do you Bill Weasley, take Fleur Delacour to be your lawful wedded wife to cherish and to love, to have and to hold, to take care of in sickness or in health, to honor her, to love her, in joy or sorrow, for as long as you two may live?"

"I do."

"Do you Fleur Delacour, take Bill Weasley to be your lawful wedded husband to cherish and to love, to have and to hold, to take care of in sickness or in health, to honor her, to love her, in joy or sorrow, for as long as you two may live?"

"I do."

"Then by the power invested in me, I am pleased to announce Mr. and Mrs. Weasley! You may now kiss the bride," the minister said. And the two sealed it with a kiss. Everyone cheered and clapped as they did. Catcalls could be heard from Fred and George, making Mrs. Weasley scold them.

As Bill and Fleur walked back down the aisle, people throw rice and blew bubbles. The rows started clearing as everything made way to the reception area. Harry, Hermione, and Ron said next each other, Hermione in the middle. Ron grinned and took his glass before standing up and tapping it.

"Here here! As best man to my bro, I have to make a speech. I'd just like to say that we all saw it coming! We're glad to make the Weasley family bigger and now we've being one big happy Weasley family!" Ron said and then sat back down. Everyone clapped for him and then started eating the food. Music was playing through the air as everyone heard Fleur laughing.

"O Mizter Weazley! Zat iz zo vunny!" Fleur commented, hearing something. As the music played, Fleur and Bill got up and had their first dance as husband and wife. Ginny sighed dreamily, imagining herself dancing with Harry.

Harry turned to Hermione and held out his hand. She silently accepted, standing up and walking onto the dance floor with him. Ginny's eyes widened as Harry and Hermione swirled around, him whispering something in her ear. Ginny bit her lip angrily.

Meanwhile, Ron was watching and he felt his ears turn red.

"I'm still thinking of the idea of not going back to Hogwarts, Hermione," Harry whispered to her as they danced.

"You said you'd come back for a while. And when you do leave, Ron and I are coming. There's no point in you going off by yourself," Hermione reasoned as he dipped her.

"Ugh. Okay, I stay until Christmas. It'll be easier since no one will be here," Harry decided. Suddenly, someone tapped him on the shoulder. He stopped and turned around to see Ginny.

"Can I have a dance Harry?" she asked.

"Sure...Hermione, will that be all right?" he asked her. She smiled and headed off to go sit down. Harry turned to her and started to dance with her. He looked down at her.

"So what were you and Hermione talking about?" Ginny asked casually.

"Oh, you know, just school and how tough it's going to be," Harry smiled earnestly at her. Ginny nodded and smiled.

"Do you think that...without You-Know-Who around that we'd still be together?" she asked hopefully.

"Ginny, we shouldn't talk about that now. I'm not ready yet," Harry replied, watching her expression become saddened.

"Okay." was all she said.

"Okay ladeez! It'z time to zrow zee bouquet!" Fleur yelled happily as she and Bill were about to leave on their honeymoon to Italy. All the single women had flocked over to Fleur as well as Ginny. Hermione sat down and didn't bother to catch it. It wasn't worth it.

"Okay! Von! Two! Zree!" Fleur counted as she threw it into the air. All the women tried to reach desperately to catch the flowers. Ginny jumped as high as she could, but no avail. It passed her as fast it came. But as they disappeared, the women turned around and saw Hermione Granger, holding the bouquet.

"Oh Hermione! You caught it! How lovely that is!" Mrs. Weasley clapped. Soon the others joined in, acting happy for Hermione. Ginny, stood back with her arms crossed over her chest. She was supposed to catch it, not Hermione! If she had caught it, that meant she would be married next! And maybe even to Harry!

Hermione sat there amazed. The bouquet had landed on her lap. But of course it didn't mean she would be the next one married. It was just a tradition, right? Hermione shook the idea from her head and stood up. Sh shrugged it off before throwing them back in the air and heard the women screaming again.

They would be returning to Hogwarts soon and Hermione wasn't looking forward to it. She understood why Harry had was so reluctant to return. After all, their headmaster had fallen. Snape had betrayed them all. And on top of that, Harry had to find the rest of the Horcruxes along with Voldemort...

And yet Harry seemed so...Harry. She just couldn't explain it. He was just Harry and nothing else. Not the Chosen One. Not the Boy Who Lived. Just Harry.

A/N: I need to share the pain with someone!!!!! Help me guys, I will die if I don't do some therapy....