Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ordinary by FieryStar90
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ordinary

FieryStar90

Ordinary: Part Four of…?

Just as Harry was packing to leave, someone (only one of three people) apparted into his flat (bypassing his security system).

"Listen, Gin, if you want to talk about what happened, I think it's-"

He heard a sigh. "It's not Ginny, it's me."

Harry spun around and saw Ron. He gulped nervously. "I suppose Ginny told you then?"

Ron nodded and Harry was spooked to see that he was eerily calm.

"You're not here to hex or punch me, are you?"

Ron shook his head. "Ginny told me everything. And I think… I think that it was good that you two broke up."

Harry was shocked. "What?… Why?"

Ron put on a grim smile. "Ever since Hermione broke up with me… well, I've been growing up, I guess. And I realized that you and Ginny? You were horribly suited for each other. I mean, it's fine when you want a normal life, but I know you, Harry-you have too much of a bloody hero thing. And Gin? She's my sister, and I love her, but she wouldn't understand. I mean, she's been possessed by Voldemort but she never really… got it. Not like Hermione and me. Especially not like Hermione." He sighed. "I should've seen it sooner…"

Harry gaped at him. "You're under the Imperious Curse, aren't you?"

Ron gave him a smirk.

"You're Malfoy, aren't you?"

Ron's grin grew. "Uh-huh. Of course I am, Scarhead."

Harry glared. "What is your favorite flavored jam?"

Ron laughed. "Raspberry, of course."

Harry mock-sighed in relief. Then,

"Wait… why are you really here, Ron?"

Ron grinned. "My sister's been a bit of a bitch, Harry. She apparently hates Hermione with a passion (A/N: no loss there.) And I'm rather sick of her ranting so… so I'm going to help you. I know where Hermione is."

0 0 0

Apparently Hermione had been sending Ron letters from around the world. After a few months, the two became friends (nothing like their old friendship, but friends nonetheless).

"Right now, she's in Italy," Ron told her. "It's one of her last stops, actually, before she settles down."

"Settles down?" Harry frowned. "Where? With who?" For some reason he didn't like, he hated the thought of Hermione getting married.

Ron grinned knowingly. "She's not sure yet. She's thinking of becoming a foreign worker for the ministry-try and rebuild other parts of the world. You know our Hermione."

Harry sighed. "Well… thanks Ron. For everything. I didn't… I'd never think you'd…"

Ron smiled understandingly. "It's all right… of course, there's one thing you could do for me."

Harry grinned. "Anything."

"Bring me back as much Italian food as you can."

0 0 0

Notes: Okay, so it's really short. But my next chapter will be the last one. And I'm sorry if I pulled a JKR with Ron. (Definition of a "JKR": A) Writing a well-loved character completely different than what they have been for the past five years. B) Putting Harry together with a stupidly perfect character that you would normally find in fanfiction and not the flawed yet beloved heroine of the series.) Anyway, I find it so hard to write Ron being serious. But it had to be done. So, sorry!

To all of those who reviewed: you guys are great! Thank you!


-->